Author Topic: The Kenny Dalglish Stand  (Read 35971 times)

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
Re: The Kenny Dalglish Stand
« Reply #200 on: October 3, 2017, 10:57:55 pm »
Fantastic to see and well deserved but it should have been called the KING KENNY STAND  ;)
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #201 on: October 3, 2017, 11:02:57 pm »
There have been many kings, but only one Kenny Dalglish.

A fitting tribute to a wonderful player, and even better man.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #202 on: October 3, 2017, 11:04:44 pm »
True  :thumbup
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #203 on: October 4, 2017, 02:35:56 pm »
Stand for the king.

[code

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: October 6, 2017, 01:48:48 pm »
Hopefully clean the roof

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 6, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »
Looks great, a deserved honour for a club legend.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 6, 2017, 02:04:02 pm »
looks alot better today than that pic - its all in red now and tidied up

that mark is from where the big club crest was attached - which is currently strewn on the floor at the Anfield Road end

Will look great when finished and tidied

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #207 on: October 6, 2017, 07:30:39 pm »
After being at Leicester and Newcastle with nice wide rows it's back to the King Kenny for united with the worst leg room in the league.
Kenny Godglish

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 6, 2017, 08:16:09 pm »
After being at Leicester and Newcastle with nice wide rows it's back to the King Kenny for united with the worst leg room in the league.

It was built when we were all short arsed skinny bastards  ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: October 6, 2017, 09:05:19 pm »
Hopefully clean the roof
I was thinking the same..... a huge dirty stain right in the middle of his name!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #210 on: October 6, 2017, 10:15:25 pm »
Stand for the king.

[code
that is fantastic and should be the graphic on the outside of the stand rather than what they’ve gone with

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: October 6, 2017, 10:33:39 pm »
Stand for the king.

[code

Wonder how that'd look as a new flag on the kop?

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #212 on: October 8, 2017, 08:00:04 am »
Wonder how that'd look as a new flag on the kop?
or carried through the streets as a framed portrait as they did years ago in Cardiff with Rafas picture.

Offline Brewers Whoop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #213 on: October 8, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »
Stand for the king.

[code

I bloody love that man.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #214 on: October 8, 2017, 02:56:35 pm »
Stand for the king.

[code

well, there's me next T-Shirt sorted....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 8, 2017, 05:50:07 pm »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #216 on: October 8, 2017, 06:52:19 pm »
or carried through the streets as a framed portrait as they did years ago in Cardiff with Rafas picture.
You are welcome to try it.
Often thought what a large version would look like.
It was only a half hour doodling in photoshop.
I don't own it, it's two photos merged.
So fill your boots.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2017, 06:54:25 pm by Alecs left foot »

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #217 on: October 8, 2017, 07:02:41 pm »
You are welcome to try it.
Often thought what a large version would look like.
It was only a half hour doodling in photoshop.
I don't own it, it's two photos merged.
So fill your boots.

Fuck it, i've got a few days off. I'm gonna try and print it out and get it in a frame for Saturday. Do you have a link to higher quality version at all?

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #218 on: October 8, 2017, 08:26:47 pm »
Fuck it, i've got a few days off. I'm gonna try and print it out and get it in a frame for Saturday. Do you have a link to higher quality version at all?

great stuff mate! ....keep us updated  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #219 on: October 9, 2017, 11:41:47 am »
I do have a 2.25Mg version. Would be to big to post on here.
This is the link.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158489546@N05/23738156068/in/dateposted/
« Last Edit: October 9, 2017, 11:44:02 am by Alecs left foot »

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: October 9, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

Found a cheap frame at a charity shop then the woman at Tesco printed a large version of the pic and put it in for me.

Thinking of maybe doing some red and white ribbon off the corners at some point if I get the time.

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #221 on: October 9, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »

Found a cheap frame at a charity shop then the woman at Tesco printed a large version of the pic and put it in for me.

Thinking of maybe doing some red and white ribbon off the corners at some point if I get the time.

You have done an excellent job. Thank you for posting the result.

Now for my royalties! 2 jelly babies and a swizzle lolly, please.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: October 9, 2017, 03:54:35 pm »
You have done an excellent job. Thank you for posting the result.

Now for my royalties! 2 jelly babies and a swizzle lolly, please.

How about half a packet of Trebor and the left side of a twix?

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #223 on: October 9, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »

Boss that......get in on the end of a pole like a Roman Standard and job's a goodun :thumbup

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #224 on: October 9, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »
Boss that......get in on the end of a pole like a Roman Standard and job's a goodun :thumbup

I could try and attatch it to a plank i've got spare but it might be a bit hard taking it in the stadium with me  :P might be easier to just hold it aloft as I parade it round the ground. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #225 on: October 9, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »

That reminded me of this Danny Baker classic:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Hhk8VVS2AU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8Hhk8VVS2AU?fs=1</a>
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #226 on: October 9, 2017, 07:26:42 pm »

My God Sir you drive a hard bargain. Deal Done.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: October 9, 2017, 08:33:54 pm »
My God Sir you drive a hard bargain. Deal Done.

I'll deliver payment at midnight to under the bench in Williamson Square that's closest to Sweeneys. It'll be in an unmarked breifcase with the code 6969. Pleasure doing business my man  8)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2017, 09:41:09 am »

Blue walls......what would the bitters say about that?!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:54 am »
Not a fan of Kenny Dalglish to be honest.

He should have been more understanding of Scully.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:12 am »
Not a fan of Kenny Dalglish to be honest.

He should have been more understanding of Scully.

I think Mooey needs to bear some of the responsibility too.

And to be fair, he did dress up as the fairy godmother.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:45 pm »
I'll deliver payment at midnight to under the bench in Williamson Square that's closest to Sweeneys. It'll be in an unmarked breifcase with the code 6969. Pleasure doing business my man  8)
You could have told me earlier. I passed by Williamson square yesterday.
Can I keep the briefcase?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:05:32 pm by Alecs left foot »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2017, 07:09:06 pm »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2017, 02:37:20 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2017, 10:46:37 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/12/sir-alex-ferguson-kenny-dalglish-anfield-stand-liverpool-manchester-united-old-rivals

The Centenary Stand at Anfield becomes the Kenny Dalglish Stand on Friday and the guest list for the renaming ceremony both confirms and challenges the Scot’s reputation at Liverpool. Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher will be there at Dalglish’s request, so too Alan Hansen, former chief executive Peter Robinson and long-serving members of the Melwood canteen, Carol and Caroline. It will be the presence of Mr. Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton, however, that underlines how respect can transcend rivalry. Eventually.

There was a time when the relationship between Dalglish and Ferguson reflected the hostility between Liverpool and Manchester United, who renew their fractious rivalry on Saturday at Anfield. No longer. Time has not been the healer so much as stepping away from the pressures of management and having to fight their respective corners. It matters to Dalglish that his old adversary from Old Trafford has agreed to visit Merseyside 24 hours early, along with Charlton, two days after the United legend celebrated his 80th birthday.

“Fergie’s actions speak louder than 1,000 words, him and Sir Bobby coming over,” Dalglish said. “They did exactly the same after Hillsborough. They were over here early doors. There is rivalry on and off the pitch but when it comes to something like that there is not even a doubt about it – they will be over here supporting us and hopefully we would do the same for them.

“The show was never about us. We never made the show. We did our jobs. We defended our football clubs, our fans, as best we could. We are probably both more balanced now but it is part of your job to represent your football club as best you can, on and off the pitch. I think most people who come out of football are more relaxed, myself included.”

Tensions between the two Glaswegians were not confined to the Liverpool-United power struggle and Ferguson’s mission to knock the Anfield club off their perch. “I don’t even remember him saying that comment – it wouldn’t have registered with me,” Dalglish claimed.

They opposed each other in a Celtic-Rangers reserve-team game in 1969 when the young striker was shifted into central defence to mark the senior, frustrated Ferguson. They opposed each other for the signatures of Alan Shearer and Roy Keane when Dalglish was manager of Blackburn Rovers, winning one apiece. There was friction over Dalglish’s decision to have knee surgery that ruled him out of Ferguson’s Scotland squad for the 1986 World Cup and numerous spats played out in the press. But there was always respect and now, perhaps, there is also a shared recognition they are footballers from a very different era.

Dalglish said: “How can you criticise someone who is totally supportive of his club? That is what you want as a supporter – someone who is defensive of your club and wants to make a contribution. He made a massive contribution to Manchester United.

“Away from working, there has never been a problem with him. If someone came to manage Liverpool and never stood their corner, I don’t think the punters would be happy with that. He was exactly the same for Manchester United. After the end of a game we would always have a drink. Every time.

“When I came back [to manage Liverpool in 2011] and we had that first game at Old Trafford he shouted to me as I was walking on to the pitch: ‘Are you coming in for a drink after?’ I said: ‘What do you mean? I’ve always been in for a drink.’ He says: ‘Aye, but it’s changed a wee bit now.’ ‘Not for me it hasn’t,’ I said. You never spoke about football. You never spoke about what happened out there, otherwise you’d end up arguing. He represents his club fantastically well and I have tried my best to represent the club I was at. I don’t see anything wrong with that.”
Advertisement

Dalglish continues to defend Liverpool’s corner, insisting Jürgen Klopp is “the perfect fit for the football club” and backing the club’s summer transfer strategy. “If you cannot find someone who is better than what you have, why would you go and buy them?” he says.

It was in Klopp’s Melwood office last season that Dalglish discovered a stand was to be named in his honour by Liverpool. The decision by Fenway Sports Group, the club’s owner, rewarded Dalglish’s contribution to Liverpool and the success of his wife’s charity, the Marina Dalglish Appeal, in funding a new £1.5m chemotherapy unit at Aintree Hospital. “It is for all the family and I am immensely proud, but embarrassed as well,” he said. “Someone helped Marina and all we did is what I think most people would do and show our appreciation.”

As for being informed of FSG’s decision via a video call from John W Henry and Tom Werner, the Liverpool legend recalled: “John started speaking and I thought: ‘Jesus, what have I done now?’ I thought I was getting the sack again but it was a happy story this time. I wonder how long my name will stay up there?” It should be there for as long as Anfield exists.

It doesn't mention it in the article but I'm sure I read somewhere that back in their Old Firm days Ferguson used to pick up Kenny and drive him to Celtic training each morning as he was too young to drive. I know we all hate Ferguson, etc, but I find their friendship really endearing. Twice they've found themselves on the opposite sides of the two biggest rivalries in British football but they manage to rise above it and remain friends. I'm glad the 2nd greatest Glaswegian in English football history will be there today to honour the #1.

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:21 am »
Could they have cleaned/replaced the cladding behind the 'g'? Looks tatty!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2017, 11:06:28 am »
had to laugh at that quote "i thought i was getting the sack again"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2017, 11:07:42 am »
Looks like it has been...

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2017, 11:07:44 am »
Could they have cleaned/replaced the cladding behind the 'g'? Looks tatty!

They have now that's an old picture.

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2017, 11:08:36 am »
Glad to see, cheers.