Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399270 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5600 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:40 am »
Still in our hands lads.

Clyne just text me to say.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #5601 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:55 am »
That still doesn't answer what Clyne would have done to help us score a winning goal in either or both of those two drawn games?

Well... he would run down the wing, turn Chilwell inside out then meg McGuire on his way to calmly setting mane up with a pass across.

How the hell are you meant to answer that stupid question without going into some fantasy land, we would have had a right back playing right back. 🤦‍♂️ He could have hit a 40 yard screamer for all you know, what the hell is that question meant to prove?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5602 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:51 am »
Well... he would run down the wing, turn Chilwell inside out then meg McGuire on his way to calmly setting mane up with a pass across.

How the hell are you meant to answer that stupid question without going into some fantasy land, we would have had a right back playing right back. 🤦‍♂️ He could have hit a 40 yard screamer for all you know, what the hell is that question meant to prove?

So you admit that having Clyne would likely have no known effect on us winning those two games, right?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5603 on: February 11, 2019, 09:11:28 am »
Yes he has had injury problems but Clyne has played 10 games over the past 2 seasons scoring 0 goals and assisting 0 goals. How have we missed that player?

He played 1 decent game against a very ordinary Man Utd side. Hardly a bench mark for making the case for not loaning him out.

It’s done now so we need to move on from the conversation and focus on the players that are available to play and can influence the games we have left.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5604 on: February 11, 2019, 09:16:52 am »
So you admit that having Clyne would likely have no known effect on us winning those two games, right?

Is that what you read? 🤦‍♂️

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5605 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:23 am »
If Man City win the title, and they do it without Clyne in the team, it beats Leicester’s achievement for me.

Actually laughed out loud there. :D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5606 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:46 am »
Seriously ... we are still fretting over the draw against Leicester and West Ham?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5607 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:07 am »
10 days of this folks. I seriously recommend buying a book that teaches you how to learn crochet or something. Do yourself a Liverpool FC tea cosy.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5608 on: February 11, 2019, 09:21:34 am »
Is that what you read? 🤦‍♂️

That's what you said, right?

I asked how a right-back would help us score a second goal. You said you couldn't answer without getting into some "fantasy land". So I'm just assuming that you admit that having Clyne wouldn't have changed our fortunes up front, in all likelihood. Especially a right-back with a whole 5 goals and 10 assists in an 8 year career.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5609 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:08 am »
Pops back in to RAWK to gauge the mood. First page i glance and i see someone asking for bans for posters who mention a subject they do not like. El Lobo backing the request up. The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5610 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:19 am »
Clyne won't have won us the game on his own that's for sure, but maybe Milner and Hendo in the middle would have helped us create more chances or control the game better. We will never know so we move on. Two draws aren't a disaster anyway.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5611 on: February 11, 2019, 09:26:06 am »
That's what you said, right?

I asked how a right-back would help us score a second goal. You said you couldn't answer without getting into some "fantasy land". So I'm just assuming that you admit that having Clyne wouldn't have changed our fortunes up front, in all likelihood. Especially a right-back with a whole 5 goals and 10 assists in an 8 year career.

More to Football than just Assists and Goals my friend, Did Naby get any assists on Saturday?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5612 on: February 11, 2019, 09:27:03 am »
Clyne won't have won us the game on his own that's for sure, but maybe Milner and Hendo in the middle would have helped us create more chances or control the game better. We will never know so we move on. Two draws aren't a disaster anyway.

That's what i said in one of my previous posts, but PoP decided to ignore that part.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5613 on: February 11, 2019, 09:28:57 am »
That's what i said in one of my previous posts, but PoP decided to ignore that part.

Unless Milner and Henderson have turned to shit in the middle on here, wouldn't be surprised if it suited an agenda ;D.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5614 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:35 am »

Suitable answer? We played hendo at right back. The next match we had lallana and keita in the midfield and they got over run because one midfielder got injured playing right back and another one is now playing right back.

How is that not a logical answer, is the idea of playing players in their natural position lost on you?

Like I said, agree to disagree.

She/He has a habit of ignoring solid points in favour of hypotheticals

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5615 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:56 am »
More to Football than just Assists and Goals my friend, Did Naby get any assists on Saturday?

When you need to win a game, you need assists and goals.

And no - the game is all about goals. Always was.

Attack - Transition from Attack to Defence - Defence - Transition from Defence to Attack

That's the game. Anything else is overcomplication.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5616 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:40 am »

We could have played Camacho there, in that case. No?

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5617 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:12 am »
When you need to win a game, you need assists and goals.

And no - the game is all about goals. Always was.

Attack - Transition from Attack to Defence - Defence - Transition from Defence to Attack

That's the game. Anything else is overcomplication.

What Robbo’s stats? I consider him to be the best left back in the world so he must be hitting double figures

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5618 on: February 11, 2019, 09:35:08 am »
Wish Gary Neville would disappear up his own hole, fairly sick of his twisted opinion being splashed over every site and paper. An avarage footballer and shit manager giving advice to someone of Klopps caliber on how to win a league. He is a poisonous little bastard and listening to the sly digs from him and Tyler is getting worse the closer we get . To ram it down their throats in May will be a great feeling.They know we are just about to peak and are petrified of the thought of us mauling every team from now on in .

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5619 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:19 am »
What Robbo’s stats? I consider him to be the best left back in the world so he must be hitting double figures

Robertson has 2 less assists THIS SEASON ALONE than Clyne has in his entire career so far.

And for the record - 13 goals, 32 assists in the past 6.5 years.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5620 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:39 am »
Pops back in to RAWK to gauge the mood. First page i glance and i see someone asking for bans for posters who mention a subject they do not like. El Lobo backing the request up. The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

Thanks, you've been helpful, and don't in any way have a fragile ego. :)

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #5621 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:21 am »
Man how do you guys stay so positive? Our next 3 fixtures in the league are really tough as compared to City.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5622 on: February 11, 2019, 09:43:12 am »
Thanks, you've been helpful, and don't in any way have a fragile ego. :)
Fragile ego ? Nah, the irony made me laugh thats all.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5623 on: February 11, 2019, 09:45:03 am »
1 goal and 11 assists during our most successful 2 seasons in 5 years.

2 goals and 3 assists when we weren’t that great mostly over a 2 years period. Who knows what that number could have been had he been playing with Salah over his time.

Ones world class, undoubtedly. The other would have been a worse option than Jordan Henderson and James Milner in your mind.

Look, I can see and respect your point, I don’t agree but I can sympathise, surely there is a tiny bit of you that can see where I am coming from, hopefully a part that is willing to say agree to disagree and move on.

I was more annoyed with lallana in midfield to be honest, one I’m okay with but not two struggling midfielders and I seen Hendo injury as the reason for it... and Milner at rb that games as well.

Good talk 👍

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5624 on: February 11, 2019, 09:46:26 am »
Man how do you guys stay so positive? Our next 3 fixtures in the league are really tough as compared to City.

I think we're gonna beat the mancs personally. Going in overconfident against us is a recipe for disaster and I believe they are arrogant enough to do it at home. Everton will be a tough one as they will play the game of their lives knowing fully well that if they lose there's a chance we win the league. We have to beat tests like these if we want to win the league though. That's what champions are made of.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5625 on: February 11, 2019, 09:47:09 am »

This is the best team we have had in 30 years, without a doubt. We have challenged for the league properly just twice in those 30 years and unlike those two times, we have a club in the most healthiest position it has been, both on and off the field.

You cannot be anything other than positive. If we dont win it this season then we will challenge again next season.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5626 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:42 am »
Fragile ego ? Nah, the irony made me laugh thats all.

The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

If it's North Korea, are you Kim Il Sung? ;)

People are criticising each other, the side, howling at the moon, whatever. If you have a problem with another poster's contribution you're free to report that problem - there's a wee tool that lets you do that right in front of your eyes. The moderators aren't mind readers. Or message El Lobo and make friends with him or something. Maybe El Lobo will turn out to be the romantic partner of your dreams and you'll scamper off through a field of thistles into the sunset together.

If you're interested, maybe go and watch the Palin documentary on North Korea and see how much criticism there is there, even off the woman whose family was decimated by famine. This is a daft wee football website.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #5627 on: February 11, 2019, 09:49:01 am »
We are Redmen. It's in our DNA.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #5628 on: February 11, 2019, 09:59:51 am »
Seriously ... we are still fretting over the draw against Leicester and West Ham?
Yep. Perfection is the new expectation, didn’t you know? Perfectly reasonable.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5629 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:58 am »
Boys and girls. Knock off the personal stuff please.  :wave

(Myself included.)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5630 on: February 11, 2019, 10:06:02 am »
Also please don't post to ask for a ban. Think of that like waving an imaginary card at a referee. It's not cricket. Use the 'Report to Moderator' link at the bottom right of the post you're taking issue with.

That was a public service announcement, thank you very much for a very nice time.

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #5631 on: February 11, 2019, 10:20:01 am »
The performance of the weekend's was City's and they've had a great week.. so naturally all the plaudits and hyperbole will swirl around them until the next game.
It was all about us in December, it's all about them for now.
It'll be all about us again and so on.
There's little point in getting upset about what's been written on a game to game basis, it's just the nature of that business. Sensational headline & conclusion, click-bait and the rest.
Enjoy the good stuff and don't sweat the petty shite.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #5632 on: February 11, 2019, 10:30:52 am »

Played 26 games lost only once and acquired 65 points whilst only dropping 13 points all season.

That doesn't mean we'll win the next 3. We could lose them all. But if you can't have confidence in the team now then you probably never will do. We are playing at a level that surpasses what most of us have seen Liverpool teams do before.

The only fly in the ointment is that there's another team, arguably 2, playing at the same high level. It's this fact rather than our ability to perform and/or acquire points that is making people fret a little.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5633 on: February 11, 2019, 10:33:35 am »
Currently it’s still in our hands.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5634 on: February 11, 2019, 10:36:41 am »

Because we're better than every single team we're playing against.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #5635 on: February 11, 2019, 10:39:53 am »
This is the best team we have had in 30 years, without a doubt. We have challenged for the league properly just twice in those 30 years and unlike those two times, we have a club in the most healthiest position it has been, both on and off the field.

You cannot be anything other than positive. If we dont win it this season then we will challenge again next season.

Exactly what I keep telling myself.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5636 on: February 11, 2019, 10:42:24 am »
Currently it’s still in our hands.

And it would be with a draw at OT as well.
I don't really see that the next 3 games in the league are really hard.  If we are going to win the league or at least take the race to the last few games we will need to beat Watford at home and that lot at Woodison.  Can see no reason at all why we shouldn't be able to do that.
OGS has got the Mancs in very good form; to be honest I'll take a point in that game, and that is tough let's be honest, but 7 points in the next 3 games and it's still in our hands.
Equally Manchester City were of course superb yesterday no question but it's only a fortnight since they lost to Newcastle.  Who saw that coming?  There will be plenty of twists and turns and points dropped we don't expect by both sides (and Spurs if you consider them to be in the race) yet.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5637 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:19 am »
I was majorly pissed off after the West Ham game as it felt like one opportunity too many thrown away, the type which we may regret come May. How we perform and the results we pick up both affect my mood more than they probably should. But so be it.

What I'm struggling to relate to is the relentless amount of bed-wetting and fretting based on what Manchester City do to a team which isn't named Liverpool.

Sure, the way they are playing at times is impressive, but they don't get extra points for winning 6-0 compared to us winning 3-0. (Just the extra 'point' should it come down to goal-difference, which everyone knows they will end up ahead of us on now anyway.)

Sure, we could do with them dropping points against a big team sooner rather than later, but if we don't put in performances like we did at West Ham, we don't need them to.

We won on Saturday. We played very well on Saturday. Just enjoy that and focus on our football team. It's going to be a very, very long three-and-a-half month if you're focusing on them as well beyond the 90 minutes they play.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5638 on: February 11, 2019, 10:45:08 am »
Exactly what I keep telling myself.

All you can do is hope and expect your team to perform at the level it is capable of and thats it. There should not be a title expectation.

I moaned and whigned more than anyone when we were just battling out for fourth position because I feel we should be doing better than that.

Our squad is without doubt the second best after City and we have plenty of inprovement to come, what with our back four still very young and Fabinho and Naby Keita still fitting in. This season should not be the be all and end all.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5639 on: February 11, 2019, 10:46:38 am »
It's wide open. I was taken aback somewhat by City's 6-0 win yesterday but they could well thrown in another Newcastle or Palace. They have so many games to play.

We, meanwhile, have a game in hand and just need to keep doing our own thing. I think in previous title races I've always had a doubt, this one the only doubt is whether we are lucky enough because we are going to finish with a big, title winning points haul and the only thing that can stop us is City bettering it. If they do, fair play they have a huge squad and great players but for once I actually believe we're gonna do this one way or another.  :D