Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 151238 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #800 on: January 5, 2020, 07:11:39 pm »
Thank fuck he's gone. We wouldn't have won the super cup, wouldn't be unbeaten and would be out of the FA Cup.   ;)

Good point

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: January 5, 2020, 07:13:44 pm »
Does Adrian save that Curtis shot?  Have a feeling Becker would have a chance... ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #802 on: January 5, 2020, 07:14:25 pm »
Does Adrian save that Curtis shot?  Have a feeling Becker would have a chance... ;D

Becker definitely gets close and a hand to it, other keepers not so much.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: January 5, 2020, 07:15:34 pm »
Must be the best backup keeper in the league...

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: January 5, 2020, 07:15:44 pm »
The medal haul he will have in his first season ;D

Lonergan matches him so far and he's not even played.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: January 5, 2020, 08:48:54 pm »
Becker definitely gets close and a hand to it, other keepers not so much.

That was my assessment to. I'd say a 25% chance he palms it onto the post.  Most likely it might touch his fingers and squeak in.

Must be the best backup keeper in the league...

Let's face it, he's better than a lot of first choice keepers in the league.  Certainly better than Everton's.

Popcorn's Art

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: January 5, 2020, 09:38:52 pm »
It’s a hell of a shot. I love making fun of TRex - but not many goalies are saving that.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #807 on: January 5, 2020, 10:19:56 pm »
He could be a starter for more than a dozen teams in the league. I am so amazed with how we've meticulously improved our squad. From Karius and Mignolet less than 2 years ago to Alisson and Adrian for a net spend of less than 30 million after accounting for sales of Ward, Mignolet and Karius. I sometimes feel like he is far too good to be second choice. Alisson lite in every shape or form.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: January 5, 2020, 10:21:43 pm »
That was my assessment to. I'd say a 25% chance he palms it onto the post.  Most likely it might touch his fingers and squeak in.

Let's face it, he's better than a lot of first choice keepers in the league.  Certainly better than Everton's.

West Hams loss is our gain. I know a proper Hammer and he was gutted when he left.

It’s a hell of a shot. I love making fun of TRex - but not many goalies are saving that.

Nope, not many are getting near it, excellent goal
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #809 on: January 5, 2020, 11:16:57 pm »
Great performance from the lad. Would have been my choice for taker if we'd won a penalty, too.

What a sixth months the lad has had. Without a club, training with a lower league Spanish team just to keep his fitness up and then the phone rings. What? Liverpool want me? But they've got Becker. OK, cool, guess I could sit on their bench and make a packet.

Less than six months later and he's been absolutely instrumental in the season so far. Could go on to play in an FA Cup final and win it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #810 on: January 5, 2020, 11:22:16 pm »
Perfect example of signing a player who fits in to the club ethos and culture under Jurgen. Radiated confidence and was guiding Neco and Yasser all game, especially on set pieces.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #811 on: January 6, 2020, 12:41:51 am »
Another astute summer signing by klopp and the coaching team by getting adrian.
Motm today and has been great when alisson was injured start of the season
Agreed.
Sold Mignolet and got this guy for free! and he is a much better fit style wise, especially playing with his feet. Whoever the scouts, analytic guys are, kudos.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #812 on: January 6, 2020, 02:01:05 am »
Outstanding performance in the derby. He was already a great keeper but I think training with Alisson and being the second in line has transformed him into a top, top, top shot stopper. And he seems really happy to be here, like very conscious of the privilege of playing for Liverpool. And you say he came here on a free? Jesus, the state of this club.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 03:15:30 am by Morgana »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #813 on: January 6, 2020, 05:41:02 am »
West Ham reject... I can't wrap my head around it...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: January 6, 2020, 07:05:40 am »
West Ham reject... I can't wrap my head around it...
Hard to understand their league position if they have two goalies better than him, then again we are talking about the club that weren't playing Mascerano. 😂

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: January 6, 2020, 07:15:55 am »
West Hams loss is our gain. I know a proper Hammer and he was gutted when he left.

Yeah, my colleague’s husband is a Hammer and he’s the same.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #816 on: January 6, 2020, 08:35:38 am »
A great keeper, who looks calm and assured in goal. 8 thousand bitters behind him yesterday didn't bother him at all. 3 great saves, no fucking about congratulating himself, he just got on with the game and the task in hand (Bolan take note!)

Appears like a great guy off the pitch too, made up the way it's turned out for him at Liverpool. Imagine he gets to face West Ham in the FA Cup!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: January 6, 2020, 08:59:56 am »
Can’t believe West Ham got rid of him. He’s mile better than Mignolet I can only wish we signed him a few years ago to be first choice before we discovered Alisson.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #818 on: January 6, 2020, 09:14:06 am »
Three times Adrian has come into the first team with no other competitive game behind him.

Twice it was off the bench and yesterday after not playing for weeks. Turned in a match saving performance in the first 20 minutes and gave the defenders confidence that he wouldn't be beaten.

Can't praise him enough. A gem of a signing and looking forward to his next appearance.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #819 on: January 6, 2020, 12:27:16 pm »
You can tell he's just loving it here can't you, what a season for him!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #820 on: January 6, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »
Can’t believe West Ham got rid of him. He’s mile better than Mignolet I can only wish we signed him a few years ago to be first choice before we discovered Alisson.

Bet west ham are kicking themselves now. They are on the hunt for a keeper.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: January 6, 2020, 12:47:47 pm »
Great performance from the lad. Would have been my choice for taker if we'd won a penalty, too.

What a sixth months the lad has had. Without a club, training with a lower league Spanish team just to keep his fitness up and then the phone rings. What? Liverpool want me? But they've got Becker. OK, cool, guess I could sit on their bench and make a packet.

Less than six months later and he's been absolutely instrumental in the season so far. Could go on to play in an FA Cup final and win it.

Fucking hell imagine that?  We have practically two teams!  Could play the FAC and CL finals on the same day! ;D

Seriously though if we made it that far it would be a fantastic reward for him to play in the FAC final and win, especially given his contribution to our PL season.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #822 on: January 6, 2020, 12:59:50 pm »
Fucking hell imagine that?  We have practically two teams!  Could play the FAC and CL finals on the same day! ;D

Seriously though if we made it that far it would be a fantastic reward for him to play in the FAC final and win, especially given his contribution to our PL season.

I think if Adrian plays the FA Cup games and we get to the final I don't think Klopp would drop him for Becker in the final. He will stick with Adrian. I cannot remember a time where we have had two solid goalkeepers at the club. If pepe got injured I would be worried and Karuis and Mignolet were both as bad as each other. If Becker gets injured or suspended I have full faith in Adrian.

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #823 on: January 6, 2020, 01:25:06 pm »
I thought he was our MOTM yesterday. Kept us in the match & if he was our GK at Villa Park last month,  who knows what might happened
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: January 6, 2020, 01:41:45 pm »
Best backup we've had since I started watching the reds and better than many of our previous keepers. He was quality once again yesterday!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: January 6, 2020, 01:59:19 pm »
made some very big saves for us since he joined

and to think City's back up keeper is Claudio Bravo

and Chelsea's is Hilario!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #826 on: January 6, 2020, 02:07:20 pm »
made some very big saves for us since he joined

and to think City's back up keeper is Claudio Bravo

and Chelsea's is Hilario!

Big Hilario is 44 and a coach now. I mind him earning a living being a number 2 most of his career. the have that Argentinian Bald ex city keeper Willie. 

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: January 6, 2020, 02:08:47 pm »
Brilliant stops yesterday.

I had him as MoTM.

Been a brilliant signing so far.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: January 6, 2020, 02:10:43 pm »
His stock will have risen massively. Teams will be queuing up to take him at the end of the season (if he wants to go).

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #829 on: January 6, 2020, 02:12:16 pm »
Yeah, my colleague’s husband is a Hammer and he’s the same.

My cousins husband is a hammer as well. He is gutted that he left and said to me at the beginning of the season we have got a really good back up there. He wasn`t wrong
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #830 on: January 6, 2020, 03:09:02 pm »
And if we win the league he won't just get a medal for being a back-up. He'd have played at least 1/4th of the campaign (and win every single game!) so he will fully deserve it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: January 6, 2020, 03:39:18 pm »
His stock will have risen massively. Teams will be queuing up to take him at the end of the season (if he wants to go).

Longeran stock would of risen. It's a squad game here.

Working with the best manager in world, best keeper in the world, best club in the world.

If you can't learn from the above then you're not human.

Adrian has been a quality signing.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 6, 2020, 05:15:04 pm »
The only reason he would want to go is that he wants to play, and he's certainly good enough.  Most backups are usually there just to make up the numbers and for dire emergencies. 

I'd honestly hate to lose him, but if he walks away this season with a couple more medals added to his collection I think he'd be happy to stick around for at least another season.

If he goes at some point, £45m easy.

Popcorn's Art

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: January 6, 2020, 06:42:17 pm »
Played a blinder yesterday and kept us in the game.
He just seems like a perfect fit for our team.

West Ham are looking like a bunch of fools after letting him go and it looks like they're gonna pay £4M just to bring Randolph back from Boro.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: January 26, 2020, 07:12:12 pm »
Kept us in the cup today. Our second choice keeper is better than the first choice of most clubs in the Premier League. What a club like, say, West Ham wouldn't give for such a player  :D

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #835 on: January 26, 2020, 07:15:19 pm »
MOTM for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #836 on: January 26, 2020, 07:20:30 pm »
He saved us many times vs Shrewsbury and is my deserved MOTM

That 1v1 save in the first half with his legs was really impressive
The change is cast

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: January 26, 2020, 07:39:08 pm »
Kept us in the cup today. Our second choice keeper is better than the first choice of most clubs in the Premier League. What a club like, say, West Ham wouldn't give for such a player  :D

Twice the player Pickford is.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2020, 07:41:32 pm »
Never seen him play badly for us.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #839 on: January 26, 2020, 07:50:14 pm »
Easily our best player today.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.