Author Topic: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2018-19 edition  (Read 44068 times)

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2018-19 edition
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2018, 06:35:56 pm »
I’ll go 15 again

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2018, 11:20:16 am »
11 points 3 wins and 2 draws over the next 5 games. Think Arsenal and Watford away will be tough games.

Think City will get 11-13 points as well over the same period. Chelsea probably the same.

Expect us to be (at worst) within 2 points of the league leaders by the end of this 5 game spell.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2018, 11:30:21 am »
I'll be happy with the following:

A Arsenal Draw
H Fulham Win
A Watford Win
H Everton Win
A Burnley Win
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:50 am »
Southampton H - 3
Chelsea A - 1
Man City H - 1
Huddersfield A - 3
Cardiff H - 3

First time I've been 100% correct in a 5 match prediction  8)

Arsenal A - 3
Fulham H - 3
Watford A - 0
Everton H - 3
Burnley A - 3

first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:59 am »
11 points 3 wins and 2 draws over the next 5 games. Think Arsenal and Watford away will be tough games.

Think City will get 11-13 points as well over the same period. Chelsea probably the same.

Expect us to be (at worst) within 2 points of the league leaders by the end of this 5 game spell.
I dunno Jookie.. we've managed to stand shoulder to shoulder with them over a much, much, much tougher 7-game period, disrupted by CL matches and 2 international breaks. I'm sure we should have more than enough to equal them over the next 5- especially since our form and flow is returning.

The Arsenal match I'm also sure we'll win, but I'll be happy with a draw in the worst case.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2018, 07:11:34 am »
I think it goes without saying that our fixture list compared to City or Chelsea has been much more difficult so far and I see this continuing for the next two sets of 5 games each.

If we look at our first 20 fixtures of the season, we seem to have a tough match after every 2 or 3 matches and by tough I mean either a top 6 side or a difficult away where we have struggled in recent seasons or a traditional rivalry like the Ev or Yernited..

In the next 2 sets of 5 matches, we have Watford away (Seem to have rediscovered their early season  form) Arsenal away.. Everton and home and Yernited at home.

At no stage have we had 5 bankable wins against bottom half teams.

But in a way it's a good thing and means we have been focussed and on it from the get go.. No room for complacency, not that Klopp would allow any anyway..

Now coming to my predictions for the upcoming set of 5:

Arsenal A - 1 (Both will settle for a draw if offered a point now)
Fulham H - 3 (Can't defend for their lives.. We will smash them)
Watford A - 3 (Very tough.. But we'll pull through)
Everton H - 3 (Depends how the ref does.. and we'll do these)
Burnley A - 3 (These are shite again.. we'll pick up the win)

13/15
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:14:27 am by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2018, 07:35:49 am »
I think it goes without saying that our fixture list compared to City or Chelsea has been much more difficult so far and I see this continuing for the next two sets of 5 games each.

If we look at our first 20 fixtures of the season,

It cant be much more difficult after 20 games :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2018, 08:09:21 am »
Quite sure we get 12.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2018, 08:55:48 am »

We definitely had the harder start to the season (i.e. up to the last international break). That doesn't hold as true now compared to City. It defo won't after 20 games!

City have played 4 out of the top 10 teams so far this season, including 3 out of the top 6 (Us, Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves). We've played 3 out of the Top 6 as well (all be 4 after this weekend though City play United in a few weeks).

I think we may have had very slightly more difficult fixtures but I don't believe the narrative that we've had a way harder fixtures, in the league, to City so far. I think because City have had their harder fixtures more spread throughout the 1st games and that they have had an easy set of home games where they've smashed teams has given the impression they've played no-one. They've pretty much only got to play Chelsea and United away as hard games this season. Our problem was that our hard run of league games was sandwiched between CL and League cup games against big teams. Overall our fixture list has been much harder. In the league a lot less so.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2018, 08:59:07 am »
We definitely had the harder start to the season (i.e. up to the last international break). That doesn't hold as true now compared to City. It defo won't after 20 games!

City have played 4 out of the top 10 teams so far this season, including 3 out of the top 6 (Us, Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves). We've played 3 out of the Top 6 as well (all be 4 after this weekend though City play United in a few weeks).

I think we may have had very slightly more difficult fixtures but I don't believe the narrative that we've had a way harder fixtures, in the league, to City so far. I think because City have had their harder fixtures more spread throughout the 1st games and that they have had an easy set of home games where they've smashed teams has given the impression they've played no-one. They've pretty much only got to play Chelsea and United away as hard games this season. Our problem was that our hard run of league games was sandwiched between CL and League cup games against big teams. Overall our fixture list has been much harder. In the league a lot less so.
City have played all 4 of those games away from home too.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: November 3, 2018, 10:08:30 pm »
Fulham H - 3 points
Watford A - 3 points
Everton H - 3 points
Burnley A - 3 points
Bournemouth A - 3 points

If we have any aspirations of winning the league we need to win every single one of these games.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 4, 2018, 12:35:30 am »
Guessed the first match right. We need to get maximum point from our next four matches if we want to win the top prize for sure.
Believer

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2018, 07:27:43 pm »
Very tough next 5-6 games. Season defining.

Wake up Liverpool.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:02 pm »
Very tough next 5-6 games. Season defining.

Wake up Liverpool.

We've had tough games for much of the season, yet here we are where we are with 30 points.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2018, 07:31:44 pm »
We've had tough games for much of the season, yet here we are where we are with 30 points.

And on the cusp of faultering in the CL, whilst putting far too many of todays performance in over those 30 points.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:47 pm »
Fulham H - 3 points
Watford A - 3 points
Everton H - 3 points
Burnley A - 3 points
Bournemouth A - 3 points

If we have any aspirations of winning the league we need to win every single one of these games.

Absolutely. Also have to go away to PSG before we play Everton.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:09 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2018, 09:07:35 pm »
The next two games will be massively difficult for different reasons, and we have a huge game against PSG in the middle of it. I hope we win them both but it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped points.

We have Watford away after the break, a place where we have had mixed results in the last 3 visits [loss,win,draw], a side who tend to raise their game against the big sides, have decent technical and physical players and can make the game uncomfortable. They like to attack so they will leave space in behind but a turgid affair is what I expect I'd take any win over them. Hopefully we come away with no injuries after the break.

The following weekend after that we got Everton at home and form goes out the window there, so we all know how difficult the derby's tend to be. We dropped points last season when we shouldn't have against them.

It will be a test for us in every way. Huge week.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2018, 01:04:17 am »
Looking at that, Watford away, PSG Away and Everton home straight after the break we're going to struggle to rest players and we're going to struggle to win all 3. It'd be massive if we did. We really haven't had much help from the fixture computer this year, it has to be said.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2018, 01:19:55 am »
Looking at that, Watford away, PSG Away and Everton home straight after the break we're going to struggle to rest players and we're going to struggle to win all 3. It'd be massive if we did. We really haven't had much help from the fixture computer this year, it has to be said.

We're going to have to rotate, some players more than others, particularly in midfield and perhaps up front [Sturridge for Bobby, Shaq for Mane or Salah]. We can't afford not to, when we have fixtures every 3 games afterwards  [later on we have Napoli then United immediately after that]

You can perhaps see why we have not been pressing as much and playing in 2nd gear with the fixtures we've had  and the ones that are coming up.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:35 am »
We're going to have to rotate, some players more than others, particularly in midfield and perhaps up front [Sturridge for Bobby, Shaq for Mane or Salah]. We can't afford not to, when we have fixtures every 3 games afterwards  [later on we have Napoli then United immediately after that]

You can perhaps see why we have not been pressing as much and playing in 2nd gear with the fixtures we've had  and the ones that are coming up.

I’m sure with hindsight this is positive thinking, but I really fear that spell from mid December against Napoli through to the city game.

It’s pretty brutal and I can’t see us not dropping points.

Whilst i’m sure city’s dropped points will come out of the blue from a surprise team, they have a good run over the same period and should do well. I just see that spell being what decides the season.

If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2018, 03:41:32 am »
ManU away in February is the next league game where we're not a straight up favorite based on betting odds.  Hah!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2018, 07:35:23 am »
I’m sure with hindsight this is positive thinking, but I really fear that spell from mid December against Napoli through to the city game.

It’s pretty brutal and I can’t see us not dropping points.

Whilst i’m sure city’s dropped points will come out of the blue from a surprise team, they have a good run over the same period and should do well. I just see that spell being what decides the season.

Yep. Our fixtures are very difficult but its been compounded by the fact that City have a favoruable set of fixtures between now and the new year. Chelsea away from them will be tough but apart from that I reckon they will win all their games.

We have to probably win all our games as well to keep as close to them but we play Watford, Wolves and Bournemouth away, Everton, Man Utd and Arsenal at home plus we have PSG and Napoli to play. I cant see us winning all of those.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:09 am »
Yep. Our fixtures are very difficult but its been compounded by the fact that City have a favoruable set of fixtures between now and the new year. Chelsea away from them will be tough but apart from that I reckon they will win all their games.

We have to probably win all our games as well to keep as close to them but we play Watford, Wolves and Bournemouth away, Everton, Man Utd and Arsenal at home plus we have PSG and Napoli to play. I cant see us winning all of those.

Realistically you can see that we most likely will draw at least 2 of those games, but there is also no reason why we cannot win all of them too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2018, 10:41:40 am »

The thing is that all teams have a horrific set of fixtures over the xmas period. It suits us to play a side competing in Europe after we have played PSG and Napoli. Everton will have the edge as they have no midweek game but fortunately our game is on the Sunday so gives us an extra day to recuperate/ prepare. Then the midweek game against Burnley and the week end game against Bournemouth (Saturday) will be as testing for us as for them. If anything our squad will be accustomed to 2 games per week.  The Napoli game (huge test unless we beat PSG away) falls on a Tuesday and we have the Man Utd game on the Sunday. I believe we will have one day extra over them. With good use of our squad, we should be able to manage these games. Into the festive season, you have to hope that our deeper squad will give us the edge over the clubs not in Europe who will have smaller squads and substitutes (with all respect) of lesser quality. In other words, their drop in quality will be greater than ours.
The  remaining clubs in the League Cup have a further intense game to navigate on the 18th December 2018.
Man City are looking invincible and they play a high pressing and high energy game at the moment. Can they keep this up for the entire season? David Silva's work rate has been extraordinary and I expect him to drop over time. Even though he will have able replacements in De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, I do believe it is David Silva that makes them tick. He has the ability to retain the ball and suck players out of position more than anyone. He has always been the one player I fear - not Aguero, Sterling or Sane. Stop David Silva- you half way into stopping Man City.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2018, 10:57:03 am »
The thing is that all teams have a horrific set of fixtures over the xmas period. It suits us to play a side competing in Europe after we have played PSG and Napoli. Everton will have the edge as they have no midweek game but fortunately our game is on the Sunday so gives us an extra day to recuperate/ prepare. Then the midweek game against Burnley and the week end game against Bournemouth (Saturday) will be as testing for us as for them. If anything our squad will be accustomed to 2 games per week.  The Napoli game (huge test unless we beat PSG away) falls on a Tuesday and we have the Man Utd game on the Sunday. I believe we will have one day extra over them. With good use of our squad, we should be able to manage these games. Into the festive season, you have to hope that our deeper squad will give us the edge over the clubs not in Europe who will have smaller squads and substitutes (with all respect) of lesser quality. In other words, their drop in quality will be greater than ours.
The  remaining clubs in the League Cup have a further intense game to navigate on the 18th December 2018.
Man City are looking invincible and they play a high pressing and high energy game at the moment. Can they keep this up for the entire season? David Silva's work rate has been extraordinary and I expect him to drop over time. Even though he will have able replacements in De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, I do believe it is David Silva that makes them tick. He has the ability to retain the ball and suck players out of position more than anyone. He has always been the one player I fear - not Aguero, Sterling or Sane. Stop David Silva- you half way into stopping Man City.

Yep, if anything the intensity helps us because unlike most other sides, we can rotate with quality replacements. However the PSG-Everton set and the Napoli-Utd set of games will be a problem not just because of the intensity but of the style of Eveeton and Utd.

Not sure what to expect really. We could win all those games but then we could stumble at Wolves in the Friday night game just before Christmas as they are a very dangerous side.

I guess the most important thing is to focus on Watford after the break which will also be awkward.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2018, 11:00:56 am »
One game at a time.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2018, 11:21:11 am »
One game at a time.

Agreed- for us and the players. I am sure Klopp and his backroom staff will plan ahead though.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2018, 03:28:21 am »
ManU away in February is the next league game where we're not a straight up favorite based on betting odds.  Hah!

Wouldn't City Away also place us underdogs?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #269 on: December 6, 2018, 04:46:32 pm »
Quote from: Paul1611 on September 17, 2018, 10:28:08 AM
Southampton H - 3
Chelsea A - 1
Man City H - 1
Huddersfield A - 3
Cardiff H - 3

Ok, since you asked nicely ;)

A Arsenal Draw
H Fulham Win
A Watford Win
H Everton Win
A Burnley Win

10 out of 10..not bad ;)

Next 5 as follows...

A Bournemouth WIN
H Man Utd WIN
A Wolves WIN
H Newcastle WIN
H Arsenal DRAW

Have a feeling Arsenal will leave us with a lucky point.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 6, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »

Got the number of points collect wrong over the 3rd set of 5 games but got the points gap between us and City correct

Next 5 I'd say:

A Bournemouth DRAW
H Man Utd DRAW
A Wolves WIN
H Newcastle WIN
H Arsenal WIN

Still reckon we'll be within 2 points of City at the end of this run of 5 games. Given we play them the next game, I'd take that all day long.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 05:11:43 pm by Jookie »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #271 on: December 6, 2018, 05:20:07 pm »
Well I went 13 last time out just got Arsenal and Watford results the wrong way around. I think I will go 15 this time and in case you need it that means.....

A Bournemouth  W  (1-3)
H Man Utd  W  (12-0)
A Wolves  W  (0-2)
H Newcastle  W (1-0)
H Arsenal  W  (2-1)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: December 6, 2018, 06:57:13 pm »
13 points

A Bournemouth W
H Man Utd D
A Wolves W
H Newcastle W
H Arsenal W

Calling it now: Mancs to jizz in their pants after they bore their way to a draw against us. Unless Jose goes all-out to get fired, in which case 3-0 to us.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #274 on: December 6, 2018, 07:57:32 pm »
One game at a time.

Kind of misses the point of the thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 6, 2018, 11:07:50 pm »
A Bournemouth (!-2) WIN
H Man Utd (1-0) WIN
A Wolves ((0-2) WIN
H Newcastle (2-0) WIN
H Arsenal WIN (3-2)

let's do it boys ...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 6, 2018, 11:30:08 pm »
A Bournemouth 3 - they have some injuries, and they play a bit open
H Man Utd 3 - we haven't won against them last season, but this season it's different story, we have a top GK as well, and a much better team. Cowardish tactics won't work this time for Jose
A Wolves  3 - a tough game, but they also play quite open, which is good for us
H Newcastle 3 -  don't think they can handle our quality all over the pitch and the bench.
H Arsenal 3 - last time we were close, a draw at home felt like a win for them, but for us, a draw away, felt like a lose. This time we have Anfield!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 7, 2018, 02:38:11 am »
I think we’re going to win all 5.  15 points and top of the table after these 5. 

A Bournemouth - 3
H Man Utd - 5
A Wolves - 3
H Newcastle - 3
H Arsenal WIN - 3

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #278 on: December 7, 2018, 02:51:53 am »
First time I've been 100% correct in a 5 match prediction  8)

Arsenal A - 3
Fulham H - 3
Watford A - 0
Everton H - 3
Burnley A - 3
almost spot on arse draw and we battered Watford. Extra ordinary by everyone which ever way you look at it.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 7, 2018, 03:36:51 am »

A Bournemouth - 3
H Man Utd - 1  Moan always have our number. Hopefully there's rebellion in the ranks.
A Wolves - 3
H Newcastle - 3
H Arsenal WIN - 3

My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?