Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1737193 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2014, 09:05:52 pm »
It's not worth talking about, because there is no solution that the Police would allow!

Yes, there is. We just haven't implemented it yet.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:56 pm »
The best way would be to turn the KOP into a safe standing stand with tickets for sale on the turnstiles on the day. That will get the die hards queuing from 12pm again for 3pm KO's and get groups of mates stood together to create the atmosphere.

Unfortunately the club wont do that as they like to have the money in the bank months in advance. It would be difficult to police and they would have to employ more people to sit on the turnstiles.

The majority is down to mentality though. Just watch the contrast in the game on Saturday against Villa and the game on Tuesday. We all know it'll be shit on Saturday and absolutely bouncing on Tuesday against a team that 2 weeks ago, 90% of RAWK had never heard of, yet I would predict that the majority of the people on the KOP will be at both games! Go figure  :-\
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:22 pm »
Unfortunately the club wont do that as they like to have the money in the bank months in advance. It would be difficult to police..

This is the thing, the second more than the first. "Back in the day" we were anonymous members of a crowd. The Police had about as much chance of identifying one of us as they would a bee in hive. Now, with a little effort, they can find out the name and address of almost every person in the stadium, even if half of us are in there using someone else's ticket. They are NEVER going to give that up because, ever since Thatcher, they believe that their right to know who we are always trumps our right of privacy.
This means that "safe standing" would only ever be implemented on an allocated place basis, just like seats are now. You'd still be surrounded by strangers nowhere your mates and there would still be no reason to get in early, because whether you got in at 12pm or 3pm you'd still be in the same crappy corner of 208, not stood twenty feet behind the Kop goal!

Offline Dean7

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2014, 01:59:39 am »
Well I'm not from England,so I'm sorry for my english, but in every other country the die hard fans (The Ultras)
are sitting in the bottom of the stand' very close to the pitch.
That makes the whole area to stand and get in the mood of singing.
I'm sure in the Main stand there are people who want to sing but just can't
because they're sing alone, so I thought about an idea that people from the kop
that don't want to sing will make contact with the club for switching tickets
with people from the main stand that want to sing.
It's a win-win situation for both sides.
When I was at the Kop against city last season I made people sing  :D
I think that's the role of the die hard fans.
I also thought about some new songs that may success but I don't know where to post them...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2014, 09:41:34 am »
This is the thing, the second more than the first. "Back in the day" we were anonymous members of a crowd. The Police had about as much chance of identifying one of us as they would a bee in hive. Now, with a little effort, they can find out the name and address of almost every person in the stadium, even if half of us are in there using someone else's ticket. They are NEVER going to give that up because, ever since Thatcher, they believe that their right to know who we are always trumps our right of privacy.
This means that "safe standing" would only ever be implemented on an allocated place basis, just like seats are now. You'd still be surrounded by strangers nowhere your mates and there would still be no reason to get in early, because whether you got in at 12pm or 3pm you'd still be in the same crappy corner of 208, not stood twenty feet behind the Kop goal!

You could still have sections of 'pay on the day' sections where you turn up with your mates, all with a fan card, and buy a standing spot all next to each other as you enter the stadium. Would be the best of both worlds as allows the police the ability to identify trouble makers, and allows fans to get in as a group with their mates.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:26 am »
And how could we have pay on the gate nowadays even for  limited sections?  can you imagine rediculous  amount of fans turning up  for these specs?  what happens when most of them are turned away, our support now is so big even compared to  the 80s its just not doable. 
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2014, 09:47:43 am »
And how could we have pay on the gate nowadays even for  limited sections?  can you imagine rediculous  amount of fans turning up  for these specs?  what happens when most of them are turned away, our support now is so big even compared to  the 80s its just not doable.

That's the risk people take, plenty turn up now without tickets and plenty didn't get them in the past, they'd just go to one of the pubs around the ground or back to the centre. It's one of the things that encourages people in earlier.

Is pretty easy to allocate a space as you get to the gate given the computer system and fan cards involved these days. There was an American on here describing how the stadium he goes to over there does this every match (American football) for a 20,000+ section (of a 100k stadium).

Offline Dean7

• Boys Pen
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2014, 07:06:43 pm »
Some more things that I thought about:
Every game is important. It means every day should be a flag day.
It can start from tomorrow. Scarves, flags, shirts, everything.
Drums.
I see drums in every game in europe, Is it not allowed in the UK?
Mainly sing catchy and short songs that all the crowd knows,
(like And it's Liverpool,Liverpool *claps*,Poetry in motion,Ohwhen the Reds, We love you Liverpool,L-I-V).
Also the Hendo&Balo songs I think they're catchy too.
It may be harder than the previous 3, but I think sitting in the 100's is much much
better than in the 300's. It sounds much better when sitting closer to the field.
Look at Crystal Palace.
Thoughts?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2014, 10:37:49 pm »
Some more things that I thought about:
Every game is important. It means every day should be a flag day.
It can start from tomorrow. Scarves, flags, shirts, everything.

Mainly sing catchy and short songs that all the crowd knows,
(like And it's Liverpool,Liverpool *claps*,Poetry in motion,Ohwhen the Reds, We love you Liverpool,L-I-V).
Also the Hendo&Balo songs I think they're catchy too.
It may be harder than the previous 3, but I think sitting in the 100's is much much
better than in the 300's. It sounds much better when sitting closer to the field.
Look at Crystal Palace.
Thoughts?

So you're going to start this off by doing these things from your 100's seat tomorrow night?

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
If say for example a group of 50 of you approached the club, why couldn''t they allocate you seats together? I often see comments about day trippers in the kop, so presumably the kop is not entirely STed.  Can't they shift day trippers to the seats you have vacated to let those wanting to sing sit together?

Are Liverpool completely unwilling to do that? 
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2014, 11:41:04 pm »
So you're going to start this off by doing these things from your 100's seat tomorrow night?

He gives opinions and asks for thoughts and gets replied to with a snarky comment. No wonder it's shit when we're like that to each other.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46:12 pm »
The majority is down to mentality though. Just watch the contrast in the game on Saturday against Villa and the game on Tuesday. We all know it'll be shit on Saturday and absolutely bouncing on Tuesday against a team that 2 weeks ago, 90% of RAWK had never heard of, yet I would predict that the majority of the people on the KOP will be at both games! Go figure  :-\

The mentality thing is spot on. Just being up for it would solve so many problems, including the standing issue or being with your mates. If the whole stand stands, there is nothing the stewards can do about it. If everyone stands, it's a lot easier to be with your mates, because you can just shift a bit. All of that wouldn't even be difficult, apart from that you need the majority on the Kop to just do it . There is very little the authorities can do, faced with 12k that don't do much wrong really. It's way more likely that other fans would follow suit and more grounds would develop standing areas.

The reality is, if you stand up now in the 100's, your 'fellow reds' next to you will call the stewards over, point the finger at you and clap when they turf you out.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »
He gives opinions and asks for thoughts and gets replied to with a snarky comment. No wonder it's shit when we're like that to each other.

These threads have been done to death.

And it wasn't so much a sarcastic response, but more a question of is he going to walk the walk, after talking the talk? It's the age-old problem of too many people with great ideas, not enough of those who are actually in a position to do anything. A classic example is the Kings Men group which was formed on here and went some way to getting things off the ground by arranging meetings in the Sandon. Except those organising weren't actually regular attendees at Anfield, so it never really went any further.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:41 pm »
Here's an idea hard to inplement now but a thought for future seasons, would be interesting to choose a spec on the kop ideally less season ticket holders say 108/208 and for cup games on the auto cup get fans to buy in that section who normally wanna stand and sing, club do the season ticket relocation so season ticket holders can change seats for these games, trial it for the cup see how it goes then maybe from there see what the club can do and allocate a section for prem games. Other clubs have done this then gone to the club and the club have set aside seats for only section of fans to buy think leicester did it this season.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2014, 11:57:56 pm »
If say for example a group of 50 of you approached the club, why couldn''t they allocate you seats together? I often see comments about day trippers in the kop, so presumably the kop is not entirely STed.  Can't they shift day trippers to the seats you have vacated to let those wanting to sing sit together?

Are Liverpool completely unwilling to do that?

Here's an idea hard to inplement now but a thought for future seasons, would be interesting to choose a spec on the kop ideally less season ticket holders say 108/208 and for cup games on the auto cup get fans to buy in that section who normally wanna stand and sing, club do the season ticket relocation so season ticket holders can change seats for these games, trial it for the cup see how it goes then maybe from there see what the club can do and allocate a section for prem games. Other clubs have done this then gone to the club and the club have set aside seats for only section of fans to buy think leicester did it this season.

The club have done it, how do you think RTK and the 300's came about?

Offline Dean7

• Boys Pen
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2014, 10:21:18 am »

Well, believe me that I want to.
But I do not live in England and have no money to fly to every game.
This is why I offer ideas here. Many of you living in England
and 'actually in a position to do'.
So I think all I can do from here is offer ideas and hope you'll like them
and  make it happen.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2014, 10:42:04 am »
Independent research shows over the past 2 games that Liverpool fans are the 2nd quietest fans in the league. I know its only 2 games but considering one was a massive home game against Chelsea, its a sorry state of affairs.

Loudest fans (combined scores from both games tested)
Manchester United - 167 decibels
Stoke - 161
Tottenham - 161
West Brom - 161
Chelsea - 160
Crystal Palace - 160
Arsenal - 159
Newcastle - 158
Burnley - 157
Hull - 157
Manchester City - 157
Swansea - 157
Everton - 156
Leicester - 156
QPR - 156
Sunderland - 156
Liverpool - 153
West Ham - 152

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/539403/Manchester-United-fans-supporters-Chelsea-Liverpool-West-Ham
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »
I don't think there's much in that to be honest.

If you take the individual readings from both rounds of games then 3 of the 5 'quietest' out of all 19 (Villa/So'ton yet to play) were Swansea vs Arsenal, QPR vs Man City and Palace vs Us, which all had really good atmospheres, but being small stadiums were unlikely to match Old Trafford or the Emirates.

It seems it was only individual journalists using smart phone apps recording the single loudest sound rather than taking the average over 90 mins or accounting for the size of the crowd, and presumably sitting in the media sections of the various main stands away from the loudest parts of the stadiums.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-named-premier-leagues-loudest-fans-despite-late-push-by-chelsea-according-to-smart-meter-app-9878952.html

In saying that, I'm surprised Can's goal (assuming it was the loudest moment during the game) didn't put us higher:

84 - Old Trafford, Man Utd vs Palace

83 - Emirates, Arsenal vs Man Utd
83 - Stamford Bridge, Chelsea vs West Brom
83 - KC Stadium, Hull vs Spurs
83 - Britannia, Stoke vs Bunley

81 - Etihad, Man City vs Swansea

80 - St James', Newcastle vs QPR

78 - Goodison, Everton vs West Ham
78 - King Power, Leicester vs Sunderland
78 - White Hart Lane, Spurs vs Stoke
78 - Hawthorns, West Brom vs Newcastle
78 - Stadium of Light, Sunderland vs Everton
78 - St Marys, Southamption vs Leicester

77 - Anfield, Liverpool vs Chelsea

76 - Loftus Road, QPR vs Man City
76 - Liberty, Swansea vs Arsenal
76 - Selhurst Park, Palace vs Liverpool

74 - Upton Park, West Ham vs Villa

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »
Liverpool fans in "not singing" shocker.

Sad state of affairs.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:55 am »
everyone gets in early...sits in seats together (a few hundred plus),,,not their own ....and if theres enough...they cant move everyone can they?make it a regular thing so those non singers get the gyst....problem solved?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline hijackie4

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »
everyone should bring a scarf and hold it proudly aloft during YNlWA with that very special word LIVERPOOL should be held the right way up, no away tops should be worn at Anfield, we are the reds and if you can aford an away top you can afford a red shirt. A Working knowledge of our songs should be expected basic ones like Scouser Tommy and The Fields Of Anfield road and of course The Balad OF kenny Dalglish [ I only put that in because I wrote it ] The people of Glasgow are proud to hold their scarves high and we I hope are not up ourselves so much as we are too high and mighty to wear the common scarf to the match, what a sight 40,000  scarves would be with the word liverpool puting the wind up the opposition and making our boys feel ten feet tall

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »
I personally think replica shirts look ridiculous when worn by adults. Just my opinion here but I know it's shared by many. Same with scarves. I haven't worn colours for over thirty years but it doesn't make me any less passionate, loyal and vocal.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2014, 02:21:45 pm »
The Kop is not what it was nor are the people in it, best thing to do? knock it down
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2014, 02:26:15 pm »
everyone should bring a scarf and hold it proudly aloft during YNlWA with that very special word LIVERPOOL should be held the right way up, no away tops should be worn at Anfield, we are the reds and if you can aford an away top you can afford a red shirt. A Working knowledge of our songs should be expected basic ones like Scouser Tommy and The Fields Of Anfield road and of course The Balad OF kenny Dalglish [ I only put that in because I wrote it ] The people of Glasgow are proud to hold their scarves high and we I hope are not up ourselves so much as we are too high and mighty to wear the common scarf to the match, what a sight 40,000  scarves would be with the word liverpool putting the wind up the opposition and making our boys feel ten feet tall

This has been done twice before the first one will take some beating, I am not trying to put your effort down anything that lets the team know we are there and fully behind them is ok by me, lots of noise seems to be thing
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2014, 11:48:12 am »
I'm at the front of the kop.

Must say I'm really disillusioned with it all lately. Chelsea and Everton matches especially. For me the only way the atmosphere is really going to be improved is by restricting the number of tourists that get in.

It's been beyond a joke this season. I had lads in the row in front at the Chelsea game turn 180o on You'll Never Walk Alone' and stand there and film me singing for 30 seconds or so before I told them to F.Off. At that game there were half and half scarf clad tourists EITHER side of me and my mate. Not singing, not shouting. Just taking photos. I turned around for a glance during You'll Never Walk Alone and seen a sea of Chelsea badges being held aloft on tourist's half and half scarves.

I find it downright disrespectful. I'm a football person - I would never dream of going to a match abroad and sitting with one set of supporters  with the badge of the opposing team wrapped around my neck. Only someone who knew nothing about football would. And this is the kind of person which is becoming more and more the norm at Anfield.

Until the balance is restored between them and young, don't give a shit, energetic supporters, the atmosphere will continue to be abject.

I'm not saying this is the only problem - but certainly the biggest.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2014, 11:50:16 am »

Must say I'm really disillusioned with it all lately. Chelsea and Everton matches especially. For me the only way the atmosphere is really going to be improved is by restricting the number of tourists that get in.

It's been beyond a joke this season. I had lads in the row in front at the Chelsea game turn 180o on You'll Never Walk Alone' and stand there and film me singing for 30 seconds or so before I told them to F.Off. At that game there were half and half scarf clad tourists EITHER side of me and my mate. Not singing, not shouting. Just taking photos. I turned around for a glance during You'll Never Walk Alone and seen a sea of Chelsea badges being held aloft on tourist's half and half scarves.

I find it downright disrespectful. I'm a football person - I would never dream of going to a match abroad and sitting with one set of supporters  with the badge of the opposing team wrapped around my neck. Only someone who knew nothing about football would. And this is the kind of person which is becoming more and more the norm at Anfield.

Until the balance is restored between them and young, don't give a shit, energetic supporters, the atmosphere will continue to be abject.

I suppose when you looked round all the locals were signing their hearts out and holding Liverpool scarfs above their heads?

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:15 am »
There were no locals.

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2014, 11:54:13 am »
I suppose when you looked round all the locals were signing their hearts out and holding Liverpool scarfs above their heads?

PS: This isn't a local v OOT thing. It's a Liverpool supporter v tourist thing.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:13 pm »
why are you saying people who arent from liverpool cant be proper supporters? They are all tourists? pretty nobed thing of you to insinuate really.

Ive met loads of OOT fans at anfield who have made banners and fought for the club through its darkest hour.

El_nariz hadnt mentioned anything about OOT just tourists. big difference

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:47 pm »

Just think if we won the league last season it would've been even worse.

What was the post-2005 boom really like? I used to go the match occasionally then with me Dad, and was too young to notice the people round me. Was there really a dramatic change in those that went the match?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:04:36 pm by AnfieldIron »

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2014, 12:04:11 pm »

Of course not, but that's not the point. When did everyone on the Kop join in? Even in my era (70s) it was a hardcore in the middle of the Kop. I can tell you there were no tourists in those days but there were a few people like me from well out of town who loved the thrill of it all, but fuck me, half and half scarves against Chelsea? The game is fucked.

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2014, 12:04:28 pm »
El_nariz hadnt mentioned anything about OOT just tourists. big difference

I'm glad someone read it without jumping to conclusions.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »
why are you saying people who arent from liverpool cant be proper supporters? They are all tourists? pretty nobed thing of you to insinuate really.

Erm, where did I say any of this?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »
And for the record, I never said he did say anything about OOTers.

His point is that tourists weren't adding to the atmosphere and this is his big issue, so I was asking if the locals (who it's safe to assume are not tourists to the game and are no doubt, at least semi regulars) were all adding to the atmosphere.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2014, 12:15:13 pm »
The argument can go around in circles all day, but the bottom line is IMO until there's a shift in culture, which has to come from above our club, towards safe standing, drinking alcohol at the game and ticket prices then I can't see there ever being a significant difference.

A redeveloped Anfield with a safe standing kop that's sold nearly entirely on loyalty, with mates stood together with a few reasonably priced bevvys, would have the atmosphere twice as good overnight. Not only that, some of the older regulars who can't be arsed anymore would naturally move to the centenary/main stand. There's a long way to go until we reach that point, if we ever do.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:17:41 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »
And for the record, I never said he did say anything about OOTers.

His point is that tourists weren't adding to the atmosphere and this is his big issue, so I was asking if the locals (who it's safe to assume are not tourists to the game and are no doubt, at least semi regulars) were all adding to the atmosphere.

In answer to your question - yes they are all adding something more than tourists. Even if it's just a bit of passion. Realistically all of them might not join in all the songs, but even if 7/10 LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS join in one or two songs, that is hugely better than 10/10 tourists sitting in silence.

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2014, 12:20:50 pm »
The argument can go around in circles all day, but the bottom line is IMO until there's a shift in culture, which has to come from above our club, towards safe standing, drinking alcohol at the game and ticket prices then I can't see there ever being a significant difference.

A redeveloped Anfield with a safe standing kop that's sold nearly entirely on loyalty, with mates stood together with a few reasonably priced bevvys, would have the atmosphere twice as good overnight. Not only that, some of the older regulars who can't be arsed anymore would naturally move to the centenary/main stand. There's a long way to go until we reach that point, if we ever do.

Agreed. Sorry if my point has been repeated over and over again. I'm sure it has, just seems to get worse and worse and the lads filming me for You'll Never Walk Alone really wound me up.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »
Well I have to say that watching the match on the telly I was impressed with the support, especially in the second half (and with the opponents being Stoke).

Whereas in the past few seasons the crowd has groaned the odd misplaced pass with greater volume and bile as the match has worn on, there seemed to be increasingly loud cheers of confidence from the supporters second half. So well in all who made your voices heard. Sounded great.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

That last line. Very true.

It is beyond a joke now. Some people undoubtedly could look at us and call us shit for singling out the Day-Trippers and OOT's but I'm sorry to say they're the big problem.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2014, 12:35:05 pm »
Erm, where did I say any of this?
you didnt, I was being sarcastic. El nariz pointed out issues he has with tourists, not OOT or Locals. Your comment made it look like it was a OOT v Local comment.

yesterdays message was poignant really, keep charging more and more and the lads who do the banners probably wont be able to afford it much longer, then who will do the banners?

The fans (Minority) saying we should be supporting the team right now as were a bit shit, where were your banners to support the team yesterday?