Author Topic: General Political discussion with kesey-style vibes & tantric breathing stuff...  (Read 359042 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Politico-a-go-go Looney Tunes! Schorcio!
« Reply #120 on: October 2, 2018, 07:40:02 am »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #121 on: October 2, 2018, 08:39:39 am »
@DawnHFoster

Asked some young Tories what policies they thought would attract voters under 30 to the party, and they replied "bring back public hanging" and "Scramble for Africa 2.0"

This Tory conference is going really well.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #122 on: October 2, 2018, 08:54:30 am »
.... "bring back public hanging"

I worry that after Brexit, that's just the sort of cheap populist thing that we could regress to.

.... "Scramble for Africa 2.0"

I believe China has already beaten everyone to that.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 2, 2018, 11:08:45 am »
The Tories have definitely been affected by what Labour’s conference talked about. They dont have the ability to put out any of the policies that Labour trumpeted and got people talking.

Did they?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #124 on: October 2, 2018, 12:17:50 pm »
I worry that after Brexit, that's just the sort of cheap populist thing that we could regress to.

I believe China has already beaten everyone to that.
Cheap populism?

The telegraph used to be designed for people who wanted to bring back the death penalty, believed in white rule in South Africa and voted conservative

These are core Tory values and always have been sadly.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 2, 2018, 12:46:07 pm »
Did they?

Yes, they did. The news reports had the headline McDonnell policy being talked or even put across in the 10-15 second news snippets on TV and radio.

The Tories dont get any of that. They just got Boris.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the policy, the Labour policies did get airtime.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #126 on: October 2, 2018, 03:02:44 pm »
Cheap populism?

The telegraph used to be designed for people who wanted to bring back the death penalty, believed in white rule in South Africa and voted conservative

These are core Tory values and always have been sadly.

Yes, cheap.

While I agree that there are likely many Tory supporters who may well wish for a return of the death penalty, to get it over the line they would need support of non Tory voters and you only have to look inside some threads on here re Child killers etc to see that there are many outside the classic Tory demographic who would probably support such a move.  It's not unlike Brexit, we know that many of the very people who voted for it are likely the ones who will lose the most from it going through, but they still voted for it and likely as not many of them would not be Tories either.

We should never underestimate the ability of many people to do really stupid things in moments of anger and outrage.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 2, 2018, 05:06:06 pm »
Yes, cheap.

While I agree that there are likely many Tory supporters who may well wish for a return of the death penalty, to get it over the line they would need support of non Tory voters and you only have to look inside some threads on here re Child killers etc to see that there are many outside the classic Tory demographic who would probably support such a move.  It's not unlike Brexit, we know that many of the very people who voted for it are likely the ones who will lose the most from it going through, but they still voted for it and likely as not many of them would not be Tories either.

We should never underestimate the ability of many people to do really stupid things in moments of anger and outrage.
Sorry, I phrased my post badly, I wasn’t really disagreeing, just trying make the point that cheap populism always has been Tory policy!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #128 on: October 2, 2018, 08:11:27 pm »
I know it's Johnson, but did anyone else catch him (falsely) claiming May could be prosecuted over Brexit?

Twitter link to video snippet where he did it in his speech: https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1047109425461379073

The language of 'betrayal' and 'traitors' moving into the language of 'lock her up'. Fucking disturbing to see him aping Trump messaging so brazenly.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 2, 2018, 09:04:14 pm »
It’s diffuckt havjng to play favourites between Johnson and May, but there’s a clear winner here...

Johnson is utter scum.... no redeeming features..
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 3, 2018, 12:30:17 am »
Mays only redeeming quality is that she isn’t the worst in her party

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #131 on: October 3, 2018, 12:48:38 am »
Oh come off it, the girl can dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGkQPbSPK8

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 3, 2018, 06:45:23 am »
True that..

Look at the young conservative picture in the front of one of today’s tabloids..  They don’t change... 
W

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #133 on: October 3, 2018, 08:03:58 am »
Something that never got reported glad they did this the rule changes were never about getting rid of Blairites. But those around 15 or so MPs who are doing every to bring Jeremy and the Labour party down by any means.

Erith & Thamesmead passes unanimous vote of CONFIDENCE in Teresa Pearce MP

Erith & Thamesmead’s Labour MP Teresa Pearce did not support Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership. In 2016, she supported challenger Owen Smith in the leadership contest.

But last week, her CLP passed a vote of confidence in her unanimously.

The vote, based on a motion from Abbey Wood ward, expressed “full confidence” in Ms Pearce. A member of the CLP explained:

Teresa didn’t choose for Corbyn, she was in the Owen Smith camp for leader and yet when the “chicken coup” took place she refused to join. Staying in the shadow cabinet, she took on extra responsibilities and roles. She put the Labour Party first and supported a leader who was being subjected to a bullying attempt to remove him.

CLP secretary Sizwe James added:

Erith & Thamesmead CLP’s General Council met on 27 September and a vote of confidence in our MP Teresa Pearce was passed unanimously. The consensus of the meeting was that we very much appreciate the hard work and dedication that Teresa brings in representing us and the extra mile she goes in serving our community.

Ms Pearce supported a ‘centrist’ challenger to Corbyn’s leadership – but behaved honourably throughout, putting party and members first and working to help the party succeed, whatever her personal opinion.

As a result of that and her hard work on their behalf, she is clearly regarded highly by local Labour members – and they recognised it by voting full confidence in her.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #134 on: October 3, 2018, 08:11:34 am »
Appealing for centre ground votes, May will add: “They want to support a party that is decent, moderate and patriotic. One that puts the national interest first, delivers on the issues they care about and is comfortable with modern Britain in all its diversity.”

Yes they do. And the Tories could not be any further from that description if they tried.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #135 on: October 3, 2018, 12:22:37 pm »
https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1047441421265981442

What the hell is going on? Which reality are we in right now?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 3, 2018, 12:29:06 pm »

Fucking hell
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 3, 2018, 12:34:27 pm »
Everytime I see May’s stupid, gurning, gormless face on TV I want to smash it in with a hammer.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #138 on: October 3, 2018, 12:35:06 pm »

This is definitely the darkest timeline

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #139 on: October 3, 2018, 12:59:08 pm »
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 01:53:37 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 3, 2018, 01:03:14 pm »

Christ. What a total embarrassment our country has become.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 3, 2018, 01:26:34 pm »
Everytime I see May’s stupid, gurning, gormless face on TV I want to smash it in with a hammer.

her face or your TV?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 3, 2018, 01:30:18 pm »

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 3, 2018, 01:33:59 pm »
We're all going to wake up one day and realise it was all a bad dream.............

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #144 on: October 3, 2018, 01:34:49 pm »
Something that never got reported glad they did this the rule changes were never about getting rid of Blairites. But those around 15 or so MPs who are doing every to bring Jeremy and the Labour party down by any means.

Erith & Thamesmead passes unanimous vote of CONFIDENCE in Teresa Pearce MP

Erith & Thamesmead’s Labour MP Teresa Pearce did not support Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership. In 2016, she supported challenger Owen Smith in the leadership contest.

But last week, her CLP passed a vote of confidence in her unanimously.

The vote, based on a motion from Abbey Wood ward, expressed “full confidence” in Ms Pearce. A member of the CLP explained:

Teresa didn’t choose for Corbyn, she was in the Owen Smith camp for leader and yet when the “chicken coup” took place she refused to join. Staying in the shadow cabinet, she took on extra responsibilities and roles. She put the Labour Party first and supported a leader who was being subjected to a bullying attempt to remove him.

CLP secretary Sizwe James added:

Erith & Thamesmead CLP’s General Council met on 27 September and a vote of confidence in our MP Teresa Pearce was passed unanimously. The consensus of the meeting was that we very much appreciate the hard work and dedication that Teresa brings in representing us and the extra mile she goes in serving our community.

Ms Pearce supported a ‘centrist’ challenger to Corbyn’s leadership – but behaved honourably throughout, putting party and members first and working to help the party succeed, whatever her personal opinion.

As a result of that and her hard work on their behalf, she is clearly regarded highly by local Labour members – and they recognised it by voting full confidence in her.

Sounds like she's successfully passed out of the re education camp, top of the class.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #145 on: October 3, 2018, 03:08:59 pm »
We're all going to wake up one day and realise it was all a bad dream.............
It's more like Requiem for a Dream.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #146 on: October 3, 2018, 03:20:37 pm »

Is this a variant of the Richarlison take on imitating Grouch Marx?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 3, 2018, 06:24:15 pm »
Sounds like she's successfully passed out of the re education camp, top of the class.
this could have been you Chris Leslie had you see the errors of your ways

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #148 on: October 3, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »
Ian Dunt nails May's speech today. "The problem of the speech was not its rhetoric or its construction. It is simply that it was completely unmoored from any notion of empirical reality." Big part of our current problems, isn't it? This disconnect between what is being said and what is being done. The world as being described and the world as it is. Propaganda over policy. O tempora o mores, I know. Still deeply unsettling to watch it continue to play out as the problems continue to stack up because it invariably ends up with politicians taking the easy way out of finding an 'other' to blame.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2018, 07:23:34 pm »
I noticed that during the speech she kept using the slogan "for the many not the few" it must be working well and they are trying to link it to the Tories.

Also she said Austerity is now over, which is odd because she said in a speech 18 months ago that Austerity is now over.

And they nicked Labour policy on Cancer and councils being able to borrow more to build houses.

No ideals of there own.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 3, 2018, 07:28:17 pm »
I noticed that during the speech she kept using the slogan "for the many not the few" it must be working well and they are trying to link it to the Tories.

Also she said Austerity is now over, which is odd because she said in a speech 18 months ago that Austerity is now over.

And they nicked Labour policy on Cancer and councils being able to borrow more to build houses.

No ideals of there own.

For the many not the few is of course from clause 4.

Written by one Tony Blair..
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #151 on: October 3, 2018, 07:38:17 pm »
Odd that none of the News stations doing anything about that picture of young Tories with the racist slogans and anti NHS writing on them. If that was from a Momentum party it would be the top story with Blairites all over the networks.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 3, 2018, 08:50:32 pm »
Odd that none of the News stations doing anything about that picture of young Tories with the racist slogans and anti NHS writing on them. If that was from a Momentum party it would be the top story with Blairites all over the networks.

It was all over social media and on the front of at least one tabloid..
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2018, 09:23:06 pm »
I enjoyed this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zIcz1nSk9oQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zIcz1nSk9oQ</a>

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2018, 09:24:48 pm »

But not reported on the news at all I guess its because its the Tories so its a none story.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2018, 09:34:06 pm »
But not reported on the news at all I guess its because its the Tories so its a none story.

There's a game on you know & the story has been on the BBC website for 6hrs.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #156 on: October 3, 2018, 09:36:53 pm »

It's something which would be more likely to see coverage in discussion shows rather than leading the news. It's like "George Galloway pushes another unfounded conspiracy theory based on Israel being at fault" is hardly going to headline News at 10. And Chris Williamson holding events in support of ex Labour members expelled for antisemitism barely even gets into the tabloids these days - it's almost as if everyone is at the point where you'd wonder what else he'd be doing with his time. Other than playing with spoons. If May were in the picture, likes of Jon Snow would be all over it. And rightly so.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 3, 2018, 10:13:40 pm »
Just in a paper of circulation of 1.5m?

On every newspaper stand?

Plus, it’s not news that young conservatives are horrible. Sadly, they always have been and this comes as no surprise..

W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 3, 2018, 10:24:38 pm »
My neighbouring MP....(also in the news today for calling his fellow tories who criticise Boris arseholes)  ;D

@patrickkmaguire

A comedy in two acts

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1047087488412594177

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 3, 2018, 10:51:41 pm »
Was the nazi style SS partly covered up by the blown up fuck the NHS bit covered?