Author Topic: Fuel & energy prices  (Read 120043 times)

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fuel price
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2022, 09:59:55 am »
Had a drive round yesterday to see the prices around me. Cheapest was £1.78.9, most expensive was "1.91.9

How much in fuel did that cost you?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2022, 11:23:57 am »
How much in fuel did that cost you?

Not a lot, as I planned the route in advance to pick up my missus in town anyway. Passed 7 different garages  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2022, 11:32:12 am »
A spokesperson for the forecourts was on Radio 5 after things opened up being surprisingly honest about how the forecourts he represented were profiteering.  He argued that during the lockdown they had suffered losses - citing primarily the loss of sales in the shops - and that this was their time to make up lost ground.

I bet the Jet group are leading the way too, biggest rip off merchants around.

We have a small independent garage near us and they're as competitive as any of the supermarkets.

Seeing as I've stopped travelling for food shopping I'd prefer putting money in their pockets than the multinationals.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2022, 12:10:04 pm »
I bet the Jet group are leading the way too, biggest rip off merchants around.

We have a small independent garage near us and they're as competitive as any of the supermarkets.

Seeing as I've stopped travelling for food shopping I'd prefer putting money in their pockets than the multinationals.

Are Jet still going?

They had a branch near Garston in the 1970s which was a rip off then.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
yes my company does the same but they really shouldn't be doing that as the rate is specifically for users with a Company Car not a Car Allowance

Our company does the same, for car allowance, you claim whatever the rates are, then at the end of the tax year, you can claim tax relief on the difference between the company rate and the Gov's 45ppm, so depending on your mileage and whether you are a basic or higher rate tax payer - it can give you a decent amount back - i used to do about 25k a year and get a tax rebate of £1k+ a year.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2022, 01:46:39 pm »
What were the prices before these mad rises over the last few weeeks/months?

I think at the start of the year average price for Diesel in my area was around £1.40, right now its about £1.98. The highest i noticed it over the last few weeks was £2.04 (this is supermarket garages)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2022, 11:01:21 am »
A spokesperson for the forecourts was on Radio 5 after things opened up being surprisingly honest about how the forecourts he represented were profiteering.  He argued that during the lockdown they had suffered losses - citing primarily the loss of sales in the shops - and that this was their time to make up lost ground.

There's a huge failure of the market here.

If the market was working perfectly, some forecourts would reduce their prices to increase demand. I know price elasticity of demand is different with fuel, as it's a product all [non-EV] vehicles need, but they could win volume from their rivals.

It's normally the supermarkets who lead the way - and they made mega-profits during Covid - but they're profiteering as much as the rest.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2022, 12:45:55 pm »
Are Jet still going?

They had a branch near Garston in the 1970s which was a rip off then.

They're all over South Yorkshire and at least 5-10p per ltr more expensive than the supermarkets.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:08 pm »
A small independent retailer near me is selling unleaded at £1.79 and diesel at £1.89

Sainsbury's is £1.81 and £1.91
Asda £1.86 and £1.93
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2022, 02:02:50 pm »
Handy website this, also an app, you have to register but you put in your postcode and it tells you the price of the cheapest garage to you

https://www.petrolprices.com/
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2022, 02:23:58 pm »
Wholesale gas prices up another 12% today, well past the peak of last winter.

Currently almost 10x the cost of 12 months ago.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2022, 05:53:59 pm »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2022, 01:31:04 pm »
Handy website this, also an app, you have to register but you put in your postcode and it tells you the price of the cheapest garage to you

https://www.petrolprices.com/

The supermarkets have a lot to answer for. If they reduced prices like they should then inflation is eased a bit almost straight away.

The refinereies also making 35p/l when their usual target is 10p/l.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2022, 02:27:48 pm »
UK energy bills forecast to hit £3,850 as Russia cuts gas supply further

Industry sources say prediction is surprisingly high, but comes after Gazprom slashes flow through pipeline to Europe

Home energy bills in the UK could soar to £3,850 from January, after Russia further squeezed Europe’s gas supplies, according to a forecast that would spell further misery for people already struggling to afford gas and electricity.

The prediction, which some industry sources said should be treated with caution, follows a surge in European gas prices, as Russia cut flows through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline.

The energy-focused management consultancy BFY said it now expected October’s price cap to hit £3,420, while the subsequent rise in January could be as high as £3,850.

That would mean home energy bills would have tripled in the space of a year, given that the cap was set at £1,271 at the beginning of 2022. BFY said the average customer could end up “facing a bill of £500 in January alone”.

One source at a major power producer said they thought the forecast was surprisingly high, with the figure likely to be closer to the £3,300 already predicted by the energy analysis firm Cornwall Insight.

Cornwall is expected to update its own predictions, factoring in fresh European gas price increases, early next week.

The Kremlin-controlled gas firm Gazprom said earlier this week it would cut flows through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline to 20% of capacity, a threat it has delivered on. It blamed problems with turbines, which it said had been made worse by sanctions, imposed by the west because of the invasion of Ukraine.

Europe is scrambling to reduce reliance on Russian gas, with rationing now an option for the coming winter.

The BFY prediction will pile pressure on the UK government to give more help to struggling households. The former chancellor Rishi Sunak, who is vying with Liz Truss to become the next prime minister, said this week he would temporarily scrap the 5% VAT rate on domestic energy bills.

If bills do rise as high as BFY predicts, that would save the average household £192, compared with an increase over the past year of more than £2,500.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/jul/27/uk-energy-bills-forecast-to-hit-3850-pounds-russia-cuts-gas-supply-further-europe-pipeline

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2022, 03:28:03 pm »
A small independent retailer near me is selling unleaded at £1.79 and diesel at £1.89

Sainsbury's is £1.81 and £1.91
Asda £1.86 and £1.93

I filled up at our local independent on Anglesey yesterday at £1.88, today in Barnsley the supermarkets are charging £1.93.  Both prices for diesel.

Ripping off bastards!!

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2022, 03:28:10 pm »
This price cap is what Martin Lewis said 2 weeks ago it would be hitting - approx £3,300 in Oct and £3800 in Jan.

When do the riots or mass non-payments start? 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2022, 11:34:52 pm »
Fucking hell
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2022, 12:15:05 am »
https://dontpay.uk/ would be great if everyone agreed to do this. we are being taken for fools.
YNWA.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2022, 12:16:03 am »
https://dontpay.uk/ would be great if everyone agreed to do this. we are being taken for fools.

By who?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2022, 12:33:00 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2022, 08:33:52 am »
There can be no doubt that fossil fuel companies are absolute scum!

Shell posts £10bn quarterly profits as households struggle with bills

Oil company to give shareholders £6.5bn after benefiting from price surge following Ukraine invasion

Shell made record profits of nearly £10bn between April and June and promised to give shareholders payouts worth £6.5bn as the oil supermajor benefited from the surge in energy prices prompted by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The FTSE 100 company made adjusted profits of $11.5bn (£9.5bn) during the second quarter of the year, beating its previous high – set between January and March – by 26%. The profits were more than double the same period in 2021.

The roaring trade for Shell, BP and other major oil and gas companies has stood in contrast to households and much of the rest of the economy, who have had to deal with higher energy prices that have caused inflation to soar to 40-year highs in the UK and elsewhere, and which threaten to tip economies into recessions across much of the world.

The scale of the oil companies’ profits prompted the UK government to eventually give in to demands for a windfall tax to redistribute some of the profits, although some senior Conservative ministers are thought to favour removing the tax, amid a leadership campaign that will lead to a new prime minister and cabinet in September.

The windfall tax – known as the energy profits levy – will not apply until 14 July, meaning the second-quarter profits and payouts to shareholders were not affected.

Yet it has remained a bonanza for Shell and its shareholders, who received $7.4bn in the first quarter of 2022 and will receive another $6bn in a share buyback and $1.8bn in dividends announced on Tuesday.

Shell said it had experienced “higher realised prices, higher refining margins and higher gas and power trading”.

Vladimir Putin’s invasion has meant that Shell may have to abandon its stake in the Sakhalin-2 gas project with Russia’s Gazprom. Yet the recognised costs of abandoning Russia are $4.3bn – just over a third of the profits Shell has made in three months since Kremlin troops entered Ukraine. The company had already booked costs worth $4.2bn related to its withdrawal from Russia, but it increased this estimate by only $111m in the second quarter of the year.

Shell said it expected the tight energy market was here to stay. It added $4.3bn to its income attributable to shareholders to account for higher than expected prices in the mid- and long-term “reflecting the current energy market demand and supply fundamentals”.

Ben van Beurden, Shell’s chief executive, recognised the “huge challenges for consumers, governments and companies alike” caused by the “volatile energy markets”, but argued that the company is “using our financial strength to invest in secure energy supplies which the world needs today, taking real, bold steps to cut carbon emissions and transforming our company for a low-carbon energy future.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/28/shell-posts-10bn-quarterly-profits-as-households-struggle-with-bills

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2022, 08:34:32 am »
Huge profits reported again this morning across the energy industry at both Shell and Centrica. All of it going to the people who matter to the companies and the government- the shareholders.

All the talk of investing in future energy production and pretty much all the surplus cash goes on share buybacks that are entirely used to boost management incentive plan payouts. An absolute joke- there should be a windfall tax throughout every level of the production chain that is making excess profits.

A small example from the Guardian- "Shell’s refining profit margins almost tripled in the last quarter, to $28 per barrel of oil. That’s up from a refining margin of $10 per barrel in the first three months of this year." That is one of the reasons fuel prices are so high for motorists

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2022, 08:39:54 am »
Huge profits reported again this morning across the energy industry at both Shell and Centrica. All of it going to the people who matter to the companies and the government- the shareholders.

All the talk of investing in future energy production and pretty much all the surplus cash goes on share buybacks that are entirely used to boost management incentive plan payouts. An absolute joke- there should be a windfall tax throughout every level of the production chain that is making excess profits.

A small example from the Guardian- "Shell’s refining profit margins almost tripled in the last quarter, to $28 per barrel of oil. That’s up from a refining margin of $10 per barrel in the first three months of this year." That is one of the reasons fuel prices are so high for motorists

Fossil Fuel companies are absolute scum mate, the lowest of the low!

They have knowingly destroyed the planet in order to make huge amounts of cash!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:43:13 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2022, 08:49:51 am »
Fossil Fuel companies are absolute scum mate, the lowest of the low!

They have knowingly destroyed the planet in order to make huge amounts of cash!

But its ok now as they're putting out adverts about how they're going green......

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2022, 09:16:43 am »
Costco Liverpool 1.69 today

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2022, 09:44:09 am »
Centrica profits soar in 'most challenging energy crisis in living memory'

Profits have soared at British Gas’s parent company too, thanks to higher revenues from its oil, gas and nuclear assets, and the surge in commodity prices.

Centrica has reported adjusted operating profits of $1.34bn for the first half of this year, up from £262m in January-June 2021.

The increase in adjusted operating profit was primarily driven by the Upstream businesses, reflecting strong production and generation volumes and the impact of higher commodity prices.

Additionally, Energy Marketing & Trading managed the more volatile commodity price environment well and delivered higher adjusted operating profit

Centrica has reinstated its dividend, which it suspended after the Covid-19 pandemic began in 2020.

Chief executive Chris O’Shea says we are facing the most challenging energy crisis in living memory:

We’ve made significant progress de-risking the Group and building a stronger business for the benefit of all stakeholders.

This strength has allowed us to lead the industry in measures to protect and support customers through the most challenging energy crisis in living memory and the benefit of our balanced portfolio can be seen in our first half performance. We expect this to continue into the second half, underpinning continued investment in customer service and elsewhere in our portfolio.

Centrica was also boosted by asset sales, having sold Spirit Energy’s Norwegian and Statfjord UK oil and gas assets this year ( but did make a statutory loss of £1bn due to accounting remeasurements).

Centrica insists it is “very aware” of the impact of soaring bills and wider inflationary pressures on customers, and is investing over £100m in customer service, support and pricing over 2022.

British Gas Energy is also hiring 500 more customer service staff to handle higher call volumes from customers struggling to pay their bills.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:45:41 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2022, 09:45:02 am »
But its ok now as they're putting out adverts about how they're going green......

Of course.  ;)

There's a ton of greenwashing going on.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2022, 09:47:56 am »
Costco Liverpool 1.69 today
Decent, that!  It feels like a good time to go and visit my old man  ;D

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2022, 09:56:15 am »
Knocks me fucking sick how the fuel you use to go to work is not tax deductible.

If you're on £30,000 a year but do 50 miles to your job specifically per day then you're not on £30,000.

If self employed people can do it then I don't see why the government cant come up with some sort of scheme based on you and your works postcode to give some sort of further tax relief.

I know that has nothing to do with fuel prices but always annoyed me, leeching c*nts.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2022, 09:57:58 am »
Centrica profits soar in 'most challenging energy crisis in living memory'

Fuel prices will never go down now will they? These companies have realised they can charge what they are charging and that people will still have to buy it. Any cost reduction at their end following the end of the war or whatever will now just mean bigger margins for them.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2022, 10:11:25 am »
Fuel prices will never go down now will they? These companies have realised they can charge what they are charging and that people will still have to buy it. Any cost reduction at their end following the end of the war or whatever will now just mean bigger margins for them.
The 'market' was decimated.  Any providers that worked on smaller margins were wiped out (we were with People's Energy and they were one of the first to fall - now stuck on a terrible tariff with British Gas).  Without any competition the remaining providers will coin it in.  In time new competitors may appear but that's a long way off.

Arguably those failed companies weren't set up with sufficient resilience and we should be grateful for the likes of Centrica for keeping our utilities working.  Alternatively the French model allowed the government to moderate the price spikes and it's no coincidence that French inflation is the lowest in the EU and much lower than ours (it is, of course, adding tens of billions to their national debt).

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2022, 10:22:21 am »
The 'market' was decimated.  Any providers that worked on smaller margins were wiped out (we were with People's Energy and they were one of the first to fall - now stuck on a terrible tariff with British Gas).  Without any competition the remaining providers will coin it in.  In time new competitors may appear but that's a long way off.

Arguably those failed companies weren't set up with sufficient resilience and we should be grateful for the likes of Centrica for keeping our utilities working.  Alternatively the French model allowed the government to moderate the price spikes and it's no coincidence that French inflation is the lowest in the EU and much lower than ours (it is, of course, adding tens of billions to their national debt).

The problem most had was offering fixed-price supply for 12/24 months, but not hedging against price increaes. I guess their rationale was that energy prices had been stable for several years and without the costs of hedging, they could offer cheaper pricing. The more established suppliers did hedge, hence they're able to honour fixed-price deals for the full terms.

Additionally, in France, nuclear power generates ~70% of electrcity there, with gas under 8%, so they've not had the huge increases in feed-in costs.

The UK has around 36% of its electrcitiy from gas-powered stations. Only 17% from nuclear (~30% from wind/solar/hydro)

(Germany is 12% gas; 24% coal; 50% renewables)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:29:31 am by Nobby Reserve »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:15 am »
British Gas owner Centrica resumes shareholder payout as bills rise https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62330190

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2022, 10:30:41 am »
Anyone know how to get shares in Shell?

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2022, 10:37:24 am »

The UK has around 36% of its electrcitiy from gas-powered stations. Only 17% from nuclear (~30% from wind/solar/hydro)

That’s where the steal is happening. Electricity prices are determined by gas prices even though it’s only used for about 1/3 of our electricity. So even if we invest in more renewables, the price of electricity we pay actually goes up because the price of gas has gone up. Complete insanity. If we actually saw renewables reduce the cost we as users pay for electricity you’d see a lot more people get onboard with it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2022, 10:41:37 am »
Quite ignorant personally on how petrol/diesel impacts on a car engine but I saw diesel at Tesco for 1.92 the other day and I was on practically empty. Filled up for 96 quid and it gave me 408 miles. The week before I’d filled up at shell for 1.98 a litre and £108 and it had given me 512 miles. Now I know the miles aren’t always accurate but is cheaper fuel sometimes a bit of a scam? Essentially for 4p a litre more, I’ve got about 100 miles extra in the tank.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2022, 10:46:07 am »
That’s where the steal is happening. Electricity prices are determined by gas prices even though it’s only used for about 1/3 of our electricity. So even if we invest in more renewables, the price of electricity we pay actually goes up because the price of gas has gone up. Complete insanity. If we actually saw renewables reduce the cost we as users pay for electricity you’d see a lot more people get onboard with it.

It's as if we should've started the transition off fossil fuels, and on to renewables 40 years ago   ;)

Governments and Big Oil companies are solely to blame for the current situation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:50:18 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2022, 10:49:37 am »
Quite ignorant personally on how petrol/diesel impacts on a car engine but I saw diesel at Tesco for 1.92 the other day and I was on practically empty. Filled up for 96 quid and it gave me 408 miles. The week before I’d filled up at shell for 1.98 a litre and £108 and it had given me 512 miles. Now I know the miles aren’t always accurate but is cheaper fuel sometimes a bit of a scam? Essentially for 4p a litre more, I’ve got about 100 miles extra in the tank.

There've been studies showing supermarket fuel can often be lower quality and deliver lower MPG.

One [non-supermarket] garage round here has a sign saying just that

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2022, 10:52:21 am »

There've been studies showing supermarket fuel can often be lower quality and deliver lower MPG.

One [non-supermarket] garage round here has a sign saying just that
Yeah, that would make sense. For a few pence the cheaper fuel isn’t really worth it if you’re filling up.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored