Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1164497 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Politics thread III - Remember us fighting each other makes Jeremy Cry :(
« Reply #5120 on: January 5, 2020, 01:00:47 pm »
So the Prime Minister is due back today from his hols on the private island of Mustique & apparently he stayed with the Von Bismark family, descendants of Germany's first chancellor, Otto Von Bismark.

It's a hard life.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/boris-johnson-jetting-off-to-private-caribbean-island-of-mustique-with-girlfriend-carrie-symonds-for-winter-sun-38811189.html

At least Bismarck was an effective politician. Unlike our buffoon.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #5121 on: January 5, 2020, 06:20:10 pm »
So the Prime Minister is due back today from his hols on the private island of Mustique & apparently he stayed with the Von Bismark family, descendants of Germany's first chancellor, Otto Von Bismark.

It's a hard life.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/boris-johnson-jetting-off-to-private-caribbean-island-of-mustique-with-girlfriend-carrie-symonds-for-winter-sun-38811189.html

I was wondering how it was all funded. PM earns £150k a year, which is about £90k after tax, and if the holiday cost the reputed £40k that’s been thrown around I don’t see how you can spend 45% of your take home pay on a single holiday even taking into account that he has no real living costs.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5122 on: January 5, 2020, 06:40:21 pm »
Phillips today refusing to rule out campaigning to rejoin the EU. Not sure why leaders cannot just say this isnt happening.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5123 on: January 5, 2020, 06:52:25 pm »
I was wondering how it was all funded. PM earns £150k a year, which is about £90k after tax, and if the holiday cost the reputed £40k that’s been thrown around I don’t see how you can spend 45% of your take home pay on a single holiday even taking into account that he has no real living costs.

He also earns £275k a year for his Telegraph column.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5124 on: January 5, 2020, 06:55:28 pm »
He still does that? I thought that was stopped when he became PM - or was it just speculation?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5125 on: January 5, 2020, 06:58:49 pm »

I dont think he is short of money.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5126 on: January 5, 2020, 07:01:39 pm »
Phillips today refusing to rule out campaigning to rejoin the EU. Not sure why leaders cannot just say this isnt happening.
Correct as well, she says it all depends on whether the Tories deliver the Brexit they promised, they won't, a decent Labour opposition should be able to rip them apart, lets see how the public feel about leaving the EU in 5yrs time.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5127 on: January 5, 2020, 07:04:10 pm »

Pretty sure he had to quit when he was Foreign Minister, and quit again when he became PM.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5128 on: January 5, 2020, 07:07:02 pm »
Correct as well, she says it all depends on whether the Tories deliver the Brexit they promised, they won't, a decent Labour opposition should be able to rip them apart, lets see how the public feel about leaving the EU in 5yrs time.

I dont know who she is pitching too but whilst you have to pitch to your members its important that in this campaign there is a pitch to the electorate as well.

I would like a campaign to join the EU but thats not in the next 5 years, more likely later or after the next decade. In the meantime we cant have Labour seen as the party to try to go back in, cap in hand. It just gives the Tories more ammo.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: January 5, 2020, 07:16:06 pm »
I dont know who she is pitching too but whilst you have to pitch to your members its important that in this campaign there is a pitch to the electorate as well.

I would like a campaign to join the EU but thats not in the next 5 years, more likely later or after the next decade. In the meantime we cant have Labour seen as the party to try to go back in, cap in hand. It just gives the Tories more ammo.
It's not a sales pitch, she is saying something ive wanted to hear from a Labour leader, telling the Tories to deliver the Brexit they promised. if they deliver then end of argument but thats not going to happen, 100% certain this is not going to go well for the country. it's all been theory up to now for many people, all up for debate. it won't be up for debate when the s..hits the fan in many ways. 5yrs is more than enough assuming Johnson doesn't sell a 5yr extension to the country.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5130 on: January 5, 2020, 07:26:58 pm »
It's not a sales pitch, she is saying something ive wanted to hear from a Labour leader, telling the Tories to deliver the Brexit they promised. if they deliver then end of argument but thats not going to happen, 100% certain this is not going to go well for the country. it's all been theory up to now for many people, all up for debate. it won't be up for debate when the s..hits the fan in many ways. 5yrs is more than enough assuming Johnson doesn't sell a 5yr extension to the country.

Hanging campaigns on Tory fuck ups or the Brexit debate now isnt going to wash. Each Labour leader needs to build an optimistic future of what the country will look like under Labour. The votes in certain places have been dwindling for the past decade and more and more than ever we need a party that appeals to all parts of the country.

The Tories have their optimistic pitch with Brexit. The SNP have theirs with independence. We need a Labour pitch that isnt just everything will be shit and we will reopen the debate on the EU.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5131 on: January 5, 2020, 08:06:53 pm »
Hanging campaigns on Tory fuck ups or the Brexit debate now isnt going to wash. Each Labour leader needs to build an optimistic future of what the country will look like under Labour. The votes in certain places have been dwindling for the past decade and more and more than ever we need a party that appeals to all parts of the country.

The Tories have their optimistic pitch with Brexit. The SNP have theirs with independence. We need a Labour pitch that isnt just everything will be shit and we will reopen the debate on the EU.
The Tories optimistic plan was all theory, they now face realty. they face impossible no win decisions. either option results in something bad happening to the economy and UK companies. hurts the public in the pocket.
There is not going to be a GE for 5 yrs. public opinion doesn't matter in 2020. imo public opinion probably won't change till 2021, Phillips won't get the leadership but if she did she could rip the Tories apart. will inflation rise rapidly in 2021. will our companies face big tariffs abroad, where are all those trade deals you promised to stop countries imposing big tariffs on our exports all over the world. we are not talking theory, this is going to happen, do this and revaluate as it progresses. the danger for Labour is allowing the Tories to spin the s,, storm onto others so that means ripping them apart when they deserve it.
               Emily Maitlis

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5132 on: January 5, 2020, 08:40:06 pm »
He still does that? I thought that was stopped when he became PM - or was it just speculation?

Pretty sure he had to quit when he was Foreign Minister, and quit again when he became PM.

Ah fair enough, didn't realise that. Surprisingly enoughm I don't read the Telegraph!
« Last Edit: January 5, 2020, 08:44:01 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #5133 on: January 5, 2020, 09:48:41 pm »
I genuinely feel quite bad for Long-Bailey. She is clearly unprepared for leadership, clearly doesn’t want it and is evidently being forced into standing by Milne, McC*uskey et al. What’s utterly fucking staggering is she was second choice behind Pidcock, who had been an MP for two years. The extent of the crank left’s irresponsibility is fucking criminal and I sincerely hope they’re ejected once again. The damage done by their selfishness is hard to put into words.

They gave Thatcher a pass. They’ve just given Johnson and Cummings a pass. Please do not let the bastards get away with it again.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5134 on: January 5, 2020, 09:59:03 pm »
I genuinely feel quite bad for Long-Bailey. She is clearly unprepared for leadership, clearly doesn’t want it and is evidently being forced into standing by Milne, McC*uskey et al. What’s utterly fucking staggering is she was second choice behind Pidcock, who had been an MP for two years.

These people have no time for parliament so being an MP for a very short time is a good qualification for them.

They don't have much time for the Labour party either which is why Long-Bailey fits the bill. She's only been a member for 4 years. Astounding but true.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5135 on: January 5, 2020, 10:06:44 pm »
....She's only been a member for 4 years.

I don't expect she's the only one, certainly amongst many of the more shouty supporters of the failed project, who were probably voting or even actively campaigning against Labour before that.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5136 on: January 5, 2020, 10:16:46 pm »
These people have no time for parliament so being an MP for a very short time is a good qualification for them.

They don't have much time for the Labour party either which is why Long-Bailey fits the bill. She's only been a member for 4 years. Astounding but true.

At face value, yes that’s completely astounding but in the interest of balance there’s more then one type of membership. I’m not a member of the party, but am a member of an affiliated union and pay into the political fund and I get a vote on leadership contests etc same as a regular member so she might have only been a member for 4 years but could have been a member of an affiliated body for much longer. Also might have been a member of the Co-Operative Party?  No idea if she is or isn’t, but just putting it out there as possible explanations.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5137 on: January 5, 2020, 10:18:36 pm »

So has Kier Starmer though...

Still, it appears Long Bailey has a very lose association with the truth.  In her selection interview to become an MP she said that she’d voted for Ed Milliband in 2010. 

She forgot that she hadn’t actually joined the Labour Party hen.  Bless.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: January 5, 2020, 10:22:13 pm »

Still, it appears Long Bailey has a very lose association with the truth.  In her selection interview to become an MP she said that she’d voted for Ed Milliband in 2010. 

At face value, yes that’s completely astounding but in the interest of balance there’s more then one type of membership. I’m not a member of the party, but am a member of an affiliated union and pay into the political fund and I get a vote on leadership contests etc same as a regular member so she might have only been a member for 4 years but could have been a member of an affiliated body for much longer. Also might have been a member of the Co-Operative Party?  No idea if she is or isn’t, but just putting it out there as possible explanations.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2020, 10:28:02 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5139 on: January 5, 2020, 10:22:48 pm »

thats pretty surprising as she normally has an amazing memory, I mean she’s talked about the insecurity of her dad’s and his friends jobs on the Salford docks which closed when she was 2 so her memory is usually razor sharp!

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5140 on: January 5, 2020, 10:38:30 pm »
thats pretty surprising as she normally has an amazing memory, I mean she’s talked about the insecurity of her dad’s and his friends jobs on the Salford docks which closed when she was 2 so her memory is usually razor sharp!

See my last post. I voted for Ed Miliband as leader and I am not a member of the Labour Party either...
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5141 on: January 5, 2020, 10:56:17 pm »
See my last post. I voted for Ed Miliband as leader and I am not a member of the Labour Party either...
In 2010?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5142 on: January 5, 2020, 11:13:27 pm »

No idea about the Cooperative party membership. I imagine if she had been a member we'd know about it!

I take your point about trade union membership. She was sponsored by Unite, but was she ever a member of the union? She was a commercial solicitor I believe. It's unlikely that the professional association she belonged to is, or was, affiliated to the Labour party.

But....I do insist on individual membership as a token of commitment anyway. There used to a rule in the party - a good one too because it stopped careerists - that you had to be an individual member of the party for 2 years before being eligible to stand as a councillor or MP.

Starmer and Jess Phillips were members of the party when they were 16 and 14 respectively. Long Bailey joined in her 30s in order to become an MP. She was also McCluskey's creature from the start.   
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5143 on: January 5, 2020, 11:15:28 pm »

Keir Starmer joined the LPYS when he was 16.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5144 on: January 5, 2020, 11:18:55 pm »
In 2010?

Yup, I have been a member of an affiliated union since 2008 and voted in every leadership contest since.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5145 on: January 5, 2020, 11:26:45 pm »
No idea about the Cooperative party membership. I imagine if she had been a member we'd know about it!

I take your point about trade union membership. She was sponsored by Unite, but was she ever a member of the union? She was a commercial solicitor I believe. It's unlikely that the professional association she belonged to is, or was, affiliated to the Labour party.

But....I do insist on individual membership as a token of commitment anyway. There used to a rule in the party - a good one too because it stopped careerists - that you had to be an individual member of the party for 2 years before being eligible to stand as a councillor or MP.

Starmer and Jess Phillips were members of the party when they were 16 and 14 respectively. Long Bailey joined in her 30s in order to become an MP. She was also McCluskey's creature from the start.   

I have no idea about Long-Bailey I haven’t followed her career that closely nor do I intend on voting for her this time around. All I am doing is offering is plausible reasons why she has only been a member of the party for 4 years, they may apply to her or they may not. But before we start making assertions that someone must be lying about something it’s sometimes sensible to consider other explanations.

Also, I believe Jess Phillips membership lapses at some point during the Blair/Brown years but she says that’s because her dad stopped paying her membership fees.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2020, 11:28:47 pm by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5146 on: January 6, 2020, 11:42:17 am »
I have no idea about Long-Bailey I haven’t followed her career that closely nor do I intend on voting for her this time around. All I am doing is offering is plausible reasons why she has only been a member of the party for 4 years, they may apply to her or they may not. But before we start making assertions that someone must be lying about something it’s sometimes sensible to consider other explanations.

It’s always sensible to consider other explanations, but only so long as there’s some evidence to back them up.

With a dearth of evidence to back them up all I can do in the face of such ‘explanations’ is produce reasons why they are unlikely. She hasn’t mentioned any Co-operative party membership (and nor has anyone else). It’s hard to know what trade union she belonged to that could possibly be affiliated to the Labour Party. She has no record of political activism.

Indeed she told Salford LP EC  she voted for Ed Miliband as leader of the party. When it was pointed out to her at the selection meeting that she couldn’t have done so because on her own reckoning she wasn’t a party member at the time she said she must have got confused.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5147 on: January 6, 2020, 11:49:24 am »

The Labour Party has got a hen?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5148 on: January 6, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »
Unison tried to block members of the Procedures Committee (the people organising the leadership election) from endorsing candidates and were blocked by the Unite/Momentum cabal. I can smell a stitch up in this election.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5149 on: January 6, 2020, 02:49:11 pm »
Nice to see the same people who decry Labour for not being very good at bringing in new voters, and not being a broad enough church, also making the length of individuals membership with the party a pissing contest which determines their legitimacy.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5150 on: January 6, 2020, 03:04:47 pm »
Nice to see the same people who decry Labour for not being very good at bringing in new voters, and not being a broad enough church, also making the length of individuals membership with the party a pissing contest which determines their legitimacy.

The party needs to guard against careerism. It always has done. The idea that the leader of the Labour party should have served a few years membership is neither onerous nor unfair. He or she needs to know the party. The party needs to know them. This is sensible isn't it?

New voters on the other hand are always welcomed with open arms. Or should be. There's no such thing as a 'careerist voter'.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5151 on: January 6, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »
Unison tried to block members of the Procedures Committee (the people organising the leadership election) from endorsing candidates and were blocked by the Unite/Momentum cabal. I can smell a stitch up in this election.

Yes, I get the impression from seeing retweets of Shitebox that Lavery seems very much the usual lunatics choice and all other candidates are not to be trusted/red tory etc.

They seem to all still be somewhere in here...

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5152 on: January 6, 2020, 03:19:52 pm »
The party needs to guard against careerism. It always has done. The idea that the leader of the Labour party should have served a few years membership is neither onerous nor unfair. He or she needs to know the party. The party needs to know them. This is sensible isn't it?

New voters on the other hand are always welcomed with open arms. Or should be. There's no such thing as a 'careerist voter'.

Aye, so you'd be happy to veto a potentially very good leader due to them not having been a member for long enough?

What is long enough btw? 5yrs? 10yrs?

At what milestone does someone earn the right, where's the tipping point between too wet behind the ears not a labour person and then yeah ok rubber stamped you've done your time.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5153 on: January 6, 2020, 03:37:59 pm »
Aye, so you'd be happy to veto a potentially very good leader due to them not having been a member for long enough?

At what milestone does someone earn the right, where's the tipping point between too wet behind the ears not a labour person and then yeah ok rubber stamped you've done your time.

For me it'd be at LEAST one full parliamentary session, ideally 2. In an ideal world they'd have ministerial experience, but that excludes practically the entire PLP these days so some form of Shadow Cabinet role to show they can handle a brief beyond being a constituency MP. It shouldn't be a popularity/most like JC contest but alas.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5154 on: January 6, 2020, 04:12:04 pm »

I think 5 years is probably fair. Though 4 of those 5 should have been served at grassroots level before the person became an MP.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5155 on: January 6, 2020, 04:18:38 pm »
Can join the Labour Party up to 20th January and be eligible to vote in the leadership elections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51000133
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5157 on: January 6, 2020, 04:23:20 pm »
Can join the Labour Party up to 20th January and be eligible to vote in the leadership elections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51000133

You can join and be eligible for leader.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5158 on: January 6, 2020, 04:24:14 pm »
I think 5 years is probably fair. Though 4 of those 5 should have been served at grassroots level before the person became an MP.

Traditionally a fair number of MPs would spend their apprenticeship as local Councillors getting to understand communities and how governmental processes worked. They'd develop concensus building and budgetary skills so useful grounding for Parliament.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: January 6, 2020, 04:35:53 pm »
I don't think I'll have Jess Phillips as my first preference (though still waiting to hear much more from each of the candidates), but would you expand? I've seen hinted criticisms like this at her, but there never seems to be much behind them - and I have trawled through a few threads on twitter that are long on accusation and short on evidence.

This accusation was brought up before and the evidence supporting Sian labelling her a "wretched transphobe" was extremely light, to put it politely.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340923.msg16793787#msg16793787

Can find it here, and it concludes on the next page before Mods understandably wanted to move on.