Author Topic: RIP Carl van Riel (Sir Harvest Fields) 17/11/17- RAWKs JustGiving Xmas Miracle!  (Read 147771 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Sir Harvest Fields aka Carl passed away 17/11/17 - Condolences Thread (*)
« Reply #560 on: November 18, 2017, 09:20:43 pm »
Devestated to hear of this. RIP Carl
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #561 on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:50 pm »
I didn't know Carl but I obviously share a passion for a great football club. He died far too young and I hope that his family remember him in the good times. For anyone else who struggles with any addiction, please get help as we don't want to lose others.

YNWA Carl
#JFT97

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #562 on: November 18, 2017, 10:01:43 pm »
By request from Carl's dear friend Sandra...

It is a bitter pill to swallow when you consider that my beloved Grandling with everything to live for is dead, whereas I, his Nana who has nothing to live for save my beloved cat, is still alive.   Carl was a failed conversion to feline love, but he always understood cat-wise, and we bantered with a light and loving heart - "If you say so Nana".   My Grandling always understood my booze demons, and I hope that the best of the best which I was able to give to him in support of his were good enough.  He had the gift to me of quietly listening and never forcing advice, which I always returned.  We kept each others booze related confidences and never broke a single word of trust - which is a gift more precious than all the gold in the world.   Oh my dearest Grandling.  I will miss you so much.  Love from your broken hearted Nana.   

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #563 on: November 18, 2017, 10:33:41 pm »
Terribly sad. As can be seen from the alcohol issues thread, he fought a tough battle. Thoughts with his friends and family.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #564 on: November 19, 2017, 12:35:01 am »
Rest in peace RAWK legend  :wave
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #565 on: November 19, 2017, 12:48:11 am »
RIP Carl.

Codlaim go daor dearg agus táthar ag súil go mbainfimid le chéile i réimse mór an Learpholl sa spéir agus d'fhéadfadh cuimhneamh ar do theaghlach na huaire sona, gloine a ardú agus na hamanna a thug tú a thabhairt dóibh sna laethanta atá imithe.

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2017, 01:36:42 am »
Such sad news, I can only pass only my condolences to Carl's family and a hope that he is at peace and free of pain x

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:25 am »
RIP.

Funny, intelligent man. My thoughts are with his family.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #568 on: November 19, 2017, 08:26:23 am »
Very sad news. RIP.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:55 am »
RIP Carl.

Codlaim go daor dearg agus táthar ag súil go mbainfimid le chéile i réimse mór an Learpholl sa spéir agus d'fhéadfadh cuimhneamh ar do theaghlach na huaire sona, gloine a ardú agus na hamanna a thug tú a thabhairt dóibh sna laethanta atá imithe.
Nice sentiment that Sarge. Was gonna post the whole may the road rise to meet you thing but it didn't feel right......

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2017, 10:12:48 am »
We'll carry you with us, Carl.

One of us.

Rest easy, brother.

YNWA
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #571 on: November 19, 2017, 11:39:06 am »
RIP Carl.

I am sorry that I never got the chance to know you. But you got POP to come out of retirement for his final post. So I know you were loved here.
You are gone too soon. I hope you have found peace.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:17 am »
Absolutely devastated to have heard the news, through a broken laptop and old email I've resigned up though this account.

So apologies to all for having not been able to offer updates, glad to see others have been picking up that baton.

I spoke to Carl literally only a matter how of a week before he was taken unwell into hospital, and it feels incredibly surreal knowing I can't just ping him a message or pick up the phone for a chin wag with the fella.

My heart goes out to his family and friends, everybody who had the pleasure of his company - as despite his demons his heart was always willing and his humour - well he could have you in tears telling his candid stories :)

A lovely bloke deep down - I hope he finds the peace that alluded him in life

Will miss you Carl mate. You never did let anybody else walk through their troubles alone, hopefully we helped you feel warm and loved through yours X

Alex
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:45:21 am by A-Bomb »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2017, 12:32:31 pm »
This is a message from Carl's sister that she wanted putting on here.

Hello my love
Thank you so very much for such a lovely message. I really am finding RAWK alike a great big virtual hug at the moment. It’s the only place I can seem to find ‘him’ and his friends. Carl wasn’t a social butterfly. He had many drinking friends but only a couple of real friends here and as I do not see or speak with them persay I can’t get that whole cling to each other and exchange stories thing like I seem to have on here. I know I’m just an observer/ bystander but it’s still so good to be a part of it in a third hand kind of way.
I imagine that despite your united love of Liverpool you all have found so much more on here, and that for many it has been the lifeline to keep you moving forward each day. I think, reading these threads, we could have lost Carl many many times over the years but you guys kept him here. For that alone I will always be indebted to you all.
I know this is a private message, I think I’m working it all out, but I would be happy for you to share my words to those who knew and helped Carl. I don’t know anyone of you, not as real people, but I guess Carl knew you well and you him.
Thank you again for taking the time out to send support.
Much love
Helen x
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: November 19, 2017, 12:37:22 pm »
Have only just seen this,Deepest Sympathy to all of  Carl's family &many many red friends...RIP YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: November 19, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
Absolutely devastated to have heard the news, through a broken laptop and old email I've resigned up though this account.
Alex
Hi again Alex (see your PMs by the way please) and thanks for coming back in to post that lovely message for Carl. Many share your sense of devastation and loss. We're working on way to ensure Carl's life leaves behind it a positive legacy. More on that as it happens. In the meantime, I'm know that Helen and the family are grateful for all the support they're receiving through here - and your message is part of that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #576 on: November 19, 2017, 01:17:17 pm »
Some fabulous testimonials to Carl on here...

I’m sure he would have been utterly embarrassed by them if he had had the chance to read them :)

Such a shame he never got the chance to finish that book too, would have brought tears of laughter and sadness ...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #577 on: November 19, 2017, 01:37:13 pm »
Some fabulous testimonials to Carl on here...

I’m sure he would have been utterly embarrassed by them if he had had the chance to read them :)

Such a shame he never got the chance to finish that book too, would have brought tears of laughter and sadness ...

He sent me the first chapter years back for me to read it and give him my opinion. That pc broke and I couldn't save anything off the HD. It really annoys me now. I would've loved to have it and also to be able to show it to his family..... :no

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
He sent me the first chapter years back for me to read it and give him my opinion. That pc broke and I couldn't save anything off the HD.

We’re the two incidents related? :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:27 pm »
We’re the two incidents related? :)

Bet his grammar wasn't as bad as yours!!  ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »
#burn :lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2017, 03:07:25 pm »

My grammar is exceptional. My typing on a smart phone and proof reading, les so. ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »
FINALLY we learn your real name, Les.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2017, 03:10:10 pm »
FINALLY we learn your real name, Les.

French aren’t I.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2017, 03:32:22 pm »
Les, he started at the beginning so it was childhood memories mostly....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2017, 03:50:08 pm »
Okay, in other news, we've asked Carl's family how we can best help - flowers, kittens, donations to charidee (Cat Rescue, maybe?), or whatever is needed.

Turns out (perhaps unsurprisingly) that Carl was a man of few means and the family is going be landed with the funeral costs.

Can't be having that, so I've started the process of creating a JustGiving page so we can help cover the costs of Carl's funeral. When that's approved, I'll post the link here.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2017, 04:04:24 pm »
Gutted to see this.

Similar to others, I never met Carl personally, but RAWK is a community and he was a huge part of it. He’s one of us and will be sadly missed.

RIP Carl, mate.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »
Okay, in other news, we've asked Carl's family how we can best help - flowers, kittens, donations to charidee (Cat Rescue, maybe?), or whatever is needed.

Turns out (perhaps unsurprisingly) that Carl was a man of few means and the family is going be landed with the funeral costs.

Can't be having that, so I've started the process of creating a JustGiving page so we can help cover the costs of Carl's funeral. When that's approved, I'll post the link here.

Does it have to be paid before the funeral? I see it's on 29th, but I only get paid on 28th. I will be able to donate a fiver or something now as I'm skint until I get paid (Gaming computers for 11 year olds are expensive), but can contribute more when I do.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
Does it have to be paid before the funeral? I see it's on 29th, but I only get paid on 28th. I will be able to donate a fiver or something now as I'm skint until I get paid (Gaming computers for 11 year olds are expensive), but can contribute more when I do.
Uncertain - will see what the family say. I would imagine the funeral directors invoice with terms after the event, seems a bit cruel to demand payment up front from a grieving family! I've never had to get involved in any such arrangement.

I have to await approval from JustGiving before launching anyway. Thanks Barney, let's see how this pans out......

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: November 19, 2017, 04:22:49 pm »

When my dad died we didn’t pay until after the funeral but I live in Denmark maybe things are done differently here...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: November 19, 2017, 04:24:41 pm »
When my dad died we didn’t pay until after the funeral but I live in Denmark maybe things are done differently here...

As with 24/7, I've never had to get involved in that side of a funeral so I'm genuinely clueless as to how it works.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #591 on: November 19, 2017, 04:56:35 pm »

Happy to help his family out.....

Kittens though... :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline A Feint Zebra

• What anti-perspirant do pessimistic people use? Not Sure.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Feint, but still stripey.
    • Feint Zebra
« Reply #592 on: November 19, 2017, 05:26:58 pm »
Was just popping into see some peoples artworks and perhaps add a few of my own, and read this horrible news.

Never met the chap but had some right giggles with him, and at him in the past as he was just great fodder to poke fun at, particularly in that ridiculous tron suit (why on earth did he give us the ammunition!).

RIP Lad.
Spread some love on Facebook, give me some shit on Twitter or come & look around My Website | Play Lurking Thommo! Can you find him? | A FOOTBALL RUMOUR site

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #593 on: November 19, 2017, 05:48:05 pm »
Just came on and saw the very sad news.

RIP mate
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #594 on: November 19, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
Uncertain - will see what the family say. I would imagine the funeral directors invoice with terms after the event, seems a bit cruel to demand payment up front from a grieving family! I've never had to get involved in any such arrangement.

I have to await approval from JustGiving before launching anyway. Thanks Barney, let's see how this pans out......
I arranged my brothers funeral earlier this year and we paid up front as I just wanted to get everything done and sorted as soon as, although they did say we could pay afterwards.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #595 on: November 19, 2017, 09:02:03 pm »
Was just popping into see some peoples artworks and perhaps add a few of my own, and read this horrible news.

Never met the chap but had some right giggles with him, and at him in the past as he was just great fodder to poke fun at, particularly in that ridiculous tron suit (why on earth did he give us the ammunition!).

RIP Lad.

Cheers FZ, you really did rip him to shreds visually. I think we all know deep down he loved it. 

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #596 on: November 19, 2017, 09:25:57 pm »
i haven’t had any direct communication with the man myself but certainly recognise the name

i know some know him on a more personal level but it speaks volumes that an individual can have such an affect on others through a computer screen

i deeply feel for him and his family and i hope now he has found peace . rest in piece

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2017, 09:37:11 pm »
Happy to help his family out.....

Kittens though... :lmao

Definitely.  Just a taster of what he can expect when he greets me when I cross the Rainbow Bridge with my furry mob. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #598 on: November 19, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »
Carl has just sent me this, he wants to go downstairs with the pitchforks

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: November 19, 2017, 10:47:03 pm »
Sad news to hear and my condolences go to his friends and family