Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25743 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Picking Burnley's 3rd best 'keeper is definitely the smart move to make ;D

Cheers, mate, I thought so too  :thumbup. Let's keep it to ourselves though
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Cheers, mate, I thought so too  :thumbup. Let's keep it to ourselves though

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
You mad bastards! I told you I was picking Alisson.

Anyway I'll be picking Rui Ratricio now instead so hands off unless you want the premier league scraps.

And another reminder I'll be picking Trent for my right back, let's try and prevent any more kamikaze action!

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Anyway I'll be picking Rui Ratricio now instead so hands off unless you want the premier league scraps.

And another reminder I'll be picking Trent for my right back, let's try and prevent any more kamikaze action!

I’m going full kamikaze on right back
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6

You’ll be pleased to hear I won’t be picking Rui, but do you want this when I’ve finished with it?

I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m going full kamikaze on right back

Please don't Eel. Please don't.  I am not sure we could bare another one?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lol...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting, I thought more would have picked Alisson...

He was the only pick for me in the top 6, but Trend/Chakan have managed to pick up the only other decent option imo, so fair play!

Who’s going to tell Claus he’s picked De Gea based on last season ;D

De Gea 18/19 played so well that legendary football mind Edwood Woodwood is about to make him the highest paid goalkeeper ever.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
De Gea 18/19 played so well that legendary football mind Edwood Woodwood is about to make him the highest paid goalkeeper ever.

Damn you, sir, that's compelling evidence!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lol...?

More free association than anything related to meaning.  I'll stop for a while.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Damn you, sir, that's compelling evidence!

Exactly. All I'll say on the matter is that you either agree that Ed Woodwood is right to give De Gea 385k a week

OR

You'd rather he didn't.

The Equalizer wins again.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
So I've made my pick.. Anyone still needing to select a GK should PM me first to make sure I haven't already chosen them ;)
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Nobody cares about keepers in drafts anyway :D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Lol...?

Trend has a cracking sense of humour, that image had me in splits  :)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
More free association than anything related to meaning.  I'll stop for a while.

Your posts are fun, mate. I dig them  ;)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Some wonderful PMs. This draft is joyful.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So I've made my pick.. Anyone still needing to select a GK should PM me first to make sure I haven't already chosen them ;)

Everyone knows my pick....

I dare you...go on, choose him
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:55:22 pm by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Everyone knows my pick....

I dare you...go on, choose him

I wouldn't want to be the fifth person to pick him..
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its ghostly in here: Friendly, but Ghostly

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:12:19 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Pick Pickford
:D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
The mentality of this draft is intriguing.

Do you double down on your RB after the multiple Alissons?
Do you go conservative?
Do you go unorthodox or ringer?

• Legacy Fan
too early for a ringer, especially at such a position

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The mentality of this draft is intriguing.

Do you double down on your RB after the multiple Alissons?
Do you go conservative?
Do you go unorthodox or ringer?

Or do you block those who might want to pick up a free gem, casting the masses into the morass of midling and lower level muck?
Or do you just pony up your nutsack and say "I'll have Trent AA, you killed Barcelona with one pass; I must have you my precious?
Or do you take trip down average lane only to see at the end, you are floating on the Saltoned sea?

Questions, questions.   Jerseo Jerseo how I luv thee, let me count the ways!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I wonder if anyone’s going to end the round with the Scouse Cafu? Worth a ringer surely
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
I wonder if anyone’s going to end the round with the Scouse Cafu? Worth a ringer surely

Flanno doesn't count does he?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Could have him as your ringer

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
9 down, 1 to go.

Happy to close the draft window earlier, ie when everyone has picked, if everyone is in agreement with this.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
9 down, 1 to go.

Happy to close the draft window earlier, ie when everyone has picked, if everyone is in agreement with this.

Probably a good idea!

• Legacy Fan
9 down, 1 to go.

I think that works  8)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
9 down, 1 to go.

Yup no need to wait until the deadline if you have everyones pick

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
9 down, 1 to go.

:thumbup

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

If you want him he can be your ringer (player from any other year).

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
If you want him he can be your ringer (player from any other year).

The idea of having literally every Premier League player in history available and choosing John Flanagan is so wild I didn't even consider it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
The idea of having literally every Premier League player in history available and choosing John Flanagan is so wild I didn't even consider it.

What would Cafu do!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never give encouragement to Trend to post more gifs!".
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
What would Cafu do!

Haha remember when he came to see him play? Never doubt the power of social media.

Where's this last pick, I want to see carnage

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never give encouragement to Trend to post more gifs!".

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
THE PICKS...  ARE ...IN.