Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4006547 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread
« Reply #42960 on: March 12, 2022, 03:02:51 pm »
50 today so i am officially an auld arse,

Who'll tell him about the initiation ceremony where he has to prostate himself and tell porkies?
Kill the humourless

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #42961 on: March 12, 2022, 03:06:01 pm »
Who'll tell him about the initiation ceremony where he has to prostate himself and tell porkies?

That was not a thing?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42962 on: March 14, 2022, 04:23:40 am »
Colour?  Bleeding colour?

Luxury!!

When I were a lad back in '56, a Yank dating me Auntie brought a comic book over.  First colour kids book I ever saw other than the annuals we used to get of the Beano, Dandy, Lion, Eagle. All our weekly
shite was B/W.

The Yank gave me a 10c coin (a dime) tiny thing the size of a f'arthing, was all it cost.  Amazing.

Still got the annuals.  Funniest bit was the cowboy baddie riding away from the goodie yelling over his shoulder "You SHAN'T catch me!"

Must have been a dead posh cowie then.  Either that or the author was goin' to night school to learn English - and got carried away altogether.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #42963 on: March 15, 2022, 02:40:42 am »
Gun smoke, Mr Dillon and Chester. Sea quest (Lloyd Bridges) and Ivanhoe (Roger Moore) we’re the only things that we get me away from playing on a bombsite.

Ivanhoe, I forgot about him. Nice one.

No-one mentioned William Tell, with that fat @rse baddy always eating a turkey leg, grease dripping down his double chin. A cross between Jabba the Hut & Joe Chippy T!ts Anderson. Did anyone else try spliiting an apple on their brothers head with a home-made cross bow?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 02:43:20 am by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42964 on: March 15, 2022, 06:59:18 pm »
Ivanhoe, I forgot about him. Nice one.

No-one mentioned William Tell, with that fat @rse baddy always eating a turkey leg, grease dripping down his double chin. A cross between Jabba the Hut & Joe Chippy T!ts Anderson. Did anyone else try spliiting an apple on their brothers head with a home-made cross bow?

Well I did! See above. ;D Lansburger Gessler was the Joe Anderson of his day.

Talking Pictures TV regularly show series from the 50s and 60s. Saturday morning features Hawkeye, Zorro and other favourites of that era.

The Horror Channel have just started showing reruns of ‘The Prisoner’. That was definitely written, directed and acted on acid.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42965 on: March 22, 2022, 09:24:30 pm »
Hello Grandad's...Don't kill me!  :D

Keep an eye out for this documentary coming up soon from BT Sport.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙩 𝙍𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝘽𝙤𝙮𝙨- Tuesday 5th April | 10:30pm | BT Sport 3 HD

Here's the trailer.  I made a thread for it on the main board too.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1506315115880140804

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42966 on: March 23, 2022, 05:22:23 am »
^ nice one, When I was 18 my youth team got to play at Anfield and we got changed in the home dressing room, but I don't think we got to see the boot room, it was probably locked anyway, a good thing because we were robbing bastards and Rushie would have been looking for his Nike's on the Saturday  ;D

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #42967 on: March 23, 2022, 03:51:04 pm »
Had a little walk around town today, all the auld arse places where you get the best craic an that. Few large whites and a few good laughs. Thing was, I met an arl fella I recognised from Crocky on Slater St and felt dead sorry for him as he was talking about all his auld haunts disappearing.

He only gets out once a week now, jumping a bus into town instead of just a few pints every night in his old locals. Anyway I came home and her and the kids were out so I sat down and wrote a poem about him. I'm not averse to a verse but I'm no poet either but it kind of touched me heart that. It's that shite, William Macgonigall will turn in his grave but I had to do it!

THE LAST PUB IN LIVERPOOL                                                     

NOT EVERYTHING BACK THEN WAS PERFECT YOU KNOW

TIMES WERE HARD BUT WE HAD SOMEWHERE TO GO

FINISH YOUR WORK AND GO FOR A JAR

WITH YOUR MATES, YOUR BROTHERS YOUR MA AND YOUR DA

COME ON I’LL MUG YOU SAID YOUR MATE WITH A GRIN

DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT ME SHIPS JUST COME IN

THERE’D BE LAUGHING AND JOKING AND AMONGST THE DELIGHTS

PHILOSOPHERS PUTTING THE WORLD TO RIGHTS

PLOTS WERE HATCHED, DREAMS WERE SHARED

TALES WERE TOLD TO PEOPLE THAT CARED

NOW I SIT AT HOME WONDERING WHEN

I’LL EVER SEE ME ARL BUDDIES AGAIN

NO ONE TALKS OF THE REDS OR BLUES

I MISS ALL THE GOSSIP, HEARING THE NEWS

SO I LOOK DOWN THE ECHO TO SEE IF I’M DEAD

I’M DYING TO SEE WHAT ME EPITAPH SAID

THE BREWERS RAISED PRICES, THE SCALLS BURNED THEM DOWN

THERE’S NONE LEFT STANDING IN MY PART OF TOWN

AND I PRAY THAT MY SPIRIT HAS LONG LEFT THESE SHORES

WHEN THE LAST PUB IN LIVERPOOL CLOSES ITS DOORS

Thought for the day. A nice post from when this was a lively thread...
Victorious and glorious....

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42968 on: March 23, 2022, 06:54:53 pm »
Thought for the day. A nice post from when this was a lively thread...

Quote from: gobshoite on June 20, 2009, 06:10:30 pm
Had a little walk around town today, all the auld arse places where you get the best craic an that. Few large whites and a few good laughs. Thing was, I met an arl fella I recognised from Crocky on Slater St and felt dead sorry for him as he was talking about all his auld haunts disappearing.

He only gets out once a week now, jumping a bus into town instead of just a few pints every night in his old locals. Anyway I came home and her and the kids were out so I sat down and wrote a poem about him. I'm not averse to a verse but I'm no poet either but it kind of touched me heart that. It's that shite, William Macgonigall will turn in his grave but I had to do it!

THE LAST PUB IN LIVERPOOL                                                     

NOT EVERYTHING BACK THEN WAS PERFECT YOU KNOW

TIMES WERE HARD BUT WE HAD SOMEWHERE TO GO

FINISH YOUR WORK AND GO FOR A JAR

WITH YOUR MATES, YOUR BROTHERS YOUR MA AND YOUR DA

COME ON I’LL MUG YOU SAID YOUR MATE WITH A GRIN

DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT ME SHIPS JUST COME IN

THERE’D BE LAUGHING AND JOKING AND AMONGST THE DELIGHTS

PHILOSOPHERS PUTTING THE WORLD TO RIGHTS

PLOTS WERE HATCHED, DREAMS WERE SHARED

TALES WERE TOLD TO PEOPLE THAT CARED

NOW I SIT AT HOME WONDERING WHEN

I’LL EVER SEE ME ARL BUDDIES AGAIN

NO ONE TALKS OF THE REDS OR BLUES

I MISS ALL THE GOSSIP, HEARING THE NEWS

SO I LOOK DOWN THE ECHO TO SEE IF I’M DEAD

I’M DYING TO SEE WHAT ME EPITAPH SAID

THE BREWERS RAISED PRICES, THE SCALLS BURNED THEM DOWN

THERE’S NONE LEFT STANDING IN MY PART OF TOWN

AND I PRAY THAT MY SPIRIT HAS LONG LEFT THESE SHORES

WHEN THE LAST PUB IN LIVERPOOL CLOSES ITS DOORS

Bloody excellent matey.  You could be describing the decline of so many of the old community neighbourhoods of Manchester - all gone when they pulled down our very close-knit so-called "slum" neighbourhoods and buggered us all off to very far flung and different country places surrounding the outskirts of the city itself. Hattersley, Glossop, Heywood and Wythenshawe where we were shipped to and because the bastards shipped us all to very different estates like the rest of our neighbours in Ardwick, wherever they all ended up, none of us knew any bugger at all!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:04:54 pm by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42969 on: March 24, 2022, 09:41:50 am »

I`ve just read Billy Connolly`s autobiography Johnno, and it was the same story in Glasgow: tenements pulled down and entire neighbourhoods decanted to far flung new build estates on the edge of the city. Billy says there was no community because of the high rises and the fact that there were no amenities to begin with; no pubs, no cinemas or even social centres. And, surprise surprise the parts of town (Partick in his case) that were pulled down (and not replaced with flats like the Gorbals) are now sought after and have high-priced housing near the city centre. Working class pushed to the edge of town, middle class get relatively cheap (in those days) housing.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42970 on: March 26, 2022, 01:40:57 pm »
I`ve just read Billy Connolly`s autobiography Johnno, and it was the same story in Glasgow: tenements pulled down and entire neighbourhoods decanted to far flung new build estates on the edge of the city. Billy says there was no community because of the high rises and the fact that there were no amenities to begin with; no pubs, no cinemas or even social centres. And, surprise surprise the parts of town (Partick in his case) that were pulled down (and not replaced with flats like the Gorbals) are now sought after and have high-priced housing near the city centre. Working class pushed to the edge of town, middle class get relatively cheap (in those days) housing.

I read it at Christmas time just gone Killie mate. The Big Yin is a hero in our family so daughter number 1 bought it for me. I've followed the ever rising career of Billy since a fella in my local in Macclesfield back at the end of the 60's/early 70's brought some cassette tapes into the pub and we were all falling about laughing - once we'd translated into English like. . .  :P :P :P  Never forget that me!! Saw his 1st TV appearance on Parky with the legendary "burying the missis with her arse cheeks protruding above ground 'cos I had to have somewhere to park my bike" joke! A convert ever since and a very poignant coincidence it is that of all illnesses to afflict him, it had to be PARKINSON'S!! What's that about??

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fxontg0irEQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fxontg0irEQ</a>
Kill the humourless

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #42972 on: April 22, 2022, 03:19:30 pm »
Thought I’d post this in here in the hope that some of our older posters may see it.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352191.0#quickreply

If you have any recollections of previous FA Cup finals and don’t mind sharing them please PM me with details

Thanks
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Right.

I'm off.

Been quiet for a while, not much worth commenting about that wouldn't cause more mither than it was worth.

Whether it's the politics, Covid or the state of the world, this place isn't the pub it used to be.  It's become angry men shouting in the park, not congenial piss taking from fellow Reds.

Too many scumbags, warriors and WUMs on here now.

It was great fun, but it was just one of those things.  ;D

Tara. :wave

Just rewatched the Final.

How the fuck did we lose that match?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 11:37:56 am by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42974 on: October 24, 2022, 10:55:51 am »
Anybody still around? Turned 70 in the summer and wondering how the rest of you auld arses are keeping.
When in Rome...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42975 on: October 24, 2022, 05:58:55 pm »
Anybody still around? Turned 70 in the summer and wondering how the rest of you auld arses are keeping.
I'm still here, although some days I wonder why TF I read some of the damn threads.  WAY too many ppl in love with the sound of their own fucking keyboard.

had a cataract op last Monday, cannot believe the difference it makes!

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42976 on: October 24, 2022, 06:21:48 pm »
I'm still here, although some days I wonder why TF I read some of the damn threads.  WAY too many ppl in love with the sound of their own fucking keyboard.

had a cataract op last Monday, cannot believe the difference it makes!

I had a cataract op in May last year. Massive difference it made as the sight in one eye was only about colours and little definition. Waited a couple of months to get tested for new specs and was told that it was returning.  Now waiting for laser treatment. 🤬
When in Rome...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42977 on: October 24, 2022, 06:27:08 pm »
ah, jesus.  hard luck, mate.

that's pretty rare, from what I've read.

how long before the laser?

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42978 on: October 24, 2022, 06:41:39 pm »
No idea mate, I’m on the list is all I know. I got new specs after the op but noticed a bit of a blur still, they retested and told me the news. I’m still wearing my old specs until it’s sorted.
When in Rome...

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42979 on: October 25, 2022, 08:58:48 am »
I had a cataract op in May last year. Massive difference it made as the sight in one eye was only about colours and little definition. Waited a couple of months to get tested for new specs and was told that it was returning.  Now waiting for laser treatment. 🤬

I had both my eyes done about 5 years back. As you say the difference is immense. You just don't realise how bad your eyesight is progressively deteriorating.

Like you though, about 18 months later I started feeling that my vision was blurring again and not as vivid as it was in the months immediately following the ops. I took myself off to my friendly optician and as he explained it to me, sometimes they simply don't get all the cataract out during the op. Occasionally there's small fragments left behind, hence the need for the laser treatment. I was lucky in that I was seen within three months and I doubt that the process itself - totally painless - took more than 30 seconds each eye. Never had any trouble since - apart from never being able to find my reading glasses of course.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42980 on: November 14, 2022, 07:18:49 pm »
Thanks for the info. Still waiting to hear something from them , if the laser treatment works as well as you have experienced I’ll be happy.
When in Rome...

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42981 on: December 22, 2022, 01:33:46 pm »
Just popped in to wish those of you hanging in there a happy festive season and hopefully a brief visit from some of the auld arses. Take care and enjoy everyone.  :) :) :)
When in Rome...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #42982 on: December 22, 2022, 10:26:56 pm »
Just popped in to wish those of you hanging in there a happy festive season and hopefully a brief visit from some of the auld arses. Take care and enjoy everyone.  :) :) :)
All the John West to you and yours, mate.
All the John West to all my fellow and fellowesses on here as well.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42983 on: December 23, 2022, 04:30:10 pm »
I've just noticed Smithdown Andy is online. Hope you're OK mate. Long time no post :)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #42984 on: February 12, 2023, 10:52:40 am »
Syd Forever

Waters can sod off I reckon

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42985 on: February 12, 2023, 02:31:04 pm »
Syd Forever

He always did come across as being bitter.
As he gets older, he comes across as bitter, twisted, and deluded.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #42986 on: February 12, 2023, 05:37:16 pm »
Syd Forever

Which is the more insane now? The lunatic is smoking too much grass....

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42987 on: March 13, 2023, 10:07:54 am »
How are you all doing - hiding away on page 2 in the boozer.

Hope all is well with everyone, (everywhere, all at once ;D)
@Yvanicuzz

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #42988 on: March 13, 2023, 12:32:02 pm »
50 today so i am officially an auld arse,

Happy Birthday for a few days ago and you are exactly 12 days older than me.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42989 on: March 27, 2023, 08:04:53 am »
Right.

I'm off.

Been quiet for a while, not much worth commenting about that wouldn't cause more mither than it was worth.

Whether it's the politics, Covid or the state of the world, this place isn't the pub it used to be.  It's become angry men shouting in the park, not congenial piss taking from fellow Reds.

Too many scumbags, warriors and WUMs on here now.

It was great fun, but it was just one of those things.  ;D

Tara. :wave

Just rewatched the Final.

How the fuck did we lose that match?

Take care of yourself jambutty - you're right too about how this thread was a great craic once upon a time. I randomly drop in now and again just to see how many of the auld un's are still around. Almost always disappointed when I do. Miss the good craic of 15/20 years back.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:07:51 am by JohnnoWhite »

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42990 on: March 28, 2023, 11:50:45 am »
Take care of yourself jambutty - you're right too about how this thread was a great craic once upon a time. I randomly drop in now and again just to see how many of the auld un's are still around. Almost always disappointed when I do. Miss the good craic of 15/20 years back.

Nice to see you’re still in town Jonno. A great pity we don’t have the banter we used to but it’s always a bonus to see a familiar name post in here. Would be nice to see more of the odd post from people just to know they’re still hanging in there. Take care all.
When in Rome...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42991 on: March 28, 2023, 05:36:19 pm »

Jambutty has now been resurrected. Posted today about Trump.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42992 on: March 28, 2023, 09:11:35 pm »
Jambutty has now been resurrected. Posted today about Trump.
Was about to say that I've seen him pop up on a few different threads.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42993 on: March 28, 2023, 11:08:22 pm »
Was about to say that I've seen him pop up on a few different threads.

She’ll slap your chops for that! ;D

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42994 on: March 29, 2023, 04:06:04 pm »
She’ll slap your chops for that! ;D

Meat & 2 veg, mate.
Kill the humourless

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42995 on: March 31, 2023, 09:56:08 am »
Meat & 2 veg, mate.

And I thought that attractive young lady in your avatar was actually you.

Spoilt my day this has.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And I thought that attractive young lady in your avatar was actually you.

Spoilt my day this has.
Yer filthy swine.
Kill the humourless

• Legacy Fan
Yer filthy swine.

I’m a renowned copper bottomed pervert.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #42998 on: December 12, 2023, 10:36:44 pm »
Jesus, nothing on here since April.
They used to say you got your education on the Kop, I got a lot of mine from the Shankly boy thread.
The seeming demise of it and the passing/drifting off of many of its main contributors is a real stark reminder to me of how distant the old community on this site, and my love of football itself feels to me now.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42999 on: December 12, 2023, 10:41:09 pm »
Jesus, nothing on here since April.
They used to say you got your education on the Kop, I got a lot of mine from the Shankly boy thread.
The seeming demise of it and the passing/drifting off of many of its main contributors is a real stark reminder to me of how distant the old community on this site, and my love of football itself feels to me now.

It's a near death experience.

We're still here in the ether.  Hoovering ..... erm... hovering over Anfield.

Reply #43k!
Kill the humourless