Author Topic: Purslow  (Read 56382 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Purslow
« Reply #400 on: October 19, 2010, 07:15:34 pm »
Did Rafa want a new CEO/MD instead of Parry? Or was that just H&G's decision?

As for Purslow, i think he'll probably leave when NESV bring their own people in. I probably wouldn't be adverse to him staying on, solely on the business side of things away from footballing issues

Rafa wanted a football man and went as far to say that he would much rather have a Director of Football than a suit like Parry selecting and buying players.

Hicks and Gillet listened intently and then decided that a football man might actually want to keep the best players and if they wanted to asset strip the Club then they were far better off with a Leveraged Buyout Private equity scumbag.

Take a bow Cecil.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:17:29 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: October 19, 2010, 07:18:58 pm »
And he should be fired for that - lack of - judgement alone.

he wouldnt be the first chief executive or chairman who appointed the wrong manager so i think it would be harsh to sack him just because he appointed hodgson (and there is a slight chance that hodgson could turn it around yet, i know it`s a million to one chance but it`s happened before, look at kendall)
but if he made the same mistake again then maybe yeah he should go .
but sacking a chief executive because he got 1 managerial appointment wrong is harsh imo.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2010, 07:19:00 pm »
a few things worth mentioning.

Stevie / Carra.. They are taking a lot of slack recently, and if rumours and finger pointing is true, and they are very plausible, then they deserve it. If they conspired to get Rafa removed then that is a serious serious offence, and can not be tolerated. Forget all the talk about what Stevie did for us and so on, we used to adore Macca and Owen, but they fucked off, because footballers are human, and very few deserve Fowler like status. Stevie and Carra are and never will be above the club, no player has or should be.
Everyone hails Shanks, and quite rightly so, but make no mistake, Shanks was ruthless, when it was time for a player to go, they were pushed out whether the fans or the player wanted it so.

For all the talk of who would we build our team around, and look at the great spine we have. Well, If those same rumours are true about Gerrard and Carra pushing Rafa out, then there will be a massive divide in the team. Nando has publicly stated many times how much he admires Rafa and how much Rafa has bettered his game. Do you honestly believe Nando, Pepe, and many more actually like playing now that Rafa was booted so childlishly, and do you think they are loving every minute with the culprits? of course not, they know something stinks. Now, the next question is... Will Nando and Pepe and so forth want to stay? So, have Stevie and Carra conspired to break up the spine of the team, and as a direct result the future of the team?

For all the Stevie and Carra worship, well they have been legends, and I praised them to the hilt for a very long time, the Stevie vs Lampard debates, the Carra vs Terry debates, but there is a line in the sand, the question is.. did they overstep it? Where were they last year, and in particular Stevie? Nowhere, so was finishing 7th all Rafa's fault? or should the players take some slack too? and Purslow for that matter? perhaps Purslow conspired with them to not give a toss about playing to their best, perhaps they were filled with doubt and negative emotions, thus affecting their play... a lot of this is hyphothetical, but you can see the impact that can be made by players jumping above their level and disturbing the club.

Purslow He deserves some credit for what he done recently, but this is far outweighed by the negatives as pointed out by Al 555.
I have to mention aswell that we dont know how much he contributed to ousting the Yanks, maybe he did a lot, maybe he didnt.. we dont know, but Broughtons influence appears to have been massive.

I don't agree with everyone assuming he is a liverpool fan, as he certainly doesnt act like one. He may be a Liverpool fan, but we have no definitive proof. he certainly shafted our most successful manager since the 80's, remember Rafa brought us to European number one level, and had a better win record than almost all our previous managers. It looks also that he manipulated Kenny, although thats assumptions really, but from what Kenny said in his book and was quoted in here earlier "Purslow said he wasn't interested in Kenny managing". Why is Purslow even making that decision? Surely in the absense of no footballing minds, you bring in some former players, or people like Kenny for consulting. crazy stuff really. Now, is this the path that would be walked by a genuine Liverpool fan? Does he understand the traditions of the club, the connection with the fans? Does he act in the Liverpool way? clearly, the answer is no.

One last thing, There is a big difference in a Rafa love in, and understanding that he was shafted by 2 cocks and a weisel and people want answers.
There is a lot to be said about Rafa, good and also bad, but to be so dismissive of what he achieved, and the level he brought us to is downright obnoxious and self serving. The reason we all expect so much is down to that man. It's fair enough if some people don't want him back, but don't piss all over his name to make your point.

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2010, 07:21:04 pm »
Why?

What did you think he was going to do?

what do you mean? i dont understand your question

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2010, 07:22:12 pm »
Did Rafa want a new CEO/MD instead of Parry? Or was that just H&G's decision?

As for Purslow, i think he'll probably leave when NESV bring their own people in. I probably wouldn't be adverse to him staying on, solely on the business side of things away from footballing issues
Rafa always said that he got on with Rick, but equally so that he wasn't best suited to the role he was playing (ie: closing transfers). So it was fairly obvious from his words that we needed a new MD or Rafa needed control of the transfer process. Rafa got control of the transfer process, we also got a new MD. Did Rafa ask for Parry to be replaced? I don't know.

Offline muchtyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:41 pm »
he wouldnt be the first chief executive or chairman who appointed the wrong manager so i think it would be harsh to sack him just because he appointed hodgson (and there is a slight chance that hodgson could turn it around yet, i know it`s a million to one chance but it`s happened before, look at kendall)
but if he made the same mistake again then maybe yeah he should go .
but sacking a chief executive because he got 1 managerial appointment wrong is harsh imo.

Other than casting his vote to get rid of G&H.  His time as MD has been covered in controversy!!  He doesn't deserve to be there.  IMO

Offline Big_Red

• Main Stander
  • #freesuarez
« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:16 pm »
#freesuarez

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:56 pm »
what do you mean? i dont understand your question

You say his mistake was appointing Hodgson. My question is who did you expect him to appoint?

I just find it totally bizarre that peope find it ok to have someone so inexperienced making such crucial decisions and utterly gobsmacked that after Hodgson you would let him pick another one.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #408 on: October 19, 2010, 07:28:52 pm »
Ignore the truth if it suits your agenda mate. I'm not interested in vendettas. Purslow worked to get Rafa out, he admitted it himself to supporters, and it was he who orchestrated approaching Hodgson and pushed for him as Rafa's replacement ahead of Kenny. If you want to ignore the facts and call Rafa, a good man who loves this club, its fans and this city, a liar... then that is part of your personal vendetta, similar to the pathetic tripe you spout about Pelligrini, and up to you. But I won't believe one word of it when we all know otherwise.

Got to agree with this Neil. Purslow was very instrumental in everything that happened in Rafa's last year here.

Thing is Rafa's not to blame for our current problems directly but some of those players are his signings and havent just underperformed this season.
I dont see why he involves himself with what we are doing anyway , its easy to say those things when yer in a different country.

Are you being serious? He's been mentioned more times in the media than on RAWK (which is some feat in itself!) as being to blame for this seasons results every 5 minutes... so if he's been asked a question about Liverpool and new owners, is he not allowed to answer it? After what shit has been flung his way since he left in the media then I think he has every right to speak about it.

As for Purslow. Someone said had the yanks not decided to sell up and Broughton not been brought in, wouldn't he be still working for their ends?
So not sure why there was such a love in for him last week? Yes, he was on the right side of our dispute with the yanks, but only because they positioned themselves into going back on their word. He'd have been doing their bidding still had Broughton not been brought in.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:36:40 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2010, 07:35:53 pm »
Are you being serious? He's been mentioned more times in the media than on RAWK (which is some feat in itself!) as being to blame for this seasons results every 5 minutes... so if he's been asked a question about Liverpool and new owners, is he not allowed to answer it? After what shit has been flung his way since he left in the media then I think he has every right to speak about it.

exactly. its also good from a fans perspective, and also for the health of the club that the truth be known about the trouble on the inside.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2010, 07:39:16 pm »
exactly. its also good from a fans perspective, and also for the health of the club that the truth be known about the trouble on the inside.

Yep. If anything, I'd like the man to tell the world exactly what went on in fine detail, as maybe, and I include me in this, some of the decisions he made last season that baffled a few people might be painted in a different light if we knew just exactly what he was having to put up with from players / board and C.E.

You know, not going to go into my feelings on what happened in the summer again, but at times I do stop and think how he managed to manage at all with everything he had to contend with from Hicks and Gillett from the minute they arrived.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2010, 07:45:33 pm »
I know John the milkman on the wirral and he said Purslow is a twat
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline RedFaced

• Kemlynite
« Reply #412 on: October 19, 2010, 07:45:49 pm »
a few things worth mentioning.

Stevie / Carra.. They are taking a lot of slack recently, and if rumours and finger pointing is true, and they are very plausible, then they deserve it. If they conspired to get Rafa removed then that is a serious serious offence, and can not be tolerated. Forget all the talk about what Stevie did for us and so on, we used to adore Macca and Owen, but they fucked off, because footballers are human, and very few deserve Fowler like status. Stevie and Carra are and never will be above the club, no player has or should be.
Everyone hails Shanks, and quite rightly so, but make no mistake, Shanks was ruthless, when it was time for a player to go, they were pushed out whether the fans or the player wanted it so.

For all the talk of who would we build our team around, and look at the great spine we have. Well, If those same rumours are true about Gerrard and Carra pushing Rafa out, then there will be a massive divide in the team. Nando has publicly stated many times how much he admires Rafa and how much Rafa has bettered his game. Do you honestly believe Nando, Pepe, and many more actually like playing now that Rafa was booted so childlishly, and do you think they are loving every minute with the culprits? of course not, they know something stinks. Now, the next question is... Will Nando and Pepe and so forth want to stay? So, have Stevie and Carra conspired to break up the spine of the team, and as a direct result the future of the team?

For all the Stevie and Carra worship, well they have been legends, and I praised them to the hilt for a very long time, the Stevie vs Lampard debates, the Carra vs Terry debates, but there is a line in the sand, the question is.. did they overstep it? Where were they last year, and in particular Stevie? Nowhere, so was finishing 7th all Rafa's fault? or should the players take some slack too? and Purslow for that matter? perhaps Purslow conspired with them to not give a toss about playing to their best, perhaps they were filled with doubt and negative emotions, thus affecting their play... a lot of this is hyphothetical, but you can see the impact that can be made by players jumping above their level and disturbing the club.

Purslow He deserves some credit for what he done recently, but this is far outweighed by the negatives as pointed out by Al 555.
I have to mention aswell that we dont know how much he contributed to ousting the Yanks, maybe he did a lot, maybe he didnt.. we dont know, but Broughtons influence appears to have been massive.

I don't agree with everyone assuming he is a liverpool fan, as he certainly doesnt act like one. He may be a Liverpool fan, but we have no definitive proof. he certainly shafted our most successful manager since the 80's, remember Rafa brought us to European number one level, and had a better win record than almost all our previous managers. It looks also that he manipulated Kenny, although thats assumptions really, but from what Kenny said in his book and was quoted in here earlier "Purslow said he wasn't interested in Kenny managing". Why is Purslow even making that decision? Surely in the absense of no footballing minds, you bring in some former players, or people like Kenny for consulting. crazy stuff really. Now, is this the path that would be walked by a genuine Liverpool fan? Does he understand the traditions of the club, the connection with the fans? Does he act in the Liverpool way? clearly, the answer is no.

One last thing, There is a big difference in a Rafa love in, and understanding that he was shafted by 2 cocks and a weisel and people want answers.
There is a lot to be said about Rafa, good and also bad, but to be so dismissive of what he achieved, and the level he brought us to is downright obnoxious and self serving. The reason we all expect so much is down to that man. It's fair enough if some people don't want him back, but don't piss all over his name to make your point.

How many CEO's have a so called football mind? Who is available that is?

How many of our ex players would you trust to advise correctly seeing as they are inconsistent with their comments and judgements anyway?

Everyone seems to be blaming each other.
Hicks blames Benitiez.
Benitez blames Purslow.
Fans blame Purslow, H&G and Carra & SG.

The fact is all have had a part to play and that is why we find ourselves in the current situation.
I have felt for a long time the club was poorly administered from top to bottom, and that there is something fundamentally wrong with the coaching which on the whole sees players regress instead of progress.
Unless people can identify and acknowledge their own flaws and make steps to either improve on them or get out we shall not move on. Hopefully the new owners will id these issues as part of their business plan and make these changes for those involved.

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46:01 pm »
You say his mistake was appointing Hodgson. My question is who did you expect him to appoint?

I just find it totally bizarre that peope find it ok to have someone so inexperienced making such crucial decisions and utterly gobsmacked that after Hodgson you would let him pick another one.

i didnt know who they were going to appoint, all`s that i know is that i thought benitez had lost the plot and had to go.
appointing roy wasnt appointing someone from left field, i didnt want him but i dont blame the board for making what was seen at the time as a sensible and conservative choice, okay it`s been horrendous but hindsight is 20/20.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46:49 pm »
well there we have it, and exclusive from Wirral :)

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2010, 07:50:32 pm »

LMAO

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2010, 07:55:03 pm »

How many of our ex players would you trust to advise correctly seeing as they are inconsistent with their comments and judgements anyway?

Hicks blames Benitiez.
Benitez blames Purslow.

The fact is all have had a part to play and that is why we find ourselves in the current situation.
I have felt for a long time the club was poorly administered from top to bottom, and that there is something fundamentally wrong with the coaching which on the whole sees players regress instead of progress.
Unless people can identify and acknowledge their own flaws and make steps to either improve on them or get out we shall not move on. Hopefully the new owners will id these issues as part of their business plan and make these changes for those involved.

you make some valid points about people aknowledging their own flaws, but i dont agree entirely.

When Rafa was being considered, Stevie, Carra & Owen were consulted, as far as i know, and my memory is a bit jaded here, but so too were some ex players. It wasnt soley Moores and Parry that decided to bring in Rafa.

Torres improved
Reina improved
Riera imptoved
Stevie improved
Carra improved
Crouch improved
Alonso improved
Masherano improved

We can add many more to the list, the fact that Rafa was able to sell on a lot of players for profit just shows you how much more value was added to players leaving than coming in.

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »

Hicks blames Benitiez.
Benitez blames Purslow.

Excellent. They all are to blame like it or not.. And based on that they all should leave. Rafa is gone - Martin is gone and now the remaining might go as well. Unfortunately the new guy is making things worse :(

When Rafa was being considered, Stevie, Carra & Owen were consulted, as far as i know, and my memory is a bit jaded here, but so too were some ex players. It wasnt soley Moores and Parry that decided to bring in Rafa.

And you think that a similar group was not? I can only go by what the media said so I really dont have any inside information thats why I am asking.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:01:29 pm by mariov77 »
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2010, 07:59:51 pm »
Maybe the english press should stop bringing him up every 4 seconds then.

Right, but what do you expect me to do about that ?
Yes they go overboard but he isn't without blame at all. He made some seriously shite signings.
Well, scratch that actually, he made signings and played a lot of them in unusual positions.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

And you think that a similar group was not? I can only go by what the media said so I really dont have any inside information thats why I am asking.
The media have dirty hands themselves tho.

Offline Tuckwoor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »
I was hoping that Purslow would see that his job (getting rid of H&G) was done and step aside. There is still time to do that Cecil. Don't miss the chance to leave Liverpool with your head held high.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:45 pm »
So you think he should be sacked then coz he didn't win the holy grail after millions of spending as per the media puts it?

How is getting the closest we've ever gotten to winning the PL for the first time, in a way that started to show that all his efforts & plans & ideas are starting to bear fruit isn't an achievement, especially when it came 1.5 years AFTER he was about to be fucked off for Jurgen Klinsman, which amusingly came barely 1 year AFTER he took HIS TEAM (for those who still believes it was Houllier's team that won in 2005) to the UCL final again, only to play better & lose?

How is that not an achievement for a club that hasn't been successful for close to 20 years before that?

2nd is not an achievement for Liverpool. Its that simple mate. Regardless of how much you may or may not have spent on players.
2nd is an achievement for Spurs or Man City. Not Liverpool.
How did we go from that to 7th the next season ?
Who is to blame for that ? Purslow ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »
Yes they go overboard but he isn't without blame at all. He made some seriously shite signings.
Well, scratch that actually, he made signings and played a lot of them in unusual positions.

He made mistakes and he did some very good things. He was/is a very good manager the best we had for a very long time... We are all pissed off that the replacement process was not really good.  If Kenny was hired we all would be saying how good Purslow is , but if (IF IF IF) kenny didnt do any better either we would blame the person that hired him.. Its easier for us as we love Kenny... At the end of the day Roy has A LOT to answer for .... Ok they hired the wrong person but the wrong person should stand up and admit it ... But it wont happen
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:52 pm »
Hicks publicly cited Rafa in his "conspiracy" rant and the English press and media have been unrelenting in blaming Hodgson's abysmal performance as manager squarely at Rafa's door. He's about to play Spurs, managed by someone who said:

It’s not their fault the expensive players who have been brought in are not performing as they should be.'
Redknapp points to huge-money signings Fernando Torres and 'costly flops' like Alberto Aquilani signed by previous manager Rafa Benitez as proof that Hicks and Gillett had deep pockets and faith in their manager.

No doubt the British press were asking questions about Liverpool... but yeah...

Keep your nose out Rafa...

That Redknapp nonsense is unrelated to how Rafa performed as a manager. Its total bollocks though like you say.
But its not just this season a lot of our players have been underperforming is it.

As for asking about us ? He didnt have to answer the question , or did he ?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »
Huh? What the fuck are you on about?
Who said I wanted YOU to do anything about it? You didn't seem to understand why Rafa was getting involved anyway. I just showed you why. And now for some reason you think I want you to do something about it? Are you on drugs? Seriously.

I never said Rafa wasn't without blame (neither did he btw but you'll just prattle on about it anyway).
So name all the people he played in "Unusual positions" .
Actually scratch that, I don't care anymore.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »
This is just becoming a tedious mixture of old ground and conspiracy theory.

Let's just leave it as Purslow Out and hope the new owners agree.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)