Author Topic: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50  (Read 50127 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50
« Reply #1120 on: January 9, 2019, 05:48:30 pm »
June/July playoffs to create the right numbers from the 92 clubs

July/August for the lower division teams left, introduce the Championship/Prem clubs in September, finish it up by the first week of December.
I think they would to introduce everybody in august then unless their moving league games January/end of season. This year league cup schedule is this
Round 1 was aug 14/15(first week of season) Round 2 was aug 28/29(all non European team in)then round 3 was sep 25/26(free weekday in Sep), round 4 was Oct 30/31(only free weekday in oct/Nov), Quarters are dec 18/19(free weekday that not holiday period in dec).
So yea Would be  if moved round 1 and 2 July/early august however team may be annoyed it during preseason.
So July/First week of august round 1, First week of season round 3, Round 4 last week in Aug(Move game for any team that has qualifying in Europe to do). Quarters first open weekday in sept, Semi change to a single leg with the free weekday during Oct/Nov, Final early Dec. That only way I could see it working.  Or could keep 2 legged semi and just keep the final date like the same but have to wait over a month for it. Something like only issue I can see with more august stuff is whoever is 6th/7th place/League cup winner start 3rd qualifying round in Europa and that likely 4 weekdays during august however that is only 1 team

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: January 11, 2019, 01:03:59 am »
Premier League teams shouldn't be in the League Cup as they're not part of the football league.  No premier league team takes that serious until the semi-final if even then.  What's the point?   You then have the one main domestic cup to play for, same as any other country.  Problem solved.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1122 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:33 am »
Premier League teams shouldn't be in the League Cup as they're not part of the football league.  No premier league team takes that serious until the semi-final if even then.  What's the point?   You then have the one main domestic cup to play for, same as any other country.  Problem solved.
I personally like the league cup and we've had a lot of success in it historically. I don't see the point in making it just for the football league or it just becomes a glorified lower league trophy like the Johnstones paint trophy but including championship. Either you get rid of it or you keep it as it is and I'm in favour of keeping it.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:04 am »
I personally like the league cup and we've had a lot of success in it historically. I don't see the point in making it just for the football league or it just becomes a glorified lower league trophy like the Johnstones paint trophy but including championship. Either you get rid of it or you keep it as it is and I'm in favour of keeping it.

Pretty sure a Prem team has won the FA Cup in all but 2 years since the PL was created?  Could be off but I believe that's the case.  So why not have a trophy that FL teams can actually win?  What's the point of them entering any Cup competition plus the more league games with less resources?  Also this isn't even the '90s anymore where only the league champion had CL footy which is a huge difference in the schedule now.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1124 on: January 11, 2019, 01:45:31 am »
Pretty sure a Prem team has won the FA Cup in all but 2 years since the PL was created?  Could be off but I believe that's the case.  So why not have a trophy that FL teams can actually win?  What's the point of them entering any Cup competition plus the more league games with less resources?  Also this isn't even the '90s anymore where only the league champion had CL footy which is a huge difference in the schedule now.
This is a fair point and yes I understand that championship clubs don't have a realistic chance of silverware and all(actually no lower league team has won the fa cup in the PL era two have reached the final) but if the league cup was changed in that way I doubt it would really have any importance to championship sides as the best teams in the league would probably be more interested in promotion anyway
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.