Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454435 times)

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67200 on: December 22, 2021, 03:31:49 pm »
Wondering if anyone can help me with this. So my partner and I have had a cough since last Thursday and we have both had a PCR test come back this morning as negative, as well as daily lateral flow tests come back as negative (including today, took one about half an hour ago and haven’t left the house since last Wednesday). Now that I have had a negative test result, my intention is to go and get my booster tonight, but they say to leave it 28 days after testing positive before taking the vaccine. Could it be that I did have COVID and the cough was the back-end of it so the PCR was done after I had the virus?  And if so, is it potentially dangerous for me to go and get the vaccine (as in previous infection plus COVID could make me very ill)? Or is the “don’t get it for 28 days” just to do with me potentially transmitting it to someone else, in which case I’m negative so it’s fine?
No it’s not dangerous at all. The point behind the wait is purely down to kinetics of the immune response. In response to an exposure (either vaccine or infection) antibody response ramps up quickly and then decreases and cellular immunity moves into the memory phase of the response. Ideally you want the booster after that ramp up and ramp down for most benefit, but getting it earlier doesn’t mean it doesn’t work and isn’t dangerous at all.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67201 on: December 22, 2021, 03:35:34 pm »
How long does the booster actually take to have effect? Is it a week or longer?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #67202 on: December 22, 2021, 03:36:23 pm »
How long does the booster actually take to have effect? Is it a week or longer?

1-2 weeks before peak effect.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67203 on: December 22, 2021, 03:36:57 pm »
I have felt really rough the last few days. Today marks a week since our booster. and the last time I have left the house. Slept like a log all day yesterday, My issue is where the hell is all this green mucus cough/runny mucus from the nose coming from? My sides hurt a bit from all the mucus coughing.  Its like a lake. At least today I have managed to get up and am sitting at the computer. My pharmacist said to take paracetamol and lay low for a few more days. Cannot get though to my GP as he is hiding is his covid bunker. They just refer you to 119 and don't seem willing to help at all my GP I mean. I feel a little btter overall I guess.

I have had the same. Had my moderna booster last Thursday and had cold like symptoms since, runny nose and coughing up mucus the last few days. Not too bad otherwise, did have a hot port and brandy which helped.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67204 on: December 22, 2021, 03:39:29 pm »
1-2 weeks before peak effect.

Ah OK.

Shame people couldn't have got them 2 weeks ago in prep for Christmas but still grateful we can get them at all.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #67205 on: December 22, 2021, 03:46:16 pm »
Really interesting interview with Trevor Bedford on Omicron and his thoughts for the future.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/22/a-computational-biologist-weighs-in-on-omicron-the-future-of-vaccines-and-the-cdcs-variant-forecast/

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67206 on: December 22, 2021, 03:46:51 pm »
Don't let your mood down before you get the PCR results back. There is a strong cold that may have hit you, not Covid (re: Hendo). Take vitamins and zinc, if you have access to that.

And if it happens that it is Covid, your double-jab will go a long way to prevent you from going to a hospital and getting more severe symptoms (or worse). Then it would be the time to think what would have been had you not had the double-jab. Stay strong. The timing is unfortunate, but it's under no one's control. Try to make the best of it - raise virtual toasts with family and friends, talk to them, share stories... It's an experience that you will be telling about the next generations. Chin up, mate! Merry Christmas (it comes everywhere)!

That really sucks.

Wait on the result of the PCR obviously, lots of other viral infections that can give you fatigue. Have you got any other symptoms?

In the meantime order yourself a delivery of paracetamol, ibuprofen and multivitamins, or get someone to drop them round. None of them are cures but the first two can help with symptoms and the vitamins can help get your body back on track a little quicker. Don’t take more than recommended though obviously. Staying hydrated is big one, drink plenty of water.

You’ll be fine, but don’t hesitate to contact 111 if your symptoms get worse (if in UK) - they’ll have some good advice for you. Call them now if you think you should and ask for their opinion. Call them again if you have any doubts later on or are feeling worse, that’s what they are there for.

Hopefully you’ve got some wifi there so you could do some video contact if it does come back positive?

Oh, and order delivery of a box of lateral flow tests - guidance will likely change so that isolation can be 7 days rather than 10, if you are symptom free and have a negative lateral flow test on day 7 (not confirmed yet though).

thanks guys. Postiive PCR came through this morning. Thankfully i'm feeling stronger today and even had lunch. the timing is brlliiant though...

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67207 on: December 22, 2021, 04:03:06 pm »
106,122 cases

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67208 on: December 22, 2021, 04:03:33 pm »
106,122 cases reported. 140 deaths. Jeez.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #67209 on: December 22, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »
"301 London admissions (78% week on week increase). Still hard to judge what the right lag to take this on is, but seems like some of the case increase is working through, which isn't so good as it looked a couple of days ago. Record case numbers, but rate of increase is slowing."

https://twitter.com/BristOliver/status/1473685604852547601

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67210 on: December 22, 2021, 04:05:20 pm »
106122 new cases and 140 deaths reported today.

Government advisors recommend Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year olds.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-government-advisers-recommend-jab-for-vulnerable-five-to-11-year-olds-12502122

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67211 on: December 22, 2021, 04:06:39 pm »
End of January, I am counting the days.

Do you get sick pay? Personally, I'd be looking at just going on the sick during my notice period, get the GP to sign you off for anxiety do to them forcing you to go into the office while all this is going on.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67212 on: December 22, 2021, 04:07:39 pm »
"301 London admissions (78% week on week increase). Still hard to judge what the right lag to take this on is, but seems like some of the case increase is working through, which isn't so good as it looked a couple of days ago. Record case numbers, but rate of increase is slowing."

https://twitter.com/BristOliver/status/1473685604852547601

I suppose the question on this remains is it admissions for Covid or admissions with Covid

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67213 on: December 22, 2021, 04:08:08 pm »
Omicron has peaked in London. Case numbers not as good as recently, but still better than we might have feared a couple of weeks ago

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67214 on: December 22, 2021, 04:11:07 pm »
All devolved governments’ have now invoked further control measures, although they’re limited in the absence of required financial support from central Government .  No further measures announced for England yet.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67215 on: December 22, 2021, 04:25:30 pm »
I have had the same. Had my moderna booster last Thursday and had cold like symptoms since, runny nose and coughing up mucus the last few days. Not too bad otherwise, did have a hot port and brandy which helped.

Thank your for your reassuring post mate. I am glad to know someone who is in the same situation as me. The weather is cold, this new new variant has come up with similar characteristics so its hard to know what to make of it all and not to worry about it. Maybe I should not have waited until our 6 months were up before our booster right in the middle of winter and the Christmas period. 

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #67216 on: December 22, 2021, 04:35:00 pm »
106122 new cases and 140 deaths reported today.

Government advisors recommend Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year olds.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-government-advisers-recommend-jab-for-vulnerable-five-to-11-year-olds-12502122

If you look at specimen date (I should have done this before 4pm to see change!)

12/12 - 50,501
13/12 - 81,760
14/12 - 94,963
15/12 - 103,281
16/12 - 96,254
17/12 - 85,080

The 18th and 19th are lower but incomplete but they were a weekend.

20/12 is currently at 81,760

All data from covid gov.uk dashboard

Edit: positive also includes LFT
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 04:38:43 pm by courty61 »
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67217 on: December 22, 2021, 04:37:30 pm »
Stupid question, me and my dad caught it at the same time and have been isolating together in the house. With the change of rules about leaving isolation early we did LFTs earlier, mine came back negative but my dad is still positive. Do we now need to stay away from eachother?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67218 on: December 22, 2021, 04:59:46 pm »
Stupid question, me and my dad caught it at the same time and have been isolating together in the house. With the change of rules about leaving isolation early we did LFTs earlier, mine came back negative but my dad is still positive. Do we now need to stay away from eachother?

Wouldn't think so. Your immune system is still on high alert fighting off covid, so you're extremely unlikely to pick it up so soon again. I would keep doing a LFT every day though just in case.

Imo, the LFTs are good at showing if you're infectious, whereas the PCRs are good at showing if you're infected.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67219 on: December 22, 2021, 05:03:16 pm »
Omicron has peaked in London. Case numbers not as good as recently, but still better than we might have feared a couple of weeks ago

Not sure it actually has, or if people have just stopped testing...

Impossible to tell obviously.

The same drop, when a continued rise was expected, seems quite common. Always wonder if it's to do with people self-policing once the increase in cases hits the news. Just things like wearing masks more, not going out, staying further away from others.

In any case, lets hope the downward trend continues!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67220 on: December 22, 2021, 05:16:34 pm »
Not sure it actually has, or if people have just stopped testing...

Impossible to tell obviously.

The same drop, when a continued rise was expected, seems quite common. Always wonder if it's to do with people self-policing once the increase in cases hits the news. Just things like wearing masks more, not going out, staying further away from others.

In any case, lets hope the downward trend continues!

That's the biggest fear I have, that people are not testing. I've already heard some say they won't bother doing it. It's completely insane. Finger's crossed though that it is maybe better than first feared. Time will tell I guess.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67221 on: December 22, 2021, 05:36:19 pm »
Wouldn't think so. Your immune system is still on high alert fighting off covid, so you're extremely unlikely to pick it up so soon again. I would keep doing a LFT every day though just in case.

Imo, the LFTs are good at showing if you're infectious, whereas the PCRs are good at showing if you're infected.
thanks for that. I phoned 119 earlier as well to be sure and the woman on the phone seemed pretty certain it'd be fine. Just suddenly panicking once those results came back!

Cheers :)

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67222 on: December 22, 2021, 06:00:56 pm »
I have felt really rough the last few days. Today marks a week since our booster. and the last time I have left the house. Slept like a log all day yesterday, My issue is where the hell is all this green mucus cough/runny mucus from the nose coming from? My sides hurt a bit from all the mucus coughing.  Its like a lake. At least today I have managed to get up and am sitting at the computer. My pharmacist said to take paracetamol and lay low for a few more days. Cannot get though to my GP as he is hiding is his covid bunker. They just refer you to 119 and don't seem willing to help at all my GP I mean. I feel a little btter overall I guess.

It sounds like you've got a cold - not sure what you are expecting the GP to do about it?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #67223 on: December 22, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
It sounds like you've got a cold - not sure what you are expecting the GP to do about it?

He's disabled, and also cares for his Mum.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67224 on: December 22, 2021, 06:02:38 pm »

You shouldn't need to see a GP for a heavy cold (if not Covid) but give 119 a call as decent folk on there

Make sure you are testing daily if you can though 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #67225 on: December 22, 2021, 06:10:47 pm »

I was a bit hesitant to reply earlier on because I'm not sure if my experience had anything to do with the booster or not. I'll relate it anyway.

A few weeks ago (a Wednesday) I was working in the garden until late. Making a log reindeer  ::) Anyway, I ended up working well after dark and in the rain too. It was chilly, but due to exerting myself I was sweating. Later on, I felt grotty. On the Friday I had a Pfizer booster after previously having two AZ jabs. I still felt a bit grotty over the weekend, but by Tuesday I had a killer sore throat, had lost my voice and I was coughing up blobs of thick green/yellow stuff. Blowing my nose was like emptying my sinuses of blobs of blood and also that same green/yellow stuff. Covid tests were negative and no one around me went down with anything either. I had no aches or anything, and it wasn't like the Covid I did have in August/September. It was top of my chest to my nose that was affected.

Was it reaction to the booster or just coincidence? I have no idea. I'm only putting it out there because it sounds similar to your own experience. I just took paracetamol and stayed in bed or under a blanket on the couch. I've started going out again when I have to now, but I still cough up the odd blob of greenery, although I've improved an awful lot.

It felt different to colds I've had previously, so that can be disconcerting when a new Covid variant is about and you've also just had a vaccine jab in cold and flu season. I was 99.9% sure it wasn't Covid again in my own case, but the possibility still played with my mind.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better again very soon. It sounds like you are over the worst of it. Take care, Scouse.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:19:05 pm by Son of Ebenezer »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67226 on: December 22, 2021, 06:29:57 pm »
Latest report from imperial.  Lots of reason to be positive here (but not a reason to celebrate.). They’ve managed to filter the effects of prior infection and vaccinations and work out the relative severity of omicron.

15-20% less likely to need hosp care with omicron v delta
if you’ve had covid before, 50-60% less likely
BUT risk of hosp same for delta & omicron if you’ve had just 2 vax

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/report-50-severity-omicron/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:31:42 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67227 on: December 22, 2021, 06:35:57 pm »
I was a bit hesitant to reply earlier on because I'm not sure if my experience had anything to do with the booster or not. I'll relate it anyway.

A few weeks ago (a Wednesday) I was working in the garden until late. Making a log reindeer  ::) Anyway, I ended up working well after dark and in the rain too. It was chilly, but due to exerting myself I was sweating. Later on, I felt grotty. On the Friday I had a Pfizer booster after previously having two AZ jabs. I still felt a bit grotty over the weekend, but by Tuesday I had a killer sore throat, had lost my voice and I was coughing up blobs of thick green/yellow stuff. Blowing my nose was like emptying my sinuses of blobs of blood and also that same green/yellow stuff. Covid tests were negative and no one around me went down with anything either. I had no aches or anything, and it wasn't like the Covid I did have in August/September. It was top of my chest to my nose that was affected.

Was it reaction to the booster or just coincidence? I have no idea. I'm only putting it out there because it sounds similar to your own experience. I just took paracetamol and stayed in bed or under a blanket on the couch. I've started going out again when I have to now, but I still cough up the odd blob of greenery, although I've improved an awful lot.

It felt different to colds I've had previously, so that can be disconcerting when a new Covid variant is about and you've also just had a vaccine jab in cold and flu season. I was 99.9% sure it wasn't Covid again in my own case, but the possibility still played with my mind.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better again very soon. It sounds like you are over the worst of it. Take care, Scouse.

The vaccine is making your immune system work. So any other infection you get on to of that will activate it even more. That can make you feel especially lousy.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67228 on: December 22, 2021, 06:41:23 pm »
thinking about it, had similar since my booster on 10th December, runny nose, bit of a cough and bit of mucus, not stopping me from doing anything but constantly having to blow nose. I put it down to winter sniffles and LFT showed as clear but it has been since I had the Moderna booster. Might not be related of course, symptoms have eased off today too which is good
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67229 on: December 22, 2021, 06:46:40 pm »
The vaccine is making your immune system work. So any other infection you get on to of that will activate it even more. That can make you feel especially lousy.
It seems like that was the case for me.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67230 on: December 22, 2021, 06:50:43 pm »
@ Son of Ebenezer thank you for your very informative and reassuring post. My worry is more so for my elderly mother. We look after each other. We sleep in opposite ends of  bedroom with distance for example. She gets up loads at night to go too the loo and she just feels more reassured that I am near her so she does not fail or anything. You wear a mask but your still in the same bubble and so you worry. The same goes for her with me making sure I am comfortable or she needs something at night etc especially the last few days with this cold or whatever it is?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67231 on: December 22, 2021, 06:57:11 pm »
@ Son of Ebenezer thank you for your very informative and reassuring post. My worry is more so for my elderly mother. We look after each other. We sleep in opposite ends of  bedroom with distance for example. She gets up loads at night to go too the loo and she just feels more reassured that I am near her so she does not fail or anything. You wear a mask but your still in the same bubble and so you worry. The same goes for her with me making sure I am comfortable or she needs something at night etc especially the last few days with this cold or whatever it is?

I understand your worries. I've read with interest your posts throughout this entire pandemic. I can only imagine how tough it's been for you and your Mum. It warms my heart to hear how you look after each other, it really does. I hope you have as good a Christmas as you can. All the best to your good self and your Mum.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67232 on: December 22, 2021, 07:06:44 pm »
Thank you! Went down to Alder Hey and now have a dose of Pfizer coursing through my veins.

glad you are now boosted. All the very best to you.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67233 on: December 22, 2021, 07:16:13 pm »
Interesting paper from Edinburgh university

https://www.pure.ed.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/245818096/Severity_of_Omicron_variant_of_concern_and_vaccine_effectiveness_against_symptomatic_disease.pdf

Basically, 2/3rds reduction in hospitalisation compared to delta.

Boosters doing a fine job.

If you’re triple jabbed, you’ve little need to worry.

I think back to the days of washing food as it entered the house last April, we’re not there yet, but we’ve come a long way
W

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #67234 on: December 22, 2021, 07:19:28 pm »

Also

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67235 on: December 22, 2021, 07:38:15 pm »
I still haven't seen anything in the London hospitalisation data that would look massively worrying in normal times, maybe more a concern at the moment whether a combination of staff absences through Covid and the NHS struggling generally after "running hot" for nearly 2 years, have significantly reduced our ability to deal with any upswing in cases.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67236 on: December 22, 2021, 07:54:56 pm »
Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post. Its somewhat reassuring regarding data of recent double jabs. Still a concern for my ma, who will be aware that if shes positive, it puts Christmas day up in the air. This fucking thing...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67237 on: December 22, 2021, 08:42:04 pm »
Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post. Its somewhat reassuring regarding data of recent double jabs. Still a concern for my ma, who will be aware that if shes positive, it puts Christmas day up in the air. This fucking thing...

I feel for you, it's a lousy time for all this to happen, but it does look as though the vaccines are doing their job and that's at least encouraging.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67238 on: December 22, 2021, 08:47:28 pm »
If you look at specimen date (I should have done this before 4pm to see change!)

If you wanted to see how long it takes the data to come through, I looked a while back (I think last winter), and on average compared to the final total, it was around 20% after 1 day, 80% after 2 days, 95% after 3 and 98% after 5.

I don't know if the pattern still holds exactly the same, and there are always some variances day to day, but gives you a rough idea.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67239 on: December 22, 2021, 10:09:45 pm »
Glad that you're alright Lobo :)

So being a leftist to you means wishing death on your political enemies who weren't even governing you? Solidarity in action! Not getting vaccinated at his age is stupid but it doesn't justify celebrating him laying dead either.
I wasn't celebrating, but I save my pity for other people. So I won't judge nature doing what it did. The AfD would happily go for a fourth Reich tomorrow if we let them. There should not be solidarity with any of them, have you heard what their members say at rallies and seen who their bedfellows are and witnessed the way they behave and speak in the German parliaments? And a political enemy does not need to govern in order to do a lot of damage. Check out at what Frottage and his ilk are responsible for; never even came near government, but still had influence across the board and we all know where that has led.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:32:17 pm by lamad »