Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 126272 times)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Agree with those attending the medical that Mo will be a big miss, we lose a lot of our potency and will need Bobby and Mane to play out of their skin. However we just need 1 goal. Losing 4-1 and going through would be great banter, it really would.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did we sort out the training ground issue? Last I heard we had to travel to Manchester tonight and find somewhere to train tomorrow, but no fucker was letting us use their facilities.

Have any of the scruffy twats in that god forsaken city given us permission to use their facilities, or are we going to have to use some local park that’s got dog shit all over the grass?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Did we sort out the training ground issue? Last I heard we had to travel to Manchester tonight and find somewhere to train tomorrow, but no fucker was letting us use their facilities.

Have any of the scruffy twats in that god forsaken city given us permission to use their facilities, or are we going to have to use some local park that’s got dog shit all over the grass?

We go tomorrow.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
What’s the latest on Salahs fitness .

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Agree with those attending the medical that Mo will be a big miss, we lose a lot of our potency and will need Bobby and Mane to play out of their skin. However we just need 1 goal. Losing 4-1 and going through would be great banter, it really would.

What ? Those attending the medical?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Since the first leg I've had an insatiable thirst for stuff to read, watch and listen to with regards Liverpool FC. I've trawled RAWK, TAW, Guardian, Telegraph, BBC, ESPN, New York Times, christ - I even logged onto Twitter for the first time in months. This thirst has meant I've been exposed to some utter shite, some decent stuff, some good stuff, some thought provoking stuff. All sorts really. Nothing's come close to the quality of that OP though. Seriously Babu - you should be free lancing or sharing this stuff with websites and professional new outlets. It kicks the shit out of most of the lazy, narrative driven nonsense that's flogged as part of subscription based websites, or included in national newspaper football sections. Truly a reason to love RAWK.

With regards the game - it is not over. It will be tough, City are a fantastic side. These aren't caveats, these aren't offerings up to the gods "of the jinx" I mean it. However, we're a very, very good team too. I've been saying it all season, I've been saying it since Christmas last year, even when some of the resident bell-ends on here were slating Klopp and the lads for our January/February 2017 blues. We've got a team full of character, a group of lads who’ve been trained as a team, who work as a team, who fight for each other as a team. A team who like each other and want to win and lose together. To grow together, to succeed together. One of the reasons City are so good is they have a lot of these qualities too. It’s why we’re two of the best teams in Europe. Don’t fear it lads. Don’t fear celebrating this team and group. They’re fucking great. They may not win the league, they may not win the Champions League, but there gonna give every little fucking bit they’ve got to try. And above all? We’ve got a team full of quality. All over the pitch.

This game boils down to whether we score, and if we do, when, and then, how City handle the next 20 minutes. So far this season we’ve scored 3 in 20 and 3 in 30 minutes against them. United did it to them for the second time in a week. If we get one inside the first 20 – how are they going to cope with that? Are they gonna be able to handle the swarm that follows? For what my almost completely irrelevant opinion is worth, I reckon IF we score, then we score another inside 20 minutes. Can we score? Yes. Regardless of Salah starting/being fit.  We’re the top scorers in this competition. We’ve scored away goals for fun this season. We’re built to play against teams who attack us. I was just as confident before the first leg that we could score multiple times in the away leg as I was that we could at Anfield. Nothing has happened to change that.

Team selection is essentially already done. Karius, Trent, Lovren, VVD, Robertson, Gini, Milner, Ox, Mane, Firmino, Salah. Solanke will start with Firmino left and Mane in the Salah role, if our Egyptian King isn’t ready. We’ll need big performances throughout the side, but has this team ever failed to show their character? To show their fight? Once or twice they’ve had off days – but they fight to the end.

The tie isn’t over. But we can kill it early. I’m gonna go balls on the line and say 2-0 to the mighty fucking redmen.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 11:04:56 am by wige »

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Team selection is essentially already done. Karius, Trent, Lovren, VVD, Robertson, Gini, Milner, Ox, Mane, Firmino, Ings. Solanke will start with Firmino left and Mane in the Salah role, if our Egyptian King isn’t ready.

You meant Mo there yes?

I'm confident he is fine to play. With top 4 being very much on, I think Klopp risks him even if he's not 100%.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is the presser today?

Yep at 1:00 ..here:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7pLrcn6MVeM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7pLrcn6MVeM</a>

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
You meant Mo there yes?

I'm confident he is fine to play. With top 4 being very much on, I think Klopp risks him even if he's not 100%.

:duh

100%, Thanks - edited

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Nervous as fuck about this now. We have given ourselves a huge chance so there is so much hope.

If they score early, will we cope or will we crumble (like at Arsenal and sevilla). Occasionally we have our headless chicken moments where we can fall apart. The positives are that City also have those moments when under pressure and we can score goals.

We need Mo big time. Just him being on the pitch gives City something to worry about.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
What’s the latest on Salahs fitness .

He's doing press-ups.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
My biggest concern is, well, not complacency but the team still has a tendency to switch off at crucial moments.  It happened when City clawed us back to 4-3; it happened again at Goodison, although thankfully they were too shit to make anything of it.

I know we wont sit back and try to defend a 3-0 lead for 90 minutes; but it's really important to keep our heads in the last 20 as we will probably start to tire. 

Score early on and it probably wont matter at all; no rash challenges that could see us a man down either.  We don't have to control the entire game but we need to control the start and end of each 45, and keep City boxed in for the rest.  If it's 1-1 with ten minutes to go I reckon City will give up.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Salah and Roberston are the two best signings in the league this season imo. 

Let's hope they are fit.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Think we need to manage games in parts.

Important we have the pace over the top if they go three at back.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
It will be crucial how we react if we do concede first.

The crowd will react, the atmosphere will change and we need to deal with that and not panic.

Not conceding again for the next 10 to 15 minutes will be essential or things will start to get dicey.

Hopefully we bag one first and we can all (almost) relax.  :D 8)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Aguero, previously...

** Image as a proof.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Think you got that confused. Dortmund beat Real 4-1 and lost the return leg at the Bernabeu 2-0 and were 1 goal away from going out on away gaols. We need to go all out to score one goal. I think we will get beaten in the match. Think we will lose 3-1 or 3-2 which will see us through comfortably

No I didnt get it confused. Klopp faced Real Madrid once more after they knocked them out the first time

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aguero, previously...

** Image as a proof.

How good do you think he'll be as their manager in the 2050s? ;D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I am taking some heart from the fact that we all know how we will set up and play. We will go there to win the game. I don't expect all-out attack but at the same time we won't be sitting back, parking any kind of bus. We are true to our style and Klopp has unrelenting belief in his players - whoever he selects and they seem to respond accordingly. And we know that City will only play in the way they know how and the only way they have to - to attack. And that will suit us.

I hope we are brave in those moments - people like AOC, Trent and Robertson are prepared to make those runs still, Milner prepared to break lines when the opportunity is there.

We should 100% be going there with the attitude of we can win this game - not just the tie. City's defence has been exposed drastically over the last two games - two of United's three goals came from their CBs being completely split and quite easily. In the first leg it was clear they were standing off Salah - they didn't want to make a tackle or get too close and that plays right into his hands - he isn't selfish, he will play Firmino or Mane in when he can, but he is also capable of taking it on himself and finishing.

My only concern is legs in this game. Of course we will have less possession but we don't want to be in a position going into the last 20 of needing to score or worse still, chasing the tie. That will affect us. Lack of possession isn't a major concern - we only had 35% in the last game but won 3-0. We can still defend zones and close spaces off regardless of their personnel, because that's how they play. They don't appear to have an alternative.

We should be going into this game confident of scoring at least one goal. Their defence will give us chances - we just need to take them. Ideally we don't want to be thrown into one of those end-to-end, mad, mad, mad games we can find ourselves in, but even if we do, a 3 goal lead is still good protection.

They are more than capable of turning us over and getting back into the tie. They might be more defensive/compact that we imagine them to be - maybe that is their surprise. To contain us and try and get the 3-0 for ET. The last time we conceded 4 goals was against Spurs back in October. We conceded 5 against City and conceded three a few times since - West Brom, Arsenal and Sevilla. I think we are a different animal now - the goalkeeper and defence in particular. This is a great chance to show how far we have come in that sense - this is another huge test for them. 

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
How good do you think he'll be as their manager in the 2050s? ;D
Haha!! In my wild imagination, it's Steven Gerrard who is kicking them out to relegation in 2030s...  ;D
Or Dalglish's grandchild, or maybe somtin magical happen.
A bloody gigantic pyramid also might be already part of Anfield panoramic horizon...
Shining beautifully especially after rain.

p/s: My f**king boss didnt raise my salary to finance my Anfield trip this year!!! F**k off!! F**k off!!
I even was staying until late night to finish my task or project as soon as possible!! F**kin desperate to save more!!!
Also pretending during lunch time talkin about my future trip is going to Anfield, Anfield and keep repeating that few times!!
And bloody he didnt realize that!! F**kin shit life I have!!! Not sure going to scratch his BMW or somtin if no raise for next year...
** Okay Im too emotional right now. Wont f**kin do that.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 12:22:08 pm by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
Actually kekking myself for this game. The next 30 hours or so are going to be hell.

We need the players to stand up and be counted mentally since, on football alone, we sail through. My biggest fear is conceding an early goal, maybe 2, and us losing our heads. We all know the usual culprits.

I'd be looking to VVD, Milner and Firmino to lead the battle cries and ensure everyone's head is in the right place the whole 90 mins.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Fernandinho: "We played them 3 times this season. We beat them 5-0 at home. They are a team who like to play long balls."

Not bitter at all.  :lmao

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I am taking some heart from the fact that we all know how we will set up and play. We will go there to win the game. I don't expect all-out attack but at the same time we won't be sitting back, parking any kind of bus. We are true to our style and Klopp has unrelenting belief in his players - whoever he selects and they seem to respond accordingly. And we know that City will only play in the way they know how and the only way they have to - to attack. And that will suit us.

I hope we are brave in those moments - people like AOC, Trent and Robertson are prepared to make those runs still, Milner prepared to break lines when the opportunity is there.

We should 100% be going there with the attitude of we can win this game - not just the tie. City's defence has been exposed drastically over the last two games - two of United's three goals came from their CBs being completely split and quite easily. In the first leg it was clear they were standing off Salah - they didn't want to make a tackle or get too close and that plays right into his hands - he isn't selfish, he will play Firmino or Mane in when he can, but he is also capable of taking it on himself and finishing.

My only concern is legs in this game. Of course we will have less possession but we don't want to be in a position going into the last 20 of needing to score or worse still, chasing the tie. That will affect us. Lack of possession isn't a major concern - we only had 35% in the last game but won 3-0. We can still defend zones and close spaces off regardless of their personnel, because that's how they play. They don't appear to have an alternative.

We should be going into this game confident of scoring at least one goal. Their defence will give us chances - we just need to take them. Ideally we don't want to be thrown into one of those end-to-end, mad, mad, mad games we can find ourselves in, but even if we do, a 3 goal lead is still good protection.

They are more than capable of turning us over and getting back into the tie. They might be more defensive/compact that we imagine them to be - maybe that is their surprise. To contain us and try and get the 3-0 for ET. The last time we conceded 4 goals was against Spurs back in October. We conceded 5 against City and conceded three a few times since - West Brom, Arsenal and Sevilla. I think we are a different animal now - the goalkeeper and defence in particular. This is a great chance to show how far we have come in that sense - this is another huge test for them. 

Nicely summed up.

Hope we set out to frustrate them, let all those precious seconds and minutes slip by.

Then, as they get more and more desperate they pile more forward and take greater risks allowing our boys up top to do what they do.

:thumbup

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fernandinho: "We played them 3 times this season. We beat them 5-0 at home. They are a team who like to play long balls."

Seriously?  :o

What a twat  ;D

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
We have proven this season that our mental strength is up there and can be utilized at the most stressing of games. Anfield played a big part lat week in creating the level we saw. The team will have to treat this one completley different without losong that mental synergy. This in itself can be difficult and can cause cracks in the team even if they believe that they can be in control. Thats why i feel that klopp needs to take the team to fhe etihad to try and win and not defend a lead. By having a winning mentality it creates a better team objective and a fight.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan

Good post.

I have no fear for this game,we know City have to attack and that suits our team down to a tee.

And that will be in Peps and the City players minds if they over commit and leave gaps between the lines then we are the most dangerous team for finding space and using that space in a devastating fashion on the break.

I can see this game being a 2-2 or 3-3.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 12:37:16 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Klopp on Salah's fitness to Liverpoolfc.com: “No real clue in the moment because we have to wait a little bit. We will see in five hours until we train and we’ll know who is involved in that." #LFC

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Bedwetters should take note of Pep saying we're one of the worst teams to play against with this scoreline. He couldn't be more right. Klopp's got this, folks.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan

Shit, they're on to us.

Plan B lads...plan B!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
So if all our marginals (Salah, Robertson, Moreno) are fit we could have a bench of Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Woodburn, Solanke, Ings.  Could be stronger but there's a few options there of guys who could do a job.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Bedwetters should take note of Pep saying we're one of the worst teams to play against with this scoreline. He couldn't be more right. Klopp's got this, folks.

Let's see tomorrow.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal

Hoping to hear an ironic chant from the away end tomorrow: "Long balls!  We like to play long balls!..."

Suitably timed of course...

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
May have already been asked, but why the fuck do we play tomorrow after playing on Wednesday while Real/Juve play Wednesday after playing last Tuesday? How on Earth is that fair?
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 01:09:05 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Hoping to hear an ironic chant from the away end tomorrow: "Long balls!  We like to play long balls!..."

Suitably timed of course...

Where the fuck has got we like to play long balls from ? It is almost inferring we are managed by Pulis or Fat Sam. Utter nonsense. We like to play a ball over the top occasionally because their centre halves are slow and a bit shite, and we have one of the quickest and most lethal attacking sides in Europe. Other than that he is spot on
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
May have already been asked, but why the fuck do we play tomorrow after playing on Wednesday while Real/Juve play tomorrow after playing last Tuesday? How on Earth is that fair?

This does my tits in about the CL, don't get it at all.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
May have already been asked, but why the fuck do we play tomorrow after playing on Wednesday while Real/Juve play tomorrow after playing last Tuesday? How on Earth is that fair?

It always works out like that. Seems mad.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Salah and Roberston are the two best signings in the league this season imo. 

Let's hope they are fit.
Ederson and Davidson Sanchez are up there.

Salah's the clear winner, then Ederson, imo. The rest is preference.