Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223865 times)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #800 on: October 9, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »
This will only have a long term effect if they make it a mandatory requirement when signing up to a new membership otherwise in a few months (couple of seasons) we will need another purge of the database
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #801 on: October 9, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »
V interesting this. Thanks Graham for answering the questions so promptly. I have told others about this thread.

I just hope it works and it helps stop the touts.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #802 on: October 9, 2019, 08:05:18 pm »
Similar situation we have in our group. People have ST with euro aways on, but league aways are on a different ST etc. Even though they go to every game, they are spread over cards.
As I posted above I have all but league cup aways on mine, and a diff card with those on.

I am hoping there is some way to do a one off merge. If they want the named person to be the person actually going.

A merge would be perfect for our situation.
Long live the King

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: October 9, 2019, 08:21:54 pm »
This will only have a long term effect if they make it a mandatory requirement when signing up to a new membership otherwise in a few months (couple of seasons) we will need another purge of the database

Good point.

A way for people to jump the ladder  is to  buy hospitality games and sell them (or some) and then you’ve got full credits in a year.

Needs boxing off.

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #804 on: October 9, 2019, 08:24:20 pm »
I think it’s a good idea overall. My situation is slightly complicated.

Me and my dad are ST holders and go to pretty much every game but he is in his mid 70s so now I’m thinking what we’ll do with his ST as realistically he won’t be going in 10 years as he’ll probably be too old then. Could I transfer his ticket to my sons name - But he’s only 3 so would they allow that anyway (and my dad could use it as friends and family till my sons ready to go to the game). Or change it to my wife’s name and do the same with my dad as my wife would love to go in the future too.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: October 9, 2019, 08:26:49 pm »
This is the best news in a long time. I see a lot of scared people who are touts on here are crying and hoping they will find a method around it.

Let’s hope the next step is biometric (Fingerprint or facial recognition) systems like some clubs have already implemented. The days are numbered for the touts and it’s time to enjoy it.

Name and shame them mate, the mods won't be long in banning them. You should name every single one of them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: October 9, 2019, 08:36:53 pm »
Been online and done mine already, took a couple of attempts before it accepted the photo but all sorted hopefully, says will get confirmation within 7 to 14 days. Hopefully it's OK as I only went on to look and didn't expect to be able to do it until Monday!

Now I am really confused I have had nothing through from the club to do mine.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: October 9, 2019, 08:38:15 pm »

Me neither. I'll wait until I get an email.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #808 on: October 9, 2019, 08:41:24 pm »

I was just reading the article on the official and in the FAQ it said something like "how do I check my details" so I clicked on that and because I was on an auto log-in it started the process!

www.liverpoolfc.com/fanupdate
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: October 9, 2019, 08:42:57 pm »
Me neither. I'll wait until I get an email.

I will too, want to make sure I do it all right.

Its a good idea but I cannot help feel there is too many ways around this to actually make a difference to touts.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: October 9, 2019, 08:43:45 pm »
I was just reading the article on the official and in the FAQ it said something like "how do I check my details" so I clicked on that and because I was on an auto log-in it started the process!

www.liverpoolfc.com/fanupdate

OK thanks, I will sort out at the weekend.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #811 on: October 9, 2019, 09:03:50 pm »
Graham!
Big Thank You for giving us your time!
Two things that concern me is how and what documents are eligible for address update.
Second is if you allow the touts to change the names of their cards to real names etc before this then what is the point of all this??? I can’t for the life of me see why a member should be allowed to change non existent names to real ones?!?
Or am I missing something?? I hope I am otherwise this is pointless exercise and won’t catch a single tout!
Thanks again

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: October 9, 2019, 09:04:37 pm »
Graham!
Big Thank You for giving us your time!
Two things that concern me is how and what documents are eligible for address update.
Second is if you allow the touts to change the names of their cards to real names etc before this then what is the point of all this??? I can’t for the life of me see why a member should be allowed to change non existent names to real ones?!?
Or am I missing something?? I hope I am otherwise this is pointless exercise and won’t catch a single tout!
Thanks again
lots of touts have many cards in fake names so at worst this should cut down the number of cards they have and frees up tickets for the rest of us

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #813 on: October 9, 2019, 09:06:30 pm »
Unpopular opinion. I would rather have thousands of touted tickets at Anfield than see 1 single proper fan inconvenienced by this new system.

Also the idea of the club (a private corporation) having a database of photos of fans alongside, addresses, DoB, credit card details and match day behaviour perverse. Hope there will be sufficient Data Protection safeguards
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 09:09:15 pm by gazzalfc »

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #814 on: October 9, 2019, 09:17:07 pm »
Unpopular opinion. I would rather have thousands of touted tickets at Anfield than see 1 single proper fan inconvenienced by this new system.

Also the idea of the club (a private corporation) having a database of photos of fans alongside, addresses, DoB, credit card details and match day behaviour perverse. Hope there will be sufficient Data Protection safeguards
Are they not deleting the photos, I think someone mentioned this earlier
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #815 on: October 9, 2019, 10:36:17 pm »
So .... by the end of 2019 the amnesty will be pretty much complete, ST's will be in existing or new names until surrendered, but in the foreseeable future other people will still be able to use them until a formal family and friends scheme is introduced?
Is that correct Graham?
Pretty much.

But if I had to guess I would say a Friends and Family scheme for STHs and members is coming at some point. The aways will be sorted too. Once you have finished with a ST then it goes back to the Club. Also a much better recycling via the Club  - quicker and better return of full value of returned ticket.

Graham - I presume you mean by the end of 2019-2020 season? I'm talking about ST holders

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: October 9, 2019, 10:49:43 pm »
For those that have already done it, you have to confirm ID with passport or accepted photo ID do you have to confirm address? If so how what do you need?

Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #817 on: October 9, 2019, 10:50:08 pm »
lots of touts have many cards in fake names so at worst this should cut down the number of cards they have and frees up tickets for the rest of us
Your missing the point I thought the same earlier and thought great but No all touts will be allowed one last change of everything name,dob,address etc of card to a real name/person. So as long as they find names or friends or family willing to do it.. they will still operate with lots of cards!
Read the FAQ it says you can change the lot on every card. Like amnesty for everyone.. defeating the objective here lol

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #818 on: October 9, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »
Graham cheers for taking the time to answer these.

I have a query for mine:
I have a membership in my name, homes, fa cup and euro aways on it. But no league cup aways.
For the league cup I use a different membership not in my name, and have done for years. The card only has league cup aways on it. I have been using it for years so I have never bothered getting them on my own card just for the sake of the credit, as I always qualified on the other.

Will I have to forfeit my league cup aways? Or can the card owner assign them to me in this process?
There are no games that overlap on the two cards, as it just me using them.

You will have to ask he Club but I think you might struggle.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: October 9, 2019, 10:58:25 pm »
Its gonna be interesting, watching all this unfold, from a corporate perspective I can see a number of issues if they make us transfer any additional tickets after 1 into other names :

1. The club sell seasonal hospitality with the benefit of a car parking space for every 2 seats held in one name for premium level and centenary club and for every 4 seats for dugout/ Premier club. If we can no longer hold more than one seat in a name what happens to firstly our contracts which all have them in one name, the club would have to draw new contracts and issue new cards at enormous cost  for a huge number of hospitality members including bt sport, premier league, Russell Howard, numerous lfc sponsors lfc current players and the company that creates the membership packs for lfc

2. A few seasonal hospitality members own there seats in a business name for clients  and Normal season tickets in their own name which they use how do you get around that?

3. Players such as VVD etc own private  boxes, with obviously a card for each seat, how do you get VVD to give 10 names of people and address proof for each seat, he won’t.

4. Numerous sponsors such as Standard Chartered own boxes, you can’t expect them to give upto 24 names and addresses, they would go mad.

5. The current stance by the club is the physical season tickets can be used by the named holder plus whoever else he wants providing he attends. The e-tickets can be transferred to whoever with rumours a new rule being introduced where once a ticket is transferred it can’t be recalled and reissued unlike now.

Ultimately for corporates I think they’ll just make us confirm our ID and address once for however many tickets we hold, or they’ll end up pissing off 3000 corporates including sponsors, players and local businesses.

« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 11:22:30 pm by daindan »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: October 9, 2019, 11:00:21 pm »
Thanks for answering everyone’s questions on here Graham.

I’ve had a season ticket for about 9 years but kept my membership going as it had Euro away credits on that they wouldn’t let me transfer at the time. Since Madrid 2014 away I’ve built up credits on my season ticket and a mate has effectively taken on the membership for the Euro away credits. I would happily transfer my membership to him but he’s got his own already for all home games. Any advice?

You will struggle to do that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: October 9, 2019, 11:01:01 pm »
A big thanks to Graham for answering everything he can so quickly. It’s much appreciated

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #822 on: October 9, 2019, 11:02:32 pm »
Sounds like a load of shite to me if it’s gonna cost genuine people their credits.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: October 9, 2019, 11:02:45 pm »
Chatting to my mate about his, him and his lad have used his uncles ST's for 5 or more years. He thinks if he registers one in his lads name they'll be moved to Annie Rd! Is that correct, seems mad. His uncle had them for 15 or so years (with my mate) before he handed them over.

If the lad is a junior and wants a junior price (which I suspect he isn’t bothered about) then it is possible.

If he registers and pays full whack then they may be ok. Best ask the Club.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:32:04 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: October 9, 2019, 11:03:57 pm »

If you want a membership that allows you to buy tickets you will need to do the Fan Update.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: October 9, 2019, 11:05:36 pm »

This.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: October 9, 2019, 11:05:51 pm »

I want it tackled but I half agree with you as well. It’s been self policing for years. Pass a spare onto someone you like. But it’s got out of hand and greedy.
I think we have to do something.
But if you’ve 10 cards in your name and you make good money each week you will find a way to register 10 genuine names. So you’re just annoying thousands and not solving the issue.
Touts earn money. Some earn serious money. This will not stop them.
We hear about touts with 500 cards. They could buy 500 ID documents online easily.
Put it this way. If you’re making thousands per game, you’re not going to read this and go ‘oh ok good while it lasted, onto something else’.
Some will. Loads won’t.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: October 9, 2019, 11:06:35 pm »
Its gonna be interesting, watching all this unfold, from a corporate perspective I can see a number of issues:

1. The club sell seasonal hospitality with the benefit of a car parking space for every 2 seats held in one namefor premium level and centenary club and for every 4 seats for dugout/ Premier club

They will get to this too. How they’ll solve it I don’t know given those tickets can belong to one company and therefore 4 in one name where 4 are owned. I’ll ask someone who’s in that boat ie has 4 hospitality season tickets and 2 parking spaces
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: October 9, 2019, 11:07:39 pm »
Graham - I presume you mean by the end of 2019-2020 season? I'm talking about ST holders

I think the Club want the Fan Update completed by the end of 2019 or early 2020 but any Friends and Family will be next season at the earliest.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: October 9, 2019, 11:13:53 pm »
I know a lot of this still has to be agreed upon and no one has a crystal ball but with the current understanding;

if a MEMBER passes a game to a family/friend, the member loses the credit and the family/friend will gain the credit?..

if a STH, passes a game to a family/friend, the STH keeps the credit and the family/friend will not gain the credit?..

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: October 9, 2019, 11:15:02 pm »
Just to clarify, myself and others are not Club reps.

We have been in meetings over a period of years listening to proposals but we have had little control over any of these proposals other than to observe what it might mean for people but this is the Club’s proposal NOT an agreed Club/SOS proposal.

My responses are to try and help people understand what the plans might mean not to advocate them - there will be some circumstances where the supporter reps do not know the answer.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: October 9, 2019, 11:24:23 pm »
They will get to this too. How they’ll solve it I don’t know given those tickets can belong to one company and therefore 4 in one name where 4 are owned. I’ll ask someone who’s in that boat ie has 4 hospitality season tickets and 2 parking spaces

Mate it will piss loads of ppl off, Parking passes can be transferred also.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 11:32:21 pm by daindan »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: October 10, 2019, 05:57:33 am »
This is the best news in a long time. I see a lot of scared people who are touts on here are crying and hoping they will find a method around it.

Let’s hope the next step is biometric (Fingerprint or facial recognition) systems like some clubs have already implemented. The days are numbered for the touts and it’s time to enjoy it.

You can’t just come on here and accuse people to be touts, very unfair. Card sharing between friends is across the fan base in friends and family groups.

Some of you weren’t making this much noise when we were shite lol. This is a fairly progressive step albeit an inconvenience for a fair amount of people.

///

Separately, I feel some of the messaging from James Pearce etc has confused a lot of the fanbase. Badly worded tweets etc caused a bit of hysteria.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:07:19 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #833 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:26 am »
I think overall this is a welcome step.  Thanks to all involved.  Hope in time, once the friends and family function is rolled out that the club brings in robust spot checks in the ground.

Like others, I wish it wasn’t the case that members will be able to change the name on each membership ahead of this, since this will surely mean that only fairly few tout accounts are removed.  Memberships generally are fairly new, so I don’t think it warrants an amnesty on names, as there might be with STs some of which will have been used by someone else for many years.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:37 am »
I want it tackled but I half agree with you as well. It’s been self policing for years. Pass a spare onto someone you like. But it’s got out of hand and greedy.
I think we have to do something.
But if you’ve 10 cards in your name and you make good money each week you will find a way to register 10 genuine names. So you’re just annoying thousands and not solving the issue.
Touts earn money. Some earn serious money. This will not stop them.
We hear about touts with 500 cards. They could buy 500 ID documents online easily.
Put it this way. If you’re making thousands per game, you’re not going to read this and go ‘oh ok good while it lasted, onto something else’.
Some will. Loads won’t.

The mistake is letting people change names. Without that touts would be fucked.

And the thing about buying fake ID online, apparently the software is sophisticated enough to spot the fake IDs

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #835 on: October 10, 2019, 08:40:23 am »
The mistake is letting people change names. Without that touts would be fucked.

And the thing about buying fake ID online, apparently the software is sophisticated enough to spot the fake IDs

Allowing people to change the name completely and utterly defeats the purpose of this exercise. The touts will be laughing.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: October 10, 2019, 08:44:25 am »
Allowing people to change the name completely and utterly defeats the purpose of this exercise. The touts will be laughing.

Yep.

Its mad really.

Right in front of the club’s eyes John Smith, Smith John, Joe Bloggs 1,2,3 and 4 will change that clearly fake name on their card right under the club’s nose and just be legitimately allowed to carry on touting just as before.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #837 on: October 10, 2019, 08:46:21 am »
Is there a link set up yet to submit your ID etc?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #838 on: October 10, 2019, 08:47:02 am »
No they won’t.  The system will be that BOTH have to go through the process.  If one is fake they won’t do it and they lose the membership.  Both need to exist for this to work. And the system will know if an ID is fake.

This will sweep up a lot of touts.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #839 on: October 10, 2019, 08:48:20 am »
Judging by the responses on here the name change amnesty seems necessary for a lot of genuine users/fans so I’m not sure how they’d be able to do this without it. Touts and those who wish to abuse or find ways around a system will do, but at least this should make things more difficult for them and hopefully that means more tickets available to those who attend games. Also if it goes some way to ensuring those who actually attend get the credit then this is also a good step.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp