Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23655 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That's a great team Lastrador.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
There's a lot of number 10s there, maybe play a box midfield with Keane and Jugovic at the base, Nedved and Laudrup ahead?  Then Totti closer to Van Basten.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

Sorry Viva, I struggle with Lineup Builder.  Maybe someone could make all of them uniform (either this11.com or lineup building.com)

Regardless of the visuals, you have compiled a helluva a team!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:42:30 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Mate, that's more than enough. Much appreciated.I like the way you've laid it out. That's a keeper.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:17:35 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here is where I am at --- ideas or comments invited

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=hy9t8

4-4-2 diamond and you are in serious business

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Looking for suggestions

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm thinking a magic square for both Trend and PIM's teams.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'm thinking a magic square for both Trend and PIM's teams.

Thanks mate, I like the look of it as well.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Pretty happy with that after missing quite a few picks. The player I was looking at to switch for Dunga is unreachable now (he was at Boca), so not fussed about any bonus rounds.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4-4-2 diamond and you are in serious business

Is this what you had in mind Viva?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So I think as there are 12 teams, we’ll have to do groups. Gives everyone at least two games then.

4 groups of 3. I’ll do the draw today.

The winners and runners up go through into the quarter finals with the winner of Group A playing the runner up of Group B and so on.

That’ll ensure anyone with a hard group can potentially prove that by overcoming other sides.

Everyone okay with that format?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yup. Guessing we won't be doing a sub round then?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Yup. Guessing we won't be doing a sub round then?

No don’t reckon so. We’ll just get going from Monday on the votes. Might do something after the groups of people wanted though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So I think as there are 12 teams, we’ll have to do groups. Gives everyone at least two games then.

4 groups of 3. I’ll do the draw today.

The winners and runners up go through into the quarter finals with the winner of Group A playing the runner up of Group B and so on.

That’ll ensure anyone with a hard group can potentially prove that by overcoming other sides.

Everyone okay with that format?

Sound!

Mikey, could you use my most recent post for my lineup two posts above? 

Viva advised for a diamond midfield 4-4-2 --- and I think it is golden advice.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 02:34:15 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No don’t reckon so. We’ll just get going from Monday on the votes. Might do something after the groups of people wanted though.
We can start speculating about the best unpicked players then, in that case.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Indeed. Sounds like a plan. Be good to see the speculation in here. I’ve got something slightly different in mind for after the groups too but will wait to announce until then.

Just drawing the groups now.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Group A
SheerMagnetism
VivaBobbyGraham
Lastador

Group B
Tubby
Blue Titi
Defacto

Group C
FlashGordon
PoetryInMotion
Trend

Group D
GerryAttrick
Mikey_lfc
JSteve

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Rigged :D

Of course I face Betty again haha

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this what you had in mind Viva?

pm'd you but swap Tevez with Rakitic and you're getting there. It's finding a system that has balance with the team you've chosen. For me, Tevez is better off the left

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
pm'd you but swap Tevez with Rakitic and you're getting there. It's finding a system that has balance with the team you've chosen. For me, Tevez is better off the left

Good point above.

Here is how I reconciled it.  Tevez left side or right side.

1.  Baresi's side needs less protection (allows Tevez a bit more freedom in space) - at times can attack with 3 up front (tactical fluidity)
2.  Tevez can score with both feet, and his right sidedness and pace brackets Batigol with other side Eto'o (pace on both sides)
3.  Argentinian connection on the same side - combination play (playing into pockets in the offensive third)
4.  Alberto Carlos advanced play out of the back fits Tevez playing in and out of tight spaces

Rakitic is so versatile - you do not lose too much playing him on the left as he is link (and he can link anywhere in the midfield)
Plus he can tuck in defensively at times next to Emerson when Tevez gets too high on the right (taking the burden off of Emerson to be the DM prototype).  Having Rakitic play within himself on the left makes Emerson better in his role (imo)

"Emerson was an experienced, quick, combative, hardworking and dynamic player, who was capable of being deployed in several midfield positions.[2] He played as a central midfielder, and as a box-to-box midfielder on occasion, although his main position was that of a defensive midfielder, who was renowned for breaking down the opposition's play through his efficient tackling, stamina, anticipation, and ability to read the game.[18] He was also capable of subsequently starting up attacking plays once he won back possession, due to his quick and effective passing style, as well as his technique.[2][19] These attributes led to his nickname Il Puma for his elegant, yet powerful, feline movements when chasing down opponents in midfield" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_(footballer,_born_1976)

Mostly, I like having Rakitic to be the final pass or link to Hagi.

When attacking on the right side and then quick of switch the point of attack - I see Tevez as more penetration through dribbling and quick interplay and Rakitic producing the final through ball on the runs of Eto'o and Batigol or finding Hagi for a long range bomb.

No right answer - and to be honest if it was not working, I would switch them in the middle of game to capture their best anyway.
But there is no way to capture that kind of management in a draft like this!!!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:27:29 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I've fixed Tubby's line up for him

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Haha.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
A bit of a tweak here. Switched Didi to the right as he had played before as the right inside forward before switching to midfield, while Coluna had a fantastic left foot. Midfield is flexible though as all three players were fantastic on the ball and battled off it, especially Ocwirk & Coluna.

Facchetti was one of the primary attacking full-backs who also was defensively strong while JL Andrade was a Right Half Back in classic formations, who could bomb up & down as needed. He was one of the best players when Uruguay won the World Cup as what I read, so that would place him among Uruguay's greatest players. These two would provide width & when they go high up, Coluna & Ocwirk drop deeper to cover. Didi stays high.

Di Stafano gets a free role here to pull the strings - he can combine with Bergkamp to supply Greaves (who was quick, good movement & was a goal scoring machine), while Di Stefano & Bergkamp could also get in the box & score.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Haha.

Joking aside you will need to make it clear.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I'll have my formation up in the next hour or two.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I do like this team. Aside from big nose up front, there's a nice balance going on overall, with players like Yaya Toure / Marcherano and Vierchowod and Vasovic complementing each other. Zico and Ronaldinho in the same team is just beautiful too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:25:46 pm by FlashGordon »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Just waiting on Gerry's team before we can start setting up the voting threads.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
If somebody could set up a 4-2-1-3 formation for me that’d be grand.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this what you were looking for Gerry?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Perfect. Thankyou, Sir.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Joking aside you will need to make it clear.

Whammo.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
The first matchday is up and running, with the games between the first and second teams drawn in each group.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342526.0

2nd matchday will be the 1st and 3rd teams drawn, with the final being the 2nd and 3rd.

Groups are listed further up this page.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2019, 01:38:34 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Groups will be decided on:

1. Points - 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss
2. Head to Head record
2. Votes Difference - Votes for you vs Votes for opponent
3. Votes For You

Shouldn’t come to those but it’s just a precaution.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Tables after Matchday 1:

Group A                     P       Pts     VD
SheerMagnetism         1        3        7
Lastador                     0        0        0
VivaBobbyGraham       1        0       -7

Group B                      P        Pts     VD
Tubby                         1         1        0
Blue Titi                      1         1        0
Defacto                       0         0        0

Group C                       P        Pts      VD               
PoetryInMotion             1         3        1
Trend                           0         0        0
FlashGordon                 1         0        -1

Group D                       P         Pts      VD
Mikey_lfc                      1          3        3
JSteve                          0          0        0
GerryAttrick                  1          0        -3

The second matchday is up and running, with the games between the third and first teams drawn in each group.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342533.new#new
« Last Edit: April 2, 2019, 10:05:46 am by mikey_LFC »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Next draft should have a stipulation that 5 of your players must have been managers at some point for more than one year. :D

• Legacy Fan
Great job Mikey

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Group B is tight as a rope.

Thanks Mikey for that writeup!