Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661209 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I see that his old thread got locked for too much Divock vs. Daniel talk, so let's not do that. :wave

The TWENTY YEAR OLD Mr. Origi deserves a standing ovation for his performance against Dortmund. Most of the football world was watching this match, and Divock put in a solid, professional performance against one of Europe's best clubs in what is usually an intimidating atmosphere for many young players.

Divock has a knack for the limelight. Not only only did he score the only Liverpool goal tonight, please recall that his first international goal was the match winner in the 88th minute against Russia in the recent World Cup.(He had substituted in that match for another Belgian striker from a bitter blue team ;) ) That goal, the only one in the match, propelled his nation into the knockout stages.

We have a talent on our hands my friends, and he's progressing by leaps and bounds under Klopp and Co. Please, let's not make this Divock vs. other Liverpool strikers. Let's instead cherish the fact that we will have quite a potent strike force next season with a returning Ings, a healthy Sturridge, a more experienced Origi, and a cameo or three from Mr. Firmino up top.

Stand up Divock, and take a bow. :wellin
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 06:12:56 pm by John C »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Was hugely important last night - the ball just seemed to stick to him and his pace provided a great outlet.

Feel he could be very good within a year or two.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Gonna be a good'un !

He will be a Klopp project.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Can become a real gem! I hope he stays clear of injuries, so we can enjoy him for many years.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought his display last night included everything we were told Aubameyang would bring to the table for Dortmund. Pace, strength, willingness to work the channels and an eye for goal, plus aerial power too - it was a complete strikers performance.

KUTGW Divock.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
He's physically tremendous - very quick, if not express, and really as strong as they come.

I've said it before - forget about the comparisons to Sturridge. He's really more like what we bought Benteke to be. Big, strong and mobile. Presses like a madman. Equally comfortable making runs off the shoulder and threatening with his pace and bullying defenders with his size. He's also a remarkably composed finisher. You never get the sense that he will fluff his lines. Even if he hasn't yet scored a lot of goals, you get the sense that he knows exactly what he's doing. His movement is really good - but it's particularly good further away from the goal, and moving in on the goal with the ball at his feet. So far, we haven't seen as much of him getting into the area off the ball and finishing a move, but you get the sense that if Klopp wanted him to do more of that, he'd be more than capable of doing it.

Next season I'd like to see him really work on his finishing, and getting his goal tally up to 15-20 in all competitions. That would be a difficult, but achievable target for a lad of his level of talent.

I don't think he's ever going to be a Sturridge or an Henry - the type of player that drops deeper and creates a lot for others through clever passes and mazy dribbles. But I think he can be a great classic no.9: speed, strength, flicks, smart movement, intense pressing, quality finishing. Just about everything you want from a focal point of an attack.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Fantastic from Divock. Needs to spend hours on his finishing, but his instincts as shown by the goal are good. Add to that, his physical attributes and overall game play, he has the potential to be absolutely top notch.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
What a prospect this boy is. While his on-field attributes are clear for all to see, what I find impressive about this lad is his attitude off the pitch. Seems like a real humble kid looking to learn as much as possible. He can be huge for us in the future.

Offline "Ninja Skrtel"

• Anny Roader
Thought he arrived very raw, timid and a bit lightweight. But in a few months he's become our fastest, strongest, most confident and arguably our most game intelligent striker. Fantastic progress and frightening potential.
"Behave yourself".

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I went to watch Wales away against Belgium in the November of the season we signed Divock and loaned him back to Lille. Divock started that night. He didn't do anything of note to be honest but I was still very impressed. His touch was superb, his hold up play was surprisingly good and his pace and direct running was a very clear threat. I was very surprised by his touch and hold up play more than anything and I am still surprised now at how fucking good he is in those areas. After we signed him and I read and heard a little detail on him, I just thought we were getting a very quick striker who has a decent skillset with big potential but we are getting so much more.

This lad is going to be the real deal and a vital part in Klopp's system and our future. He is the perfect striker for us.

edit: my only negative would be his finishing. He looks as if he knows what he wants to do. Just needs to execute it better, as he has the composure too. That is something that I don't really expect off him right now, more something he will develop as he gets older.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2016, 06:46:53 am by Spanish Al »
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Was last night his breakthrough? Might well have been. So mature, so fast, so strong, such good technique. He was a huge ball magnet yesterday, and always provided an outlet for us to get out and get out of pressure. Nice goal too. :)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
He's got everything in his locker -  works hard, rapid, big, strong and with quick feet as well. Every manager in the world would want a striker like him, especially when he's still so young and learning.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
So much better than that lazy, big, useless lump of a strike partner.

I'm referring to Lukaku, of course, from the Belgian national team.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
He's got the perfect blend of ability and hard work to go on to be an absolute monster with the right development. And the right manager to give him that development. Such exciting times.

Also, he's showing up the authors of that 'Worst Ligue 1 XI' article as well as anyone soft enough to believe it whilst having barely watched him with their own eyes and completely ignoring his age as a factor.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
His compatriot should take note of how to play the 'big fella' role & replicate it.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Great talent, great potential. Not sure what will happen from here, but he's fun to watch and outplaying his compatriot as well as his other competition currently. Did his job superbly last night.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
had an stormer last night.. thats what you call taking an opportunity!
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
What a prospect this boy is. While his on-field attributes are clear for all to see, what I find impressive about this lad is his attitude off the pitch. Seems like a real humble kid looking to learn as much as possible. He can be huge for us in the future.

this is what stands out for me, just comes across as a kid that wants to learn and work as hard as poss for the team

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
Just imagine how dangerous he can be if his finishing was just a bit better. Think we've got a potential top class striker on our hands. Looking forward to seeing how he develops under Klopp.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant and instrumental to Klopps game plan, we could of never done that with any other striker at the club. Tried his best to hold it up and in many instances his team mates should of done better to find him more often.

If this kid can find that edge in front of goal we will have one of the most rounded forwards in world football as he has every attribute going, pace, strength, intelligence, team player. With Klopp here I'm confident he can get to that level.

Hes 20, it might still take him another couple of years to find that special quality in front of goal, like Harry Kane for example
« Last Edit: April 8, 2016, 08:33:38 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Cunny Funt

• Main Stander
He was great last night, so much so I was disappointed with his second clear run in on goal. He did so well to come back onside, only to have his effort saved. I was expecting him to score because he had been playing so well at such a high level. What a difference that would have made!

It just goes to show how comfortable he looked, the keeper had to make a great save otherwise he would have scored. Bit more practice on the pitch in front of goal and I can see them flying in for years to come.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Best game in a red shirt, he is bulking up , getting quicker and still only a really young lad, fair play to him
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
20 years old. Great things to come?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
When I saw him in the flesh for the first time I was struck at just how big he was (oo er), he can be a real asset for us I reckon, just needs to add that little bit of composure when he's finishing, but I'm sure that will come in time. Klopp will get the best out of him I'm sure.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Once he improves his decision making and uses what he has physically a little more we have a very very good player
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Without normally wanting to make comparisons to other players, he can be our Harry Kane (but with more pace).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant last night. Well in Divock.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
Great game. Whether he'll ever be prolific in front of goal, I'm not sure. He'd be a great partner to whoever scores the bulk of our goals up front whilst chipping in with a few himself. Heskey and Owen were a great example of that type of symbiotic partnership.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
He was excellent with all the basic forward play you want from a forward, the pressing, hold up play, desire to occupy their defence was really great and his goal was reward in itself for that.

When he learns to put away that chance he had later on, thats when we'll really have a player on our hands though.

He's got plenty of time to improve in that respect.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've thought for a while now that Origi is going to go on and lead our line for many years. Just needs to add some more goals to his game but that will come with time. His pace and strength are already well developed
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
He has a way to go yet in terms of finishing, sometimes at this level you may only get one chance in a game to make your mark. If he's to really hit the top level it's something to work on.

Saying that... his hold up play, physicality, speed, work rate and pressing are fantastic. It's not like we're just playing a speed merchant who we're hoping can become a goalscorer. We can afford to play him and give him time to settle and build confidence, because he can really offer the team something (even if he hadn't scored last night his hold up play was crucial at times). Excited by this kid, he really has the potential to shine under Klopp.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
20.... He's going to be a Kop favourite!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Second what people have said about his finishing, even the goal he scored last night was going straight down the middle till that little deflection.  Once he gets some more composure in front of goal he'll be an outrageous talent.  Is Fowler still involved with training?  Double sessions pls.

Other than that, he's got everything you need in a modern forward, quick, strong, relentless... he's perfect for what Klopp wants to do here.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
His hold up play is incredible... and normally you tend to see the hold up players not be very fast so they hold up, pass it and get into the box... he can hold, lay, spin and burn any defender for pace, so quick!!

I think he has been a great positive this season and still so raw! This kid is gonna be BIG!

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
“We will have a lot of fun with this player”.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
What a vote of confidence for him to be given the nod in such a huge game, must have done him the world of good. So much potential with him and he does suit our game well.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
Divock Divock Origi runs down the wing for me..
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant last night. Bender couldn't deal with his physicality, which is saying a lot. As long as he stays fit and continues to improve and settle he could soon become our first-choice.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
I'd love to see Divock & Daniel. Origi could open up great spaces for Sturridge.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
that kiss made him better!

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101