FINAL: Tubby
8 (19.5%)
Play-off: Betty Blue
11 (26.8%)
Play-off: Chakan
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 24, 2018, 09:26:55 pm

Author Topic: The Djibril Cissé Draft - GRAND FINAL (and 3rd place play-off)  (Read 2168 times)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
The Djibril Cissé Draft - GRAND FINAL (and 3rd place play-off)
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:26:55 pm »
Welcome to the Djibril Cissé's very own Draft where drafters were tasked with creating sides using facts and stats from the life of former red Djibril.

Please judge the following teams and players on their peak ability as well as longevity for club and/or country -

_____________________________________________________GRAND FINAL_______________________________________________________

KingLuis                                     V                                           Tubby

_____________________________________________________3RD PLACE_______________________________________________________

Betty Blue                                           V                                          Chakan

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: The Djibril Cissé Draft - GRAND FINAL (and 3rd place play-off)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:10:07 am »
Bump (pls vote for me).
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 11:06:00 am »
Went for King Luis and Betty. Two exceptional teams in fairness! The other two teams are obviously great as well I just couldn’t help but be drawn to the two winners in my opinion. Some great drafting all round it was a really interesting draft, wouldn’t mind doing something similar again.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:16:08 am »
Congrats, KingLuis, think we both had the strongest teams and it would be a worthy final.  Think people might also be forgetting just how fucking good Barnes was at his peak.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 11:27:56 am »
Tubby and Betty for me.

Tubby in the final so I can say I lost to the winner.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 12:02:26 pm »
Went for King Luis and Betty. Two exceptional teams in fairness! The other two teams are obviously great as well I just couldn’t help but be drawn to the two winners in my opinion. Some great drafting all round it was a really interesting draft, wouldn’t mind doing something similar again.

There might well be one plans in the works  ;)

Congrats, KingLuis, think we both had the strongest teams and it would be a worthy final.  Think people might also be forgetting just how fucking good Barnes was at his peak.

I absolutely love Digger, but Thuram is the best defensive RB of all time IMO and if anyone could nullify Barnes it's him.

Great final in any case. Went for KL by a shade, as I felt Ronaldo and Best would tear your fullbacks asunder. Even two as classy as yours.  While I think you have the edge going through the centre of his defence, Barnes and Hazard would be kept very quiet by the France 98 fullback combo. While your other big attacking threat R. Carlos would have to stay back to deal with Best or risk giving him a free run down that side. Midfield is much of a muchness for me, with Xavi maybe giving KL the slight edge. Not much of a fan of Pique. Think he's massively overrated to be honest, but in McGrath he has the perfect partner to make up for his shortcomings.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:06:51 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:30:50 pm »
While your other big attacking threat R. Carlos would have to stay back to deal with Best or risk giving him a free run down that side.

Yep, my other big attacking threat after Barnes and Hazard is definitely Roberto Carlos.

Works both ways with the fullbacks vs wingers, is Best going to track R. Carlos when he goes the other way?  Not that Hazard is going to be tracking Ronaldo, but still.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:05 pm »

You completely ignored me saying you'd have the edge through the centre? I wrote the post in a hurry. Should have elaborated further the damage Suarez and Diego could do. Ultimately I just preferred KL's overall balance and ability to get at the weaker points in your side.

It would work both ways at fullback if Thuram wasn't there. Barnes is doing nothing against him. While R. Carlos would get skinned alive by peak Best.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 01:16:38 pm »
All good, Bettz.  Really just wanted an excuse to chuck a picture of Diego into the thread.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »
Cheers lads!  Good draft - King Luis and Chakan for moi! 

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:22:52 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 02:34:16 pm »
Cheers lads!  Good draft - King Luis and Chakan for moi! 

Makes me feel better about voting against you earlier in the draft.  And in all subsequent drafts.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 04:28:53 pm »
Makes me feel better about voting against you earlier in the draft.  And in all subsequent drafts.

That's why we are all here mate.  :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Losing to Betty, the shame :(

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 05:08:47 pm »

At least you didn't lose to Nick  :-[
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Re: The Djibril Cissé Draft - GRAND FINAL (and 3rd place play-off
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 05:23:06 pm »
Went with Tubs and Betts for this one. KL has an amazing team with at least 3 players I was about to pick before he snatched them. I just think Maradona is the difference maker here as KL lacks a real DM in midfield, as feisty as Effenberg was he still was more of a creative force than a defensive one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:24:39 pm by Lastrador »

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 07:18:30 pm »

What the....!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 07:22:28 pm »
What the....!

Hehe just kidding mate, trying for the sympathy vote ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 10:32:41 pm »
Congratulations KINGLUIS!

I'm just off the phone to Djibril and he's put on his best suit just for you -

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 10:49:56 pm »
Congrats KL, well deserved.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 11:31:20 pm »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 10:47:33 am »
Cheers lads. Thought my team might come unstuck against tubby's beastly Maradona-Suarez-Barnes combination but glad to see that Ronaldo & Best carried the Manc vote ;D

Looking at the final four teams, I'm amazed any of us managed to build such strong teams. I felt like I was teetering on the edge of oblivion for the entire draft, very few options in each category and not sure what I would've done if any of you sneaky fuckers had pinched any of my players! Good fun though, we should do drafts with categories like this one more often  :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 10:53:03 am »
Cheers lads. Thought my team might come unstuck against tubby's beastly Maradona-Suarez-Barnes combination but glad to see that Ronaldo & Best carried the Manc vote ;D

Looking at the final four teams, I'm amazed any of us managed to build such strong teams. I felt like I was teetering on the edge of oblivion for the entire draft, very few options in each category and not sure what I would've done if any of you sneaky fuckers had pinched any of my players! Good fun though, we should do drafts with categories like this one more often  :)

Yep, great draft idea from Betty.  Well done, man.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 01:00:16 pm »
Yep, great draft idea from Betty.  Well done, man.

Coming soon, The Torben Piechnik draft  ;)