Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25747 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I’m going to give him til midnight UK time. And I will offer similar extensions to other drafters. It’s more fun to get 10 picks after all.

After midnight I’ll post the picks, and the next round will start at 9am tomorrow.

You know JK, delaying gratification is a major indicator of maturity.  Your patience and maturity are duly noted :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
You sounded all strict earlier and look at you now backtracking tskkk.... :D

Would never had happened on your watch, De....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Would never had happened on your watch, De....

Samie is still mad about gundogan as we speak  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think we have reached the time. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
COME ON
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Seriously if you can’t pick in a day then there’s something wrong

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Did JK fall asleep eating his tea? :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Methinks we all selected L Koscielny and the joke is really on us!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Did JK fall asleep eating his tea? :D

No but I fell asleep before I posted :lmao

Still no PM from Vishwa though so will put the picks up momentarily.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Round 4 picks:

MikeyLFC - Davison Sanchez (Tier 1 CB), Ben Chilwell (Tier 2 LB), Martin Montoya (Tier 3 RB)
Fucking appalled - Joe Gomez (Tier 1 CB), Aaron Cresswell (Tier 2 LB)
Lovelycushionesheader - Rudiger (Tier 1 CB), Soares (Tier 3 RB)
Vivabobby - Joe Gomez (Tier 1 CB), Van Aanholt (Tier 2 LB), Butland (Tier 5 GK*)
Claus - Joe Gomez (Tier 1 CB)
DeFacto - Kompany (Tier 1 CB), Digne (Tier  2 LB)
Maxpowers - Kompany (Tier 1 CB), Otto (Tier 2 LB)
TrendisnotChakan - Joe Gomez (Tier 1 CB)
AdzLFC - Joe Gomez (Tier 1 CB)
Vishwa - No pick.

SO...

We'll start with goalkeepers. I've been put in a prickly position, because Jack Butland is technically in the bottom half of the Championship and so is not actually a Tier 4 pick. In fact he is a Tier 5 pick. HOWEVER, I shouldn't have actually asked Viva to pick his keeper this time round. As Hennessy counted as "no pick" (being a Tier 2 choice in a Tier 3 round), Viva should actually have skipped Tier 4 and moved straight to Tier 5 anyway. Where he could have picked Butland.

So I'm going to let him keep Butland, as there are no competing pickers and he could have had him anyway had I applied the rules correctly. But beware in the future of the Tier system! Note that normally you can't swoop down as far as you like to pick a player if no one else is picking ;D

Soares and Montoya are valid picks and will be added to the drafters’ teams.  There are no invalid RB picks.

van Aanholt, Digne, Creswell, Chilwell and Otto are all valid LB picks. Fair play, you all dodged each other neatly. There are no invalid LB picks.

Ah, the centre backs. Joe Gomez's named kept staring up at me ;D

Sanchez and Rudiger are the only valid picks. Gomez and Kompany are invalid picks. Fucking appalled, Viva, Claus, deFacto, Max, Trend and Adz, you need to pick CBs from tier 2 from the 18/19 season.

Vishwa despite a lengthy extension didn't furnish me with a pick, so no CB for him. As he missed his pick, he has to drop two tiers and will pick his CB from tier 3 in Round 6.

Updated teams and invalid picks:

DeFacto - Alex McCarthy (GK), Daryl Janmaat (RB), Digne (LB)
Fucking appalled - Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Steven Gerrard (04/05, RB), Creswell (LB)
TrendisnotChakan - Ederson (GK), Wan-Bissaka (RB), Van Dijk (LB),
Claus - De Gea (GK), Robertson (RB), Kyle Walker (LB)
MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (GK), Montoya (RB), Chilwell (LB), Sanchez (CB)
Max_powers - Nick Pope (GK), Bellerin (RB), Otto (LB)
vivaboby - Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB)
AdzLFC - Tom Heaton (GK), Michail Antonio (RB), Laporte (LB)
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK), Cedric Soares (RB), Emerson Palmieri (LB), Rudiger (CB)
Vishwa - Pickford (GK), Alexander-Arnold (RB), James Milner (LB)

Invalid picks - Alisson, Kepa, Lloris, Fabianski, Azpilicueta, Fabinho, Vertonghen, Rose, Pereira, Gomez, Kompany.

A reminder, Round 5 is CBs from the 98/99 season. The top 6 were Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:40:35 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
You fucking idiots
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Landed all my picks! Back on to Tier 1-ers. Time for a change in strategy I think to avoid being in that situation again. The top picks get picked almost every time. Trent sneaked through somehow.

In this next round there are enough good picks for most players to get at least one top player I think.

So I’m happy to not take the top options who are often drafted and stick with a top English centre back who is normally overlooked despite captaining his club for years and to a few titles. Should add some discipline to my back line!

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Landed all my picks! Back on to Tier 1-ers. Time for a change in strategy I think to avoid being in that situation again. The top picks get picked almost every time. Trent sneaked through somehow.

In this next round there are enough good picks for most players to get at least one top player I think.

So I’m happy to not take the top options who are often drafted and stick with a top English centre back who is normally overlooked despite captaining his club for years and to a few titles. Should add some discipline to my back line!

I took David May, don't fuck me over.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
I was convinced someone was going to pick Matip

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Degsy shout? He'd make a boss centre dash...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Too pissed to be coherent that season. Better cb's in tier2 anyway
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:49:50 pm by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No Degsy shout? He'd make a boss centre dash...

I almost went for him, but thought all the Liverpool CB's would be picked.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We'll start with goalkeepers. I've been put in a prickly position, because Jack Butland is technically in the bottom half of the Championship and so is not actually a Tier 4 pick. In fact he is a Tier 5 pick. HOWEVER, I shouldn't have actually asked Viva to pick his keeper this time round. As Hennessy counted as "no pick" (being a Tier 2 choice in a Tier 3 round), Viva should actually have skipped Tier 4 and moved straight to Tier 5 anyway. Where he could have picked Butland.

Yeah, I knew that.....cough, cough....

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I am going for a WC winner and a Scouser with this pick for my CB's. If you are picking the same, you should reconsider your life choices.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I am going for a WC winner and a Scouser with this pick for my CB's. If you are picking the same, you should reconsider your life choices.

You won’t get the WC winner  :'(

Plenty of good CBs in the second tier that season though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
You won’t get the WC winner  :'(

Plenty of good CBs in the second tier that season though

Ah ok no worries. See you in Tier 2  :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Still nothing from Vishwa. Hope he's alright. If I don't hear anything else from him, might see if anyone else wants to share his team til he gets back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still nothing from Vishwa. Hope he's alright. If I don't hear anything else from him, might see if anyone else wants to share his team til he gets back.

I think Hazell and BD Nick have been following from time to time.  Good idea.

How many have submitted for this round?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
I think Hazell and BD Nick have been following from time to time.  Good idea.

How many have submitted for this round?

9/10

Would anyone like to help Vishwa out and co captain his team? Drop me a PM.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Ah ok no worries. See you in Tier 2  :D

I'll be joining you
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I'll be joining you

Ya'll don't have to. I can think of at least 6 other all-time great premier league CB's in this batch.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
9/10

Would anyone like to help Vishwa out and co captain his team? Drop me a PM.

I sent XabiArt a PM everyone, hoping he or possibly Djozer might step in for us?   I'll wait to PM Djozer until after I hear from Xabi!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Ya'll don't have to. I can think of at least 6 other all-time great premier league CB's in this batch.

Too late
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think I'd be able to co captain a team lads, but I hope you find someone.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Don't think I'd be able to co captain a team lads, but I hope you find someone.

No worries.

If any one fancies joining in drop me a PM.

If Vishwa doesn’t reply by 9am when the next pick is due I’ll give someone an extra 3 hours or so to make their pick. If not we’ll keep asking...

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Lfsea has kindly agreed to supply Vishwa’s picks (though he is largely on a break from RAWK).

I’ll give him some extra time for this round.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lfsea has kindly agreed to supply Vishwa’s picks (though he is largely on a break from RAWK).

I’ll give him some extra time for this round.

Cheers Lfsea  :wave

Anyone else thinking of dropping out will be goaded by the rest to such an extent they will proffer so many expletives, leaving JK, our resident mod, no other choice.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I’d suggest if anyone misses a pick, we just skip them next turn and they go down two tiers for that turn.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
I’d suggest if anyone misses a pick, we just skip them next turn and they go down two tiers for that turn.

That’s exactly what happens already ;D

• Legacy Fan
So how long is left?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

• Legacy Fan

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Don't fall asleep again  ;D

Actually I’ve not had a pick from lovelycushioned. Have PMed him and will give him til 12.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Got em all now.

Like Pokemon.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Round 5 de picks:

MikeyLFC - Tony Adams (Tier 1 98/99 CB)
Fucking appalled - Desailly (Tier 1 98/99 CB), Mamadou Sakho (Tier 2 CB)
Lovelycushionesheader - Rio Ferdinand (Tier 1 98/99 CB)
Vivabobby - Rio Ferdinand (Tier 1 99/99 CB), Lascelles (Tier 2 CB)
Claus - Roy Keane (Tier 1 98/99 CB), Harry Maguire (Tier 2 CB)
DeFacto - Desailly (Tier 1 98/99CB), Schar (Tier  2 CB)
Maxpowers - Desailly (Tier 1 98/99 CB), Coady (Tier 2 CB)
TrendisnotChakan - Tony Adams (Tier 1 98/99 CB), Harry Maguire (Tier 2 CB)
AdzLFC - Jaap Stam (Tier 1 98/99 CB), Schar (Tier 2 CB)
Vishwa - Irwin (Tier 1 98/99 CB)

SO...

Tier 2 18/19 CBS first. Maguire and Schar are invalid. Coady, Lascelles and Sakho are fine.

Tier 1 98/99 CBS next. Irwin, Roy Keane and Stam are fine. Ferdinand, Adams and Desailly are invalid.

Updated teams and invalid picks:

DeFacto - Alex McCarthy (GK), Daryl Janmaat (RB), Digne (LB)
Fucking appalled - Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Steven Gerrard (04/05, RB), Creswell (LB), Mamadou Sakho (CB)
TrendisnotChakan - Ederson (GK), Wan-Bissaka (RB), Van Dijk (LB),
Claus - De Gea (GK), Robertson (RB), Kyle Walker (LB), Roy Keane (98/99 CB)
MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (GK), Montoya (RB), Chilwell (LB), Sanchez (CB)
Max_powers - Nick Pope (GK), Bellerin (RB), Otto (LB), Coady (CB)
vivaboby - Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB), Lascelles (CB)
AdzLFC - Tom Heaton (GK), Michail Antonio (RB), Laporte (LB), Stam (98/99 CB)
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK), Cedric Soares (RB), Emerson Palmieri (LB), Rudiger (CB)
Vishwa - Pickford (GK), Alexander-Arnold (RB), James Milner (LB), Irwin (98/99 CB)

Invalid picks - Alisson, Kepa, Lloris, Fabianski, Azpilicueta, Fabinho, Vertonghen, Rose, Pereira, Gomez, Kompany, Maguire, Schar, Desailly, Adams, Rio Ferdinand.

SO. I need Tier 3 18/19 CBs from Vishwalfsea, Claus, Trend, deFacto and Adz.
I need Tier 2 98/99 CBs from Mimey, viva, fucking appalled, deFacto, Max, trend and lovely.
And Tier 1 18/19 CMs from everyone.