Author Topic: Dishwasher. Bauknecht brand, any good?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dishwasher. Bauknecht brand, any good?
« on: March 9, 2023, 06:03:59 pm »
So, we ordered a new dishwasher, (Whirlpool), but then the mrs. was called up by a sales rep who offered us another one instead, for some reason..

Model offered, Bauknecht BUO3T132P. This, apparently, was an even better machine, (cost more), but the spidey senses always goes off when something like this happens..

So my question is, I understand Bauknecht is a German brand - under Whirlpool, but is it any good?

Thanks.
@Yvanicuzz

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Dishwasher. Bauknecht brand, any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2023, 08:58:40 pm »
My brother in law runs a white goods company.  He’s always said that there’s no point spending money on a premium dishwasher brand because they break just as much as the cheap ones.

We had a Bosch one that was utterly hopeless, our Beko one never lets us down though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 9, 2023, 09:47:55 pm »
Thanks for replying mate. I should have clarified, we'd get this new one for the same price o_0

Hence the spidey-sense, hehe
@Yvanicuzz

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3 on: March 9, 2023, 10:26:29 pm »
I'm no expert in terms of buying (bigger) household electronics, but as I live in the region (not in Germany) I do know the name Bauknecht and it is a well known brand. No idea, if something has changed since they were aquired by Whirlpool, but at least I have not heard anything bad about them. And as far as I'm aware the sale happened ages ago. There are some well-known brands that went under in the 90s and were then bought by some other company or resurrected by a new owner in later years, but have then gone to shite. Don't think that's the case with Bauknecht.

Searching for the model name you gave not a lot comes up in German. Only the Bauknecht-site where you can order replacement parts. Other than that, it seems that's a model that was sold mainly in Denmark. At least, there's loads of Danish search results coming up...

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 08:51:33 am »
We had a Bosch one that was utterly hopeless, our Beko one never lets us down though

Luck of the draw innit? Our Bosch has lasted 15 years

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 09:34:44 am »
We bought our neff one after using the same one at an Airbnb. It has a small cutlery drawer at the top instead of a basket. Makes so much sense.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 01:54:46 pm »
We bought our neff one after using the same one at an Airbnb. It has a small cutlery drawer at the top instead of a basket. Makes so much sense.

Genius

.....I will back off my Jon Richardson style rant about the way the Mrs loads the dishwasher (pan on the top shelf a few days ago --- I know !!)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019