Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226355 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2019, 08:18:06 pm »
Anyone that's already done the Fan Update heard back? Kinda want to do it asap but know it's a few days earlier than planned.

Mine should be relatively smooth but I am oddly quite nervous over my membership card and credits generally anyway. Always have this weird feeling somehow something will fuck up and I'll be off the ladder for 10 years.  ;D

From memory it said I'd have confirmation within 5 to 10 days, tried to log on earlier but it said they were doing site maintenance!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:21 pm »
From memory it said I'd have confirmation within 5 to 10 days, tried to log on earlier but it said they were doing site maintenance!

Have you had the email with the link for it yet? I haven't.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2019, 08:50:52 pm »
Have you had the email with the link for it yet? I haven't.

Not yet, I ended up doing it completely by accident last night when I just went on for a nosey!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #923 on: October 10, 2019, 08:57:17 pm »
Not yet, I ended up doing it completely by accident last night when I just went on for a nosey!

Did you have any problems uploading your identification.  I have only one attempt remaining and wasn't overly confident if it working from the outset. I wonder why they only give 6 attempts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: October 10, 2019, 09:00:00 pm »

It took mine on the second attempt - it was a photo I took on my phone of my driving licence and weirdly I thought the first one looked much clearer. Was a bit worried about it when it failed the first one I must say as I wasn't really sure how I could make the photo any better! The only difference was I did it lengthways instead of upright on the second one. I laid it on a beige carpet and leaned right over it when taking the picture to avoid any glare or shadows and also turned the camera flash off, if any of this helps! I took a few to pick the best one and then uploaded it, rather than taking a photo direct in the uploading app.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:03:23 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2019, 09:09:23 pm »
It took mine on the second attempt - it was a photo I took on my phone of my driving licence and weirdly I thought the first one looked much clearer. Was a bit worried about it when it failed the first one I must say as I wasn't really sure how I could make the photo any better! The only difference was I did it lengthways instead of upright on the second one.

Thanks for your reply.  Was good going to get it on the second attempt.  Was having awful issues applying for the passport card and ended up getting it professionally done as they were able to see if it was compatible.  I might hold off on my final attempt and get one of the lads to try next week.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2019, 09:17:41 pm »
This is similar to me but I sort of pre-empted it at the end of last season , I’ve had access to 3 season tickets since 1996 it was 5 but 2 were sent back to the club in 2011 by the named holder of all 5 . Since 2008 my lad has had one and my mates lad has had the other . When the main stand was done we all moved together so 4 of us sit alonside each other .

They are linked by family and friends on the site and my 2 have been linked to my email and payed with by my debit card for years , I’ve even  had to visit the ticket office a couple of times and the staff have understood what goes on and I’ve  had no issues .

The man whose name is on the 3 tickets died three years ago so this pre season I went up and knowing an amnesty may be on the way I explained and asked the procedure . The girl said it was fine to do it but I needed the following for a changeover ( which I still haven’t done )

An original death certificate
Photo ID for all 3 new recipients
Proof of address of all 3 new recipients
An email address for all 3
A letter of consent of the transfer off next of kin .

I know someone in a similar boat. He has 2 season tickets in the same name sat together.
Unfortunately the fellas name on the tickets actually died over 50 years ago!!!!!
Obviously nobody knows the fella or any of his relatives now!

I am assuming from Graham's answers that he will be able to prove he has been buying them with his card and therefore will get one transferred to his name and one transferred to his mate who always goes with him

Graham - appreciate your thoughts on this one - it's a bit out there hahaha

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2019, 09:33:12 pm »
Whilst I have some sympathy for people who may lose their ticket from this even though they've been going for 15 years.

I am looking forward to this proper Tory system of "its who you know" ending and the ST list actually working
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2019, 10:02:24 pm »
Whilst I have some sympathy for people who may lose their ticket from this even though they've been going for 15 years.

I am looking forward to this proper Tory system of "its who you know" ending and the ST list actually working

I don’t think anyone is going to lose a ticket , it’s just getting them into the names of the correct person , the club openly admit it’s there fault that in the 90s they allowed multiple season tickets to be sold to one person to raise guaranteed revenue , they weren’t sell outs then or demand like today

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #929 on: October 10, 2019, 11:55:14 pm »
H Graham,

Thanks for answering all of the fan update questions. I have a couple myself.

I originally (15 years ago) bought my wife a membership to attend with me and the kids. This, over time, has changed to me and a friend attending and we pretty much attend every home game. Obviously my friend is attending with my wife's membership but we have now been going to games for 8 years plus. Will this process allow me to transfer my wife's membership to my friend's name and address?

…...and will our kids still be able to attend when they are able (we have 6 kids between us that share the 3 other memberships throughout the season - all on 13+)?

Finally, do children's memberships need verification?

Cheers in advance.

Alex
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #930 on: October 10, 2019, 11:57:03 pm »
I know someone in a similar boat. He has 2 season tickets in the same name sat together.
Unfortunately the fellas name on the tickets actually died over 50 years ago!!!!!
Obviously nobody knows the fella or any of his relatives now!

I am assuming from Graham's answers that he will be able to prove he has been buying them with his card and therefore will get one transferred to his name and one transferred to his mate who always goes with him

Graham - appreciate your thoughts on this one - it's a bit out there hahaha

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Get all the purchase history ready and show who has been using the tickets.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #931 on: October 10, 2019, 11:57:50 pm »
Graham, so for season ticket holders - if there is a name change to be done - do we do it now or do we wait until when we have to verify our name and address?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: October 11, 2019, 12:00:17 am »
H Graham,

Thanks for answering all of the fan update questions. I have a couple myself.

I originally (15 years ago) bought my wife a membership to attend with me and the kids. This, over time, has changed to me and a friend attending and we pretty much attend every home game. Obviously my friend is attending with my wife's membership but we have now been going to games for 8 years plus. Will this process allow me to transfer my wife's membership to my friend's name and address?

…...and will our kids still be able to attend when they are able (we have 6 kids between us that share the 3 other memberships throughout the season - all on 13+)?

Finally, do children's memberships need verification?

Cheers in advance.

Alex

I expect the first part will be fine with evidence of attendance and agreement.

The other element or the kids looks doomed - the memberships will have to go into a specific name although for now passing on will be fine.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: October 11, 2019, 12:01:17 am »
Graham, so for season ticket holders - if there is a name change to be done - do we do it now or do we wait until when we have to verify our name and address?

STH need to wait until we are invited to Update. Nothing to do yet.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #934 on: October 11, 2019, 06:24:56 am »
You’ve hit the nail on the head. Get all the purchase history ready and show who has been using the tickets.
Thanks Graham - one thing though - the address on the card is that of a fella who was using the cards years ago. Will that matter? Basically what I am asking is - is it the purchase history that counts rather than any names addresses on the cards?

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #935 on: October 11, 2019, 06:26:56 am »
It's the friends and family bit that worries some I have spoken to.

A few I know pass their tickets on to a mate for the whole season. Will this be OK in the future?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: October 11, 2019, 09:07:08 am »

I get what you’re saying, but even as someone that isn’t on the waiting list I quite like the romantic idea of people passing season tickets down the generations. It feels sentimental and fitting. Football is a big part of our lives. That said, there’s a lot of people that got lucky just meeting someone by chance and getting theirs. I’m not too fussed either way, but I am not against passing it down your family.
YNWA.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #937 on: October 11, 2019, 09:09:02 am »
I expect the first part will be fine with evidence of attendance and agreement.

The other element or the kids looks doomed - the memberships will have to go into a specific name although for now passing on will be fine.

Thanks Graham,

The FAQs state the following;

I share my Official Membership or Season Ticket with another supporter, can I still do this?

The Club recognises that this happens, and we are working with the Fans Forum to formalise an official, online friends and family function that will allow supporters to do this safely and for the Club to always understand who is attending. Until this is in place, we will continue with the current processes.

This is what I do with the kids' attendance regularly. It concerns me that you think this may be doomed?

Would it be reasonable to suggest that safety is an afterthought for this process, we see how everyday things are wrapped up with 'safety driving change' when really its increasing income in some form. I think that this process could be the start of something awful for the fans that rely on the flexibility of passing the card to a brother or similar. I would question the co-operation of a fan-group in this when none of the detail on the future flexibility arrangements have been agreed. I am now going to re-subscribe to SOS to keep a closer ear towards the developments. I hope I can have a chance to provide some feedback with the debate so that those with families get sufficient room to move within the new rules.

Alex
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:04 am »

A few I know pass their tickets on to a mate for the whole season. Will this be OK in the future?

Name should be changed to the primary user. That said, they’re not rolling out the transferring tickets system just yet so just proceed as you have been otherwise.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #939 on: October 11, 2019, 09:12:52 am »
I get what you’re saying, but even as someone that isn’t on the waiting list I quite like the romantic idea of people passing season tickets down the generations. It feels sentimental and fitting. Football is a big part of our lives. That said, there’s a lot of people that got lucky just meeting someone by chance and getting theirs. I’m not too fussed either way, but I am not against passing it down your family.
I agree with the family thing, but getting tickets cause you know someone who can sort you, (league aways big one) isn't really fair

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #940 on: October 11, 2019, 09:19:06 am »
I don’t think anyone is going to lose a ticket , it’s just getting them into the names of the correct person , the club openly admit it’s there fault that in the 90s they allowed multiple season tickets to be sold to one person to raise guaranteed revenue , they weren’t sell outs then or demand like today
The club are also to blame for causing this issue with multiple members cards. I find it hard to believe they didn't see patterns emerging around names/addresses on memberships a long time ago, but were more than happy to keep taking the money.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #941 on: October 11, 2019, 09:23:33 am »
Name should be changed to the primary user. That said, they’re not rolling out the transferring tickets system just yet so just proceed as you have been otherwise.
I can see a lot of people saying they aren't going to do that and just keep on with the current situation.
And I can see a black market for 'naming rights' to happen.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: October 11, 2019, 10:24:08 am »
Thanks Graham - one thing though - the address on the card is that of a fella who was using the cards years ago. Will that matter? Basically what I am asking is - is it the purchase history that counts rather than any names addresses on the cards?

The address issue will need to be discussed with the Club to show who the primary user has actually been.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: October 11, 2019, 10:25:06 am »

No, why would they expect to be able to do that? A membership or ST is supposed to be in the name of the primary user. Limited passing on will be allowed.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: October 11, 2019, 10:27:15 am »
Thanks Graham,

The FAQs state the following;

I share my Official Membership or Season Ticket with another supporter, can I still do this?

The Club recognises that this happens, and we are working with the Fans Forum to formalise an official, online friends and family function that will allow supporters to do this safely and for the Club to always understand who is attending. Until this is in place, we will continue with the current processes.

This is what I do with the kids' attendance regularly. It concerns me that you think this may be doomed?

Would it be reasonable to suggest that safety is an afterthought for this process, we see how everyday things are wrapped up with 'safety driving change' when really its increasing income in some form. I think that this process could be the start of something awful for the fans that rely on the flexibility of passing the card to a brother or similar. I would question the co-operation of a fan-group in this when none of the detail on the future flexibility arrangements have been agreed. I am now going to re-subscribe to SOS to keep a closer ear towards the developments. I hope I can have a chance to provide some feedback with the debate so that those with families get sufficient room to move within the new rules.

Alex

Quite simply the primary user of a ST or membership will have to have it in their name - limited passing on will be allowed among a limited group of designated people but that is still months away.

And supporter reps don't get a final say on what is implemented only consulted and listened to about proposed changes.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Blamire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well, it worked in Sweden.
« Reply #945 on: October 11, 2019, 10:52:22 am »
Thanks for this Graham - will those changing names on their STH be issued new cards midway through the season then (assuming the update is happening before the end of the season)?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:42 am »
No, why would they expect to be able to do that? A membership or ST is supposed to be in the name of the primary user. Limited passing on will be allowed.

Out of interest, has there been any feedback from supporters clubs on this? I don't mean foreign ones that happen to have a few members card shared between them. But I know there's a range of coaches (some OLSCs, some not) that pretty much only can afford to run because they can get a rotation of "regulars" spares between them to circulate.

Doesn't impact me, but just wondered how wide the discussion groups for these kinda things are.
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2019, 11:14:41 am »
If someone uses a season ticket or membership in the name of someone else.
And they go through this process and get into their own name.
Will part of this be to also check and remove them from the season ticket waiting list?
Would make sense.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2019, 11:24:20 am »
Thanks for this Graham - will those changing names on their STH be issued new cards midway through the season then (assuming the update is happening before the end of the season)?

Presumably new cards will be issued or they may wait until the end of season and do it on renewal.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: October 11, 2019, 11:25:10 am »
Out of interest, has there been any feedback from supporters clubs on this? I don't mean foreign ones that happen to have a few members card shared between them. But I know there's a range of coaches (some OLSCs, some not) that pretty much only can afford to run because they can get a rotation of "regulars" spares between them to circulate.

Doesn't impact me, but just wondered how wide the discussion groups for these kinda things are.

They will be impacted and will have the same rules applied to them as far as I am aware.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:15 am »
They will be impacted and will have the same rules applied to them as far as I am aware.

Fair enough. Bit of a shame but it'll keep it fair.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: October 11, 2019, 11:36:21 am »
If someone uses a season ticket or membership in the name of someone else.
And they go through this process and get into their own name.
Will part of this be to also check and remove them from the season ticket waiting list?
Would make sense.

Good point, this

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2019, 12:44:47 pm »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #953 on: October 11, 2019, 12:55:50 pm »
Very helpful thread this. Some of us are in a situation where we have all homes on our cards but some of our mates have all homes and aways. We have been using our mates cards for years for aways (most of these lads just stick to home games now) What would be policy here? Is there an option to basically swap the credits around on these cards?(since the primary users needs to attend the games)  Sorry if this has been asked but just looking to clarify if this an opportunity to do so.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:09:04 pm by cmulls5 »

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:07 pm »
Will this mean I could change my dads member card who passed away two years ago to my sister's 9 year old neice? That update page asks for i.d proof though which as a 9 year old she isn't going to have! We have 4 members cards (mine, my dads, and 2 sisters) with 3 having full credits (mine, my dads and 1 of my sisters) with those other 2 cards shared for games between my 2 sisters, neice, uncle and my mum depending on work and other commitments. I tried doing this back not long after he died by writing a letter to the club to possibly change it to my mums name then but they didn't seem to understand why a members card would need the name changing and wanted to cancel it! Losing full credits when as a family we've been going for years just got completely lost on them, so just left it in the end and never bothered to reply after that. So if I can now change my dads to my neice's name that would mean the 4 cards would be then fixed for us all? I still don't see though how any of this is going to be policied for entry into the stadium, how its possible to check thousands of people or even do spot checks inside when its said there will be a friends and family system, I just don't see how that will all work.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:08 pm »
They will.
can you change a name of someone on the waiting list?

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #956 on: October 11, 2019, 12:59:12 pm »
I can imagine there will be a number of scenarios that when 3-4 people share a season ticket, one person will be down as the primary user and the others will be classed as friends and family. But in practice will that primary user be expected to go to most games themselves (Instead of say a quarter of games and the friends and family 3/4 of the time) or does the club not care who attends from the friends and family list as long as you’ve updated the club so they know who is there.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: October 11, 2019, 01:16:28 pm »
can you change a name of someone on the waiting list?

Surely not? That will lead to c*nts selling their position in the queue, and also someone that isn't on the list getting on ahead of someone that's been on there years.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: October 11, 2019, 01:17:16 pm »
I can imagine there will be a number of scenarios that when 3-4 people share a season ticket, one person will be down as the primary user and the others will be classed as friends and family. But in practice will that primary user be expected to go to most games themselves (Instead of say a quarter of games and the friends and family 3/4 of the time) or does the club not care who attends from the friends and family list as long as you’ve updated the club so they know who is there.

From Graham's responses, the name on the ticket will be expected to be the main user.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: October 11, 2019, 01:24:36 pm »
Very helpful thread this. Some of us are in a situation where we have all homes on our cards but some of our mates have all homes and aways. We have been using our mates cards for years for aways (most of these lads just stick to home games now) What would be policy here? Is there an option to basically swap the credits around on these cards?(since the primary users needs to attend the games)  Sorry if this has been asked but just looking to clarify if this an opportunity to do so.

No, that will not be allowed. You will have problems if/when they start collections at PL aways
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892