Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2789004 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #11600 on: November 19, 2020, 01:19:38 pm »
2 more years that's them signing Messi I would have thought.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11601 on: November 19, 2020, 01:25:11 pm »
I was really hoping he would go. Expect the predictable boring Messi to City stuff then.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11602 on: November 19, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »
I was really hoping he would go. Expect the predictable boring Messi to City stuff then.  :butt

that’s why he’ll have signed a new deal, I’m sure Abu Dhabi have already got the word that Messi will sign for them and have the deal arranged.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11603 on: November 19, 2020, 01:36:55 pm »
Messi on a free next summer, for sure. Two years at ADFC before he moves to ADFC-NYC to make his real money.

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #11604 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:24 pm »
Primark will be fukin buzzin.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11605 on: November 19, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »
Killer will also be happy, another 3 years of shitting on his fashion.  ;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #11606 on: November 19, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »
Can’t wait for him to stroll back while Robbo shoots past him at pace and puts cross after cross in.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11607 on: November 19, 2020, 01:42:04 pm »
Wish he'd piss off already. Be glad to see the back of him and Aguero.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11608 on: November 19, 2020, 01:52:53 pm »
Honestly couldn't care less to be honest. His players look like they have grown tired of his insanity and his failure to set up his team defensively is an ongoing issue. Klopp broke him last season and he'll never win a European Cup with City :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11609 on: November 19, 2020, 03:34:07 pm »
Have I missed something here? Why is everyone convinced Messi is now going there?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11610 on: November 19, 2020, 03:39:16 pm »

Have I missed something here? Why is everyone convinced Messi is now going there?

Guardiola has just signed a contract extension, and a lot of people think he wouldn't have signed if he hadn't been promised certain things from the owners.

Given everything that happened over summer and that Messi is out of contract next Summer, Messi to City certainly seems plausible as one of those promises.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11611 on: November 19, 2020, 03:39:22 pm »
Says a lot about how dodgy they are that have managed to convince him to stay when Barcelona and Bayern Munich couldn't. Would love to know how much he is actually earning, as well as what other benefits he is receiving.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #11612 on: November 19, 2020, 04:37:32 pm »
was convinced he'd leave after end of this season.

But not devastated he's staying....great manager etc. but Klopp has his number
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11613 on: November 19, 2020, 04:47:17 pm »
Seem obvious.

They were interested this summer.
Messi is Guardiolas comfort blanket.
Man City beat UEFA and can spend billions.
Messi is a free agent soon.

I’d say it’s fairly certain he’ll go there.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11614 on: November 19, 2020, 05:16:28 pm »
It is madness to bring Messi in now. How much will he be on? A million a week for a 34 year old? It would destroy their wage structure and they will be even less defensively sound than they are now. 
The only positive to come out of this is they will suddenly have millions more plastic supporters, but they will leave as soon as he does.

Seems incredibly short sighted for an ownership group that has been anything but up to this point.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:22:01 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #11615 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:22 pm »
It is madness to bring Messi in now. How much will he be on? A million a week for a 34 year old? It would destroy their wage structure and they will be even less defensively sound than they are now. 
The only positive to come out of this is they will suddenly have millions more plastic supporters, but they will leave as soon as he does.

Seems incredibly short sighted for an ownership group that has been anything but up to this point.

I personally loved Messi until our CL Semi-Final where he acted like a petulant baby throughout both legs.

Now? Now I can't wait to see a 35 year old Messi get bullied on the pitch every week, tarnishing his reputation by trying to make it in the PL at such a late stage.

Calling it now, if he goes there, he'll end up being regarded as a flop for them.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11616 on: November 19, 2020, 05:27:15 pm »

I don't see how Messi will break Man City's wage structure. He'll be on around 20m/yr. which the rest of the squad can hardly complain about given his stature. Plus 40m/yr in image rights, 20m/yr with one of their nursery clubs after City have finished with him, 20m/yr in image rights post-City, etc.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11617 on: November 19, 2020, 05:29:28 pm »

It's a long term plan to get him involved with the City group. Having the greatest ever player involved is a way of legitimising themselves. I doubt wage structure is really a thing there either

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11618 on: November 19, 2020, 05:36:19 pm »
I don't see how Messi will break Man City's wage structure. He'll be on around 20m/yr. which the rest of the squad can hardly complain about given his stature. Plus 40m/yr in image rights, 20m/yr with one of their nursery clubs after City have finished with him, 20m/yr in image rights post-City, etc.

You think De Bruyne will be fine that he is making 1/4 what Messi is when he has been there for over five years and won practically everything for the club?

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11619 on: November 19, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »
Well, other world class players at Barca were...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11620 on: November 19, 2020, 07:09:19 pm »
Club has confirmed it's a 2 year deal, to the end of 2022-23.  That should leave him enough time to sign another 6 full backs, and not win any Champions Leagues.
Klopp will get him fired sooner than that. ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11621 on: November 19, 2020, 07:23:54 pm »
It's nothing to do with Messi's current ability (given his age); it's simply a means to cover their regime's raw, pus-weeping, stinking wounds with the pretty fig leaf of a globally popular name.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11622 on: November 19, 2020, 08:02:29 pm »
that’s why he’ll have signed a new deal, I’m sure Abu Dhabi have already got the word that Messi will sign for them and have the deal arranged.

It's going to be unbearable.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11623 on: November 19, 2020, 08:24:54 pm »
We could also pull up plenty of off the field material to prove that he is an idiot to be fair.

There was a mad late shove in the back on Mané second half where he should have been carded. It was almost a tantrum because Sadio had outsmarted him by passing the ball before he could kick him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #11624 on: November 19, 2020, 08:30:55 pm »
I agree with the Messi comments. Guardiola has inherited winning squads at each of the teams he has managed, and has shown at City that his hit rate in the transfer market is woeful. He also bought his fair share of duds at Barca and Bayern.

This might be one last desperate shot at the champions league for City, Messi to be the poster boy of the sports-washing crooks, and Guardiola can cover up his inadequate squad building ability.

Messi is still top quality but will get torn apart by some of the thugs in the premier league. La Liga is childs play by comparison.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #11625 on: November 19, 2020, 08:44:58 pm »
It's nothing to do with Messi's current ability (given his age); it's simply a means to cover their regime's raw, pus-weeping, stinking wounds with the pretty fig leaf of a globally popular name.
This..........and the similar post by the other poster earlier.

Messi won't fair that well in our weather and against some of the brutes that grace our league.
He's not getting any younger.
He would've been better off going to slower Serie A, Juve and partnering up with Ronaldo. Now that would be great!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #11626 on: November 19, 2020, 08:53:26 pm »
Expect City to announce a new sponsorship with the Abu Dhabi state owned igloo builders for £100,000,000,000 soon.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #11627 on: November 19, 2020, 09:03:46 pm »

What makes you think they even have a wage structure? You have to remember just how wealthy City’s owners are, they are richer then pretty much the rest of the premier league owners put together, they have one of the largest wealth funds in the world if not the largest and sit on one of the largest oil reserves in the world. The only financial concern they have is how they can whitewash their revenues to make it look like they are following the rules (which we all know they ain’t), but the actual spending of money on wages or transfers, there’s zero worry about that.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #11628 on: November 19, 2020, 10:09:20 pm »
Their wage structure is, well, carefully structured...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11629 on: November 20, 2020, 12:08:20 am »
It's a long term plan to get him involved with the City group. Having the greatest ever player involved is a way of legitimising themselves. I doubt wage structure is really a thing there either

They are getting Maradona as well???
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #11630 on: November 20, 2020, 01:06:26 am »
2 more years that's them signing Messi I would have thought.
First thing that popped into my head is that he let them talk him into signing so they can attract talent and Messi is top of that list. Sounds like he's on the verge of a meltdown at Barcelona. Now with Fati out with a knee injury the goals are going to dry up even more. Fully expect him to come to City in January and play with Pep for a year before going States-side.

Messi is still top quality but will get torn apart by some of the thugs in the premier league. La Liga is childs play by comparison.
His last Ballon d'Or win was a shambles. Definitely should've gone to Virgil. Big Virg will surely be vindicated when Messi comes to the Premier League and gets the Robbo treatment week in week out from defenders who won't be worshipping him just because he plays for City or has that name. This could be his worst nightmare. It could cast a huge shadow over everything he's achieved in La Liga if he fails here. Good luck to him. :lmao
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:12:08 am by Morgana »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11631 on: November 20, 2020, 01:26:09 am »
Imagine. You are Messi and you've had such a glittering career ... then you end up at Abu Fucking Dhabi Sportswash FC with a bunch of shameless mercenaries only there for the pay cheque. You play for one of the biggest clubs on the planet, then end up at the Emptyhad on your way down again. How sad.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11632 on: November 20, 2020, 07:34:23 am »
Just seen a pic of Pip on the BBC gossip page signing his deal. He looks like a zombie. The rictus grin doesnt quite reach his eyes.

I hope Messi doesnt end up there. The wanking over him will be nauseous. I wouldnt be surprised if the refs joined in. Plenty of penalties to follow.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11633 on: November 20, 2020, 08:59:57 am »
Let them sign Messi, he is no match for Nat Phillips.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11634 on: November 20, 2020, 11:04:13 am »
Just seen a pic of Pip on the BBC gossip page signing his deal. He looks like a zombie. The rictus grin doesnt quite reach his eyes.

I hope Messi doesnt end up there. The wanking over him will be nauseous. I wouldnt be surprised if the refs joined in. Plenty of penalties to follow.

I thought similar, can imagine our shithouse refs being in awe of him and giving him foul after foul.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline taylorb1991

• Main Stander
« Reply #11635 on: November 20, 2020, 11:10:01 am »
With Pep signing a new deal, making his stay at City longer than Barca or Bayern, I'm surprised no-one is calling for the Premier League to look into how the man is paid after Mancini admitted he was paid off the books. They will obviously have to make Messi the highest paid player in the World to get him and there's no way they can do that and comply with FFP

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11636 on: November 20, 2020, 11:27:58 am »
Says a lot about how dodgy they are that have managed to convince him to stay when Barcelona and Bayern Munich couldn't. Would love to know how much he is actually earning, as well as what other benefits he is receiving.

They know where he lives. Probably got his passport too. Plus he knows what happens to business associates who... disappoint them.

Pep leaves when they decide,  not the other way around.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11637 on: November 20, 2020, 12:24:10 pm »
Don't they hold his brother as hostage (metaphorically) as well?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #11638 on: November 20, 2020, 08:32:11 pm »
They know where he lives. Probably got his passport too. Plus he knows what happens to business associates who... disappoint them.

Pep leaves when they decide,  not the other way around.

Was thinking the same thing as well. He looks utterly joyless. They've got him by the balls.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #11639 on: November 20, 2020, 08:45:52 pm »
Hope Pep does stay, he's clearly going bonkers and he's dead funny in the process. As for Messi, not worried in the least if he ends up at City.

He's knocking on middle age, he'll probably score 6 in the first 3 games against shite opposition, then got clobbered and will never be the same player again!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)