Author Topic: Introduction to Soccer Manager Worlds - looking for new managers  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Welcome to RAWK's headquarters for Soccer Manager Worlds. This here thread is to help introduce this FM clone of a game to anyone not familiar with it or who may have been put off by the word SOCCER! Hey, remember Sensible Soccer? Soccer isn't such a dirty word.

For those who have never played, it's basically a FREE and simplified online multiplayer version of Football Manager with a database of real life players that is updated true to real life form. Plus all the wonderkids you can dream of. Two matches a week, tactics to tweak, transfers, and player swapsies! Here's a taster of what to expect -

If anyone is interested in having a go then just say hello in here or drop me a PM. There are currently two RAWK game worlds ongoing. Each with their own specific rules and flavours.

1. Lawnmos - Game World ID 158698

2. Sleeping Giants - Game World ID 349832

Any questions, ask away...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 02:52:52 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Introduction to Soccer Manager Worlds - discussion, sign-ups etc
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 01:25:27 pm »
Correction, there are 4 RAWK worlds. There is a Bundesliga one that I started a while a go.

ID #409252

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:23:39 pm »
Teams & Managers

Barcelona - Lawnmowerman

Bayern Munich - Maximus

Liverpool - The G in Gerrard

SSC Napoli - Ilias

Olympique Lyon - Defacto

Paris Saint-Germain - Betty

PSV - Card Cheat

Valencia - Keith

--------------

VACANCIES

Spoiler

D1

Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen
Benfica
Chelsea
Internazionale
Manchester United
Tottenham

D2

AC Milan
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
CSKA Moscow
Galatasaray
Juventus
Manchester City
Marseille
FC Porto
Real Madrid
Schalke
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit Saint Petersburg

[close]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 02:19:03 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 11:09:49 am »
Loving these updates, Betty!

Would suggest merging all the chat into here so that anyone else who might be interested in joining can take a look at the opening post(s) and get a better idea of what the game is about.

I'll delete this post if you're planning on doing similar updates for the teams & managers in the other gameworlds by the way, so that all your posts are together at the start of the thread.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:07 pm »
Close on my username but good idea on the thread 😉

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 02:38:24 pm »
Loving these updates, Betty!

Would suggest merging all the chat into here so that anyone else who might be interested in joining can take a look at the opening post(s) and get a better idea of what the game is about.

I'll delete this post if you're planning on doing similar updates for the teams & managers in the other gameworlds by the way, so that all your posts are together at the start of the thread.

Cheers mate! Definitely more of these updates to come over the next few days. I'll do a manager overview for each GW (which then I can keep permanently updated) and I was just thinking a rollcall for every winner league winner in RAWK GWs history would be a great archive.

Maybe good to clean up these posts in future, but for now it's fine. Nice for me to know people are watching  :) 

Not trying to usurp the other SM thread as that has it's own 250 page history! But yeah, I think it could be good to bring some discussion in here in future. I'll be using it for all my American Dream updates and CC and Liam are welcome to contribute as well.

Close on my username but good idea on the thread 😉

Ooops will edit that for you  :)  No idea why I always had it the other way round in my head.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 08:01:59 pm »
Teams & Managers

2. Sleeping Giants - Game World ID 349832

Deportivo - Neil                                                                  Dukla Praha - Card Cheat                                                                    Dynamo Dresden - KingLuis 

Independiente - Ilias                                                                      Leeds United - Betty                                                                       Parma - Lawnmowerman

Penarol - Alex                                                                           Red Star - Defacto                                                                 Vélez Sársfield - Claus

--------------

VACANCIES

Spoiler

D2

Dynamo Moscow
Feyenoord
Flamengo
Fortuna Dusseldorf
Saint-Etienne
Sporting
Torino

D 3

Brondby
Fluminense
Foggia
Kaiserslautern
Nottingham Forest
Rangers
Sparta Rotterdam
Valencia
[close]

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 08:38:17 pm »
Great Thread Betty

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 12:32:27 pm »
Liverpool have player's like Isco available now.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9 on: November 1, 2020, 01:00:08 pm »

Donnarumma
Kimmich - Upamecano - Skriniar - Andy Robbo
Naby Lad - Neves
Hazard
Dybala - Kane - Mbappe

Subs: Lafont, Kimpembe, Mukiele, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Odegaard, Coman

With some promising players in the youth team as well: Szoboszlai, Gravenberch, Ruiz Atil and more.

Definitely the strongest team I've had since taking over at PSV, really looking foward to seeing what sort of damage we can cause in Div.1 next season! Could still do with a top CM if anyone's open to trading one (or a RB, in which case I'd move Kimmich into midfield).

Really great to see so many new managers joining (or rejoining), this gameworld is bumping at the moment! Props to Liam for all the work he's put into this over the past few weeks. Still think the new managers could/should get one more draft pick, unless we have someone lined up as City manager?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2020, 01:36:59 pm »
Still think the new managers could/should get one more draft pick
Ah Liamo. Liamo Liamo Liamo. "They pissed all over me legs! That can't happen to the alpha!" Seemed to make sense though didn't it. Especially with so many new managers joining at once willing to take on rebuilds, and thus making each others lives harder with all the competition for players. Lob in the signing from the unmanaged stipulation which slows the building process even further aswell for new managers. It certainly isn't a picnic like when you're just one new manager and you've got the run of the farm. This is terrordome shite. Give a man a fish, not let them eat cake

Nice photojob KL. Can't believe you have duckarse in this gw aswell. And you let Rashford go for skinriar! What you coulda got varane for!
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 01:45:26 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2020, 01:44:39 pm »
Fan of Neves kl? Available in SG for that player we were talking about it., along with Brazilian Anto....
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 01:46:38 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2020, 03:10:40 pm »

The most important question here is could you live yourself winning any trophies with Kane up front?  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2020, 03:17:55 pm »
All info on SM's proposed reboot/update are in here:

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/171154-sm-worlds-reboot/

Nothing is concrete yet, so if you can be arsed to leave an opinion it may be worth it. Also, all these changes are at least 9-12 months away, which could mean decades given their usual timekeeping ability  :-X

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2020, 03:31:39 pm »

As if you'd have given me Varane for Rashford ;D Would be up for a Varane trade once his transfer ban expires though, let me know who you'd be interested in from my team.

The most important question here is could you live yourself winning any trophies with Kane up front?  ;D

There's no level I wouldn't sink to if it means bringing that Div.1 trophy home ;D Would definitely be (very) open to trading him for another similarly rated forward though, his mouthbreathing is cramping my style!

Still need to go through the comments, but at first glance I'd actually say that a lot of these proposals sound great. Especially the ones about upgrading your stadium and whatnot, I love that kind of thing  :D Having squad limits based on concerns, contracts etc would give us a lot more options and flexibility when setting up a gameworld as well.

Agree with the scepticism about having player ratings that can vary by 5 points. And I also hope they don't make things too complicated, one of the best things about SM is its simplicity.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2020, 02:28:25 pm »
Ah Liamo. Liamo Liamo Liamo. "They pissed all over me legs! That can't happen to the alpha!" Seemed to make sense though didn't it. Especially with so many new managers joining at once willing to take on rebuilds, and thus making each others lives harder with all the competition for players. Lob in the signing from the unmanaged stipulation which slows the building process even further aswell for new managers. It certainly isn't a picnic like when you're just one new manager and you've got the run of the farm. This is terrordome shite. Give a man a fish, not let them eat cake

Nice photojob KL. Can't believe you have duckarse in this gw aswell. And you let Rashford go for skinriar! What you coulda got varane for!

well i did try in the end ;)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2020, 02:37:01 pm »
I'm in the Bundesliga one, but will probably drop out soon as I am struggling to motivate myself to get on and sort stuff out. Plus Football Manager is coming out soon...

There is a great Hertha team I have if anyone wants it!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2020, 05:39:44 pm »
well i did try in the end ;)
Reminds me of the time i tried climbing the Himalayas when i was a kid. All excited i was. I said goodbye to me ma, got out the front gate and it started raining. I turned back. To this day, i tried! climbing the himalayas. And nobody will tell me otherwise

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2020, 08:28:02 pm »
Reminds me of the time i tried climbing the Himalayas when i was a kid. All excited i was. I said goodbye to me ma, got out the front gate and it started raining. I turned back. To this day, i tried! climbing the himalayas. And nobody will tell me otherwise

did ya where a dummy then too :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2020, 08:46:20 pm »
did ya where a dummy then too :D
No, it was firmly ensconced in me gob. World is full of feckers taking from a poor little boys mouth!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #20 on: November 3, 2020, 06:21:37 pm »
Teams & Managers

AC Milan - Card Cheat                                                                  Atlético Madrid - Liam                                                                        Barcelona - Lawnmo 

Bayern Munich - Max                                                                      Borussia Dortmund - Neil                                                                  Juventus - Kesey

Liverpool - The G in Gerrard                                                                   SSC Napoli - Ilias                                                                 Paris Saint-Germain - Betty

PSV - KingLuis                                                              Real Madrid - Poetry in Motion                                               Shakhtar Donetsk - Defacto

Valencia - ShatnersBassoon

--------------

VACANCIES

Spoiler

D1

Bayer Leverkusen
Internazionale
Manchester City
Zenit Saint Petersburg

D2

Arsenal
Benfica
Chelsea
CSKA Moscow
Galatasaray
Lyon
Manchester United
Marseille
FC Porto
Schalke
Tottenham
[close]

Arsenal now taken over too, This world filling up a bit :D Still plenty of teams to chose for anyone who wants a crack at this game!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 12:07:21 pm »
First game of the new season tonight , Can't wait

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 08:19:42 pm »

We done it again!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 10:07:00 pm »
We'll done Boca. For good of the competition I played full strength side ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 10:15:34 pm »
We'll done Boca. For good of the competition I played full strength side ;)

We appreciate your competitive spirit. Payment is processing  ;D

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2021, 02:00:10 pm »
Bump Still loads of clubs left in Lawnmos world game world ID : 158698

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2022, 02:31:25 pm »
In the middle of a much needed update to this thread. If anyone's interested we're having a big revamp in the main RAWK league, so it's a perfect time to jump in with lots of top players on the market -

Lawnmos - Game World ID 158698 (Official website here: Soccer Manager Worlds)

Explanation at the top of the page of what Soccer Manager is all about. Newbies are always welcome and will get a helping hand with a star player or two from other more established teams. Plus we'd always be happy to see some old long lost names returning. These are the RAWKites currently involved. Club vacancies are at the bottom -

Teams & Managers

Barcelona - Lawnmowerman

Bayern Munich - Maximus

Liverpool - The G in Gerrard

SSC Napoli - Ilias

Olympique Lyon - Defacto

Paris Saint-Germain - Betty

PSV - Card Cheat

Valencia - Keith

--------------

VACANCIES

Spoiler

D1

Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen
Benfica
Chelsea
Internazionale
Manchester United
Tottenham

D2

AC Milan
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
CSKA Moscow
Galatasaray
Juventus
Manchester City
Marseille
FC Porto
Real Madrid
Schalke
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit Saint Petersburg

[close]

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Introduction to Soccer Manager Worlds - looking for new managers
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2023, 09:17:08 am »
What's everyone using to find out risers since the SM forums got binned off? i've had a look around on Discord but all seems to be about the SM game not the worlds...