Author Topic: Pre-Match Preview: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 17th March 14:15  (Read 16531 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Match Preview: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 17th March 14:15
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2019, 11:07:11 pm »
My Golf competition tomorrow - our first SUMMER comp, has been cancelled due to the weather so it means I'll be able to watch this live. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing as I've become such a nervous watcher and yet again I'm quite worried about this game, especially with this ref. Hoping for an early goal to settle MY nerves, then nothing stupid, might need a couple goals gap to negate decisions by the ref - like we needed against Burnley.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2019, 07:43:39 am »
We have to win this game. That we will make a couple of changes from the CL game is a given. I would like to see Shaqiri and Keita. At some point, maybe not from the start, but at some point we will need to use Moreno or someone else at LB.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2019, 08:46:21 am »
Brilliant feeling to be a Liverpool fan today, once again it's like waking up on Cup Final day when you're a kid, well that's how I feel anyway.

Counting the minutes already, come on you mighty Reds, top of the table today will be an absolutely amazing achievement when you consider who we are up against. The rest gave up ages ago, but not us.

Any sort of win will do me, be great to batter them in case GD comes into the equation, but we have 7 more games to worry about that. Just 3 points please Redmen!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 08:51:38 am »
Finding it hard to get up for this one after the excitement of mid week. Hope the players aren't feeling the same. We must win especially with Spurs coming up.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2019, 08:59:16 am »
Finding it hard to get up for this one after the excitement of mid week. Hope the players aren't feeling the same. We must win especially with Spurs coming up.

You are finding it hard to get up for a game that would see us go top?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2019, 09:03:50 am »

Have a read of the post above yours....
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2019, 09:21:37 am »

What?! While I love the razzmatazz of the champions league and would take the premier league title over the CL any day of the week

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 09:41:57 am »
You are finding it hard to get up for a game that would see us go top?

It's a comedown from playing Bayern in the CL and making them look like bums and then going back to playing dross like Fulham.  I am sure at kick off, it willl change.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:45:10 am by LFC when it suits »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 09:47:21 am »
Too much complacency amongst too many fans.  This game is every much as important as the next one against Spurs.  Nothing less than 3 points will do.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2019, 09:59:29 am »
What?! While I love the razzmatazz of the champions league and would take the premier league title over the CL any day of the week

I want both.  Does that mean I am greedy?    :)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2019, 10:08:11 am »
Lovely OP mate :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2019, 10:08:18 am »
A few lads are out at the moment due to wee injuries but still expect to see the spine out there as we cant take anything for granted from here on. Full on focus and effort today should see us get three more precious points. If we can eek ahead of City who will have a game in hand (thats Utd away) then we can apply some pressure on them. I would be delighted to see something like the below

Usual back 5
......Fab
...Milner....Lallana
...The Fab 3
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2019, 10:10:05 am »
Any news on Mane?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2019, 10:13:14 am »
A Sunday lunch was organised with friends and families between our respective wives the other day. We'll be eating at 5/6. Need to put things on the calendar as it creates a hellovu lot of kerfuffle and tiring arguments about 'bloody football'. 'But they had planned to do something else at that time!'. *Alan Partridge shrug*.

Wouldn't mind seeing Adam Lallana return in this. Paired with Milly /Gini & Fabinho I guess?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2019, 10:45:38 am »
Thanks for the OP! Always appreciated.  :wave

The timing is good for this fixture and I'm really looking forward to it - potential for a slightly different line up, the hope of improving GD.  There is a limit to the amount of 'cup magic' that can be stomached over a single weekend.

If anyone is struggling to get up for it, I think this is the fixture that spawned the RAWK's ongoing anthopological interest in zebra crossings.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2019, 11:01:55 am »
Nice OP thanks for that.

All about the points today. To get all three we must avoid complacency and be on top of our game.

Having said that, would be ideal to make a nice dent in the goal difference deficit while we're at it  :P Bit greedy I know.

Come on you Mighty Reds!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2019, 11:02:21 am »
I’m guessing Fab and Lallana come back in. Back 5 and front 3 remain the same?

Excited for like. 3-0 Liverpool

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2019, 11:19:32 am »
Full concentration needed by all for this one and I'm sure that's what the boss will be preaching.

Fulham are fighting for their premiership careers/pay packets and no one will expect much from this game so the pressure is off them and that can be dangerous.

As long as we play our game and the ref plays his game then we should have this but any early sunday game after a momentus mid week Champions League game needs to be taken really seriously.

Any win will do! 

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2019, 11:30:15 am »
last game before the break. We need to be on our toes and get this game wrapped up. That lot is fighting for survival and are in that new manager bounce period. I'll expect them to have a go at us.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2019, 11:40:42 am »
This won't be as easy as many are predicting, at least not at first.  Tight ground, battling at the foot of the table.  Live on TV to show people they're not that bad.  I saw the Spurs game there and they were unlucky that day.

All that being said, if we start with the right attitude, settle in and get the first goal, I can see us mauling them 4 or 5 in the end.

Come on you mighty reds, top off a great week with a return to the top of the league!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2019, 11:44:15 am »
last game before the break. We need to be on our toes and get this game wrapped up. That lot is fighting for survival and are in that new manager bounce period. I'll expect them to have a go at us.

Argh forgot there was a break. Probably coming at a reasonable time, but need to hope our players don’t pick up any injuries

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:21 pm »
I’ve got a feeling Mo is going to score a few here, 4-0 to is with Mo getting 2!

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2019, 12:10:44 pm »
So many options. I would imagine both Shaqiri and Keita will be chomping at the bit to get a chance. Just look at how hard Lallana and Origi worked when given a chance.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2019, 12:15:54 pm »
This won't be as easy as many are predicting, at least not at first.  Tight ground, battling at the foot of the table.
Battling for what?  To not finish bottom?  They're not staying up, so not a lot to fight for.

We'll snot them.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2019, 12:19:04 pm »
Any news on Mane?

Gut feeling he will be ok

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2019, 12:21:43 pm »
Who's playing at Fulham these days? That c*nt Schurrle?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2019, 12:27:00 pm »
Who's playing at Fulham these days? That c*nt Schurrle?

Maxime Le Marchand.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2019, 12:30:51 pm »
A Sunday lunch was organised with friends and families between our respective wives the other day. We'll be eating at 5/6. Need to put things on the calendar as it creates a hellovu lot of kerfuffle and tiring arguments about 'bloody football'. 'But they had planned to do something else at that time!'. *Alan Partridge shrug*.

Wouldn't mind seeing Adam Lallana return in this. Paired with Milly /Gini & Fabinho I guess?

I feel your pain.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 12:37:13 pm »

Jesus wept, every game should be the most important thing. We are going for the title and you can't "get up for this one"? I think you need to decide about whether you should be a Liverpool supporter my friend.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2019, 12:39:46 pm »
This is type of game where we need to avoid complacency. With Klopp at the helm, no too worried about this.

Fully expect Lallana to come back in, assume Fab will start. Not too concerned who the third midfielder will be (if we even play with 3 today?). Wouldn't surprise if one of our normal front three are rested today, maybe give Shaq some minutes.

Let's do this and put some pressure back on City. Come on Redmen!
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2019, 12:49:21 pm »
Nervous. Please just win.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2019, 12:59:04 pm »
Taking the first chance will be crucial.
Linudden.

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2019, 01:04:43 pm »
Don't rest our front 3.. Please.. go all out with our best XI.. Crush them under 60 mins with 3-0 or so then rest the squad.. Fulham have under performed in my opinion. Their squad doesn't deserve to go down, especially their attack. Considering they are fighting for their lives, any improvement from their non-existent defense could prove to be a very stiff challenge for us.
Go with the same UCL XI and crush them with a goal or 2 and then bring on the subs.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2019, 01:08:01 pm »
Would be disappointed if we don't win by 3 goals, but 3 point is all that matter.
Believer

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2019, 01:08:49 pm »
Don't rest our front 3.. Please.. go all out with our best XI.. Crush them under 60 mins with 3-0 or so then rest the squad.. Fulham have under performed in my opinion. Their squad doesn't deserve to go down, especially their attack. Considering they are fighting for their lives, any improvement from their non-existent defense could prove to be a very stiff challenge for us.
Go with the same UCL XI and crush them with a goal or 2 and then bring on the subs.
You make it sound so easy. I don’t understand posts like this. It’s a game of football, you have to perform better than the other team to win. Not simply turn up and expect it.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »
We have to be careful because despite their position they can actually cause teams problems. They caused Chelsea and Spurs some problems with their attacking play and even Man Utd took the lead against them against the run of play at the time.

We should have too much for them but we just need to remain solid.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2019, 01:11:49 pm »
Battling for what?  To not finish bottom?  They're not staying up, so not a lot to fight for.

We'll snot them.
Players are going to be battling for another PL club to sign them for next season. We'll still more than likely twat them, but I hope our lads don't take it easy amd expect them Fulham to beat themselves.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2019, 01:12:17 pm »

You need a different sport.

Players are going to be battling for another PL club to sign them for next season. We'll still more than likely twat them, but I hope our lads don't take it easy amd expect them Fulham to beat themselves.

Getting a team relegated isn't exactly a bonus on your CV

Fucking love this time of the season - takes me back to my youth when the business end kicked in and things got serious. Chance to go back to the top today, quarter finals of the CL with a dream draw, great time to be following the Reds.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2019, 01:13:54 pm »
Play angry and take our 3pts.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:34 pm »
With brave Scotty Parker in charge I'm expecting some snide behaviour and the ref to give them the benefit of the underdog. They have plenty of pace on the break too so we need to be careful if we try to pin them back.

Their defence is a bit of a sham though, hopefully Mo gets himself a couple to take some of the pressure off himself.