Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 vs Bournemouth 1 ‘10 Wilson ‘24 Salah ‘32 Mane  (Read 23920 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 vs Bournemouth 1 ‘10 Wilson ‘24 Salah ‘32 Mane
« Reply #400 on: March 8, 2020, 12:08:46 pm »
I’m not sure Gomez could have done better. He was nudged so lost his footing and never recovered. A foul’s a foul. Gomez was fouled which rendered him unable to deal with the situation.

I agree he couldn’t have done anything different but he wasn’t “nudged” - he got a strong shove in the back from a big player moving at speed. He did well to stay on his feet but it took him several stumbling paces to regain his balance, by which time he was too far away from Wilson to be able to block his pass.

Milner and Fabinho, however, could have done better after that to stop the goal.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 8, 2020, 12:36:10 pm »
We are brilliant still - hooray hurrah  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #402 on: March 8, 2020, 12:58:01 pm »
Something I don't like seeing was Lerma preaching in the referee's face for Mané to be carded after his handball..C*nts trick & also seeing him rolling around the floor after a nothing tackle too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #403 on: March 8, 2020, 01:36:58 pm »
Something I don't like seeing was Lerma preaching in the referee's face for Mané to be carded after his handball..C*nts trick & also seeing him rolling around the floor after a nothing tackle too.
Have to say they cheated and dived more than I expected them to. Holding their heads every time they went down to get the game stopped.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #404 on: March 8, 2020, 01:43:00 pm »
Something I found odd about the game yesterday, even when Bournemouth were 2-1 down there didn't seem any urgency to take goal kicks or any other restarts quickly.

It was almost as if they were wasting time, despite being behind.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 8, 2020, 01:47:38 pm »
Been playing in second gear most of the season and 25 points ahead.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #406 on: March 8, 2020, 01:55:58 pm »
Something I found odd about the game yesterday, even when Bournemouth were 2-1 down there didn't seem any urgency to take goal kicks or any other restarts quickly.

Bournemouth were the ideal opponents yesterday, although they didn't play badly.

We'd just had a run of games against teams who were playing out of their skins and at their maximum and not conceding an inch. West Ham gave everything (after rolling over for City), Watford obviously (couldn't be arsed turning up yesterday though), Atleti gave their best performance in a long time (been shite all season) and Norwich made it tough all game.

We were maybe there for the taking given recent performances and then Roberton and Alisson get injured, early kick off, Henderson out, Fabinho off the pace, one eye on midweek, then they get an early goal. It was a perfect storm and they could have capitalised on it better.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2020, 01:58:43 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #407 on: March 8, 2020, 02:23:58 pm »

They wanted a 10 minute game. At 2-1, given their position and the value of a point, 2-1 is a 10 minute game
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #408 on: March 8, 2020, 02:45:01 pm »
Been playing in second gear most of the season and 25 points ahead.

that's just not true though. The team has put in so much effort to this league season, almost like it's in part a reaction to getting so close last season. Partly explains while they are dipping a bit now in energy. And that's fine with me, so long as they have enough for the final push! It's been an incredible effort.  Almost insulting to suggest it's not been!

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: March 8, 2020, 03:01:15 pm »
Their goal was a real test for the team. After a shit week or so, seeing them tap that in after an absolutely blatant foul on Gomez could have been a hammer blow not to recover from and then everyone is talking about a crisis etc.

To calmly go about our business and find what was required to win was fantastic.

We still weren't our fluent best, but without their cheated goal, that was a routine 2-0 victory and just what the doctor ordered.  Hopefully, City drop some more points and we get over the line asap.

I am a little worried about Wednesday, especially without Becker in goal, but we've been here before and there are different rules for our CL games, especially second legs against Spanish opposition.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 8, 2020, 08:25:31 pm »
Milner and Fabinho, however, could have done better after that to stop the goal.

The goal was totally on Milner for me, after the referee didn't award the blatant foul. Fabinho was telling him to cover the outside runner (as he had the inside covered), but Milner took a step inside and that was that.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #411 on: March 8, 2020, 08:33:09 pm »
Pretty easy really. Hopefully they get relegated
They've been ravaged by injuries all season and are fighting relegation, yet they came and had a good go at us at Anfield - unlike many other teams who play anti-football.

There's 18 other teams I'd rather be relegated than them.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: March 8, 2020, 11:28:06 pm »
Yeah Ghost Town, that’s definitely how I see my place in the Liverpool FC world. I try to support and support and then I support some more! I’ve no time for Internet haters of their own team! 10 years ago we nearly went under and to be where we are now really beggars belief. I love the extent of our collective belief, hard work and determination that has got us back here.  As I said 27 wins from 29 games is astounding in itself and I’m in love with it all. I absolutely fucking love what the team and Klopp are doing! In 10 years we’ve gone from being rock bottom to dominating the League (and our own history) in an unparalleled way. I’m dizzy haha. Thanks for your comments, Ghost Town, and Sons of PioneerS too. Encourages me to keep posting though sorry! 😄
well said mate  :wave

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 9, 2020, 01:44:39 am »
Fuck me.

Less than a year ago we came back from 3 goals down against Barcelona with 2 of our best players injured and people still come out with shite like this.

It’s clearly a wum.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #414 on: March 9, 2020, 09:02:53 am »
We're in this position because we've done enough to win games....and have the quality to shift through the gears when we need to and never let a situation get us down collectively. That's the great quality of this Liverpool team.

The amount of control we have over games varies but we always seem to do what is necessary...its not all slick and we have not blown teams away often (even though we could have we have shown restraint at times to conserve energy). But we get the job done.

Saturday was another one of those....their goal shouldn't have been a goal, it was a clear and obvious foul imo, but we fought back and got the lead and held it. Yeah there were a few hairy moments (thanks milly) but we also had a fair few chances to score too. Really wish Bobby buried that chance to get the monkey off his back at Anfield because I think it's weighing on his mind...

But this was another one of those games. And another 3 points. And now we only need to do it 2 more times to end a 30 year wait.

Get. The Fuck. IN
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #415 on: March 9, 2020, 09:44:02 am »
If Gomez has fallen over then surely the ref would have blown for the free kick. It should still have been ruled out once VAR took a look at it. Thankfully it didn’t matter in the end and there’s something more satisfying about having to overcome a shit decision and from a goal down to win.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 9, 2020, 10:06:52 am »
I'd love to know what if anything we are doing behind the scenes about some of the reffing we've had to put up with.

How the ref missing that Van Dijk challenge on De Gea was deemed a clear and obvious error, meaning it could be overturned and then the ref missing that shove on Gomez was not clear and obvious is crazy. That whole clear and obvious needs to be scrubbed.

But yet again we still got people on here desperate to sound impartial by saying Gomez should have been stronger etc. People need to look at the result of fouls. Wilson didn't need to slide tackle Gomez, or chop him in half. He just needed to put him off balance, so a shove in the back was what was needed. Gomez was off balance, tried to stay on his feet, but Wilson had the ball, job done.

The shove won him the ball illegally, so all this not enough contact bollocks that the pundits bang on about is just that.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 9, 2020, 10:18:31 am »
I'd love to know what if anything we are doing behind the scenes about some of the reffing we've had to put up with.

How the ref missing that Van Dijk challenge on De Gea was deemed a clear and obvious error, meaning it could be overturned and then the ref missing that shove on Gomez was not clear and obvious is crazy. That whole clear and obvious needs to be scrubbed.

But yet again we still got people on here desperate to sound impartial by saying Gomez should have been stronger etc. People need to look at the result of fouls. Wilson didn't need to slide tackle Gomez, or chop him in half. He just needed to put him off balance, so a shove in the back was what was needed. Gomez was off balance, tried to stay on his feet, but Wilson had the ball, job done.

The shove won him the ball illegally, so all this not enough contact bollocks that the pundits bang on about is just that.

There is inconsistency in every game and they have also changed how the review decisions as the season has continued. If Man Utd had not won yesterday they would have every right to be aggrieved for the non-penalty call on Fred when Otamendi kicked his shin off. I think what has happened is that refs have lost the bottle to make a tight call knowing that VAR is there as a back-up, but VAR officials are generally reluctant to overrule their colleagues on the pitch. This is wrong. Both the refs and the VAR officials need to call it based on what they see.

I will say this in defence of VAR. No one bothers to report and comment on the countless examples where VAR correctly upholds/overturns correct/bad decisions. I would wager that for every VAR mistake there are half a dozen mistakes rectified.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #418 on: March 9, 2020, 10:19:19 am »
Don't think Tierney is biased he is just a really shit ref. I think he was the ref who didnt understand the new rules last year and gave sterling a goal after he was clearly offside, but because the goalkeeper came out and touched it he over ruled the lino to give the goal. He has no common sense, like yesterday when Gomez is in control and clearly unnaturally stumbles forward after a clear push, yet he decides to let it go.

Yup.

He's in the Martin Atkinson and Andre Marriner mould of just letting everything go, never booking anyone etc; basically just there for an easy pay day.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 9, 2020, 10:26:42 am »
I'm not anti-VAR per se, although I understand why some people don't like it. I'm more anti poor and inconsistent reffing. VAR was an opportunity to rectify it, but instead PGMOL behave like the small minded company men they are and decide that overturning decisions somehow undermines on the pitch refs.

Most sensible people understand how difficult refereeing is, and VAR should help refs, but by going big on offsides, getting wrapped up in this clear and obvious bollocks, and not using pitchside monitors, they've fucked it up and it's let to more poor and inconsistent reffing.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #420 on: March 9, 2020, 07:10:58 pm »
I'm not anti-VAR per se, although I understand why some people don't like it. I'm more anti poor and inconsistent reffing. VAR was an opportunity to rectify it, but instead PGMOL behave like the small minded company men they are and decide that overturning decisions somehow undermines on the pitch refs.

Most sensible people understand how difficult refereeing is, and VAR should help refs, but by going big on offsides, getting wrapped up in this clear and obvious bollocks, and not using pitchside monitors, they've fucked it up and it's let to more poor and inconsistent reffing.

Just seen the push for the first goal, for the first time.
What a shite refereeing decision. But the shameful thing is the gobshites at Shockley park saying the ref was spot on.
It’s not bent. It’s just incompetence. Riley was an incompetent ref and he has risen to the top of an incompetent company, who are seemingly unaccountable.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #421 on: March 9, 2020, 07:24:23 pm »

I say let’s replay it on the stadium screen and let the crowd decide. If they are transparent about their decisions then there is nothing they should be afraid of.