Author Topic: The 2019/20 Season  (Read 307 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
The 2019/20 Season
« on: July 27, 2020, 12:05:08 am »
Well, that was an interesting one. Putting us and our 99 points aside, we've had (so far, we've finished even if others have not so as far as I am concerned the season is over)

-3 months of the season suspended
-90 games played without a crowd
-VAR
-City and FPP
-The European Championships cancelled
-The European trophies played out in a mini tournament
-Many clubs outside the top flight facing ruin and disappearance
-90 games with players taking the knee
-Artificial crowd noise on the TV
-Social distancing pretences
-Dean Smith and Pep Guardiola losing their parents to Covid-19, we lost Paul Smith, Richard Mawson and probably others I am unaware of
-League 1, 2 and National leagues and below all cancelled
-We lost (amongst others) Jose Reyes, Jack Charlton, Norman Hunter, Justin Edinburgh, Junior Agogo, Johnny Wheeler, Ron Saunders, Jim Smith, Billy Hughes, Martin Peters, Harry Gregg, Peter Whittingham, Radomir Antic, Peter Bonetti, Michael Robinson, Trevor Cherry, Glyn Pardoe and Tony Dunne.

Plenty to talk about, I'll start with a couple

Harry Gregg, the bravest footballer, ever. He went back into the wreckage of the plane at Munich and rescued four people - Verena Lukic and her baby Vesna, and teammates Bobby Charlton and Dennis Viollet. Life rewarded him with the death of his wife 3 years later with 2 small children, one of whom predeceased him at the age of 50.

Artificial crowd noise-one of the most bizarre things we've ever had in football. Someone sitting in a box with a range of buttons, all the way from Boooooh to ooooooh and then pressing them 2 seconds late. We saw Norwich getting booed off for being relegated, Everton being politely clapped off after being beaten at home by Bournemouth (yeaah right), obviously no racist chant button (like the real world) and no 'the referees a wanker' chant button. Bizarre.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:07:27 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.