Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663380 times)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #2920 on: March 17, 2019, 05:36:25 pm »
He played really well when he came on!! He will move to this type of level when he moves club, he’ll score loads given the right opportunity. His work rate was quality

Wouldn’t be so sure he’s off to be honest

I for one hope not. Young still and a talent

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2921 on: March 17, 2019, 05:46:42 pm »
Excellent when he came on.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2922 on: March 17, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »
Strong, willing and direct when he came on. Gave Fulham another threat to deal with. Well in lad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2923 on: March 17, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »
At least he offers some direct running. I cant see him being here next season but will always remember his goal against Everton.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2924 on: March 17, 2019, 06:39:53 pm »
Wouldn’t be so sure he’s off to be honest

I for one hope not. Young still and a talent

He’s playing well enough to warm the bench that’s for sure

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2925 on: March 17, 2019, 07:26:03 pm »
can't ask much more, head down 100% effort and making an impact when it matters
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2926 on: March 17, 2019, 08:21:07 pm »
Another good job done today.
SOS 8040

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #2927 on: March 17, 2019, 08:22:44 pm »
Quality shift when he came on.

Well done to the lad !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:32 pm »
He's actually starting to trust himself, providing an outlet, and also being aggressive. He's still a good step below the main 3 - but it's evident that Klopp feels that when Origi comes in he will press and work hard. Not that Sturridge doesn't want to - but he just can't.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #2929 on: March 17, 2019, 10:49:35 pm »
If we can contribute as part of a front three as effectively as he can contribute on an individual basis, then he will be a potent option. I'd like to see him start and perform with the same energy he had today, and see how well he linked up with the rest of the front three, but not a chance we'd risk that at this stage of the season willingly.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2930 on: March 17, 2019, 11:24:01 pm »
I hope he stays for next season. He brings something different, has a goal in him and is an effective substitute.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: March 18, 2019, 07:48:25 am »
It’s clear his touch has improved this season. Seems to have got smarter and is playing to his strengths.

Amazing hair too  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:06 am »
It’s clear his touch has improved this season. Seems to have got smarter and is playing to his strengths.

Amazing hair too  ;D
Yes, yes, yes, and yes  ;D
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: March 18, 2019, 09:56:51 am »
I would offer him a new deal.

Only 23 has looked very good in 2019.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2934 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:54 am »
I would offer him a new deal.

Only 23 has looked very good in 2019.

to be honest he's miles away from the level we need. Come the end of the season I think club and player will know it's time to move on.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: March 18, 2019, 10:31:28 am »
to be honest he's miles away from the level we need. Come the end of the season I think club and player will know it's time to move on.
He will prob want a move.

But you think we are paying 70-80m for a back up to the front 3?

Someone as good as will cost over 100m.

Unless we unearth a gem for 20-30m.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2936 on: March 18, 2019, 10:36:20 am »

Fekir was touted at around 50mil when we nearly signed him. Even Timo Werner or Luka Jovic wouldn't cost 80m.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2937 on: March 18, 2019, 10:37:38 am »

With Sturridge gone, can we afford to let him go? I can't see us going out and buying two or three strikers given that we haven't signed one for about four bloody years.

He's proving himself to be a decent impact sub at the moment.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: March 18, 2019, 06:48:45 pm »
Thought his performance against Fulham was his best yet. He looks like he's really trying very hard with his running, energy. I think if he can just add a bit of quality and intelligence to his play then he might earn himself more time here. But then, that's always been his issue. I don't think he has that game intelligence. He has the raw attributes in abundance, but his best level doesn't seem to get any better season by season which it should really do for a young player. In any case, he's done well. Certainly making the most of what opportunities he has had and I have to say whenever he got the ball against Fulham, I thought he would make something happen or score.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2939 on: March 19, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »

Agreed. Pleasantly surprised at the changes to his game and his relative effectiveness. But we will retool our bench in the summer with a player that will push the front 3 and be able to play in midfield on occasion.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: March 19, 2019, 12:05:42 pm »
With Sturridge gone, can we afford to let him go? I can't see us going out and buying two or three strikers given that we haven't signed one for about four bloody years.

He's proving himself to be a decent impact sub at the moment.

Sturridge's replacement is Brewster.

We almost signed Fekir last summer. We'll be back for a similar player this summer.

He is 23. He needs to be something more than an impact sub. Can see him getting a contract at another PL club that he will suit better.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:08:02 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2941 on: March 19, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »

I still don't get why people consider a 4th attacking player, when we play with 3, a back up. Plenty of times this season all three of Mane, Firmino and Salah have looked like they need a rest, or been injured, or not been on form, so over the course of a 50+ game season a 4th player would easily get 2000+ mins.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2942 on: March 19, 2019, 12:47:05 pm »

We didn't pay that kind of money for any of the actual front three. We bought all three for less than £100m combined.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: March 19, 2019, 01:19:38 pm »
I still don't get why people consider a 4th attacking player, when we play with 3, a back up. Plenty of times this season all three of Mane, Firmino and Salah have looked like they need a rest, or been injured, or not been on form, so over the course of a 50+ game season a 4th player would easily get 2000+ mins.
I agree, I think we could benefit from having an "any 3 from 4" option with no drop off in quality.
As you say it allows the minutes to be shared and I think we have been extremely fortunate with our lack of front 3 injuries over the last couple of years especially when we compare it to injuries in the midfield and defence.

An added benefit of having 4 of the same quality is that the club we're playing against don't get a lift from one of the current 3 either not playing at all, or getting subbed.
No one bats an eyelid if Sterling, Aguero, Sane start from the bench.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2944 on: March 19, 2019, 02:13:42 pm »
I'm starting to like him as a player again.  I thought he had potential when we first got him, but then he went off the boil and I don't think he had that successful a time out on loan.  I think he's done OK since he's come back (Very good against Fulham) and although I don't think he's the answer to be the main backup to our front 3 as the quality is quite a way off Salah, Mane and Bobby, I think he is a very good squad player for us.

I hope he stays with us, but if he's wanting first team football week in week out, then he may be off at the end of the season and if anything his current form should get us a few more ££££ for him in the summer.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: March 19, 2019, 06:18:50 pm »
We didn't pay that kind of money for any of the actual front three. We bought all three for less than £100m combined.

True but the market changed significantly after we bought Salah. Neymar, Mbappe & Dembele (and Coutinho) all went for 100M+ and with Madrid, Bayern, Utd, Chelsea plus the usual suspects in City/PSG all potentially splashing huge cash this summer its certainly not going to get any better.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: March 19, 2019, 07:04:00 pm »
True but the market changed significantly after we bought Salah. Neymar, Mbappe & Dembele (and Coutinho) all went for 100M+ and with Madrid, Bayern, Utd, Chelsea plus the usual suspects in City/PSG all potentially splashing huge cash this summer its certainly not going to get any better.

Not really the point. The players you talk about there were established megastars. We have done much better business than all of that by good scouting, buying players with the attributes to fit the team, rather than asking a twelve year old "who looks good on FIFA?" which is the essence of the PSG/Real/Barca method. Even at the time we signed them, none of our front three were world shaking transfer deals.

Unless I missed something and all our scouts have just dropped dead, we can still go out and find more where those three came from, and we won't pay through the roof when we do.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: March 19, 2019, 09:31:29 pm »

This is wheeled out every time a big deal happens and although the market changes and players on average cost more now than previously, overall its never really rung true in the way its used. Remember when 'the market changed when Pogba went back to the mancs' but we still bought Salah after that. The trend will never change imo, the average cost of players will continue to increase, but there will always be overlooked players like Salah who go for a lot less than their true value.

As far as I can see it, we rarely pursue the massive massive players. Van Dijk and Alisson are the only 2 i've seen in a long long time, before them, who was the last player we bought and everyone sat back thinking that's a huge deal and statement of intent? Even going back to Torres, it wasn't massive, a good deal, great potential but many pulled up the fact he wasn't putting up huge numbers in spain
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:33:36 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: March 20, 2019, 03:55:10 am »
Sturridge's replacement is Brewster.

We almost signed Fekir last summer. We'll be back for a similar player this summer.

He is 23. He needs to be something more than an impact sub. Can see him getting a contract at another PL club that he will suit better.

Speaking of Fekir, he may be too chancy at 50 plus million but what if he were signed on a free transfer? That may ameliorate the risk to some extent and perhaps add some performance related pay scales in case he is knocked out by injury in his contract?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2949 on: March 20, 2019, 08:41:34 am »
Speaking of Fekir, he may be too chancy at 50 plus million but what if he were signed on a free transfer? That may ameliorate the risk to some extent and perhaps add some performance related pay scales in case he is knocked out by injury in his contract?

If Fekir was available on a free transfer, I would suspect every top club in Europe would have a passing interest in him.

He's likely end up with multiple contract offers on the table. A performance related contract probably wouldn't be that appealing to him in that instance.

There's also the small matter of what Fekir thinks about joining us. We pulled out of a deal for him at the 11th hour. Understandably so from our position. However, I wonder how Nabil Fekir feels? Does he just view it as one of those things and if we rocked up again he'd be interested? Or is he annoyed at Liverpool for pulling the plug on the deal last summer and denying him a dream move but also at the same time alerting every other club in Europe to a potential medical issue?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: March 20, 2019, 02:43:03 pm »
Just have a feeling that this lad will have a big say in the title race and the trophy ending up at Anfield come May..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2951 on: March 20, 2019, 11:56:54 pm »
I think he's worth a pretty penny in the market and we'd expect to get his worth. If we dont get a competitive bid, we might keep him and give him a contract and he's a sound option off the bench. If we do see a bid over the 25 million mark, then it'd be hard to turn down though, because he probably could be a first choice option for many a top division club.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:03 am »
Just have a feeling that this lad will have a big say in the title race and the trophy ending up at Anfield come May..
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: March 21, 2019, 05:33:24 am »
This is wheeled out every time a big deal happens and although the market changes and players on average cost more now than previously, overall its never really rung true in the way its used. Remember when 'the market changed when Pogba went back to the mancs' but we still bought Salah after that. The trend will never change imo, the average cost of players will continue to increase, but there will always be overlooked players like Salah who go for a lot less than their true value.

As far as I can see it, we rarely pursue the massive massive players. Van Dijk and Alisson are the only 2 i've seen in a long long time, before them, who was the last player we bought and everyone sat back thinking that's a huge deal and statement of intent? Even going back to Torres, it wasn't massive, a good deal, great potential but many pulled up the fact he wasn't putting up huge numbers in spain

Except it is true, Salah was our record signing, since then every main player we bought has been that and more fabhino was the same amount as Salah, Keita, Allison and VVD were all significantly more. Since Salah's transfer Neymar, Coutinho, Mbappe, Dembele and even 31 year old Ronaldo have gone for over 100M. These are top players as you said but now even decent players are crazy money Lukaku 90M, Kepa 70M, Lemar 60M Mahrez 60M Morata 60M

My point is there wont be many decent players at cheap prices because the top players raise the bar and now every team wants top money for the better players. Werner a player many think we might be after will be at least 50M. This idea that we will be able to find rough gems lying around for peanuts is crazy as soon as we are remotely linked to anyone now the price will rocket, its why agents keep throwing our name around as possible destinations for their client

We all believe we are back at the top of the game again and competing with the Barca's, Madrid's, Utd's, City's and rightly so. The problem with that is we will also be charged the premium they get charged for players they want too.

And to claim Torres wasn't a massive signing is crazy he was our record signing in 2007 and many pundits, fans etc thought we'd massively overspent on him, thankfully they were sooooo wrong but we didn't break that record again until we sold Torres and used the money to buy Suarez and Carroll.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:38:28 am by blacksun »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: March 21, 2019, 12:03:45 pm »

But what if he does goes down injured and his wonky knee needs to be rebuilt? That is the cincern zi think rather than the money. I don't think we need to be buying any ticking timebombs when we need all hands on deck to fight for titles.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2955 on: March 21, 2019, 12:51:58 pm »
I don't expect us to find another attacker for less than 50M, but it's not impossible to find very good players for cheap. We've found Robertson, Matip and Shaqiri very recently.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2956 on: March 21, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »

Our Macheda ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2957 on: March 21, 2019, 04:13:25 pm »
Except it is true, Salah was our record signing, since then every main player we bought has been that and more fabhino was the same amount as Salah, Keita, Allison and VVD were all significantly more. Since Salah's transfer Neymar, Coutinho, Mbappe, Dembele and even 31 year old Ronaldo have gone for over 100M. These are top players as you said but now even decent players are crazy money Lukaku 90M, Kepa 70M, Lemar 60M Mahrez 60M Morata 60M

And? We could quote a lot of players not as good as Salah who cost more than him before we bought him. There are some very expensive players. That does not mean that all good players are equally expensive.

Here are a few from 2016, the year before we bought Salah:
Sane £37m
Stones £47.5m
Hulk £46.5m
Higuain £75m

More? How about these from a year before that?
Martial £36m
Sterling £49m
Di Maria £45m
De Bruyne £55m

Plenty of clubs spending a hell of a lot more than us, always were. Means nothing. We find value. We aren't trying to buy big names. The club is very good at finding the right players, and we have the resources to bring them here.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:42 pm »
Who the heck signed Hulk for £45m? 

Martial for £36m is a rip off too, given his return. And Man Utd have played payed some more since then I think.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:15 pm »
And? We could quote a lot of players not as good as Salah who cost more than him before we bought him. There are some very expensive players. That does not mean that all good players are equally expensive.

Here are a few from 2016, the year before we bought Salah:
Sane £37m
Stones £47.5m
Hulk £46.5m
Higuain £75m

More? How about these from a year before that?
Martial £36m
Sterling £49m
Di Maria £45m
De Bruyne £55m

Plenty of clubs spending a hell of a lot more than us, always were. Means nothing. We find value. We aren't trying to buy big names. The club is very good at finding the right players, and we have the resources to bring them here.

Thanks for proving my point, all those you quoted were less than 50M (bar Higuain) the year before, the following year players of a similar standard were 60+ so the market is going up at huge numbers every year now. If you think anyone is going to sell us their best player for 8M now you're nuts. As soon as we ask they are going to bump the price up because we are now part of the top table group.