Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1387144 times)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3680 on: May 12, 2019, 11:13:09 pm »
He’s not wasted at “Right Back”, he’s redefining the position, along with Robertson on the other side.

I say “Right Back” because they’re not really - they’re already midfielders. Part of Klopp’s genius this season, in fact a massive part of it in my opinion, has been how he’s pushed Robertson and Trent further forward on average, and set the team up to make sure they constantly exploit those wings.

He’s done that by making sure there’s adequate cover for counter attacks - Gini, Milner, Fabinho’s jobs, but the press is higher too; it’s meant the opponent has less time to hit those spaces in behind on their counters and they’re constantly worrying about the threat down their own sides.

The Barcelona game on Tuesday was the best example of it, but there have been numerous throughout the season. The one game I do remember where the opponent really exploited us was against City, but they had to be at their absolute technical best to do it - it requires quick accurate long passes to their attackers. Most teams can’t handle it.

More teams next season will try to exploit that, so we’ll have to contend with that, but it’ll probably mean more space somewhere else on the field, and we have the likes of Ox, Keita, Salah, Mane and Firmino who’ll probably get more space as a result. We also have the options for when we want to be more defensive in those positions - Gomez, Milner (and probably need another LB to come in) but want the attacking responsibilities to come from midfield - Ox, Keita, Shaqiri, and perhaps another number 10 like player for midfield. Firmino dropping deep can also help channel play through the middle of midfield if opponents start defending their flanks more.

World class attacking football this season from him and Robertson. One more big push in a few weeks time and they’ll be able to celebrate that with silverware.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3681 on: May 12, 2019, 11:20:04 pm »
Only if he loses his pace should he be considered for midfield. As others have said, he is a weapon right where he is. You can find many midfielders that could offer what he would potentially in that position. How many right backs out there have 16 assists in a top league. Dude is a beast

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: May 12, 2019, 11:24:07 pm »
He's our Dani Alves, I said it months ago and I'll say it again, this is the position for him and he needs to play there for years to come. He can improve defensively but he has the potential to be a world class player

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3683 on: May 12, 2019, 11:28:10 pm »
He's our Dani Alves, I said it months ago and I'll say it again, this is the position for him and he needs to play there for years to come. He can improve defensively but he has the potential to be a world class player

13 of his assists were this year since Jan. He's improved a lot over the season.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3684 on: May 13, 2019, 12:07:35 am »

he already is world class now.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: May 13, 2019, 12:43:43 am »
he already is world class now.

At one end of the pitch he is, at the other he's got room to improve.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3686 on: May 13, 2019, 05:23:17 am »
Amazing number of assists for a fullback. The best attacking fullback in the world today. We seem overdependent on our fullbacks for assists - the midfield has to be improved to also pull their share as well,

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: May 13, 2019, 07:51:24 am »
At one end of the pitch he is, at the other he's got room to improve.
He can always improve further at his age, but honestly think he’s been at least as good as Robertson defensively lately. He’s targeted more because we leave the right side more open (Salah doesn’t track back as much a Mane), and teams probably attack more down his side, but the actual defending he does one-on-one is already very, very good. Can’t remember the last player who really troubled him throughout a game.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3688 on: May 13, 2019, 01:08:27 pm »
Ridiculous cross in him and he makes it look effortless.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3689 on: May 13, 2019, 01:49:34 pm »
He can always improve further at his age, but honestly think he’s been at least as good as Robertson defensively lately. He’s targeted more because we leave the right side more open (Salah doesn’t track back as much a Mane), and teams probably attack more down his side, but the actual defending he does one-on-one is already very, very good. Can’t remember the last player who really troubled him throughout a game.
I think McNeil from Burnley surprisingly.

Trent's output has exploded this year not sure how much better it can get those number of assists are insane!

Offline OldPoem

• Anny Roader
  • This space is for sale.
« Reply #3690 on: May 13, 2019, 07:01:54 pm »

Recently he unexpectedly struggled against Cardiff’s Mendez-Laing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #3691 on: May 13, 2019, 07:07:11 pm »
Was Trent only credited with one assist yesterday because the first goal was deflected? I know they said that in the commentary I was listening to and it appears on the Premier league site as only one more than before. Did he not assist a goal?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3692 on: May 13, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »
Was Trent only credited with one assist yesterday because the first goal was deflected? I know they said that in the commentary I was listening to and it appears on the Premier league site as only one more than before. Did he not assist a goal?

They didn't give it to him.

UEFA did for his Gini's first goal,[which was an identical situation, ball deflected,etc...]

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3694 on: May 14, 2019, 10:27:56 pm »

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3695 on: May 15, 2019, 05:27:35 am »
He's great at playing footy
A beast when he's defending
Supreme when he's assisting
His name is Trent AA
Derderderduh CLAP CLAP Derderderduh CLAP CLAP
Derderderduh Derderderduh Derderderduh CLAP CLAP

He plays his game at Anfield
Where people come to see him
We watch him he's outstanding
His name is Trent AA
Derderderduh CLAP CLAP Derderderduh CLAP CLAP
Derderderduh Derderderduh Derderderduh CLAP CLAP

To The Adams Family theme
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:29:14 am by BOBSCOUSE »
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3696 on: May 25, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »
Great to see that a sustained period of shouting at him has sparked that next level and is a great fillip for us.

When in doubt, shout!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: May 26, 2019, 01:22:16 pm »
13 of his assists were this year since Jan. He's improved a lot over the season.

Wow. That is amazing. Definitely seems to get better and better every season. Miles of the age you would expect him to peak as well.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #3698 on: May 29, 2019, 12:41:04 pm »
https://twitter.com/aifiejt/status/1128383014701019136

For some reason whenever i watch him play i get stuck in my head to the tune of 'lets go fucking mental' just singing his name 'Alexander Arnold'.

Simple yet effective.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3699 on: May 29, 2019, 01:12:35 pm »
Give him the number 2 shirt for next season.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3700 on: May 30, 2019, 04:53:12 pm »
Haven't read it all yet but looks a good read this..

Trent's inside story on every member of the Liverpool squad

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-squad-champions-league-final-16352723#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3701 on: May 30, 2019, 05:47:23 pm »
Give him the number 2 shirt for next season.

I’d stay 66 if I was him

Make it iconic

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #3702 on: May 31, 2019, 09:15:40 am »
Just woke from a great dream about Trent opening the scoring with a worldie free kick . I would love him to have as massive an impact on this game as he did v Barca, every time I even think about his corner it brings a huge grin to my grid. Yes he is on my mind !!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3703 on: May 31, 2019, 09:44:32 am »
Just woke from a great dream about Trent opening the scoring with a worldie free kick . I would love him to have as massive an impact on this game as he did v Barca, every time I even think about his corner it brings a huge grin to my grid. Yes he is on my mind !!

It would be even better if he scored the winner (or maybe opener and winner would be the same goal who knows)

Would love it. He's a bloody gem he is.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #3704 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:46 am »
16/1 for a MOTM performance tomorrow

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3705 on: May 31, 2019, 12:00:45 pm »
WHY TRENT ALEXANDER-ARNOLD WON’T STOP
He lived two minutes from Liverpool's training ground as a kid. Now, at 20, Alexander-Arnold is primed for Champions League glory with his boyhood club but that's just the beginning.
BY MELISSA REDDY

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26851223/why-trent-alexander-arnold-wont-stop
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3706 on: May 31, 2019, 12:54:09 pm »
Wow. That is amazing. Definitely seems to get better and better every season. Miles of the age you would expect him to peak as well.
He's become stronger in defence, more aware of where to be, has gained a lot of confidence and, over the last year or so, has increased his physical strength and pace, too. He used to look a wee bit scrawny. Now he looks like a man - and he will develop even more in that respect in the next couple of years, he may yet add a tiny bit of height - though he's already a decent height for an attack-minded full-back. Tall enough that he won't be at a major disadvantage against most of his direct opponents, small enough to deal with the agility that most of those players will have.

That means he is more able to get into good positions more often to make better use of his prodigious talent - and that's where he really stands out as a rare and precious player. Sure, his crossing is phenomenal both from deep and from the byline. That's true of Robertson also. But where Robertson is only really dangerous when he's got space and width, Trent is happy to cut back in and use his left, happy to bring the ball inside and act as an extra midfielder who can thread a pass through, happy to play one-twos, happy to take a shot if presented with one. It's this completeness that makes Alexender-Arnold a very unusual and difficult prospect for the opposition to deal with, because by showing him inside they are only defending against one weapon in his armory, and necessarily offering space that someone like Salah is only too happy to occupy.

Maybe one question mark over him was his ability to use the ball effectively under pressure - his relatively poor pass completion rate maybe indicates that - but it's, to my distinctly amateur eye, been less noticeable towards the end of the season.He's certainly got the technical ability to deal with opponents who aggressively press him and let's hope he shows it, because that's one challenge he is absolutely sure to face against Spurs. They certainly won't allow him the kind of time and space on the ball he enjoyed against Barcelona.

But one thing's for sure - he won't be phased by that challenge. Not a chance.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3707 on: May 31, 2019, 05:24:56 pm »
He’s only 20.

He’s not 21 for 6 months.

That's scary. Could still play for a strong U21 legit to make the English squad sure favourites.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3708 on: June 1, 2019, 10:06:47 pm »
“I’m just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true”.

Love that.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3709 on: June 1, 2019, 10:39:04 pm »
Stevie.
Jamie.
Trent.

Legends. He's already there at this age. To win the Champions League as a homegrown player is something else. The corner three weeks ago will be talked about even in 50 years time.
Linudden.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3710 on: June 1, 2019, 10:40:46 pm »
Targeted once again today and came out flying...when will managers realize it's a wasted tactic

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3711 on: June 1, 2019, 10:42:05 pm »
Thought he did some amazing defensive stuff today, naturally as soon as there was one little mistake the dickheads on commentary jumped on him. Bellends. Best right back in the world, can be no doubt about that now.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3712 on: June 1, 2019, 10:44:11 pm »
he no doubt will be among the best if he continues this rate... i would not fear to say he can be very very close to both Stevie and Carra in terms of status...

this kid is the best young player in world now and he is ours + homegrown...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3713 on: June 1, 2019, 10:44:41 pm »
His last few years have been amazing, from getting into the team and the national side through to this. What a player this kid is

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3714 on: June 2, 2019, 12:02:33 am »
How many of us as kids have dreamed about lifting big ears in a red jersey?

This guy has just done it. The scouser in our team. Aged 20. What a player.

I'm very, very jealous.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3715 on: June 2, 2019, 02:09:17 am »
He's 20.

Simply incredible

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3716 on: June 2, 2019, 02:13:55 am »
Imagine being this fella?

My daughter is 10 days older than him, makes me feel fuckin old thinking about it but feel like a kid over what he's achieved already, he's a boss kid and one of us so will no doubt captain the club at some point

I grew up wanting to be Kenny or Ray Kennedy, right now I'd love to be Trent

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3717 on: June 2, 2019, 02:19:07 am »
Absolutely brilliant tonight, as we're all the back 5.
I'm glad no one wants to shoe horn him into midfield any more, let's just let him settle for being the best right back in the world instead
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: June 2, 2019, 02:21:07 am »
When I was 20 I was doing door-to-door sales for a dodgy marketing company, while this guy is lifting a European Cup. Amazing achievement at such a young age, future is bright and I hope it's always red

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3719 on: June 2, 2019, 02:27:20 am »
Not even 21. Fucking hell.

Brilliant tonight. Genuinely world class in his position; what a talent. Enjoy it, Trent.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."