Author Topic: Liverpool FC join Stonewall  (Read 2922 times)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool FC join Stonewall
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:41:45 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/281349-liverpool-become-diversity-champions

Liverpool become Diversity Champions

Liverpool FC has signed up to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, becoming the first Premier League club to join the programme.

Stonewall, Europe’s leading charity for lesbian, gay, bi and trans equality, works with more than 750 organisations to help them create workplaces that are inclusive and welcoming of LGBT people.

As a Diversity Champion, the club will receive expert consultation and advice from one of Stonewall’s client account managers.

Working together, LFC and Stonewall will review current polices, practices and staff training and work on reinforcing the club as a workplace where everyone can be themselves.

Committing to be a Diversity Champion is another progressive step for the club, which was also rewarded this year with an accolade from the Premier League.

In May, LFC became the first club to achieve the Advanced Level the Premier League Equality Standard, recognising the commitment of club leadership to equality, diversity and inclusion, the development of inclusive policy and procedures as well as the great work of LFC’s community programme, Red Neighbours and the club’s official charity, LFC Foundation.

The club’s commitment comes just weeks before Stonewall holds its annual Rainbow Laces campaign, which will see sport across the UK turn rainbow from November 24 to December 3 in support of the LGBT community. 

Peter Moore, CEO of LFC, said: "Liverpool FC has long been committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to ensuring that it is embedded in all areas across the club and we are delighted to be spearheading Stonewall’s Diversity Champion programme.

"We believe that sport should be inclusive and that nobody should miss out simply because of who they are. From our club charity’s inclusive sports programmes to achieving the Premier League’s Advanced Equality Standard this year, we are proud to keep striving to make sport for everyone."

Ruth Hunt, Stonewall’s chief executive, added: "It’s so important for organisations to actively work towards making sport everyone’s game. Many LGBT people want to take part in sport, either as players or fans, but at the moment not everyone feels welcome.

"We also know that most sports fans want a better, more inclusive game. To make this happen, we need individuals and organisations to step up to show their support for LGBT people and that’s what Liverpool FC have done today. We’re excited they’ve joined us as a Diversity Champion and we look forward to working with them to help further LGBT equality in football."

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/news/liverpool-fc-join-stonewall-diversity-champions-programme

Liverpool FC join Stonewall Diversity Champions programme

First Premier League football club to join Stonewall’s programme

Deepening of Liverpool FC’s commitment to equality across all areas of the club

Stonewall works with more than 750 organisations in the private and public sector

Liverpool FC has signed up to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, becoming the first Premier League Club to join the programme.

Stonewall, Europe’s leading charity for lesbian, gay, bi and trans equality, works with more than 750 organisations to help them create workplaces that are inclusive and welcoming of LGBT people.

As a Diversity Champion, Liverpool FC will receive expert consultation and advice from one of Stonewall’s Client Account Managers.

Together they will review current polices, practices and staff training and work on changes needed to ensure the club is somewhere that everyone can be themselves.

Stonewall research shows that LGBT people who are comfortable being out in the workplace are 67 per cent more likely to be satisfied at work.

The news of Liverpool FC joining the programme comes just weeks before Stonewall hosts what promises to be the biggest show of support for LGBT equality in sport ever seen.

From 24 November – 3 December, sport across the UK will turn rainbow. For an entire week fans, players and sports officials and organisations will be proudly demonstrating their commitment to LGBT equality by taking part in Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces campaign.

Last week the Premier League also announced that they are joining the programme, and embarking on a three-year strategic partnership with Stonewall to help tackle homophobia in football.

Ruth Hunt, Stonewall’s Chief Executive, said: ‘It’s so important for organisations to actively work towards making sport everyone’s game. Many LGBT people want to take part in sport, either as players or fans, but at the moment not everyone feels welcome. We also know that most sports fans want a better, more inclusive game. To make this happen, we need individuals and organisations to step up to show their support for LGBT people and that’s what Liverpool FC have done today. We’re excited they’ve joined us as a Diversity Champion and we look forward to working with them to help further LGBT equality in football.’

Peter Moore, CEO at Liverpool Football Club, said: ‘Liverpool FC has long been committed to equality and to ensuring that it is embedded in all areas across the club.

‘We believe that all sport should be inclusive and that nobody should miss out simply because of who they are. From our club charity’s inclusive community sports programmes to achieving the Premier League’s Advanced Equality Standard this year, we are proud to keep striving to make sport for everyone.’

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Liverpool FC join Stonewall
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:49:14 pm »
Good stuff.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:50:41 pm »
That’s great to hear
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 03:20:12 am »
Very well done to the club. It's important for a club of Liverpool's standing to be equitable in its treatment of everyone.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:20:56 am »
Brilliant news. Shows what a top club we are.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:19:09 am by hide5seek »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 07:15:30 am »
I'm always a tad bit sceptical about how much actually changes when clubs or companies herald their commitment to any sort of initiative. How much of it is actually down to seeking change and how much is solely focused on media exposure and brand image.
Are they actually implementing tangible changes and challenging perceptions,  or is it merely signing up for the occasional powerpoint presentation on minority rights, awareness, and inclusion.

Hopefully it's the former.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 07:14:21 pm »
Always admired how great a charity Stonewall are and the work they do.

I was working for a TV Station during the climax part of 13-14, and we were trying to get them on. They really were nice people and great to deal with.

Really hope the heightened coverage they will gain through this partnership, will immensely further help their cause.

Well done to everyone involved at the club for making this happen.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:37 pm »
I'm always a tad bit sceptical about how much actually changes when clubs or companies herald their commitment to any sort of initiative. How much of it is actually down to seeking change and how much is solely focused on media exposure and brand image.
Are they actually implementing tangible changes and challenging perceptions,  or is it merely signing up for the occasional powerpoint presentation on minority rights, awareness, and inclusion.

Don’t think it actually matters. What is important is that an organisation that has a global presence publically signs up to supporting LGBT issues. The reasons are secondary.

In addition they are the first. I am proud of my club. 

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:06:19 pm »
That's wonderful news, any time a massive "Brand" like Liverpool adds their name to a cause like this it is huge. This will do so much good for the visibility of Stonewall. I really hope this can help implement real changes that could affect millions of lives.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »

I agree but even if its the latter it is still a sign of progress. I must admit i like the job Peter Moore is doing, i fucking despised him at his previous job has the head of EA. He was a big part of monetizing the game industry and that is his legacy for me which continues to get worse by the day.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:45 am »
Great news!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 03:30:43 am »
Seems more appropriate for Mourinho's United.

All jokes aside, fantastic news.