Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 24747 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #640 on: April 21, 2024, 09:56:13 am »
Red Bull would have been 1-2 without the safety car though. Had to pit when the SC came out and Perez lost track position to Norris and Leclerc who had both not long been in and didn’t need to stop under the SC.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2024, 09:59:40 am »
Red Bull would have been 1-2 without the safety car though. Had to pit when the SC came out and Perez lost track position to Norris and Leclerc.

Yeah but in that situation, swap Perez for Leclerc and he gets past both the other two. Probably Lando too in that situation. On both Restarts Max was able to pull out nearly 1 and a half seconds in less than 2/3rd of a lap. That's how much faster that Red Bull is with a top driver. Max and was lapping 6/10ths faster than Perez a lap when both were in clear air. That's just massive.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2024, 10:38:47 am »
I’ve probably said this numerous times on here, but what is the point in the 10 second penalty for Stroll? He was dead last anyway at the time the penalty was issued, and it completely nullifies the punishment. Ricciardo has his race ended. If you wreck another drivers race your punishment should include the start of the next one.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #643 on: April 21, 2024, 11:26:56 am »
Stroll is a clown, I'm really bored of him stinking up a decent seat now. He's still arrogant, still refuses to admit mistakes after 7+ years in the sport.

The AI-generated car labels that flash on and off can get in the bin.

Liberty were clearly concerned to reassure us that the event was a sellout. Given the huge banners covering stands, I think it sold out the same way the Etihad sells out.

Rosberg is probably Sky's worst co-comm, but I enjoyed him calling out Croft for just not understanding the race situation on several occasions.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 21, 2024, 11:31:01 am »
Yeah I thought Rosberg struggled on comms at times, he’s insightful to have around the production but not in the commentary box.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #645 on: April 21, 2024, 11:35:01 am »
Stroll is a clown, I'm really bored of him stinking up a decent seat now. He's still arrogant, still refuses to admit mistakes after 7+ years in the sport.

Liberty were clearly concerned to reassure us that the event was a sellout. Given the huge banners covering stands, I think it sold out the same way the Etihad sells out.

Rosberg is probably Sky's worst co-comm, but I enjoyed him calling out Croft for just not understanding the race situation on several occasions.

those 2 'stands' around towards the end of the lap have never had a single spectator in since the place was built. I doubt they're even viable as spectator spots these days.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #646 on: April 21, 2024, 11:56:28 am »
Yeah, really good drive from Lando that. That being said, Perez is so poor.  I know that Max is brilliant, but the pace discrepancy here between him and Perez today was borderline ridiculous.  Lovely moment for Zhou at the end.

Yeah when you consider Verstappen was able to pull away from Norris after one of the safety cars at about 2 seconds he wasn’t pushing and Perez was still a long way back from Norris and Verstappen.

Edit: just seen you said the same thing in your follow up!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:58:26 am by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: April 21, 2024, 12:02:03 pm »

Bringing some of that together can you imagine if Newey does jump ship to Aston Martin and you have Stroll driving an untouchable Adrian Newey car and winning a world championship… would be about as deserved as a Man City title
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: April 21, 2024, 12:45:10 pm »
Bringing some of that together can you imagine if Newey does jump ship to Aston Martin and you have Stroll driving an untouchable Adrian Newey car and winning a world championship… would be about as deserved as a Man City title

I don’t think Stroll has ever beaten a teammate over a season in the head to head, so he’s never going to win a WDC ever.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 21, 2024, 12:53:15 pm »
I don’t think Stroll has ever beaten a teammate over a season in the head to head, so he’s never going to win a WDC ever.

Your probably right of course, I’m just being silly but the fact Stroll still has a seat suggests to me that daddy isn’t as worried about being successful as he is about his son being ‘successful’, if he was thinking about the team and his own success then Junior would have been out on his arse years ago.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 21, 2024, 01:08:47 pm »

He beat Sirotkin, but not the greatest achievement that the sport has ever seen and I agree with your point. Even Perez trounced him, so the only way Stoll wins a WDC is in an utterly dominant car, with an utterly shite driver alongside him. Even with such as an advantage as the current Red Bull though, I'd still have doubts.

Rosberg is probably Sky's worst co-comm, but I enjoyed him calling out Croft for just not understanding the race situation on several occasions....

The clearly growing tension between Croft and Rosberg was probably the most interesting part of the race.  Not a big fan of Rosberg, but Croft is just awful. For people new to the sport, they're getting so much misinformation week-in, week-out. Nevermind the technical/strategic nuances, he doesn't even get basic race events right.  "He's come out ahead of Alonso". Nope, it's Stroll he's come out ahead of. Alonso is 20 seconds down the road you idiot.  "He's reeling him in". Nope, the gap has been like that for 8-10 laps. Shit like that every fucking race.  I'd honestly rather have James Allen back.  What's the point in a commentator who can't accurately describe events?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:10:19 pm by Darren G »

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #651 on: April 21, 2024, 01:27:49 pm »
stroll will win an f1 world championship at around the same time that satan goes to work on a snowmobile

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: April 21, 2024, 02:37:33 pm »
Danny Ric absolutely fuming because Stroll still refusing to accept responsibility for their crash. Stroll is a moron.