Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426613 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Fel8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. JoMo lost his MoJo? 3 fingered dweeb.
« Reply #18800 on: November 16, 2018, 08:28:44 am »
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2032380-manchester-united-reports-falls-in-first-quarter-revenues-and-profits

Manchester United has seen its revenues and profits for the first quarter tumble, compared with the same period last year.

But executive chairman Ed Woodward said the business is on track to deliver on  record full-year revenues.

The Old Trafford giant revealed its figures for the quarter to September 30, which showed a 6.1% fall in total revenues of £135m.

Adjusted EBITDA of £29.4m was 25.2% below the previous year, and the £13.9m operating profit level was a 22.3% decline on the same period last year.

However, the club said, during the first quarter, it had successfully launched a partnership with Kohler, achieving more than 1 billion social and editorial impressions worldwide, it had announced a global partnership with denim brand True Religion, and renewed two global partnerships with Canon Medical Systems and Deezer.

Executive vice chairman, Ed Woodward, said: “Our financial strength enables us to continue to attract and retain top players and to invest in our academy, as we look to drive the success on the pitch that the club and our fans expect.

“We remain on track to deliver our record full-year revenue guidance, underpinning our long-term, strategic plan to create sustainable growth across all areas of the club.”

Commercial revenue for the quarter was £75.9m, a decrease of £4.6m, or 5.7%, over the prior year quarter, the club revealed.

Sponsorship revenue for the quarter of £49.6, was a decrease of £3.6m, or 6.8%, primarily due to a smaller Summer tour.

Retail, merchandising, clothing and product licensing revenue for the quarter was £26.3m, a decrease of £1m, or 3.7%, mainly due to playing two fewer home games across all competitions.

Broadcasting revenue for the quarter was £42.8m, an increase of £2m, or 4.9%.

Matchday revenue for the quarter was £16.3m, a decrease of £6.1m, or 27.2%, which the club explained was due to playing two fewer home games across all competitions.

Total operating expenses for the quarter were £143.5m, an increase of £400,000, or 0.3%.

Wages for the quarter were £77m, an increase of £7.1m, or 10.2%, due to investment in the first team squad.

Other operating expenses for the quarter were £28.6m, a decrease of £5.9m, or 17.1%, linked to the smaller Summer tour.

The club also revealed that net finance costs for the quarter were £5.2m, an increase of £4.4m, or 550.0%, due to unrealised foreign exchange losses on unhedged US Dollar borrowings, compared with gains in the prior year quarter.

Net cash generated from operating activities for the quarter was £114.8m, an increase of £96.9m, primarily due to the timing of sponsorship payments.

Net Debt, as of September 30, 2018, was £247.2m, a decrease of £20.9m over the year. The gross US Dollar debt principal remains unchanged.

Wow - a billion.  Can anyone change that Everton Moshri £1.3billion cartoon to reflect that shit statement above?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:30:30 am by Ziltoid »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fel8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. JoMo lost his MoJo? 3 fingered dweeb.
« Reply #18801 on: November 16, 2018, 09:07:45 am »
So basically the shit on field performances, which mean they go out of competitions earlier, is having a negative impact. While they won't lose local supporters to City, they will start to lose plenty of the worldwide fans - they want to watch winners, they have no long term loyalty.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #18802 on: November 16, 2018, 03:58:37 pm »
so matchday revenue dropped 27% because of 2 less home matches????  not say because long time st's are simply not showing up and or buying anything because they have upset stomachs that cant handle food or drink or the football on offer?

First cracks are showing all those new kids and teenagers worldwide who have bandwaggoned the Cheating instead over the last few years starting to show up in the accounts

Also the sanchez salary well thats one thing but the unhedged us dollar accounts, my god, unforgivable what kind of a football team is this.

He'll hedge when he wants
Eddy Woodward

Rings across the terraces that

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:01:23 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #18803 on: November 16, 2018, 10:35:42 pm »
So basically the shit on field performances, which mean they go out of competitions earlier, is having a negative impact. While they won't lose local supporters to City, they will start to lose plenty of the worldwide fans - they want to watch winners, they have no long term loyalty.

Ahh but they have a billion social media impressions - presumably those who have been exposed are seeking medical attention.

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #18804 on: November 16, 2018, 10:38:13 pm »
so matchday revenue dropped 27% because of 2 less home matches????  not say because long time st's are simply not showing up and or buying anything because they have upset stomachs that cant handle food or drink or the football on offer?

First cracks are showing all those new kids and teenagers worldwide who have bandwaggoned the Cheating instead over the last few years starting to show up in the accounts

Also the sanchez salary well thats one thing but the unhedged us dollar accounts, my god, unforgivable what kind of a football team is this.

Eddy Woodward

Rings across the terraces that

Wasn’t Zlatan in about a gazillion pounds per week prior? So is the uplift just Sánchez?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18805 on: November 16, 2018, 10:51:01 pm »
Not sure off-hand but it's definitely the 3rd highest in the world....

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #18806 on: November 16, 2018, 10:56:39 pm »

You could’ve said the same about Liverpool over the last 30 years, but we still go to places on the other side of the world and pull 90k for a friendly. Same for them I suspect
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:58:36 pm by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18807 on: November 17, 2018, 01:28:21 pm »
Wasn’t Zlatan in about a gazillion pounds per week prior? So is the uplift just Sánchez?

If you're going to refer to mancs by their first name at least be consistent

Yeah, Wayne probably started it by holding them to ransom a couple of times but Alexis & Paul have both rinsed them and no doubt David will get a big pay rise in any new contract, also think Romelu is on a fair wedge as well ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18808 on: November 17, 2018, 01:37:16 pm »
You could’ve said the same about Liverpool over the last 30 years, but we still go to places on the other side of the world and pull 90k for a friendly. Same for them I suspect

Oh yeah, we've done well to stay popular, but other than the Mancs there was no other choice until Chelsea won a few things. We also were only really shit under Souness, we played some great stuff under Evans and did have a good run of trophies in the 2000's which will have helped, especially Istanbul. These days City are a big choice for kids looking for a winning team and Utd have been dogshit since Fergie retired. My sister in laws nephews from Doncaster are now both City fans, a mates lad changed from us to City and I can imagine that is happening all over the place.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18809 on: November 17, 2018, 02:06:42 pm »
Not sure off-hand but it's definitely the 3rd highest in the world....

Who are Barca spending 150m a year over the Mancs on?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #18810 on: November 17, 2018, 02:12:31 pm »
And are Manchester City and PSG's wages true, considering the corrupt shit they get upto?

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #18811 on: November 17, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »
That chart is also out of date. It is for the 16/17 season. So kind of irrelevant.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #18812 on: November 17, 2018, 02:19:09 pm »
That chart is also out of date. It is for the 16/17 season. So kind of irrelevant.

And the 17/18 season my bad. :-X Real's and Barcelona's both include* their basketball teams. Not sure what percentage that would be, although I believe basketball is Spain's second biggest sport. I may also be wrong there.
EDIT
*I'm also wrong here. It says excludes. Reading is difficult.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:22:09 pm by KissThisGuy »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18813 on: November 17, 2018, 02:34:01 pm »
I've heard that spanish fans aren't too happy with DeGea, and they want Casillas to come back. If not him, then Kepa.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #18814 on: November 17, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »
If you're going to refer to mancs by their first name at least be consistent

Yeah, Wayne probably started it by holding them to ransom a couple of times but Alexis & Paul have both rinsed them and no doubt David will get a big pay rise in any new contract, also think Romelu is on a fair wedge as well ;D

Couldn’t be assed typing the first ones surname.

That’s kind of my point, but Wayne and Zlatan (both £300k+ from memory) have left, so why is the increase so big - can’t just be Alexis, it’s the fact the likes of Jesse, Luke et al are now on £150k. Crazy waste of money, and the weird thing is they haven’t tied there best players down - probably all after £400k.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 03:37:26 pm by TomDcs »

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18815 on: November 17, 2018, 03:36:12 pm »
Couldn’t be assed typing the first ones surname.

Just put twat and number them
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #18816 on: November 18, 2018, 03:42:59 am »

Messi & the 60k kids they have on their books.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #18817 on: November 18, 2018, 08:00:57 am »
Net Debt, as of September 30, 2018, was £247.2m, a decrease of £20.9m over the year.

Thought it was a lot higher?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18818 on: November 18, 2018, 08:16:21 am »
Messi earns £1.7m a week (  £500k basic )

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18819 on: November 18, 2018, 08:26:21 am »
Net Debt, as of September 30, 2018, was £247.2m, a decrease of £20.9m over the year.

Thought it was a lot higher?

According to the Guardian it is still almost half a billion, of which £275 million is the very high interest loan the Glazers used to buy the club in the first place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/04/glazers-manchester-united

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18820 on: November 18, 2018, 08:34:59 am »
According to the Guardian it is still almost half a billion, of which £275 million is the very high interest loan the Glazers used to buy the club in the first place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/04/glazers-manchester-united

Cheers

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18821 on: November 18, 2018, 10:36:34 am »
From ESPN:

Love stuff like this.  It's a sign that they've finally started to realise how much danger they're in.  And all they can do is promise their fans they will try to spend their way out of trouble - a tactic that hasn't worked so far.

A good manager, a decent scouting network and a solid youth system can still turn this around for them, and even then every season will be a battle for honours as there's proper competition at the top.  But buying established players who will want wage parity is going to be a big big problem. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #18822 on: November 18, 2018, 11:32:09 am »
"Other players who have joined include Fred and Lee Grant"

:lmao
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18823 on: November 18, 2018, 11:40:41 am »
So you are saying the board have forced players on him? That he didn't want Lukaku, Pogba, Sanchez, Lindelof, Bailly and whoever else he has signed?

Maureen is having a piss and a moan seemingly because Woodward wouldn't sanction a bajillion quid for a 30+ CB with a two season shelf life or a VVD level fee for Harry Maguire.

If that were my club I'd be carrying Woodward shoulder high around Old Trafford.

Time for this again:

<a href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZqTKzS2aI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZqTKzS2aI</a>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZqTKzS2aI

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18824 on: November 18, 2018, 11:46:30 am »
13 years on from buying the club and the Glazaers are still paying back the debt. Astonishing.

Man Utd or not, that is parasite behaviour.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18825 on: November 18, 2018, 11:56:30 am »
Their debt is £496m according to their latest annual accounts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18826 on: November 18, 2018, 11:59:09 am »
13 years on from buying the club and the Glazaers are still paying back the debt. Astonishing.

Man Utd or not, that is parasite behaviour.

3 years ago the Man U Supporters group reckoned that with interest and charges from the purchase, debt on the club and payments to themselves, they had taken £1 billion out of the club.

It is parasitic behaviour in that the club itself funds its own purchase by them, but they have won 5 PL's, the CL and Europa league in that time - they have spent over a billion in the transfer market avg about £134 million a season. Managers have had money to spend, its just that they bought shite.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18827 on: November 18, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »
For the promise of sex with his wife in said shirt?

I would!

(And I've never even met the fine lady.)

Would that include the roman sandals from battling with Ming the Merciless?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #18828 on: November 18, 2018, 03:42:20 pm »
And are Manchester City and PSG's wages true, considering the corrupt shit they get upto?

I doubt it.

Isn't part of the problem they were paying players image rights outside of the club and used offshore accounts etc for salaries keep amounts lower.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #18829 on: November 19, 2018, 04:16:14 pm »
Home banker for Man Utd this weekend, Lee Mason is their Ref v Palace.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18830 on: November 19, 2018, 04:33:58 pm »
I doubt it.

Isn't part of the problem they were paying players image rights outside of the club and used offshore accounts etc for salaries keep amounts lower.

Thats the allegations in Der Spiegel  http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18831 on: November 19, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »
Just the stats:

Lee Mason has ref'd Man Utd at Old Trafford 11 times in the League. Man Utd have 11 wins in those matches.

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/lee-mason/manchester-united/4/

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18832 on: November 19, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »
Just the stats:

Lee Mason has ref'd Man Utd at Old Trafford 11 times in the League. Man Utd have 11 wins in those matches.

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/lee-mason/manchester-united/4/

Looking at those fixtures, you'd expect them to win every one to be honest.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18833 on: November 19, 2018, 05:11:37 pm »
No VAR needed when Lee Mason does a home match at OT... ;)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18835 on: November 19, 2018, 08:36:48 pm »
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/a-fake-as-monaco-manchester-united-friendly-worth-e4m-mediapart-investigate-secret-contracts-at-as-monaco/

The bit about Man utd save the clicking on the link:

Another intrigue surrounds the loan of the Colombian captain to Manchester United for the 2014-15 campaign. The deal was closed in September 2014 by John Alexander at Manchester United, who made an initial loan offer with an option to buy.

The deal was such that Manchester United would pay €6m plus €4m in bonuses if the English club finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. Performance bonus clauses were illegal according to LFP regulations, and thus this clause was left off the second draft of the loan contract.

The two clubs found a way of including the €4m in the deal, but excluding all mention of it from the legal paperwork. On 1st September 2014, Manchester United and Monaco signed two contracts together. One was a €6m loan deal for Falcao, and the other was an agreement over a friendly match that Manchester United would pay AS Monaco… €4m for.

The only condition on this friendly going ahead was that Manchester United finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. There was a bizarre clause in this deal: even if the friendly were not to go ahead, Manchester United would still have to pay Monaco €4m.

A year later, and lo and behold, Manchester United cancelled the friendly, with Louis van Gaal “confirming that he did not want to have another friendly game after this summer tournament.

Neither Manchester United nor Monaco responded to Mediapart’s request for a comment on whether this deal was set-up to circumvent LFP regulations.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #18836 on: November 20, 2018, 09:08:14 pm »
Wow, if only their players were as creative as the legal team.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18837 on: November 20, 2018, 09:45:23 pm »
Only November and they’ve announced two preseason games already.

They really want this season over don’t they.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18838 on: November 20, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »
Only November and they’ve announced two preseason games already.

They really want this season over don’t they.

Don't know why, I reckon they're about par based on the squad.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18839 on: November 21, 2018, 05:27:06 pm »
Manchester United Loses $384M In Value

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3705269/manchester-united-share-price-suffers-biggest-drop-in-over-a-year

Shares of Manchester United wiped more than £300 million ($384 million) in value before the opening of trading on Wednesday.

The club's share price dropped 8.68 percent in trading on Tuesday, falling from an opening price of $19.92 a share to $18.19 at the end of the day.

United had been valued by Forbes.com as the most valuable team in world sport at $4.8 billion (£3.75bn) in August this year.

United's share price has dropped 14.5 percent during the past month's trading. By comparison, the value of Netflix has fallen 19.7 percent during the same period.