Author Topic: Lego  (Read 51825 times)

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lego
« Reply #40 on: December 6, 2012, 10:35:29 am »
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #41 on: December 6, 2012, 11:23:36 am »
Ah, used to love Lego as a kid.

Obviously as an adult now I have no interest in it whatoseover. However if my nephews were to need any help with it this Christmas, I guess I'd be willing to sacrifice some time to lend a hand. You know, if I really, really had to.....

Especially if they were to get this  :o

Offline El Monjo Boig

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: December 6, 2012, 11:27:17 am »

Obviously as an adult now I have no interest in it whatoseover. However if my nephews were to need any help with it this Christmas, I guess I'd be willing to sacrifice some time to lend a hand. You know, if I really, really had to.....

I've never been a fan of these ones where one piece is so large. Look at the minarets and the sides of the main building, for instance, they should be made of far more pieces than that.
When he learnt he had chosen Moyes, Mou was incredulous. He screamed: ‘But he’s won nothing!’

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #43 on: December 6, 2012, 11:49:05 am »

My son is keen on Lego and we bought him that for his 18th birthday! I wouldn't like to say how much it cost, as it's now discontinued and we got it on Ebay. It's the biggest set Lego ever made.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 6, 2012, 11:56:06 am »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-10179-ULTIMATE-COLLECTORS-MILLENNIUM/dp/B0017V21EY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354788842&sr=8-5

This is the one i'd love to try; however at £3,000 it's a tad out of my price range

Hooooooooly shit.

I've got the Collectors edition AT-ST still in its box, as well as Boba Fett's Slave 1. Need more.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #45 on: December 6, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »
My son is keen on Lego and we bought him that for his 18th birthday! I wouldn't like to say how much it cost, as it's now discontinued and we got it on Ebay. It's the biggest set Lego ever made.

It cost £199.00 brand new, now you'll be lucky to get it for less than £1000.  It has 5922 pieces so for £200 it was incredible value for money - especially these days where you're looking at 8-10p per brick on new models.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #46 on: December 6, 2012, 01:35:09 pm »
Bloody hell. I have 3 dustbins full of lego at home - probably in excess of 30kg (must be easily that). Would it be easy to sell, or does it really need to be in set form?

If you're prepared to sort it and catalogue it you'd get a good price on eBay.  People like to have standard bricks so they have free reign to build what they want.  One of the bar staff at my local had a shed load she was going to give away.  I offered her £30 which she was happy with.  Then her other half checked eBay - think she got about £200 in the end.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 08:37:19 am »
Half term here, sat at the table with my two year old and five year old, watching them create their own universe, just as I did when I was...playing with the Lego yesterday. Best toy ever, hands down.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 09:51:45 am »
My Lego starship, HMS Liverpool (Mark V, Model E) will soon be 25 years old....

Was it always so expensive though?  I drool over the Lego X-Wing and Super Star Destroyer but man they'd blow an Alderaan sized hole in my wallet.  :o
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 11:34:12 am »
The licensed stuff is always more expensive.  If you're after an easy investment, the after-market prices on some of the sets are crazy insane.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:02 am »
Half term here, sat at the table with my two year old and five year old, watching them create their own universe, just as I did when I was...playing with the Lego yesterday. Best toy ever, hands down.

Incredible how big Lego has become. From 'just' building blocks to all the film stuff now and the Minifigures and sticker books (my son loves them), computer games etc.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 11:55:04 am »
Me and my brother-in-law were talking about Lego  :-[ last weekend and he dropped into the conversation that 36 billion Lego bricks are made every year, mind boggling stuff considering the prices of sets.

2012 seems to have been a high production year with 5,200,000 bricks made every hour.

2013 estimates for Lego bricks worldwide is 560,000,000,000 (I reckon my lads got half of them, Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc.) He's I've kept all the boxes in good condition and the assembly instruction books so maybe they'll be a long term return on investment, if he I can let them go.

Wonderful, timeless fun until you step on one in bare feet.  ;D

You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 01:08:23 pm »
The licensed stuff is always more expensive.  If you're after an easy investment, the after-market prices on some of the sets are crazy insane.

The licensed stuff seems to be the only stuff I can find lately.  Even Amazon is useless.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 01:11:32 pm »
My brother's got a good collection of Lego. He broke up with his girlfriend after her kid smashed up his display of it :lmao shouldn't laugh but apparently it was the final straw for them.

My little lad loves his Duplo. Just as bad to stand on but easier to see and therefore avoid.
I enjoy building boss zoos as he has loads of animal Duplo. He also has Batman and Joker who run the zoo between them, catching any stray animals in the batmobile and returning them to the cage. There's also an evil rabbit who flies around in a helicopter. Think I enjoy it more than he does to be honest.

Oh yeah and when my Dad comes round he does this whole sketch with this Duplo man who looks like Nigel Frottage about trying to send the giraffes back to Calais 'cos Nigel hates immigrants but has to work in the zoo where obviously all the animals are foreigners :lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »
My brother's got a good collection of Lego. He broke up with his girlfriend after her kid smashed up his display of it :lmao shouldn't laugh but apparently it was the final straw for them.

My little lad loves his Duplo. Just as bad to stand on but easier to see and therefore avoid.
I enjoy building boss zoos as he has loads of animal Duplo. He also has Batman and Joker who run the zoo between them, catching any stray animals in the batmobile and returning them to the cage. There's also an evil rabbit who flies around in a helicopter. Think I enjoy it more than he does to be honest.

Oh yeah and when my Dad comes round he does this whole sketch with this Duplo man who looks like Nigel Frottage about trying to send the giraffes back to Calais 'cos Nigel hates immigrants but has to work in the zoo where obviously all the animals are foreigners :lmao

Beautiful.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 01:55:55 pm »
:lmao

My eldest builds Legos nearly everyday, nothing that he builds (from instructions/sets) stays constructed for very long, rather it is torn down and changed.  Sipping a cup or coffee and watching the world he creates is lovely and the second best thing regarding Lego in the house.

The best is when the baby (now almost 14 months) comes to "play" with his brother... "CTzilla"  destroyer of Lego worlds and crusher of dreams and spaceships.

Never any tears after a systematic dismantling, as I tell the lad, "build something new."
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »
Coming soon.

:lickin :lickin :lickin :lickin
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 02:49:16 pm »
Have you noticed that Americans refer to bits of Lego as "Legos"?
It makes a lot of sense, but it sounds a bit odd to me.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »
Have you noticed that Americans refer to bits of Lego as "Legos"?
It makes a lot of sense, but it sounds a bit odd to me.

It IS wrong.  LEGO themselves issued a statement even saying so.  I think technically, you should say LEGO bricks when referring to the actual bits of LEGO but LEGOs is incorrect in ANY context.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 02:58:26 pm »
It IS wrong.  LEGO themselves issued a statement even saying so.  I think technically, you should say LEGO bricks when referring to the actual bits of LEGO but LEGOs is incorrect in ANY context.

:o
Really? That seems a little extreme.

Some bits are more brick-like than others.

I mean, obviously this:
is a brick.

But what about this?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 03:01:00 pm »
You don't say sheeps, and you don't say Legos.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »

Many fishes.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 03:02:57 pm »

Some bits are more brick-like than others.

But what about this?

That's a piece of Lego

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »

I don't say either. But then I don't say "A lego", I might say "A sheep".

And then what's this?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 03:05:56 pm »

And then what's this?

A lego sheep made up of many lego bricks

Or an ATAT i'm not sure.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »
A lego sheep made up of many lego bricks

Or an ATAT i'm not sure.

It's a very cute ATAT if so.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 03:09:09 pm »
It's a very cute ATAT if so.

No denying that ... very cute.

I wish I still had all my Lego. Hours of fun.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 03:17:30 pm »

SpaceLegoABBA
by Mr Nessy, on Flickr

Great for photography, too. Might have to play with, I mean do some serious photography in the next few days.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »

And then what's this?

A Lego Shaun the Sheep.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 03:39:57 pm »
Oi, LEGOs makes sense to me, and i am sure that it is not just Americans that have added the 's' to make LEGO plural. Adding the 's' is much easier then declining the noun to reach the appropriate number, tense, and case.

I understand the companys stance but it does sound funny to say: "My son plays with LEGO" or "I like building LEGO" as opposed to "My son plays with LEGOs" or "I like building LEGOs."

Regardless the little toy bricks that are multi-coloured, multi-shaped, and stack-able, are quite fun to build with. 

And that Sheep ATAT is adorable.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 03:42:24 pm »
Oi, LEGOs makes sense to me, and i am sure that it is not just Americans that have added the 's' to make LEGO plural. Adding the 's' is much easier then declining the noun to reach the appropriate number, tense, and case.

Possibly, but I've never heard anyone else do it. (Unless it was a Canadian. No-one can tell.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »

I understand the companys stance but it does sound funny to say: "My son plays with LEGO" or "I like building LEGO" as opposed to "My son plays with LEGOs" or "I like building LEGOs."

Regardless the little toy bricks that are multi-coloured, multi-shaped, and stack-able, are quite fun to build with. 

And that Sheep ATAT is adorable.
Do you say sheeps?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »
Do you say sheeps?

No.

Nor do I say Mooses, or Mouses, or oxs, or foxs. But this is the first I have hear of treating LEGO in such a manner.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2015, 03:49:24 pm »
No.

Nor do I say Mooses, or Mouses, or oxs, or foxs. But this is the first I have hear of treating LEGO in such a manner.

One moose many meese anyway

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2015, 03:54:09 pm »
No.

Then you must mend your ways!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »
Got to be a bloody maniac to say Legos  :o

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »
Then you must mend your ways!

I lost the instruction booklet...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 07:07:05 pm »
Just finished building this for one of my lads, the crane and the outriggers are motorised. Next stage is to make it radio controlled.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA