Author Topic: AC(squigglything)DC  (Read 39362 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: AC(squigglything)DC
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »
30 years ago this summer they headlined the greatest Monsters of Rock ever, IMHO. Ozzy, Motley Crüe, van Halen, Gary Moore, Y&T, Accept. Just an amazing day!

Not sure I can top that line up, but I went to Monsters of Rock in '91 in Copenhagen where they headlined and Queensrÿche, Black Crowes and Metallica did the opening acts. Bright sunny day in August that year 2 days before Metallica's "Black album" was released and I had free beer all day. Brilliant day that was... :thumbup

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2014, 02:39:10 pm »
Not sure I can top that line up, but I went to Monsters of Rock in '91 in Copenhagen where they headlined and Queensrÿche, Black Crowes and Metallica did the opening acts. Bright sunny day in August that year 2 days before Metallica's "Black album" was released and I had free beer all day. Brilliant day that was... :thumbup
That's pretty close! Never got to see the Black Crowes live, much to my chagrin.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2014, 02:59:36 pm »
That's pretty close! Never got to see the Black Crowes live, much to my chagrin.

I loved their laid back style. They were pretty awesome!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »
3 times in 34 years.  Pretty poor show that.  Then again, they are that good live, it probably takes 11 years to recover from the last one!!!

Was on about their music direction since 1980!  Was only 3 myself in 1980.

Nah, I've been listening to them since about 1990.  3 gigs in that time not too bad, although with AC/DC too many is never enough!

Would have been my dream to have seen Bon live but unfortunately I have neither enough years in me, nor a DeLorean to go back and fix that problem!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 7, 2014, 09:52:03 am »
Someone posted this cover of Thunderstruck on my facebook. I quite like it :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e4Ao-iNPPUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e4Ao-iNPPUc</a>

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »
Malcolm Young is not returning to the band. He's too ill.  :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29345368
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:07 am »
Sad news really. I hope Malcolm will stay with us for many years and that their nephew can create the same groove as Malcom could.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:46 am »
Malcolm Young is not returning to the band. He's too ill.  :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29345368

End of an era.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 6, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »
What the hell!  :shocked

The 60-year-old drummer for Australian rock band AC/DC was accused Thursday of trying to arrange two killings as well as possession of drugs. Phil Rudd made a brief appearance at the Tauranga District Court in his adopted home of New Zealand and was charged with attempting to "procure murder," which carries a maximum prison term of 10 years.

He was released on bail. One of the conditions is that he must not have any contact with anyone involved in the alleged plot. The Bay of Plenty Times newspaper reported that the Australian-born Rudd was accused of trying to hire a hit man to carry out the two killings. Rudd and the other members of AC/DC were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 in Cleveland. AC/DC's hits include "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" and "Highway to Hell." The band was due to release the "Rock or Bust" album next month and had planned a world tour next year. It was unclear whether Thursday's events would affect those plans.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ac-dc-drummer-phil-rudd-accused-murder-hire-try-n242441
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #249 on: November 6, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »
I read an article from an NZ paper that said fans were expressing concern the band would never tour again.

Because that's the important thing here!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 6, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
Out of AC/DC's enormous discography, I love the way they singled out those 2 particular records to complement the news story!

:lmao

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #251 on: November 6, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »
I lived down the road from him when I lived in NZ, quite the local celebrity old Phil, got a lovely restaurant there
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #252 on: November 6, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »
I read an article from an NZ paper that said fans were expressing concern the band would never tour again.

Because that's the important thing here!

I know. How could they overlook whether this will delay the new album launch?

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 6, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »
Out of AC/DC's enormous discography, I love the way they singled out those 2 particular records to complement the news story!

:lmao
OMG you're right. Sharp eyes you have. That's dark humor at its finest.  :lmao
― Christine Szymanski

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 7, 2014, 07:33:02 am »
Lifestyles of the rich and the famous! Couldnt make it up could you. Hope its unsubstantiated.

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #255 on: November 7, 2014, 07:40:22 am »
Charges dropped regarding attempting to arrange the deaths,according to bbc, due to lack of evidence.

Just facing charges on drug possession and issuing death threats.

Can't link as I'm on phone
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 4, 2014, 10:06:42 pm »
I've been listening to "Higway to Hell" album tonight. I haven't listened to it for ages. F*ck me that's a brilliant album!!!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 4, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »
Apparently tour dates are being announced on the Chris Evans show tomorrow morning
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 4, 2014, 10:30:56 pm »
What do people make of the new album?

Edit: its not actually out until Saturday but I have heard some decent reviews. Its on my Chrimbo list so will have to wait another few weeks for a listen.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2014, 10:36:13 pm by redmen9 »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 4, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »
I've been listening to "Higway to Hell" album tonight. I haven't listened to it for ages. F*ck me that's a brilliant album!!!

Those early ACDC albums with Bon are just class one after the other after the other.

Powerage is my Favorite but love them all.

What do people make of the new album?

Edit: its not actually out until Saturday but I have heard some decent reviews. Its on my Chrimbo list so will have to wait another few weeks for a listen.

Looking forward to a good listen of this myself.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 4, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »
Those early ACDC albums with Bon are just class one after the other after the other.

Powerage is my Favorite but love them all.

Looking forward to a good listen of this myself.

As much as I like their stuff with Brian Johnson there's some more feel and bluesy to the Bon Scott albums. Powerage is good too - they all are - but my fave has to be Highway to Hell. If only "Love hungry man" had been on that album... ;)

But having said that: Back in Black is a beast of a "comeback" album!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2014, 10:44:58 pm by Bennekov »

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #261 on: December 5, 2014, 07:14:15 am »
Rock or Bust is not a bad album, heard it a few times.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: December 5, 2014, 07:54:12 am »
Rock or Bust is not a bad album, heard it a few times.

It's also not very good either

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #263 on: December 5, 2014, 11:25:49 am »
Bollocks, it's the best Brian era album since Flick Of The Switch. Some of those songs swing like fuck.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 5, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »
Haven't listened to it yet but I just got a mail from a local rock radio station that I've won the album in a competition so I'll receive it in the mail sometime next week. I can live with that... ;D

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »
As much as I like their stuff with Brian Johnson there's some more feel and bluesy to the Bon Scott albums. Powerage is good too - they all are - but my fave has to be Highway to Hell. If only "Love hungry man" had been on that album... ;)

But having said that: Back in Black is a beast of a "comeback" album!

As much as I love AC/DC in general, the Bon Scott era eclipses everything for me.

The music was just amazing.

Highway to Hell is my personal favourite.

I think the level and sound of the band was reaching new heights with that album and it scares me to think how good a follow on album with Bon Scott could have been.

All in all though, just a fabulous band.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2014, 01:58:07 pm »
Praying they don't headline Glastonbury. Any of you fans got any good news for me?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2014, 05:23:34 pm »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2014, 05:37:56 pm »
Praying they don't headline Glastonbury. Any of you fans got any good news for me?

Fuck me I hope not.

Looking in the Glastonbury Thread I see your more of a JayZ and Beyonce type person so DC wouldn't go down too well with you I suspect.

Not stalking your posts or anything, I was just trying to get a handle on whether you wanted AC/DC to avoid Glastonbury for the same reasons as me.  The answer to that is no but each to their own I suppose :)

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2014, 05:42:53 pm »
Fuck me I hope not.

Looking in the Glastonbury Thread I see your more of a JayZ and Beyonce type person so DC wouldn't go down too well with you I suspect.

Not stalking your posts or anything, I was just trying to get a handle on whether you wanted AC/DC to avoid Glastonbury for the same reasons as me.  The answer to that is no but each to their own I suppose :)

I want AC/DC to avoid Glastonbury for several reasons. I ain't really a Jay Z /Beyonce type more than any other genres, I have a eclectic taste in music over a wide range of genres.

Probably for the Glastonbury thread; I'm concerned at the trend in Pyramid stage headliners over the past few years, it's becoming very much same types of artists on all nights.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »
Haven't posted in here before but came across something recently that I thought was amazing. A pretty great tribute to thunderstruck.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2014, 12:11:09 am »
Haven't posted in here before but came across something recently that I thought was amazing. A pretty great tribute to thunderstruck.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Seen them supporting Elton John a year or so ago, they were 10 million times better than him.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »

Glastonbury is 24-28th June, Most of the bigger bands will be on 26-28th.
AC/DC play Berlin on 25th, then Glasgow 28th. Free dates in between!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »
Glastonbury is 24-28th June, Most of the bigger bands will be on 26-28th.
AC/DC play Berlin on 25th, then Glasgow 28th. Free dates in between!

Looks like a deliberate gap in the schedule. More or less nailed on then.

:-[

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2014, 11:39:57 pm »
They're NOT playing Roskilde next year due to their show is too big for the Orange Stage at Roskilde, so they're coming 2 weeks after Roskilde Festival has finished and play at the very same spot.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2015, 08:41:52 am »
I never knew (ex) Conservative MP Louise Mensch existed until I settled down last night to watch a program i recorded on SKY+.  An interview with Brian Johnson from AC/DC who happen to be my favorite band.

I have never seen a more cringe-worthy program in all my days. This posh girl who happens to be married to Peter Mensch (manager of Metallica and many others and now surprise surprise..AC/DC).  Ok she does like a bit of rock and claims to be a rock chick but this woman was so out of her depth and Brian looked bored with the hag.

It was so fucking embarrassing especially when she was swearing infront of Johnson in her posh accent.  It was so obvious Peter Mensch got her this gig and I wouldn't be surprised if Jonno shagged her to be honest.

Reading this woman's bio I see she is privately educated, has money and married into more money, is a staunch Thatcherite, labeling Thatchers death celebrators as "vocal minority", "idiots", and "pygmies".

According to her WIKI she has wrote columns for the S*N too.

It was a bad, bad interview and think of the millions of fans who would have loved a shot at hanging out with Brian Johnson.  It's Not what you know, It's who you know.

Anyone else seen it?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2015, 08:50:26 am »
Im going in june or july or whenever at Wembley ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2015, 09:37:52 am »
I never knew (ex) Conservative MP Louise Mensch existed until I settled down last night to watch a program i recorded on SKY+.  An interview with Brian Johnson from AC/DC who happen to be my favorite band.

I have never seen a more cringe-worthy program in all my days. This posh girl who happens to be married to Peter Mensch (manager of Metallica and many others and now surprise surprise..AC/DC).  Ok she does like a bit of rock and claims to be a rock chick but this woman was so out of her depth and Brian looked bored with the hag.

It was so fucking embarrassing especially when she was swearing infront of Johnson in her posh accent.  It was so obvious Peter Mensch got her this gig and I wouldn't be surprised if Jonno shagged her to be honest.

Reading this woman's bio I see she is privately educated, has money and married into more money, is a staunch Thatcherite, labeling Thatchers death celebrators as "vocal minority", "idiots", and "pygmies".

According to her WIKI she has wrote columns for the S*N too.

It was a bad, bad interview and think of the millions of fans who would have loved a shot at hanging out with Brian Johnson.  It's Not what you know, It's who you know.

Anyone else seen it?
I watched this a while ago and it was shit (if this is the one where she meets him in the US).  It seemed to be 90% about Mensch and 10% BJ.  Some interesting things about Brian and how down to earth he is but a massive missed opportunity. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:04:56 am by simpleman »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2015, 12:02:01 pm »
I watched this a while ago and it was shit (if this is the one where she meets him in the US).  It seemed to be 90% about Mensch and 10% BJ.  Some interesting things about Brian and how down to earth he is but a massive missed opportunity. 

Yeah that's the one.

Basically Brian Johnson racing around the car track with her and swanning round his mansion in Florida . Mensch trying to talk like a rock chick with a working class bloke from an estate in Newcastle, when in fact she just came across a posh Tory who found it very uncomfortable to swear.

I also found it hard to believe she had never met Johnson before considering she is married to Peter Mensch.

Loved it how Johnson kept calling her "Me little Darlin" or " Me Little love pigeon". Amongst other condescending UN-PC references. She must have hated that :)

At the start when she was running through Johnson's bio, she said something along the lines of: "Brian joined the band in 1981 following the death of AC/DC's first singer".  His name was Bon Scott you disrespectful cow and he was and still is an absolute Legend.

also the comment about 'Back in Black' propelling DC to super-stardom.  NO again, they were already mega stars way before Back in Black.

Worst Music program I have ever watched and I will be avoiding anything that bint is in from now on.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2015, 04:09:51 pm »
POWERAGE. Finest ever.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40