Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429512 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3720 on: May 18, 2022, 03:40:25 pm »
With the current squad, chances are he will not make the team for the UCL final...

You can have 12 subs for the CL final, can't you?

Alisson, TAA, Konate, VVD, Robbo

Fab, Thiago, Hendo

Mane, Salah, Diaz

+Kelleher

Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas
Milner, Jones, Elliot, Keita
Origi, Bobby, Jota

So toss up between Ox and Taki...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 03:48:11 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3721 on: May 18, 2022, 04:18:32 pm »
You can have 12 subs for the CL final, can't you?

Alisson, TAA, Konate, VVD, Robbo

Fab, Thiago, Hendo

Mane, Salah, Diaz

+Kelleher

Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas
Milner, Jones, Elliot, Keita
Origi, Bobby, Jota

So toss up between Ox and Taki...

Yes its 12 subs and yea its 4 peopel competing for 3 spots as everyone bar Origi, Taki, Elliot and Ox are %100 guaranteed on the bench unless injured. Cant see him leaving out the 19 yr old up and comer or Origi who can possibly offer something different

Think Taki would get it over Ox imo for the simple fact Taki has contributed more to this season and looks like Ox is %100 on his way out, Taki also offers more flexibility as while I doubt hed get minutes he can play RW/LW/CM
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 04:20:47 pm by CanuckYNWA »

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3722 on: May 18, 2022, 04:24:44 pm »
oh, 2 subs, cool!
Takumi will be in Paris then!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #3723 on: May 18, 2022, 04:27:00 pm »
Was the hero of the domestic cups, and has just scored a huge goal in the title race. Very interesting to see how hes utilized next year.
Seen us win everything

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3724 on: May 18, 2022, 04:40:40 pm »

'今シーズン🔟ゴール目🤩  おめでとう🙌' - https://twitter.com/lfcjapan/status/1526642742482305025

^ love that. Very cool.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: May 18, 2022, 04:50:00 pm »
Not every player can slot in like a Diaz, but the fact that Taki just stepped into the side like that more or less cold and put in that performance shows how bloody hard he must be working in training and behind the scenes.

I don't know if enough opportunities are going to open up for him next season that it's in his interest to stay, but I really hope we can offer him an expanded role on his way to cementing his place in the squad.

He is a big part of the reason we have two trophies in the bag this year, and why our rivals and competitors are suffering sleepless nights over the quad. This is what you can accomplish with true squad depth, rather than a mish-mash of youth, fringe and utility players. Everyone has a role, and everyone is good enough to play their role.

Milly said on Sky last night about how hard all the lads who don't normally play work their bollocks off every day in training so that they are ready for games. He was saying the dedication and application is superb and what a quality group we have right now at the club.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: May 18, 2022, 06:19:41 pm »
Milly said on Sky last night about how hard all the lads who don't normally play work their bollocks off every day in training so that they are ready for games. He was saying the dedication and application is superb and what a quality group we have right now at the club.
Owen made an interesting point (I know, weird, eh) about players who are on the periphery who do everything right - eat, sleep, train, follow instructions, keep a good attitude, etc etc - and are told 50 times a season (in our case) "sorry, you're not in the team tomorrow".

he said it's one of the hardest things to do.

and then, good news! you're told "you start tomorrow" great!

but then: "I'm making 9 changes" you think "WTF, the whole team is stone cold, like me, and you want me to perform??"

the mentality of our squad is bloody amazing. HUGE credit to Joe, Curtis, Harvey, Taki.

Especially Taki imo. we got to 2 Cup Finals because of him and he didn't play a minute in either final, but last night he played great and scored the goal that pushed us on to win.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3727 on: May 18, 2022, 08:20:40 pm »
From Michael Reid (Opta):

Best mins/goal for Premier League clubs in all competitions this season (1,000+ mins):

⭐Takumi Minamino - 101⭐
Riyad Mahrez - 120
Eddie Nketiah - 128
Jamie Vardy - 129
Mo Salah - 130
Cristiano Ronaldo - 133

Doesn't Opta require the use of a silly one word summation like: "Sniper" or "Efficient" or "Samurai"?
If you look there is a silly word at the end - well two of them. Just before the - 133
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3728 on: May 18, 2022, 08:26:51 pm »
'今シーズン🔟ゴール目🤩  おめでとう🙌' - https://twitter.com/lfcjapan/status/1526642742482305025

^ love that. Very cool.

Love it.

I'm getting his name tattoed on my foot in Japanese characters if we win the quad ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3729 on: May 19, 2022, 05:24:13 am »
Please stay, Taki!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3730 on: May 19, 2022, 05:50:26 am »
From Liverpool FC official Facebook page, "Relive all 10 of Taki's goals so far this season".

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=583353996260800
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: May 19, 2022, 09:41:07 am »
Drury is a poet, his commentary for the Taki goal vs Southampton was majestic.

"On a night of obligation, out of the shadows has stepped Takumi Minamino to score for Klopp and the Kop."

Big fan of Taki's finishing and glad he is getting the platform to shine.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: May 19, 2022, 10:59:36 am »
I mean 10 goals for a bit part player.  It really is remarkable.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: May 19, 2022, 06:00:57 pm »

"On a night of obligation, out of the shadows has stepped Takumi Minamino to score for Klopp and the Kop."

no idea what that even means ......

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3734 on: May 19, 2022, 08:04:52 pm »
no idea what that even means ......
The Drury's out on that one
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: May 19, 2022, 09:53:37 pm »

ohh....no.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3736 on: May 20, 2022, 12:12:59 am »
I'm Beglin-ing to see that.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: May 20, 2022, 12:21:22 am »
I mean 10 goals for a bit part player.  It really is remarkable.

Yeah, he’s scored some important cup goals this season.

He scored the two in the 2-1 fa cup win over Norwich and the equaliser against Leicester in the QF of the league cup.

Then possibly an even more important League goal, depending on Sunday’s results.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3738 on: May 20, 2022, 05:15:12 am »
Personally I hope we don’t sell him in the Summer especially at the fee going around of £17m

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3739 on: May 20, 2022, 07:55:33 am »

It’s gone a touch unnoticed but Drury’s form has been unreal this season.

He used to be shite on PES.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: May 20, 2022, 08:13:20 am »
Personally I hope we don’t sell him in the Summer especially at the fee going around of £17m

I like watching him play, he is doing the business. A bit more game intelligence and confidence and he is dynamite. He is improving and is starting to fit nicely into this Klopp side. Love what he has achieved so far. Would like to see more of him. Plays his best footy when he gets in the box, what a finisher.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:14:57 am by red1977 »

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3741 on: May 20, 2022, 08:22:44 am »
Good touch, decent strength, comfortable with both feet, hardworking, and great finishing. Not much more you can ask for. I feel the only thing that has held him back from really taking off literally is his lack of pace or acceleration. He doesn't quite have the burst needed to create space or beat defenders, which is why he might be more suited to a slower league. But he's a great option to have around if he doesn't mind being a squad player.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3742 on: May 20, 2022, 08:24:00 am »
It’s gone a touch unnoticed but Drury’s form has been unreal this season.

He used to be shite on PES.

Also starts to repeat himself after a while.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: May 20, 2022, 08:58:15 am »
Drury is a blockhead

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: May 20, 2022, 12:00:12 pm »

would sell him in a heartbeat for that - part of it being that I don't believe he wants to be a squad player only.

next season would be the same - a bunch of cup games and maybe 1-2 PL starts. I suppose there is some value to that - but I feel like we can do well to take the money and use it elsewhere.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: May 20, 2022, 02:01:31 pm »
would sell him in a heartbeat for that - part of it being that I don't believe he wants to be a squad player only.

next season would be the same - a bunch of cup games and maybe 1-2 PL starts. I suppose there is some value to that - but I feel like we can do well to take the money and use it elsewhere.
generally agree but ... 5 subs .... for me if he's happy to stay, keep him!

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3746 on: May 20, 2022, 02:07:30 pm »
I think goals are golden, and here we have a fantastic ice cool finisher.
I think acceleration, pace, is not as lacking in him as one may think. I remember him being super quick and elusive when we played Salzburg. So maybe a confidence thing, to some extent,  although of course the PL may be quicker and more physical too.

But goals. Hes got 10!
Not easy to get someone who can get those easily.

If Leeds want to buy him, start at €30Mn. Thats less than Joey Linton. I think same as Rodrigo and James (both of whom hardly score).

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: May 20, 2022, 02:07:51 pm »
generally agree but ... 5 subs .... for me if he's happy to stay, keep him!

That's the thing isn't it, we can manage Mo and Sadios minutes a lot better if we can bring them off late on in games and we know Taki can score goals and works his nuts off for the team.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: May 20, 2022, 02:08:35 pm »
I think goals are golden, and here we have a fantastic ice cool finisher.
I think acceleration, pace, is not as lacking in him as one may think. I remember him being super quick and elusive when we played Salzburg. So maybe a confidence thing, to some extent,  although of course the PL may be quicker and more physical too.

But goals. Hes got 10!
Not easy to get someone who can get those easily.

If Leeds want to buy him, start at €30Mn. Thats less than Joey Linton. I think same as Rodrigo and James (both of whom hardly score).
a certain Mr. Fowler would agree.

Offline Bejean

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3749 on: May 25, 2022, 06:21:17 pm »
That's the thing isn't it, we can manage Mo and Sadios minutes a lot better if we can bring them off late on in games and we know Taki can score goals and works his nuts off for the team.

Well said. we should not sell him and do not need to sell him.
Emotional fragility cannot be tolerated if we are to reclaim a place as a domestic power

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3750 on: May 26, 2022, 10:41:31 pm »
I love having Taki in the squad. He’s now learnt how we play and contributes uniquely to cup games. I think we’d be making a mistake to accept anything less than £25m to £30m for him
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: May 27, 2022, 12:09:18 am »
Well said. we should not sell him and do not need to sell him.

But Klopp has said time and again he will not keep a player that doesnt want to be here

Taki may want to leave to get regular minutes before the World Cup this winter, simple as.

I doubt we want to lose him with us losing Origi already and possibly another original front 3.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: May 29, 2022, 06:48:33 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that instead of replacing mane with another striker, we should give a bigger role to Taki and reforce the attacking midfield instead?

EDIT: Im not thinking Minamino replacing Mane but him acting as the fifth striker behind Salah Jota Diaz and Firmino. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:51:24 pm by alvaro »

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: May 29, 2022, 07:02:25 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that instead of replacing mane with another striker, we should give a bigger role to Taki and reforce the attacking midfield instead?

EDIT: Im not thinking Minamino replacing Mane but him acting as the fifth striker behind Salah Jota Diaz and Firmino.

I think that will depend on Taki. He will want to be playing a lot more than he has, with Japan going to the World Cup and all. I don't think he's quite at the level where he starts week in week out and drives us toward CL League or EPL success to be honest.

I suspect our wisest bet is to keep him if he'll stay, but look for a Salah replacement and bring in a complete forward that can take over from Bobby.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3754 on: May 29, 2022, 07:29:03 pm »
We dont need him to start week in week out but we do need him to take the load Firmino had this season. Lets put it otherwise , he played 11 league games this season, do we feel confortable if he plays 20 league games (the vast majority of them from the bench)?  I understand that lower league opposition isnt the same as playing West Ham or Wolves but I do feel he at least earned a bigger role from this season with no Mane or Origi. I think we need stronger reinforcements on other positions.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #3755 on: June 21, 2022, 09:07:16 am »
cheeky little bugger, sounds like he's having a bit of a goodbye dig in his latest quotes. 

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3756 on: June 21, 2022, 09:42:09 am »
Not much of a dig, just frustration really.  Can understand it, he wants to play.

Many of the games I played weren’t of interest to anyone.  Even if I left the results, there wasn’t much response. I was trying to inspire myself to prove my worth. I was doing personal training other than team training.

I was thinking that I would leave something behind when I went to the match mentally. I felt motivated by regret and anger every day. I’ve never had this much time as a player. It was difficult to maintain the condition and connect with my feelings.

But it was a season that seemed to have grown. It was disappointing but fulfilling. At the same time, it makes sense to play an important game and leave a result, so it is said that I got out and got a result, but I do not think it was a big deal. I want to do my best to be a player who can produce results in important games.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: June 21, 2022, 10:00:23 am »
Not much of a dig, just frustration really.  Can understand it, he wants to play.

Not just play, but play in what are perceived to be important games. His goals however were very important in us winning both cups last season, but I get what he means, he wants to play in vital league and CL games.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #3758 on: June 21, 2022, 02:05:15 pm »
Think the cup games were his 'level' and if we get £17mill then thanks very much and good luck!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3759 on: June 21, 2022, 05:01:22 pm »
The bit about the games not being of much interest or getting much response is a strange one - it's been pretty well documented and appreciated how he was top cup goal scorer and pretty much got us to the finals.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."