Author Topic: AC(squigglything)DC  (Read 39366 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: AC(squigglything)DC
« Reply #280 on: July 3, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »
See ya at Wembley tomorrow then ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 7, 2016, 12:48:02 pm »
Just blasting out some DC on me new headphones.

Started listening to the Australian version of Dirty Deeds I've had sat on Itunes for ages. Fuck me. WHAT an album!!

"There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'"  what a tune.  Angus guitar licks on "Squealer" are to die for.  I love big Brian Johnson but there will never be another like Bon.  Ride on! :'(

Even grabbed the artwork from the Aussie version and my Itunes is now spot on.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 7, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »
Squealer is an under rated masterpiece.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »
Squealer is an under rated masterpiece.

As is "Night Prowler"...

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2016, 11:31:10 pm »
As is "Ain't no fun, waiting round to be a millionaire"
We are Liverpool!

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2016, 11:33:55 pm »
Seen them for the first time in Sydney a few months back. Stadium gig, just such an awesome timeless band. The stamina of Angus would be incredible for any normal man never mind a man his age.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2016, 10:13:10 am »
As is "Night Prowler"...

One of my favourite songs.

The Bon Scott years are unparalleled for me.

Massive AC/DC fan and I love Johnson but the music just doesn't compare (barring Back in Black of course).

Love all the Scott stuff but Highway to Hell is a masterpiece of an album for me.

It really was the band stepping it up to the next level.

Is scary for me what they could have produced next if Scott hadn't died.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »
Gone shootin'

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2016, 06:35:22 pm »
Get your fuckin jumbo jet off my airport!!!!!!!!

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2016, 08:02:56 pm »
Bon Scott era is probably my favourite band. Highway To Hell is a classic, but Powerage is my favourite DC album. Lyrically it's Bon Scott's finest work. I love the Brian era, but it's very inconsistent after Flick Of The Switch (which is by far my favourite Brian Johnson album).

One thing that always bugged me about this band was their video archive. There are some really good quality videos of them in concert, but there's absolutely tons that have only ever surfaced in average to bad quality video or sound. Even some of the offically released 70's stuff is below par because it's all they could find. All hindsight, I suppose they never even thought of properly archiving their early stuff.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »
~
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2016, 10:29:39 am »

I fully agree. johnson can throw a party but Bon Scott could do so much more... It saddens me he went the way he did and never got to enjoy the effects of Highway to Hell. On the other hand, if he hadn't died who knows if they'd ever produced Back in Black...?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2016, 10:41:08 am »
The Easybeats to AC/DC: The Story of Aussie Rock

How family-run company Albert Music launched AC/DC on the world in the 1970s and continued to back them when their type of music fell out of fashion during the punk revolution.

Caught this by accident on BBC4 over the weekend and it was bloody great. 

Quite franky, if it wasn't for Angus and Malcolm's older brother George, along with Harry Vanda and Ted Albert from Albert Music, there would probably have never been an AC/DC as we know it today.  George Young and Harry Vanda were certainly wily (and talented) foxes who knew exactly what the people wanted.

I've never heard much from the Easybeats but some of their stuff sounds pretty cool on the video footage and paved the way for the AC/DC sound we know today.

Some great early AC/DC footage and photographs and soundbites from both Bon and Angus

Available on Iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0705t5j/the-easybeats-to-acdc-the-story-of-aussie-rock

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 15, 2016, 12:03:24 pm »
The Easybeats to AC/DC: The Story of Aussie Rock

How family-run company Albert Music launched AC/DC on the world in the 1970s and continued to back them when their type of music fell out of fashion during the punk revolution.

Caught this by accident on BBC4 over the weekend and it was bloody great. 

Quite franky, if it wasn't for Angus and Malcolm's older brother George, along with Harry Vanda and Ted Albert from Albert Music, there would probably have never been an AC/DC as we know it today.  George Young and Harry Vanda were certainly wily (and talented) foxes who knew exactly what the people wanted.

I've never heard much from the Easybeats but some of their stuff sounds pretty cool on the video footage and paved the way for the AC/DC sound we know today.

Some great early AC/DC footage and photographs and soundbites from both Bon and Angus

Available on Iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0705t5j/the-easybeats-to-acdc-the-story-of-aussie-rock

Cheers for this!

Never even knew it was on.

Sounds like interesting viewing!

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:04 am »
I haven't seen this footage before.

https://www.facebook.com/mickmyers616/videos/398554883608717/

Interesting the video is a mirror image (can't think of a better term), unless everyone's decided to play left handed and Malcolm moved to the right. :)

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2016, 01:14:08 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: March 9, 2016, 09:30:09 pm »
And now Brian Johnson is out for who knows how long... :( Perhaps it's time to pack it in. AC/DC with a guest vocalist just isn't the same thing, is it?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
And now Brian Johnson is out for who knows how long... :( Perhaps it's time to pack it in. AC/DC with a guest vocalist just isn't the same thing, is it?

Gutted for him.

I dunno.  Maybe it is time for Acca Dacca to call it a day.

I know we replaced Bon but they're so much older now to have to do that again.

Time catches up on everyone, but it will be very very weird not to have AC/DC still around if they do call it a day.

But on the other hand Angus retire??  Most likely hell will freeze over before that happens  ;D

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: May 9, 2016, 08:32:55 pm »
Axl Rose has actually got great reviews filling in for Brian. Was sceptical but heard some youtube clips. He sounded on point.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #299 on: June 1, 2016, 07:41:14 pm »

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #300 on: June 2, 2016, 08:48:33 am »
Going this Saturday to see them. Not quite sure what to expect with Axl singing the songs. Will be interesting.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
« Reply #301 on: June 2, 2016, 09:46:32 am »
Me as well Jedi Warrior (at the Olympic Stadium).  They have had good reviews with Axl Rose, and I love GnR as much as I love AC/DC but not sure either what to make of it.  We'll soon see I guess!

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 2, 2016, 08:19:45 pm »
Seen him on YouTube sounding superb.

Offline Jimmys Casey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #303 on: June 4, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »
Brain Johnson just tried out some state of art hearing device.
Maybe he could return to the studio at least.

Johnson released the following statement regarding his experience: "It WORKS. It just totally works and you can't argue with that. I was really moved and amazed to be able to hear music again like I haven't heard for several years now. I can't wait for it to be miniaturized so I can use it in every situation from normal communication, going out to noisy restaurants, to performing live music on stage."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/brian-johnson-meets-with-creator-of-in-ear-device-says-he-was-amazed-by-new-technology/

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
« Reply #304 on: June 7, 2016, 05:59:37 pm »
Superb gig, chemistry between Axl Rose and Angus Young was fantastic.

However I don't think many LFC fans, or indeed old school Hammers, are going to like the venue much.

Think it will be poor for atmosphere, like the Emirates say but worse.  Also inside the venue (were a few places on the outside selling ale at £5.30 a pint) it was bottles only - £4.80 for a 330ml bottle of Fosters; that's £8 a pint or so FFS.  Food prices rip off as well.

Not many pubs around either for pre match drinking, and Stratford itself (aside from Westfield shopping centre) is still a bit of a tip.

Found an OK Irish pub, the Queens Head on West Ham Lane for pre match ale, could recommend that but everywhere else looked terrible.

It isn't Upton Park that's for sure, very corporate/soulless I'd imagine for football.  Gig as I say was superb though.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2017, 12:59:09 pm »
37 years ago today Bon Scott passed away. Legend.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2017, 10:48:47 am »
Malcolm and Angus Young older and influential brother George Young died yesterday.

A highly successful performer, songwriter and producer he played Bass for AC/DC in the early days.

Along with Harry Vanda, Vanda & Young went on to co-produce some of AC/DC's finest albums in Let There Be Rock, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, T.N.T., Powerage and High Voltage.

Most definitely an integral part of the AC/DC success and safe to say the band wouldn't have gone on to achieve the great things they did, if it wasn't for George.

RIP

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2017, 12:11:12 pm »
Malcolm and Angus Young older and influential brother George Young died yesterday.

A highly successful performer, songwriter and producer he played Bass for AC/DC in the early days.

Along with Harry Vanda, Vanda & Young went on to co-produce some of AC/DC's finest albums in Let There Be Rock, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, T.N.T., Powerage and High Voltage.

Most definitely an integral part of the AC/DC success and safe to say the band wouldn't have gone on to achieve the great things they did, if it wasn't for George.

RIP

Thanks for posting that, was news to me.
What a great family.
Its always been an easy answer for me when someone asks, what's your favourite band. As you say, this man played a big part in them doing what they do.
RIP

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:42 pm »
Sad news. Bon-era AC/DC is my favourite band. Powerage is the greatest hard rock album ever. RIP.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »
Sad news. Bon-era AC/DC is my favourite band. Powerage is the greatest hard rock album ever. RIP.

Totally Agree with all that.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 24, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »
Thanks for posting that, was news to me.
What a great family.
Its always been an easy answer for me when someone asks, what's your favourite band. As you say, this man played a big part in them doing what they do.
RIP

Been my favourite band for a long long time. 

Sad about George Young.  Integral part of early AC/DC.

The albums from that period with Bon.......just the best.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2017, 03:41:53 pm »
Watching Strictly Dancing on Catch-up with the missus last night and a couple danced to the worldwide hit 'Love is in the Air'

It was George Young who wrote that song with Harry Vanda for John Paul Young (no relation) in 1977.

The show was recorded on Saturday night too the day George died. Although unintentional I thought it was a nice touch. :)

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2017, 04:40:32 pm »
Love "waitin for a train" by Flash'n' the pan. Aka George Young and Harry Vanda. The BBC  had a documentary about them a while back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »
George Young died a couple of weeks ago and now Angus has gone too..... RIP George and Angus! :sad

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2017, 02:10:12 pm »
RIP

George Young died a couple of weeks ago and now Angus has gone too..... RIP George and Angus! :sad

It's Malcolm not Angus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2017, 02:18:45 pm »
RIP

It's Malcolm not Angus

FUCK! My bad.... So sorry!! Of course it's Malcom and not Angus. Sorry...... :sad

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2017, 02:45:29 pm »
Correct. Rock in peace Mal.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:05 pm »
Correct. Rock in peace Mal.

Devastated. RIP.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2017, 04:19:27 pm »
RIP Malcolm and thank you

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »
RIP Malcolm.

We salute you.

My favourite band when I was a teen, early '80's, before I discovered post-punk.

It's the 2 year anniversary of my dad dying of dementia on Monday, he was 91. Malcolm Young was 64, not even retirement age and he'd had it 10 years. Just wrong  :'(
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On