Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80813 times)

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
Re: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP
« Reply #440 on: June 1, 2018, 04:08:23 pm »
Mate, I just bobbed a reply back to Joe on your behalf and tagged you as Myriad are saying all refunds were completed on Tuesday so maybe worth diving on #YNWA
Myriad are a franchise of Global Travel so Tiffany tells them to refund money from the client account which can take up to 6 days but she fails to mention that, just does her usual its all sorted speech.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #441 on: June 2, 2018, 11:31:07 am »
Myriad are a franchise of Global Travel so Tiffany tells them to refund money from the client account which can take up to 6 days but she fails to mention that, just does her usual its all sorted speech.

Ye pure shite having to wait another 5-7 days to land in accounts but as long as it does then at least people have the money back as was half expecting them to go pop, certainly World Choice Sports at least. There was a lot of people me included who weren’t originally getting fuck all with refunds refused but good news looks like we got this overturned for almost everyone.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: June 6, 2018, 10:08:51 am »
Has anyone claimed compensation directly off the airline?  My travel insurance covers me for everything except for fucking compensation for a cancelled flight

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: June 6, 2018, 01:43:45 pm »
anyone physically received monies back from WCS now? now being told its 10 WD after initial email said 5 WD (my payment was by amex so not sure how relevant that is to any other methods)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: June 6, 2018, 03:55:04 pm »
I got mine back

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #445 on: June 6, 2018, 05:38:28 pm »
Has anyone claimed compensation directly off the airline?  My travel insurance covers me for everything except for fucking compensation for a cancelled flight

Not done it meself yet but of the lads I’m linked in with used the tool and letter template on here, sent it recorded delivery and has had a letter back confirming receipt and that claim will be assessed from the loss adjusters. Defo worth everyone doing and even if we get nothing will annoy the fuck out of them and give a few sleepless nights to the shysters.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: June 6, 2018, 05:42:06 pm »
anyone physically received monies back from WCS now? now being told its 10 WD after initial email said 5 WD (my payment was by amex so not sure how relevant that is to any other methods)

Still waiting on £1898 meself, got confirmation refund had been submitted last Wednesday at 15.50 but nothing yet and now been 5 full working days. Annoyingly, an just to take the extra piss we had the £100 for the name change refunded at the same time but that landed Saturday in the account, chased them yesterday again and was told was 5 working days so should be “soon” which by WCS definition may mean anything....fewmin

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #447 on: June 6, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »
Mine came through today so 4 working days

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #448 on: June 6, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »
Those who have it back what methods did you pay by?

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #449 on: June 6, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »
Mine was on a VISA

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: June 7, 2018, 07:13:15 am »
Credit card

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #451 on: June 7, 2018, 11:35:50 am »
Still waiting on £1898 meself, got confirmation refund had been submitted last Wednesday at 15.50 but nothing yet and now been 5 full working days. Annoyingly, an just to take the extra piss we had the £100 for the name change refunded at the same time but that landed Saturday in the account, chased them yesterday again and was told was 5 working days so should be “soon” which by WCS definition may mean anything....fewmin

For anyone still waiting I got this from WCS this morning and basically blaming delays on Stripe.

"As previously advised in email that your refund is processed by us and money has left our account.  However we are aware that some refunds have not reached the client’s account yet.

To clarify on this, we have two merchant systems, one is with Brclaycard and one is with Stripe.

Clients who had paid through Brclaycard system have received their money but Stripe system has held the money for longer.

We have escalated this issue with Stripe and their explanation to this issue is that they will release all the refund money at once which is unacceptable.

That is why you have already received your deposit amount as it was paid through Barclaycard system.

The managers are in talk with them and pressurising them to release the money as soon as possible.

We understand your frustration and completely"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #452 on: June 7, 2018, 12:19:02 pm »
Piss poor that them blaming one of their supplier for customers not being refunded.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #453 on: June 7, 2018, 06:40:22 pm »
Piss poor that them blaming one of their supplier for customers not being refunded.

I defy anyone to show a worse bastard company than these fuckers at World Choice Sports and seem intent on winding everyone up and taking the piss to the maximum possible.......pure ragin but onto Stripe who seem keen to help get sorted, in fact the complete opposite of the impression WCS have given so what a surprise. If anyone in the same position and needs it you can get them direct on: 

support@stripe.com

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #454 on: June 7, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »
For anyone still waiting I got this from WCS this morning and basically blaming delays on Stripe.

"As previously advised in email that your refund is processed by us and money has left our account.  However we are aware that some refunds have not reached the client’s account yet.

To clarify on this, we have two merchant systems, one is with Brclaycard and one is with Stripe.

Clients who had paid through Brclaycard system have received their money but Stripe system has held the money for longer.

We have escalated this issue with Stripe and their explanation to this issue is that they will release all the refund money at once which is unacceptable.

That is why you have already received your deposit amount as it was paid through Barclaycard system.

The managers are in talk with them and pressurising them to release the money as soon as possible.

We understand your frustration and completely"

Perhaps unsurprisingly after a couple of e-mail exchanges it is pretty clear now this isn’t an issue with Stripe at all and is World Choice Sports:

“Word from my colleagues was that it was not a Stripe issue, but I'm not fully aware of the situation. I've been told to direct any questions to the merchant themselves, so my apologies for lack of more insight.

Hopefully they're able to provide some more context for you here. I wish I was able to.”

Defo not looking good this one

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #455 on: June 7, 2018, 08:32:42 pm »
This company has previous for fucking people about. Why did people use them?

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #456 on: June 7, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »
Sometimes you just have to dance with the devil

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: June 8, 2018, 09:33:01 am »

Was just a 'desperate' first world problem, I guess. I would never have used something like TC Sport had it not been for the logistical difficulties and I'm sure many others would have preferred doing it all cheaper/better.
YNWA.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 8, 2018, 11:58:48 am »

Hobsons fuckin choice !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #459 on: June 8, 2018, 04:33:08 pm »
Perhaps unsurprisingly after a couple of e-mail exchanges it is pretty clear now this isn’t an issue with Stripe at all and is World Choice Sports:

“Word from my colleagues was that it was not a Stripe issue, but I'm not fully aware of the situation. I've been told to direct any questions to the merchant themselves, so my apologies for lack of more insight.

Hopefully they're able to provide some more context for you here. I wish I was able to.”

Defo not looking good this one

Out on the road today but latest from WCS dropped in below. Don’t believe a word they say obviously so onto Stripe to confirm an defo won’t be waiting another 5-10 working days end of

Dear Customer,

We are again sorry for the delay of your refund.

The delay came from our card payment provider www.stripe.com
We have been working very hard to get this resolved with Stripe as soon as the issue came to our attention. As far as we were concerned, once we had processed your refund and informed you of this, the money should have been returned in the time frame we suggested.

We have now had confirmation from Stripe that they have refunded all monies to the customers bank or card issuer and it is now just down to how quick your bank return the money back to your account.

Please see the confirmation from Stripe:

On 08 June 2018 at 11:35 Stripe Support <support@stripe.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that everything has been taken care of and your refunds have been enabled again. All the refunds that were held have already been issued to the customers' bank or card issuer, and they will see the credit on their bank statement in approximately 5-10 business days, depending upon the bank. You can read more about this here:

https://stripe.com/docs/refunds

If you’re still experiencing any difficulties with your refunds, or if you have any other questions about Stripe, please don’t hesitate to get back to me.

All the best,
Juan

Again we are sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Kind regards,

Worldchoicesports

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #460 on: June 8, 2018, 05:55:13 pm »
Out on the road today but latest from WCS dropped in below. Don’t believe a word they say obviously so onto Stripe to confirm an defo won’t be waiting another 5-10 working days end of

Dear Customer,

We are again sorry for the delay of your refund.

The delay came from our card payment provider www.stripe.com
We have been working very hard to get this resolved with Stripe as soon as the issue came to our attention. As far as we were concerned, once we had processed your refund and informed you of this, the money should have been returned in the time frame we suggested.

We have now had confirmation from Stripe that they have refunded all monies to the customers bank or card issuer and it is now just down to how quick your bank return the money back to your account.

Please see the confirmation from Stripe:

On 08 June 2018 at 11:35 Stripe Support <support@stripe.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that everything has been taken care of and your refunds have been enabled again. All the refunds that were held have already been issued to the customers' bank or card issuer, and they will see the credit on their bank statement in approximately 5-10 business days, depending upon the bank. You can read more about this here:

https://stripe.com/docs/refunds

If you’re still experiencing any difficulties with your refunds, or if you have any other questions about Stripe, please don’t hesitate to get back to me.

All the best,
Juan

Again we are sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Kind regards,

Worldchoicesports

Latest from Stripe, not sure what the fuck World Choice Sports have been up to but looks like the money has now been released and assume anyone who was processed via Barclays by WCS should also be good fingers crossed:

I'm not able to check in on their emails with us and reveal that information to you, as it is a security issue, but the problem does seem to have been resolved.

I do believe that they had no idea that there would be any issues with the refunds.

As for the wait, I may be able to pull some reference numbers that you can give to your bank to get your funds quicker. I'll need one of two things: Charge ID or payment details.

As we haven't received that charge ID yet to my knowledge, I can use the details for the original payment to find the charge ID.

Those details would include:

An email address used when making the charge if applicable
Amount of charge and currency
Date of charge
Brand of card (Visa, MasterCard, etc)
Last 4 digits and expiration date

As soon as I get this information, I'll be glad to find any information we have on our side that might help you get those funds quicker.

Best,
Keanna

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #461 on: June 9, 2018, 10:44:13 am »
my amex refund came through today. it was marked as 29 may on the account but funds were only physically showing as of this morning. so that was 8 WD after i received my refund confirmation from WCS. Of course with it being a credit card i've had to transfer to my bank account to get physical access to the monies which is another 3-5 working days. so hopefully this sorry saga is drawing to a close.

In terms of other applications for compensation how is everyone getting on?

I've addressed the EU261 email to ethiopian but not had any acknowledgement yet.
I also cc'd world choice in that and have had an email back from Karen McKenzie from Adjusting services limited, acting as loss adjusters on behalf of WCS. This asks to send any information about costs incurred to them for consideration. Stresses that the refund money is not part of this consideration.
Haven't even had a chance to look at my travel insurance position yet but intend to.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2018, 11:06:01 am »
my amex refund came through today. it was marked as 29 may on the account but funds were only physically showing as of this morning. so that was 8 WD after i received my refund confirmation from WCS. Of course with it being a credit card i've had to transfer to my bank account to get physical access to the monies which is another 3-5 working days. so hopefully this sorry saga is drawing to a close.

In terms of other applications for compensation how is everyone getting on?

I've addressed the EU261 email to ethiopian but not had any acknowledgement yet.
I also cc'd world choice in that and have had an email back from Karen McKenzie from Adjusting services limited, acting as loss adjusters on behalf of WCS. This asks to send any information about costs incurred to them for consideration. Stresses that the refund money is not part of this consideration.
Haven't even had a chance to look at my travel insurance position yet but intend to.

I’m chasing ABTA on the investigation they promised would be completed during the report we got Granada to run to see when the report will be made public and actions planned. I’m one of the group who are in an interesting position as far as EU261 compensation goes as our flight (even though we didn’t know it) was re-instated after initial cancellation so technically doesn’t really sit with Ethiopian. I have a complaint in with ABTA and have sent a letter to World Choice Sports but nothing back yet.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #463 on: June 17, 2018, 10:57:29 pm »
It's abysmal that they have blamed one of their suppliers for their inability to refund customers in a timely manner. What stopped WCS contacting people and offering the option of the money paid back to them by BACS as as alternative.

When I worked for a firm that took card payments by phone, they used to clear the card machine down once a week which used to lead to the money being ring fenced but not taken and a supervisor had to verify refunds which is why they took an eternity. The terms API refers to Application Interface and implies that refunds should be done real time rather than lifetime.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: June 18, 2018, 08:02:57 am »
Can believe the club are allowing these to sell hospitality packages for the new season after them screwing people over for final flights
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2018, 10:03:54 am »
Seems to be a recurring theme with these Travel Agents they blame their suppliers for everything. That Tiffany from Myriad wont take ownership of anything just blames suppliers and now calls herself a booking agent. The CAA are worse than useless just palm you off with a generic pre written statement half of which is not even relevant to my situation. The Club/Supporters Liaison Group will say they are looking into and do nothing.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2018, 09:52:20 pm »
Emre Can took that long to get to Juventus assume he must have used World Choice Sports to book his flights an travel.....mind you maybe not as at least he got there unlike most of their “customers” the useless c*nts

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #467 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:15 pm »
So world choice sports are selling ticket and accommodation packages . Surely they must have obtained these tickets officially through the club ?! You couldn’t make this up.

https://www.worldchoicesports.co.uk/product-page/liverpool-fc

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #468 on: June 26, 2018, 02:36:37 pm »
So world choice sports are selling ticket and accommodation packages . Surely they must have obtained these tickets officially through the club ?! You couldn’t make this up.

I put that on Twitter earlier, after the debacle of the cancelled flights, its an absolute joke if the club have got anything to do with this.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #469 on: June 26, 2018, 06:24:30 pm »
Have they taken over from Thomas Cook then or are they both doing it now?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #470 on: June 26, 2018, 10:46:48 pm »
Apparently SOS are aware and are investigating further ...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: June 26, 2018, 11:53:50 pm »

could be they have a few corporate STs that you get for this?

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #472 on: June 27, 2018, 06:59:54 am »
Apparently SOS are aware and are investigating further ...

So nothing it's being done then

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #473 on: June 27, 2018, 07:58:53 am »
Have they taken over from Thomas Cook then or are they both doing it now?

Doesn't appear so. WCS sell unofficial ticket+hotel packages for lots of teams around Europe. The hotel bit is how they get around touting rules.

could be they have a few corporate STs that you get for this?

Is probably the answer.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: June 27, 2018, 10:55:17 pm »
Put my flight details forward for a no win no fee claim site for cancelled flights and they've said I'm not eligible anyway

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:54 pm »
Is anyone any further on with the follow ups?

I've had nothing from Ethiopian (I don't really expect anything as I don't believe THEY cancelled the flight). I have had the email from Karen mcKenzie saying they weren't dealing with this, that and the other but asking me to send documentation. I responded with ''what documentation'' and ''exactly what are you dealing with?''.

She replied with ''we're investigating and will be in touch in due course''. Since then there's been nothing so just followed up with an update request. Wondered if anyone has had a firm response on the EC261 position?
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #476 on: July 11, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »
This what we got from Myriad on 16th June, note clever use of may be a lengthy wait. The CAA has already binned us off with some generic letter.

We have following advice from JTA submitted a claim on behalf of all our clients to Enhance Aero based in France and copying The Direction Generale De l'Aviation Civile ( French equivalent of the UK's CAA).  It is our understanding from JTA that our clients’ may be due compensation of 400 euros per passenger under Regulation (EC) 261/2004.

There is no timescale by which the airline has to address this so this may a lengthy wait as legal processes are followed however we will pursue.

We will keep you updated

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #477 on: July 26, 2018, 01:31:40 pm »
Ethiopian - nothing to do with us
WCS - their liability enquiries should be complete within 7-10 days - just got an email today

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:09 pm »
Did anyone else get a reply from the administrators?

Got mine last week to say ''not our fault, we told you to get insurance. You could try and claim against the airline but you've got no chance''.

Obviously paraphrasing but that's the message. FWIW, I had insurance with cancellation but have been told by them that it only covers weather, strike or aircraft failure.

I don't get why no-one wants to help us to be honest!
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline jim717

• Boys Pen
« Reply #479 on: October 9, 2018, 11:17:05 am »
There are two choices in front of you either you can go to the airlines by writing a letter for compensation or you can go for claim companies like ClaimFlights, AirHelp and FlightRight. But the issue is they will charge commission up to 25-30% but eventually, you'll get your compensation.

But if you don't wish to give commision you can claim it by yourself. For that first you should check how much compensation you are entitled to, you can use this free flight delay compensation calculator: https://www.claimflights.co.uk/claim-check, and after knowing the amount write a letter to the airline asking for compensation.