Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 756861 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #1120 on: February 21, 2018, 02:58:06 am »
Me too. Guessing Ox lost his phone and his Snapchat account has been compromised?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:55 am »
I genuinely don't know who we'll sign in midfield this summer its interesting... or if we'll sign another player after Keita
We went for Goretzka but I'm not sure that's totally indicative as he was an opportunity to get a good player without a fee.
You say the gap is Emre Can but Can has never been out and out first choice for Klopp (he's never been first choice above Henderson - we've signed Keita to play in one of the other slots) so I really don't know.

Ox, Naby, Hendo, Adam

Probably need two more, and they need to be tall
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2018, 06:17:50 am »
Ox, Naby, Hendo, Adam

Probably need two more, and they need to be tall

At least two of those have proven to be injured a lot. Not sure why your excluding Gini. But I personally would like to see one or two more CM players. Playing at times with Keita, Gini and  Ox only for rotation is almost two players short.
Henderson and Lallana will most likely spend a lot of time injured again next season.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:13 am »
There was an article out that recommended us to sign Frenkie De Jong as the anchor midfielder. The videos of him playing for Ajax look good and his stats are supposed to be very good though in a lesser league.

Other than that, two other additions like Pulisic and Falkir can not only add depth for the flank attack poisitions and also for the advanced midfielder position as well.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #1124 on: February 21, 2018, 09:23:32 am »
There was an article out that recommended us to sign Frenkie De Jong as the anchor midfielder. The videos of him playing for Ajax look good and his stats are supposed to be very good though in a lesser league.

Other than that, two other additions like Pulisic and Falkir can not only add depth for the flank attack poisitions and also for the advanced midfielder position as well.
Think you're in the wrong thread
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:28 am »
We don’t need a midfielder for next season. Gini Wijnaldum is doing some amazing things already and only needs to be more consistent. Pretty amazing when he is on his game.
Henderson is a very good midfielder, criminally underrated. Keita coming in will add a variety of skills to complement what we have. Lallana still has two seasons of peak performance. Then we have Ox, who is still young and developing.

I think we need another goal obsessed but creative attacker. I really feel that we are set interms of numbers and skillset. We need partnerships to develop and luck with injuries.

Wijanldum is fine, but far too inconsistent to be considered as first 11 for a title challenging side imo. As a squad player, all day long. But so many times this season he's disappointed. Not really sure what amazing things he's done to be honest.

Chamberlain can be classed as cover for both ACM and out wide.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:34:12 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: February 21, 2018, 09:39:47 am »
We don’t need a midfielder for next season. Gini Wijnaldum is doing some amazing things already and only needs to be more consistent. Pretty amazing when he is on his game.
Henderson is a very good midfielder, criminally underrated. Keita coming in will add a variety of skills to complement what we have. Lallana still has two seasons of peak performance. Then we have Ox, who is still young and developing.

I think we need another goal obsessed but creative attacker. I really feel that we are set interms of numbers and skillset. We need partnerships to develop and luck with injuries.
Henderson and Can has been played in the deeper role this season. If Can goes, we need to replace him. Maybe we'll play Keita or Wijnaldum there, but if not, I think there's a gap in the midfield. Especially as Henderson has struggled with injuries and isn't getting any younger.

Henderson and a new 'number 6' (no idea what type of player we'd be after) as the deeper midfielders, with two from Keita, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner as the two more advanced ones. It seems quite a lot of players for only two positions, espcially as I think it will be Keita plus one of the other four as long as he is fit to play. But Lallana struggles with injuries, Milner is getting old, Chamberlain is still adapting and Wijnaldum is quite inconsistent, so I wouldn't mind having them all as options next season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 21, 2018, 09:48:45 am »
Henderson and Can has been played in the deeper role this season. If Can goes, we need to replace him. Maybe we'll play Keita or Wijnaldum there, but if not, I think there's a gap in the midfield. Especially as Henderson has struggled with injuries and isn't getting any younger.

Henderson and a new 'number 6' (no idea what type of player we'd be after) as the deeper midfielders, with two from Keita, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner as the two more advanced ones. It seems quite a lot of players for only two positions, espcially as I think it will be Keita plus one of the other four as long as he is fit to play. But Lallana struggles with injuries, Milner is getting old, Chamberlain is still adapting and Wijnaldum is quite inconsistent, so I wouldn't mind having them all as options next season.

Exactly. Also Milner Chamberlain and Lallana all capable of filling in elsewhere and may have to. Henderson is not available all the time these days and Lallana has always been a little injury prone. Milner will be 33.  I definitely think we need to get a no.6 to complete with Henderson. And whilst sounds harsh because they are all very good players. They aren't elite.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1128 on: February 21, 2018, 03:13:28 pm »
Am I the only one confused by this post?

No. Has there been any explanation?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1129 on: February 21, 2018, 03:40:52 pm »
If you read back i jokingly stipulated the Ox might go down Sturridge road but lose games to a pulled snapchat rather than pulled hamstrings. ie i think hes into 'The Scene' too much and this holds him back from realizing his full potential. Two days later he posted Moreno asleep on the plane with squirrel ears. I think Klopp hates that shit. So its just me being truly hilarious and you guys not getting it because your talking about a CDM Klopps never gonna buy in the Ox thread.

Simples.  ;D

edit and Squishy's what his girlfriend called him. on snapchat. Deserves a song.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:42:47 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1130 on: February 21, 2018, 03:48:50 pm »
If you read back i jokingly stipulated the Ox might go down Sturridge road but lose games to a pulled snapchat rather than pulled hamstrings. ie i think hes into 'The Scene' too much and this holds him back from realizing his full potential. Two days later he posted Moreno asleep on the plane with squirrel ears. I think Klopp hates that shit. So its just me being truly hilarious and you guys not getting it because your talking about a CDM Klopps never gonna buy in the Ox thread.

Simples.  ;D

edit and Squishy's what his girlfriend called him. on snapchat. Deserves a song.

It would be pretty funny to work that into a song. :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1131 on: February 22, 2018, 02:01:40 am »
Squishy
He's just delishy
Hes says he'll miss me
In Liverpool

Squishy
Hes kinda Dishy
im sure he'll miss me
In Liverpool

From the East End Smash opening "Squishy" about a vagabond football player driven headlong out of tinsletown by the evil forces of commerce , and the girlfriend he leaves behind. Not a dry eye in the house.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2018, 02:42:19 am »

Simples.  ;D

Yes, simple. You definitely are.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1133 on: February 22, 2018, 02:44:29 am »
It would be pretty funny to work that into a song. :D

Hey Squishy you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Squishy
Hey Squishy
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1134 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:15 am »
We're so Squishy, oh so Squishy
Chamberlain

We're so Squishy, oh so Squishy
Chamberlain
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1135 on: February 23, 2018, 12:24:42 am »
Yes, simple. You definitely are.

sorry, let me get it right this time.

Hes got a lot of potential.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2018, 01:26:02 am »
Now Lallana is back he will have to dig in and work his way in to the side. Good and difficult job has our Klopp.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: February 24, 2018, 10:40:08 am »
Don't you worry, I am, I think he's absolute elite.  But with a top DM in there he can push forward more and we get the best out of him. Gini has clearly been told not to get as far forward recently as Babu has said. The reason for that is we were conceding too many. Now with a DM in there let Keita, Lallana/Chamberlain go and cause havoc. 

It will be interesting to see what Klopp does. I just hope he doesn't get an okay keeper to challenge Karius and a forward and stop there. I have a feeling that's what he's going to do.

Then the question have to be asked: financial issue or Klopp's choice? If the former, then fsg's feet need to held to the fire. 

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1138 on: February 24, 2018, 05:22:07 pm »
Outstanding in the 2nd half - when he plays as an 8 and is allowed to go central he's really effective

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1139 on: February 24, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
Much better second half. Far more involved in the attack

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1140 on: February 24, 2018, 06:04:36 pm »
Made the 2nd goal.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 24, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »
Made the 2nd goal.

Plus put it on a plate for Mane and Salah on 2 other occasions

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: February 24, 2018, 06:15:03 pm »

Like his drive and persistence in midfield, able to go past players and make something happen, will be interesting to see how he adapts next season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: February 24, 2018, 07:12:39 pm »
It's refreshing to see a midfielder who can run with the ball, without messing his legs and treating the ball like it's his biggest enemy.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1144 on: February 24, 2018, 07:44:33 pm »
He was pretty good today. Fairly anonymous first half and really excellent in the second. I dont know what it is that gets him from level A to level B if its a confidence thing, a determination thing, a coaching input thing, what exactly does it.  That second level is really quite a player.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:58 pm »
looks like Wenger and all the England managers were wrong and Ox and Klopp were right .... he absolutely is a central midfielder.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2018, 08:08:49 pm »
he was so good in the 2nd half. On the balance of the whole game I'd give Milner MOM, but for the 2nd half showing alone, Chambo was up there, he was really good, very noticable, strong on the ball, running with the ball, good passes, could have had 3 assists.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: February 24, 2018, 08:10:43 pm »
Good homegrown players are getting harder to come by. We got a good one with him. Got a lot of room for improvement but he is improving.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1148 on: February 24, 2018, 09:25:35 pm »
Great 2nd half and made the 2nd, shame he couldn't get one for himself because it looked like he wanted one
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2018, 09:35:30 pm »
he was so good in the 2nd half. On the balance of the whole game I'd give Milner MOM, but for the 2nd half showing alone, Chambo was up there, he was really good, very noticable, strong on the ball, running with the ball, good passes, could have had 3 assists.

Something he is doing which opens up a lot of space for us is being square to a pass then at the last moment dropping a shoulder and letting it go past him into an open space behind him. Usually you see it on passes from outside to inside, he does it to take two players out of the game and create spaces in the central band of the pitch. Did it twice today and took a few West Ham players out of the game every time when he does it. Shows a very high level of spatial awareness and that he is scanning well in advance of showing for and receiving passes. Just little things like that are crucial in games against a tight defence though. Usually once you take a touch any space has gone that was created by the ball being shifted from one position to another. Great stuff.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: February 24, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »
looks like Wenger and all the England managers were wrong and Ox and Klopp were right .... he absolutely is a central midfielder.

Couldn’t agree more - he’s an advanced CM. Looks ordinary when he plays wide or further forward... looks really dangerous when he’s central

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: February 24, 2018, 11:24:52 pm »
Something he is doing which opens up a lot of space for us is being square to a pass then at the last moment dropping a shoulder and letting it go past him into an open space behind him. Usually you see it on passes from outside to inside, he does it to take two players out of the game and create spaces in the central band of the pitch. Did it twice today and took a few West Ham players out of the game every time when he does it. Shows a very high level of spatial awareness and that he is scanning well in advance of showing for and receiving passes. Just little things like that are crucial in games against a tight defence though. Usually once you take a touch any space has gone that was created by the ball being shifted from one position to another. Great stuff.

Mane also did that two or three times today and we played some great stuff around the box as a result

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1152 on: February 24, 2018, 11:26:22 pm »
Had a really good second half very creative, but he worked hard defensively in the first half as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: February 25, 2018, 01:06:43 am »
 I think he's a really good player that has improved a lot from the 1st half of the season and when starting has put together a string of good games.

To me, he'd be a first choice midfielder alongside Milner and next year Keita with a no.6 behind them. It's been Gini so far this season but to my mind Oxlade has gone past him.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: February 25, 2018, 01:14:16 am »
I think he's a really good player that has improved a lot from the 1st half of the season and when starting has put together a string of good games.

To me, he'd be a first choice midfielder alongside Milner and next year Keita with a no.6 behind them. It's been Gini so far this season but to my mind Oxlade has gone past him.

Milner isnt going to be first choice, and dont forget about Henderson.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: February 25, 2018, 01:34:03 am »
Is there an "every touch" video making the rounds yet? There was one in particular where he sprinted just to knock the ball past someone and keep an attack alive that I'd love to see again.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #1156 on: February 25, 2018, 01:54:20 am »
I'm extremely excited by the prospect of Keita joining Ox in advanced midefield next season.. The direct dribbling from both of them will tear the defensive shape of low block sides apart big time.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: February 25, 2018, 04:13:05 am »
Made the 2nd goal.

exquisite weight on the pass. all while losing his balance. that run that bulldozed through the hammers midfield and defence was a powerful one. Hammers players are no slouch.

don't think he was happy with 4 either. He was pushing the players forward at injury time and looked pissed his shot didn't go in late in the game.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 25, 2018, 04:27:30 am »

I think Milner currently should be with Oxlade beside him and Hendo no.6. Next season it likely changes, especially with Keita but for the moment, on current form that’s my midfield three.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: February 25, 2018, 09:43:36 am »

Milner is better than Henderson to be honest. Wouldnt want Milner and Henderson in the same midfield.

Milner is the only midfielder at the club who can put his foot on the ball either deep or attacking third and pick a pass, tackle and get stuck in. Id rather play Milner next season than Gini, simple the fact Milner turns up and takes on responsibility while the other looks petrified on the ball.

Ox is a hard one. First half he was poor because it was Milner bringing the ball out of midfield and doing more link up play, while Chamberlain stayed deep. Second half they switched and he got more in the game and got his assist. You would have thought against teams that park the bus, hed come out of his shell but its the opposite.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke