Author Topic: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ  (Read 23482 times)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18:43 pm »

Quote from: James O'Brien
I can't find all the tweets from American gun nuts explaining how today's tragedy couldn't have happened if everyone in the mosques had been armed. Can't think why.

Well, he wasn't looking very hard.

One of the suspects taken into custody was released as it turned out that he was an armed member of the public trying to help the police at the second mosque. Pro-gun nuts on many forums are going overboard with the claim that this proves that a good guy with a gun stopped the shootings.

The problem with this narrative is that seven people died at the second mosque. We still don't know (from reliable sources) what he was doing, why he was armed, and how he may have helped or hindered.

New Zealand's gun laws are pretty lax, and allow semi-automatic weapons to be easily purchased. From the Prime Minister's latest comments, that's going to change at last.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2019, 11:03:05 pm »

Well, he wasn't looking very hard.

One of the suspects taken into custody was released as it turned out that he was an armed member of the public trying to help the police at the second mosque. Pro-gun nuts on many forums are going overboard with the claim that this proves that a good guy with a gun stopped the shootings.

The problem with this narrative is that seven people died at the second mosque. We still don't know (from reliable sources) what he was doing, why he was armed, and how he may have helped or hindered.

New Zealand's gun laws are pretty lax, and allow semi-automatic weapons to be easily purchased. From the Prime Minister's latest comments, that's going to change at last.

Sources I read said he was unarmed, attacked the assailant and disarmed him.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2019, 12:54:42 am »
And now a bloke with 19 votes is the most well-known senator - maybe even politician - in Australia. Good work, all!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2019, 01:12:35 am »
My heart breaks for those people. :(

This world seems to be getting more hateful by the day.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:45 am »
And now a bloke with 19 votes is the most well-known senator - maybe even politician - in Australia. Good work, all!

His fame sums up the monster that is social media.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2019, 09:08:59 am »
Live-streamed too. Just seen the video. What a fucking terrible time we live in.
yes I made the mistake of watching it, someone posted it on a What's App group I'm in. I genuinely thought it was a video game or a mock up first as I hadn't heard about this massacre when I watched it. If you do get the chance to watch it, please don't would be my advice. The c*nt didn't just shoot once, he kept going back and shooting bodies over and over to make sure they were dead, this included kids.

He also randomly shot people walking past in the street.

A horrible sick individual who deserves nothing but pain.

RIP to all of the victims
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2019, 09:36:28 am »
My heart breaks for those people. :(

I'm watching the news again this morning and it's making me so fucking angry. What shithouses they are.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2019, 10:20:07 am »
Egg cracked on head of Australian senator Fraser Anning who blamed New Zealand attack on Muslim immigration

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-16/australian-senator-fraser-anning-who-blamed-new-zealand-attack-on-muslim-immigration-is-egged/

What a star that 17-year-old boy is!!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2019, 11:23:53 am »
Egg cracked on head of Australian senator Fraser Anning who blamed New Zealand attack on Muslim immigration

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-16/australian-senator-fraser-anning-who-blamed-new-zealand-attack-on-muslim-immigration-is-egged/

Haha that’s great

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2019, 11:29:12 am »

What a fucking shithouse c*nt he is. He registers that it is just a kid who is a lot smaller than him, then he punches and kicks the lad. No need for the other shithouse who looks like he is chocking the kid on the floor either.

He is a c*nt anyway for the way he has blamed immigration for this massacre - it's evil people like him who cause it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2019, 12:24:47 pm »

Well done that lad, well done son and fuck that Senator, he's a gobby coward.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2019, 12:28:24 pm »
Haha that’s great

Fair play to the lad.

But the overpowering afterwards is completely uncalled for. Hope hes ok.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2019, 12:36:19 pm »
I hope this waste of oxygen gets hassled everywhere he goes for the rest of his life. I'd be so tempted to throw a right hook at him, well done to the guy for letting him know what everyone thinks of him.

https://twitter.com/hpstorian/status/1106841718324756482

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2019, 12:45:46 pm »
100years ago, people like Fraser Anning and Nigel Frottage were writing racial laws and owning slaves. Nothing has changed really with these type of people. Give them a bit of power, immunity, support, and they will activate their full racist mode.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:06:59 pm by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2019, 12:50:36 pm »
100years ago, people like Fraser Anning and Nigel Frottage were writing racial laws and owning slaves. Nothing has changed really with these type of people. Give them a bit of power, immunity, support, and they will active their full racist mode.

Certainly a lot of people 'at the top' do it, either thinly veiled or just outright saying stuff. They need to start by hammering these people, stop them in their tracks first

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »
Fraser Anning is nothing. It's a problem with the net / media that regardless of the quality of the person, if he / she says something controversial, he gets the spotlight. It's a waste of a clean record if you throw a punch at him etc.

What a fucking shithouse c*nt he is. He registers that it is just a kid who is a lot smaller than him, then he punches and kicks the lad. No need for the other shithouse who looks like he is chocking the kid on the floor either.

He is a c*nt anyway for the way he has blamed immigration for this massacre - it's evil people like him who cause it.

You watch the full video, it's his crew that give you an insight into the male bogan culture that I see is still well and alive in 2019. Last I had a run in with one of these creatures was in 2005 when one of them wanted to fight me at an intersection in Bondi for being a Muslim (not one, hell I'm not even brown enough to fit the stereotype!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uu_5e7sWKc&t=186s

Look at them man, four / five of these boneheads to hold down a scrawny kid, chokehold, 'digger' haha, 'he's doing it for you'. Just gagging for a bit of violence. When people say New Zealand / Australia are surprising locations for something like this to happen, then it's probably because it's a white guy perspective. These countries have always had an undercurrent of this sort of thing for years, but overall, the record of dramatic incidents is good, so it's not quite in the spotlight. If it's a white guy visiting these places, nothing to see, if it's non-white but protected by money travelling in a bubble nothing to see, student / worker of Chinese or South Asian descent exposed without filter, plenty to see. Usually when there's a strong white population you'll end up with a large variance, very defined extremes when it comes to discrimination. On one side, top quality people who will deal unreservedly, no cultural bias, on the other end this kind of moron who'll glass you from behind. You'll have to weigh it up when considering the cost - benefit of living in these places if you're non - white.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:09:41 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2019, 01:27:35 pm »
I hope this waste of oxygen gets hassled everywhere he goes for the rest of his life. I'd be so tempted to throw a right hook at him, well done to the guy for letting him know what everyone thinks of him.

https://twitter.com/hpstorian/status/1106841718324756482
He was treated pretty tamely in that video. I don't think I'd trust myself you encounter him, absolute c*nt.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2019, 03:20:13 pm »
FAr right extremism is just as much a danger as Islamist extremism.  Surprisingly we haven’t seen any far left extremist yet, I’m sure some will come along (although historically they dont tend to be quite so murderous)

Is it that surprising though? Far-left ideology generally centers around collective action, the overhauling of economic systems or revolting against the political establishment. Far-right ideology is much more focused on nationalism, nativism and removing 'undesirable' elements from society. Hate crime is the natural conclusion of far-right thinking. That's not to say there is no violence associated with the far-left (of course not) but this particular type of attack is much more likely to be committed by somebody who believes other human beings are worth less because of their race, religion or nationality. Extreme Islamist and extreme right-wing ideologies follow that same line of thinking. It's really important that our public figures and our media outlets that are on the more conservative side of right-wing politics are careful not to keep stoking the fire.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2019, 03:54:47 pm »
Fraser Anning is nothing. It's a problem with the net / media that regardless of the quality of the person, if he / she says something controversial, he gets the spotlight. It's a waste of a clean record if you throw a punch at him etc.

You watch the full video, it's his crew that give you an insight into the male bogan culture that I see is still well and alive in 2019. Last I had a run in with one of these creatures was in 2005 when one of them wanted to fight me at an intersection in Bondi for being a Muslim (not one, hell I'm not even brown enough to fit the stereotype!)

Some daft racists in NI called my brother-in-law 'a Paki bastard' and told him to 'go back to India.

As if that's not moronic enough, I should point out that he's French with Morrocan heritage and has been to neither India or Pakistan.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »
He was treated pretty tamely in that video. I don't think I'd trust myself you encounter him, absolute c*nt.

They should make egg throwing a thing. Everywhere he goes, Aussies should be waiting with eggs (or tomatoes if you're vegan)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2019, 04:22:46 pm »
I see the Telegraph has dropped the story totally from it's online from a page......say a church had same atrocity in NZ...dya think it would be dropped so quickly?

Edit: having said that so has the Gurdian from its front online  page...though on world news version...equally poor in my eyes and same principle applies.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:26:10 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2019, 04:34:06 pm »
I see the Telegraph has dropped the story totally from it's online from a page......say a church had same atrocity in NZ...dya think it would be dropped so quickly?

Edit: having said that so has the Gurdian from its front online  page...though on world news version...equally poor in my eyes and same principle applies.

Guardian online and the app currently lead with it in the UK and under the World tab. It's also on the telegraph online page if you scroll down from the top.

I don't think there's a conspiracy here.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2019, 04:40:17 pm »

Only they havn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
Some daft racists in NI called my brother-in-law 'a Paki bastard' and told him to 'go back to India.

As if that's not moronic enough, I should point out that he's French with Morrocan heritage and has been to neither India or Pakistan.

Mate that hard fact is there are a substantial amount...and I think majority...of thick knob heads out there...posted this elsewhere but had a taxi driver telling me he voted Brexit " to kick the Indians and Pakis out of Bradford and back home"....

Education is the key...should be the biggest spend from the public purse...doesn't get rid of 'emotional ' knob heads ..but you can get people to use their brain and be informed..if not...you end up with countries going to war or atrocities like this.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2019, 04:48:24 pm »
Only they havn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk

My phone goes to Guradian 'world' edition need to click for UK...but if that what crops up in UK them its a relief...not sure sameaplies to the Tory graph

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2019, 05:08:22 pm »
Is it that surprising though? Far-left ideology generally centers around collective action, the overhauling of economic systems or revolting against the political establishment. Far-right ideology is much more focused on nationalism, nativism and removing 'undesirable' elements from society. Hate crime is the natural conclusion of far-right thinking. That's not to say there is no violence associated with the far-left (of course not) but this particular type of attack is much more likely to be committed by somebody who believes other human beings are worth less because of their race, religion or nationality. Extreme Islamist and extreme right-wing ideologies follow that same line of thinking. It's really important that our public figures and our media outlets that are on the more conservative side of right-wing politics are careful not to keep stoking the fire.

That's the ironic thing for me. What we have here are two, basically fascist ideologies at odds with each other.

Fascists on one side believing they represent the white man and fascists on the other side believing they represent the Islamic faith. In the middle of all this are caught up the innocents who want no part of either warped mentality.

You mention the media and public figures. Many have a lot to answer for. The right-wing media come over as xenophobic shit-stirrers and politics is full of people who are highly divisive and who also seem to delight in stirring the pot before taking no responsibility whatsoever.

These types always remind me of the lyric in 'Eton Rifles' by The Jam where Weller sings -

''What a catalyst you turned out to be, loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea.''

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2019, 05:09:27 pm »
Fair play to the lad.

But the overpowering afterwards is completely uncalled for. Hope hes ok.

He'll do time for that egg.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2019, 05:15:05 pm »
Mate that hard fact is there are a substantial amount...and I think majority...of thick knob heads out there...posted this elsewhere but had a taxi driver telling me he voted Brexit " to kick the Indians and Pakis out of Bradford and back home"....

Education is the key...should be the biggest spend from the public purse...doesn't get rid of 'emotional ' knob heads ..but you can get people to use their brain and be informed..if not...you end up with countries going to war or atrocities like this.

Lad at my wife's work said he voted Brexit to stop the Pakis taking all the jobs.  :butt :butt :butt

Eradicating racism starts with the parents, racism is taught, you're not born with it. My lads have mates whose families originally came from Africa, the Caribbean, Pakistan and China - when they are little they just see another kid and either play with them if they are nice/fun to play with or don't if they aren't. When one lad asked why does such and such have dark skin, I explained in simple terms that his ancestors came from somewhere hot and they have darker skin to protect them from the sun, like when we get a tan on holiday - that was enough for him. The primary school, while still a Christian school, also teaches about other religions and this helps I feel.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2019, 05:21:57 pm »
Lad at my wife's work said he voted Brexit to stop the Pakis taking all the jobs.  :butt :butt :butt

Eradicating racism starts with the parents, racism is taught, you're not born with it. My lads have mates whose families originally came from Africa, the Caribbean, Pakistan and China - when they are little they just see another kid and either play with them if they are nice/fun to play with or don't if they aren't. When one lad asked why does such and such have dark skin, I explained in simple terms that his ancestors came from somewhere hot and they have darker skin to protect them from the sun, like when we get a tan on holiday - that was enough for him. The primary school, while still a Christian school, also teaches about other religions and this helps I feel.

And one of the ironys is a substantial park of Asian community voted leave!

On hatred and I slightly disagree as racism is an 'emotional' condition based on fear  ...there are 'intelligent ' people who are racist....this horrific act was..for me..was
.committed by a weak frightened human given ideology  to justify his feelings

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2019, 05:26:40 pm »
The reaction to that kid's small but brave gesture of egging that racist fucknut is amazing. It shows how much people appreciate someone just standing up for them even if it might hurt. We live in democracies in which many of our politicians try to appeal more to the racists and xenophobes for the purpose of getting votes than protect minorities.

They found the kid's social media and nearly 70k people have left comments on his most recent picture, many of them young Muslims and Asians simply saying thank you. Thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtkvE7AgorS/

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2019, 05:28:28 pm »
That's the ironic thing for me. What we have here are two, basically fascist ideologies at odds with each other.

Fascists on one side believing they represent the white man and fascists on the other side believing they represent the Islamic faith. In the middle of all this are caught up the innocents who want no part of either warped mentality.

You mention the media and public figures. Many have a lot to answer for. The right-wing media come over as xenophobic shit-stirrers and politics is full of people who are highly divisive and who also seem to delight in stirring the pot before taking no responsibility whatsoever.

These types always remind me of the lyric in 'Eton Rifles' by The Jam where Weller sings -

''What a catalyst you turned out to be, loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea.''

Nah this is a load of shit to be honest. The guy didn't just attack them because they were Muslim, he attacked them because they were non-white immigrants. He has made that part of his politics very clear. It was a white supremacist anti immigration attack. Their Muslim faith was just a marker for their foreignness. To portray the attack as the latest retaliatory act in some war between two groups is very wrong.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:38:14 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2019, 05:34:52 pm »

Couple of years ago we had 2 Romanian families move in next door, 2 sisters, their husbands and 2 boys. 

At the time my granddaughter spent the weekends and school hols with me and she, aged 6, and the youngest boy David, aged 4, played together all day every day even though they couldn't understand a word each other said. 

It was so lovely that they just got on with it and it was such a shame they moved away as she still asks where he is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2019, 05:56:46 pm »
Nah this is a load of shit to be honest. The guy didn't just attack them because they were Muslim, he attacked them because they were non-white immigrants. He has made that part of his politics very clear. It was a white supremacist anti immigration attack. Their Muslim faith was just a marker for their foreignness. To portray the attack as the latest retaliatory act in some war between two groups is very wrong.

I don't think it's shit at all.

You actually just confirmed my point with your post.

He attacked them because they were an 'alien people/culture' in 'his' land. This is part and parcel of fascist ideology.

Of course it is a war between two very similar ideologies. Both want the eradication of those not like them from the land they see as their own and they will murder in order to achieve this aim.

Both the white supremacist/fascist and the Islamic fanatic share the same ideology. They both want the 'cleansing' of those who are not the same as them from 'their lands' and will commit murder and, if they can get away with it, genocide in order to achieve this aim.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2019, 06:01:16 pm »
I don’t know that I agree with that.  There was plenty of far-left terrorism around in the 70s, and later in places like Peru.  More significant I’d say is the development of organisations (or more loosely, ideologies) to incubate it, attract young men, and eventually it erupts as violence.  I don’t think it’s controversial that in the current round Islamism is years ahead in developing channels to transmit extremist thought, hence the majority of attacks in the past 20-odd years have been from that source (and hence my puzzlement yesterday at why the word ‘terrorism’ is so controversial), but clearly and disastrously the far right is catching up.  I don’t think it would be at all surprising if the extreme left produces the same thing shortly.

Edit: to follow the thought through, if it’s extremist thought of any stripe that leads to violence, the willingness of certain younger figures today to profess communism, or Stalinism or whatever, is worrying, just as the increased respectability and dissemination of racist thought and before it aggressive theological identity are arguably major factors in what’s led us here today.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:15:05 pm by Iska »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2019, 06:29:48 pm »
And one of the ironys is a substantial park of Asian community voted leave!

On hatred and I slightly disagree as racism is an 'emotional' condition based on fear  ...there are 'intelligent ' people who are racist....this horrific act was..for me..was
.committed by a weak frightened human given ideology  to justify his feelings

It is a natural reaction to fear what you don't understand, it is that which kept us alive in the early days of man. However, being brought up to have an understanding of other cultures would surely help? Its not like they are from all white countries anyway, what with the indigenous Australians and the Maoris they will have grown up with.

Couple of years ago we had 2 Romanian families move in next door, 2 sisters, their husbands and 2 boys. 

At the time my granddaughter spent the weekends and school hols with me and she, aged 6, and the youngest boy David, aged 4, played together all day every day even though they couldn't understand a word each other said. 

It was so lovely that they just got on with it and it was such a shame they moved away as she still asks where he is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

See the same on holiday with my two, playing with kids from other countries and they are talking to each other in their own languages, no understanding but they manage to play well together.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2019, 09:06:42 pm »
This guy is awesome:

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2019, 10:26:18 pm »
This guy is awesome:

Small but beautiful gesture. Good on you, sir.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2019, 11:21:19 pm »
I'm sad to say that another body has been found whilst victims were being removed from the Deans Avenue mosque. The death toll is now 50.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.