Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people  (Read 106019 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
« Reply #720 on: March 17, 2023, 05:31:33 pm »
Episode 1, 29 mins in. "I couldn't even understand what he was saying. This guy clearly knew what he was talking about." I lost it :lmao :lmao
Stop! You are making me want to watch it now. >:(
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: March 17, 2023, 07:51:09 pm »
watched it last week.

its basically conspiracy theories around what happened.

The american journalists theory about Russia is just bizarre. They went to all that trouble to disguise their invasion of crimea in 2014. makes very little sense and seems to be based on the fact that there were 3 passengers of russian descent on board and one was sited next to the hatch to the control room.

However, while i feel the official version of events is the likely scenario i.e. that the pilot took the plane on a southward route into the Indian ocean until it ran out of fuel, the french journalists theory does seem somewhat more plausible to me than the others guys theory about russia being involved.

i mean the plane could well have been shot down and a cover up staged. she is basing this theory on the presence of some mystery cargo that was being carried on board that was potentially sensitive electronic equipment desired by the Chinese and which the US could not let them get their hands on.  The german man who lost his family add some weight to this theory by stating that some agent he met told him that there were two US air force AWACS in the area where the Malaysian airlines 777 disappeared at the time. Not sure why he would make something like that up. I also question how the american explorer found so much debris from the plane. But what makes me wonder most about this theory, is the fact that the other Malaysian airlines boeing 777 was shot down by Russia just 3 months later. Seems like an awful coincidence doesnt it. Could it have been Russia saying, we know what you did?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #722 on: March 17, 2023, 10:21:21 pm »
I would give as much weight to the their ‘the Russians did’ theory as I would to the Americans doing it ie zero weight, it’s complete bullshit.

AWACs are not small or stealthy planes that you can easily hide two of them, then you have the Imersat ping data that carries on for hours afterwards (the French journalist decided they were in on it too with no evidence) you have Malaysian military radar picking up the plane after the turn to the left, someone’s phone (I think it was the co-pilot’s) briefly made contact with a phone mast after the plane had taken the left turn too. But the biggest hole in that theory is the lack of debris in the area where the Americans supposedly shot the plane down. Some of it would have got washed up on the coasts of Malaysia and Vietnam by now if that’s where it was shot down spread over a wide area and been impossible for the Americans to have collected it all (especially smaller fragments) without anyone noticing them doing it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: March 18, 2023, 06:27:52 am »
Out of the three as much as I am a skeptic. Murder suicide by the pilot is my first punt that I would willingly enter discourse and the Americans are the second where I would use the phrase "yeah it could be true but come on why would they do that". But then, we have well documented behavior on how non-American loss of life, their local culture shift and consequences of American actions is irrelevant to the US government throughout time for their own gains. Russians on the other hand, I ain't calling them angels but they never caught the first metro for colonialism to establish themselves around the world, What are they doing in that part of the world? But again no debris? So it makes so no sense for the plane to be shot down there + Vietnam/Malaysia/Thailand would capture 3 planes flying so close to each other.

Coming back to the topic, the plane ultimately needs to be examined post the turn in Malacca. India has a naval+air force base in the Andamans so I would assume it did not go North from that point (rendering the dumb Russian take moot unsurprisingly from an American) else they would have called it out considering their non alignment movement of not being a coward to the big powers that they keep doing. The main takeaway for me is that Malaysia made a huge mistake waiting 4 hours doing nothing and then were obviously clueless for every moment after that considering most important maneuvers happened in their air space.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 07:04:54 am by shank94 »
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: March 18, 2023, 09:31:43 am »
Not watched the final episode yet but found it funny how America always has to be the centre of the world. Even for a plane that went missing on the other side of the planet.

The American investigator clearly lost the plot with his theory, if you can call it that, that the Russians took control of the plane with a laptop from the electric bay. I mean even after he knows it’s been ridiculed he still happily parrots it all out again as a credible theory.

Reminds me a bit of this Nicola Bulley case recently, when there is a big mystery you will get hundreds of wild theories from armchair detectives all without much or any evidence.

Unbelievably sad for the families who must be desperate for answers which they may not get.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: March 18, 2023, 09:50:26 am »
The following article is an excellent summary of the events and discusses the various theories as to what happened (ultimately determining that murder-suicide by Captain Zaharie is the only logical and quite convincing explanation). I'd recommend reading, it's a really nicely put together article.
https://admiralcloudberg.medium.com/call-of-the-void-seven-years-on-what-do-we-know-about-the-disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-77fa5244bf99
As others have said that is a long but fascinating read. Thank you.

There's few known facts I suppose but from everything in that article relating to facts I found these two lines contradictory:-

“The debris itself also showed some evidence of a high-energy impact, as a couple of the parts came from inside the cabin and were seriously mangled, including the frame of a seat-back TV screen, and part of a closet door”.

“The fact that the flaperon (as well as several other pieces) were relatively intact also suggested that the energy of the impact couldn’t have been especially great”.

But this could be an explanation.....

In 2021, two new mechanical analyses of the flaperon and a spoiler (recovered in August 2020) concluded that both control surfaces had likely separated in flight due to structural flutter after the plane exceeded its maximum speed. The reason they were so intact while most of the other parts weren’t might have been that they didn’t hit the water with the rest of the plane.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: March 18, 2023, 07:08:55 pm »
Not watched the final episode yet but found it funny how America always has to be the centre of the world. Even for a plane that went missing on the other side of the planet.

They've been more than active on the other side of planet for it to be funny to be fair  ;)
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: March 19, 2023, 12:45:10 pm »
They've been more than active on the other side of planet for it to be funny to be fair  ;)

True  ;D

Watched the final episode and yeah the conspiracy shit just gets worse. That french journo is shocking in all of her bullshit all based on the flimsiest of tedious links. The guy who found some of the wreckage also getting linked to be a Russian spy, fucks sake.

All of the factual evidence basically has it going down in the south Indian ocean. Why it did seems to be something that will never be found out and the biggest mystery which will be agonising for the families.