Author Topic: LFC TV'S Liverpool Library special Hillsborough programme.  (Read 1939 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
LFC TV'S Liverpool Library special Hillsborough programme.
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
LFC TV have kindly invited me to appear on a special edition of the Liverpool Library programme to talk about the new Hillsborough poetry book that I've written called The Nightmare of Hillsborough.

The show will be filmed next Tuesday and will be screened on this years Hillsborough anniversary.

I'm a bit nervous doing it, but at the same time really grateful to LFC TV for giving me the chance to go on air to talk about this new book.

Amongst other things, the book hopes to raise awareness of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), it'll contain 70 poems and 17 pages of colour photographs.

The book was funded by myself and the HJC and will be published by countyvise, the 2nd proof has just been approved so it'll be at the print stage next week.

Rachel King wrote the foreword for the book, Rachels dad was a survivor of Hillsborough but sadly took his own life in 2007 after suffering for years with PTSD

The book will be available from all major book retailers, plus Amazon, Ebay etc or direct from the publisher...cheers.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2011, 12:20:14 am by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: LFC TV'S Liverpool Library special Hillsborough programme.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »
All the best with it mate, thats a wonderful thing you've done there.
Respect.
Justice for the 96.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »
Well done lad

JFT 96
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:47 am »
^^

Cheers.....Book has been priced at £6 by the way.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:33 am »
Good luck with the book.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:47:55 am »
Well done

Good luck with this mate

JFT96
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 07:04:29 pm »
I know this will be bumped when its released so I'll deffo buy a copy then mate.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »
well done alloy, good luck with the tv show!
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »
well done alloy, good luck with the tv show!

Thanks...it went o.k. I think, did a couple of takes to read 2 of the poems though, cos I was asked to look into the camera while reading them, bit I had to keep looking down to read them and was getting lost!

The 3rd one, I got right though !

Claire did the interview, she was really great made me feel relaxed and welcome. Not sure what part they'll use on telly, or they might show it online instead or a bit of both.

Either way appreciate the fact LFC TV gave me the chance to talk about the book. Reckon Brian Reade may be able to give it a small mention in next Saturday's Mirror as well, so if that comes off it'll be a bit of great publicity.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »
quality! glad it went ok, only drawback for you is your mug is going to be plastered allover the place after it, for a good cause mind ;)
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »
Many thanks again to Matt Walker for allowing me to do that, wasn't sure if the programme was just going out online or on the telly until today.

Cheers to all involved at LFC TV the day that was filmed, great bunch of people !