Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 474153 times)

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #5160 on: October 10, 2019, 08:47:04 am »

I drive my van daily with a Yorkie bar in hand so we'll covered in the manly stakes [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

loved those ads
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5161 on: October 10, 2019, 01:29:36 pm »
loved those ads
Probably not allowed sexist ads like that anymore in this snowflake world we find ourselves in.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5162 on: October 10, 2019, 01:43:11 pm »
Just ordered this, pissed off with having to wait a couple of months for it though [emoji3525]

Very nice.

Now you can park on zigzags when you drop the kids off at school.  :-X
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5163 on: October 10, 2019, 02:38:48 pm »
Very nice.

Now you can park on zigzags when you drop the kids off at school.  :-X
Tbf I park wherever I want no matter what vehicle I'm in, I always take up two spots in car parks for example [emoji6][emoji14]

*awaits for all the outraged posts about this [emoji23]

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5164 on: October 10, 2019, 02:47:15 pm »
Just bought a Renault Kadjar. Got rid of our BMW 1 Series for it. Absolutely love it. Drives lovely, 1.5 diesel, currently getting about 650 miles from a full tank so its brilliant. So different being up instead of quite low whilst driving

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5165 on: October 10, 2019, 03:19:06 pm »
Just bought a Renault Kadjar. Got rid of our BMW 1 Series for it. Absolutely love it. Drives lovely, 1.5 diesel, currently getting about 650 miles from a full tank so its brilliant. So different being up instead of quite low whilst driving
Definitely takes some getting used to when there's different elevation levels. I went from a 4x4 to my current car and it was like being in a go kart it was that low down [emoji23]

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5166 on: October 10, 2019, 03:19:54 pm »
Is that a hairdressers car?
It's a well off hairdressers car, the not so successful ones usually they drive A3's don't they? [emoji12]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:33:23 pm by Shady Craig »

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5167 on: October 10, 2019, 04:00:08 pm »
A new VW Tiguan R Line Tech in black, looks great, just like that white annoying one in the advert.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5168 on: October 10, 2019, 06:53:53 pm »
Well it's my missus car and she used to be a hairdresser so yeah it kind of is [emoji12]

I drive my van daily with a Yorkie bar in hand so well covered in the manly stakes [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Haha!

I do actually like the new evoque. Will be considering it when the current lease on my audi is up

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5169 on: October 10, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »
It's a well off hairdressers car, the not so successful ones usually they drive A3's don't they? [emoji12]

Hook line and sinker

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5170 on: October 11, 2019, 06:17:08 pm »

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #5171 on: December 10, 2019, 11:38:58 pm »
Collected my new car last week, just in time for the arrival of my beautiful baby daughter. Loving it so far - super refined and safe as houses.

In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5172 on: December 11, 2019, 08:07:39 am »
I drive a 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback that I bought as a new car. I got a hefty 24% off on the showroom price as they were phasing her out to accommodate the 2019 Mazda3. We drive a royal dark blue not the one shown here, but it is the same hatchback and same series.

We have the 2l 120hp skyactive engine thats mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5173 on: December 11, 2019, 08:55:13 am »
Collected my new car last week, just in time for the arrival of my beautiful baby daughter. Loving it so far - super refined and safe as houses.

very nice pal

and best of luck with new arrival

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5174 on: December 11, 2019, 08:07:26 pm »
Been driving a Jaguar XE courtesy car while my car has been getting fixed following a bump in an asda car park.

Lovely car to drive but has some strange little quirks that I just don’t think I could live with long term, plus the back as tiny!!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5175 on: December 11, 2019, 08:15:43 pm »
Congratulations on the little Imp!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5176 on: December 11, 2019, 08:19:15 pm »
Been driving a Jaguar XE courtesy car while my car has been getting fixed following a bump in an asda car park.

Lovely car to drive but has some strange little quirks that I just don’t think I could live with long term, plus the back as tiny!!

My lads mates Dad bought one - got a lift to a kids party, my lad pipes up from the back "Dad, your car is miles better than this".

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #5177 on: December 12, 2019, 12:11:43 pm »
Looking at getting an Audi A3 after Christmas, probably around 3-4 years old.

Has anybody had any experience with them? Would you recommend?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5178 on: December 12, 2019, 03:50:45 pm »
Looking at getting an Audi A3 after Christmas, probably around 3-4 years old.

Has anybody had any experience with them? Would you recommend?
Yep, good tech too.

Not need to get anything fancy to get good level specs. Get the 1.4 cylinder on demand for great efficiency

Or get a golf for less.... essentially the same car
W

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5179 on: December 13, 2019, 01:14:27 am »
When we lived in the uk, way back when, my wife loved her A3
Was great to drive, never had any issues and was great for the kids as a taxi

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5180 on: December 13, 2019, 07:46:31 am »
I drive a 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback that I bought as a new car. I got a hefty 24% off on the showroom price as they were phasing her out to accommodate the 2019 Mazda3. We drive a royal dark blue not the one shown here, but it is the same hatchback and same series.

Nearly got myself one of these, because my dad has one. Went for a cheaper Mazda2 though, because I didn't really like the look of the front part of the 3. Have seen the new model recently and it looked way better...

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5181 on: December 13, 2019, 09:02:29 am »
Nearly got myself one of these, because my dad has one. Went for a cheaper Mazda2 though, because I didn't really like the look of the front part of the 3. Have seen the new model recently and it looked way better...

I remember you telling me that the Mazda was really good and that it was your (or your dad's) 2nd or 3rd Mazda.

That played a significant role in my decision. A whole lotta thanks to you mate. Beers on me when we meet. :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5182 on: December 16, 2019, 11:16:57 am »

Last year I bought a CX-3 Takumi - best car I've ever owned, hands down. Then I moved to Tallinn and didn't need a car. Sold it. Gutted, maaaan. Before that I had a Mazda 3 previous gen to yours. Absolute beast. So fucking reliable and smooth I can't even describe it. I'd take Japanese cars over German or any other for that matter. Before that I drove Saabs but then, well, yer know.....

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5183 on: December 16, 2019, 11:41:01 am »
Also a Mazda 3 owner, though the 2011 Takuya model. Couldn't be happier with it, not had a single issue with it in 2 years bar having to replace a headlamp.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5184 on: December 17, 2019, 11:30:50 am »

What quirks do you mean?  Was kinda looking at one of these in the near future but now not so sure!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5185 on: December 17, 2019, 04:18:19 pm »
Also a Mazda 3 owner, though the 2011 Takuya model. Couldn't be happier with it, not had a single issue with it in 2 years bar having to replace a headlamp.

Speaking about headlamps... What the fuck is wrong with car developers that they basically make it impossible to change the bulbs yourself? I used to do it with my old Mazda2 and it was a pain in the arse back then. You had to get your hand around three corners and then you had to twist the bulb and the socket in a weird way. My mechanic told me that for them it's no big issue, because they do it every day, but for someone who does it once every year or even once every two years it was horrible. Had a look at my new Mazda2's manual, hoping that it would be easier, but in fact it seems to have become more complicated...

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5186 on: December 17, 2019, 04:19:53 pm »
Speaking about headlamps... What the fuck is wrong with car developers that they basically make it impossible to change the bulbs yourself? I used to do it with my old Mazda2 and it was a pain in the arse back then. You had to get your hand around three corners and then you had to twist the bulb and the socket in a weird way. My mechanic told me that for them it's no big issue, because they do it every day, but for someone who does it once every year or even once every two years it was horrible. Had a look at my new Mazda2's manual, hoping that it would be easier, but in fact it seems to have become more complicated...
i have never known cars to be easy to change front bulbs

i now just go to halfords for it.

years ago a fella i worked with changed one for me while it was quiet, he had to take the battery out and all

halfords fella yesterday was impressive. he had it done and all in less than two mins

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5187 on: December 17, 2019, 04:54:29 pm »
That's weird cos my previous Mazda 3 had the 2nd easiest front headlamp change ever, beaten only by Saab for simplicity and access.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5188 on: December 17, 2019, 05:04:29 pm »

Its all about speed of building the car, not how easy they are to work on. The upside for them is it makes people go the dealer for basic stuff they would usually do themselves.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5189 on: December 19, 2019, 11:35:19 pm »

Modern cars and car makers try and fit as much as they can cram into the engine bay and leave very little space to work on anything without having to take plenty of bits apart first. They sacrifice practicality for design. I know firsthand because I've always liked to work on my cars myself whenever I've had the opportunity to do so. For instance, I remember some smaller cars with 4 or 6 cylinder engines from 20-25 years ago. I could climb into the engine bay and stand inside let alone change a bulb on a headlamp. Try doing that now with a 4-cyl turbocharged TFSI blah blah whatever. You can't fit your hand in let alone do anything else. Just the other day I replaced the main beam bulbs on my 10 year old Audi and I have bruises all over my knuckles to show for it.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5190 on: December 20, 2019, 08:51:54 am »
thats nuts.

i think my dad used to say every week he cleaned the plugs ? ? ? ?

maybe i have that wrong, but this was the 70s, he used to clean them every week but now you cant get at them at all

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5191 on: December 20, 2019, 09:22:10 am »
thats nuts.

i think my dad used to say every week he cleaned the plugs ? ? ? ?

maybe i have that wrong, but this was the 70s, he used to clean them every week but now you cant get at them at all

Modern cars are a nightmare to work on. I started off playing about with Cortinas and Capris, dead easy to do engine work on. My wifes 06 Astra, you cannot even change the oil filter without a ramp, it is in such a stupid place. The car isself is physically big, I reckon its higher and wider than my old Sierra Sapphire

Mk4 Cortina

Astra H (06)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5192 on: December 20, 2019, 12:24:58 pm »
To be honest it's about time the combustion engine just buggered off altogether

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5193 on: December 20, 2019, 12:57:34 pm »
To be honest it's about time the combustion engine just buggered off altogether

Going to be a long time before we can switch to electric and until public transport becomes a clean, safe, acceptable mode of transport and not a just a method of treating people like cattle while fleecing them for as much money as possible, we will not move away from our cars.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5194 on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:06 pm »
I pranged my car into the back of an Uber (not deliberately, though there's always that temptation) and the dealership I had mine taken to took 8 working days to even get round to providing an estimate for my insurance, and only did it after I'd complained to the manufacturer's customer service people.

Don't know whether the complaint helped, but they've put me in a petrol C200 AMG coupe that's great fun. Not particularly practical, I'm only getting just over 25mpg (like I said, it's great fun to drive!), and I'm itching to get mine back now, but I've enjoyed it, and in sport mode the engine sounds brilliant past around 5,500 rpm.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5195 on: December 21, 2019, 01:26:15 am »
Inherited a new company car, a 2019 330i. Never been a BMW fan but it’s lovely. Very happy with it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5196 on: January 12, 2020, 01:28:43 pm »
Looking at getting a BMW X2 Sport.  It comes in both 4-wheel (xDrive) and Front Wheel (sDrive) flavours.

I have no desire to go off-road or anything like that so am i best just sticking with front wheel drive?

Also, anyone got the X2?

cheers

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5197 on: January 21, 2020, 06:46:03 pm »
Car bans coming in Birmingham city centre, York and now possibly Brighton. Diesel bans in Bristol and other ULEZ type fares across other councils.

Enjoy your motoring, it won't last for long.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5198 on: January 21, 2020, 10:25:08 pm »
Car bans coming in Birmingham city centre, York and now possibly Brighton. Diesel bans in Bristol and other ULEZ type fares across other councils.

Hopefully there'll be a revolt.

I hate public transport.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5199 on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:56 pm »

Who enjoys motoring in city centres though? Put good public transport in place and people will prefer it.