Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923254 times)

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #13600 on: June 14, 2019, 11:59:23 am »
have these been officially taken over yet?

Not even unofficially taken over. It’s all gone a bit quiet. Probably they’ve attracted another time waster like the last few prospective takeover rumours

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13601 on: June 14, 2019, 12:01:45 pm »
Ashely is no more than they deserve anyway, fuck 'em the poverty banter tory c*nts

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #13602 on: June 14, 2019, 12:43:45 pm »
sorry newcastle fans but i would be very very worried if i was in your shoes. Its cutting to close to the bone
 ta

From a very good source - no takeover = no Rafa.

Absolute shambles at the minute (for a change!) - just announced season ticket prices for next season - 5% increase - gone up 25% in three seasons!

This takeover SURELY has to go through!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #13603 on: June 15, 2019, 01:26:06 pm »
Early moves in the transfer market by the looks of it!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jYXWzP-GuUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jYXWzP-GuUc</a>

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13604 on: June 19, 2019, 08:40:06 am »
What’s the story with Rafa? Is he staying?

Who is signing players for them this summer?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #13605 on: June 19, 2019, 08:43:54 am »
Considering a deal from China, by all accounts.
AHA!

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13606 on: June 19, 2019, 09:19:54 am »
What’s the story with Rafa? Is he staying?

Who is signing players for them this summer?

12 days left on his contract

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13607 on: June 19, 2019, 09:38:36 am »
he honestly cant be thinking of going to Asia to manage?

really?

mind you id rather manage there than work for mike ashley
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13608 on: June 19, 2019, 09:45:01 am »
he honestly cant be thinking of going to Asia to manage?

really?

mind you id rather manage there than work for mike ashley

£12m a season I saw.

Guess if it’s a choice between dealing with Ashley again or coining it in for a couple of seasons then the latter looks pretty tempting.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13609 on: June 19, 2019, 09:50:12 am »
£12m a season I saw.

Guess if it’s a choice between dealing with Ashley again or coining it in for a couple of seasons then the latter looks pretty tempting.
yep. he doesnt owe newcastle anything either.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13610 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:36 am »
Will be disappointed in Rafa if he goes to China for the money. No doubt dirty money in a country with huge human rights issues. He can do better than that.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13611 on: June 19, 2019, 10:21:32 am »
Will be disappointed in Rafa if he goes to China for the money. No doubt dirty money in a country with huge human rights issues. He can do better than that.

He should really stay and take Ashley’s clean money, or the new Sheik’s oil money  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13612 on: June 19, 2019, 10:27:23 am »
He should really stay and take Ashley’s clean money, or the new Sheik’s oil money  ;D
Until Ashley is running concentration camps with over a million Muslims in then I don't think you can really compare. Any rich person who voluntarily goes to work in a country like that purely for their own financial gain is selfish. I don't like that so many fucked up people own clubs here but when you choose to go work for them in their country alongside the human rights oppressions, in my mind that's much more of an endorsement for what they stand for.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:29:59 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13613 on: June 19, 2019, 10:33:01 am »
Until Ashley is running concentration camps with over a million Muslims in then I don't think you can really compare. Any rich person who voluntarily goes to work in a country like that purely for their own financial gain is selfish. I don't like that so many fucked up people own clubs here but when you choose to go work for them in their country alongside the human rights oppressions, in my mind that's much more of an endorsement for what they stand for.

The club is owned by a private business, not the Chinese Govt.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13614 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:11 am »
The club is owned by a private business, not the Chinese Govt.
So you see nothing wrong with choosing to earn millions in a country where a million plus are imprisoned for being Muslim?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13615 on: June 19, 2019, 10:53:36 am »
So you see nothing wrong with choosing to earn millions in a country where a million plus are imprisoned for being Muslim?

I personally think it's a slippery slope if you start the judge people who work for private companies by the country they are based.

You could start questioning Klopp for working for Americans. Or for a UK based club. Neither countries have clean hands.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13616 on: June 19, 2019, 11:31:14 am »
I personally think it's a slippery slope if you start the judge people who work for private companies by the country they are based.

You could start questioning Klopp for working for Americans. Or for a UK based club. Neither countries have clean hands.
A slippery slope for what? People being held accountable for who they're taking money from and what they're supporting by working for them? Anyone rich in China has close ties to the state, that's the nature of their beast, and the decision to start the major investment in Chinese football and bring high profile names to their shores didn't arise from the wills of rich football fanatics.

I would like you to answer my question though. Do you see nothing wrong with it? I already feel less inclined to visit America with Trump in charge, but if he was to start sending Muslims to concentration camps, I certainly would not be visiting or working there. I definitely wouldn't view it as irrelevant to a decision to do so. To go to a country to fill your pockets while there are natives being oppressed and human rights atrocities are taking place doesn't sound in the least problematic to you? Christ I feel bad and angry enough going past the homeless people in this country. At least I can speak out against that and try and take action, you can't even do that in somewhere like China with the problems they have. Being paid to come over and shut up and do your football thing, add a few more millions to the millions you already have while whatever happens happens, whoever gets oppressed gets oppressed, none of your concern. Nah, it's not cool to me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:33:24 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #13617 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »
I can’t see Rafa moving to China. His Mrs wouldn’t have it for a start. They’re not short of a few bob either.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #13618 on: June 19, 2019, 12:25:31 pm »

He's a manager. It's not like he has a limit on the number of years on his career the same as a player, who you could more realistically accuse of being in it for the money. Maybe he wants to live in Asia? It is a fascinating place with a lot to offer.

I've been to Northenr Sri Lanka which only ten years ago was the scene of a bloody government conquest. I've been to Vietnam where people are still arrested for anti-government Facebook posts. I've been to Kashmir which is basically under military occupation. I was once unfortunate enough to spend 18.5 hours in Qatar airport. Does spending money in these places mean I endorse war crimes, slavery or oppression?

We pay taxes in the UK FFS. Just look at what those taxes are doing to Yemen.

It is perfectly possible to go and live and work in a country without endorsing the regimes every move. China is a country of 1.3 billion people and one of the worlds oldest civilisations.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:47:09 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13619 on: June 19, 2019, 12:50:47 pm »
I can’t see Rafa moving to China. His Mrs wouldn’t have it for a start. They’re not short of a few bob either.

that's the thing, one of his reasons for going to Newcastle was so he could work closer to his home.  Not sure I can see Montse upping sticks to China, and I can't see Rafa wanting to work so far away from his family! 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13620 on: June 19, 2019, 01:15:15 pm »
He's only been offered a job there, most likely he'll not even seriously consider it. He'll either stay at Newcastle or look for a job in England/elsewhere in Europe.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #13621 on: June 19, 2019, 03:35:14 pm »
A slippery slope for what? People being held accountable for who they're taking money from and what they're supporting by working for them? Anyone rich in China has close ties to the state, that's the nature of their beast, and the decision to start the major investment in Chinese football and bring high profile names to their shores didn't arise from the wills of rich football fanatics.

I would like you to answer my question though. Do you see nothing wrong with it? I already feel less inclined to visit America with Trump in charge, but if he was to start sending Muslims to concentration camps, I certainly would not be visiting or working there. I definitely wouldn't view it as irrelevant to a decision to do so. To go to a country to fill your pockets while there are natives being oppressed and human rights atrocities are taking place doesn't sound in the least problematic to you? Christ I feel bad and angry enough going past the homeless people in this country. At least I can speak out against that and try and take action, you can't even do that in somewhere like China with the problems they have. Being paid to come over and shut up and do your football thing, add a few more millions to the millions you already have while whatever happens happens, whoever gets oppressed gets oppressed, none of your concern. Nah, it's not cool to me.

Are you even slightly aware of the horrendous human rights violations the American and UK governments are guilty of?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13622 on: June 19, 2019, 04:04:58 pm »
Luis enrique has stepped down as Spanish manager.

be all over that if im rafa

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13623 on: June 20, 2019, 04:07:56 am »

Human right issues, yes.  Dirty money, how do you know?  There are many  business operating normally in this part of the world.  Please do not stereotype. 

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13624 on: June 20, 2019, 04:36:09 am »

You’ve heard about colonialism right?
Or the UK’s drones (not just the US you know)?
Or the 5 eyes?

There’s a distinct moral difference between private companies and governments.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13625 on: June 20, 2019, 05:28:19 am »
Luis enrique has stepped down as Spanish manager.

be all over that if im rafa
Be all over Rafa if I was Spain
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13626 on: June 20, 2019, 08:13:17 am »

The US is basically putting immigrants in concentration camps and have been for a long time.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #13627 on: June 20, 2019, 11:35:35 am »
The US is basically putting immigrants in concentration camps and have been for a long time.
and its citizens in jails..highest incarceration rate in the world{per capita}.. Hopefully Rafa lands on his feet , wgherever that may be
JFT 96

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13628 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:04 pm »
Be all over Rafa if I was Spain
think you put that better than i did

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #13629 on: June 20, 2019, 10:13:24 pm »
If I was a manager or even a player, I'd definitely prefer Japan over China. That would be a great country to live in even if the alphabet is really random  ;D That being said, Spain would do well to appoint Rafa, but I really doubt that will be their course of action. My guess would be Marcelino.
Linudden.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #13630 on: June 20, 2019, 10:19:20 pm »

Yeah. Mike Ashley owns a company that imports your favourite sporting brands which are manufactured by child slaves in the same country you're talking about. He then pays migrants and poor kids poverty wages (sometimes less than minimum wage) on zero hours contracts to sell them to you. The game - because of the money - is a disgrace. The only way this changes is systemic change.

I think what you're really saying and what is a fair argument is that you'd rather Rafa takes dirty money working in the Premier League or somewhere competitive than do it elsewhere?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:21:18 pm by Lucas DuoFlush »
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13631 on: June 22, 2019, 01:50:35 pm »
that's the thing, one of his reasons for going to Newcastle was so he could work closer to his home.  Not sure I can see Montse upping sticks to China, and I can't see Rafa wanting to work so far away from his family! 

Yep. Seems mad to think he'd consider it. Perhaps it is being used more for political ends to get him a new deal in Newcastle. The Spain job would make a ton of sense for all parties

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #13632 on: June 22, 2019, 05:19:25 pm »
Maybe you should empty your house of all the goods you have, funding these rich people with their terrible human rights. 95% of your possessions that you paid top dollar for are owned by these organisations.  Carry on nonetheless. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #13633 on: June 22, 2019, 05:23:15 pm »
Are you even slightly aware of the horrendous human rights violations the American and UK governments are guilty of?

Lol
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13635 on: June 22, 2019, 09:52:42 pm »
Great goal by Willian.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13637 on: June 22, 2019, 09:54:57 pm »
Justice done; that was never a pen.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13638 on: June 22, 2019, 09:57:49 pm »
Guess which dickhead is in the wrong thread  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13639 on: June 22, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
^ the newcastle  lads will be getting excited when they see Willian in the thread :D