Author Topic: Kolo Toure  (Read 163834 times)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Re: Liverpool sign Kolo Toure
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »
Gary Mac?

If he's half as influential as GM he'll make me eat my words Walshy.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16:56 pm »
I hope he's like Distin.

Well better mate, by a far... Distince?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »
Not happy about the wages rumored, but who am I to complain? The money isn't mine. GTFI lad. Hopefully he succeeds
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2013, 07:17:54 pm »
Very good signing. He'll prove a lot of people here wrong.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:23 pm »
Not happy about the wages rumored, but who am I to complain? The money isn't mine. GTFI lad. Hopefully he succeeds

what wages are rumoured?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »
I think the excitement should be is we are announcing he will sign when it is still May, on reportedly reasonable wages. Not long ago we would have been panicking to bring him in on transfer deadline day at huge wages as a stop gap because the player we had spent all summer, and far too much money, chasing had started the season poorly and then got injured.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:24 pm »
Good signing, won't be one of the 'headline' signings of the summer, but he'll add a lot of experience in the dressing room. Opportunistic from Rodgers- hope it works out well.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »
They're both skinny though. Kolo is not.  :D

No need to worry, ramadan is in July this year so hopefully he'll be in nice and trim for the season ahead.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »
No need to worry, ramadan is in July this year so hopefully he'll be in nice and trim for the season ahead.

Lets hope he stays away from his wife's diet pills!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »
what wages are rumoured?

The original series of articles, which obviously had the same source, said he would have to drop his wages by two thirds from 120,000 to 40,000.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:00 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJWuLUvWWW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YJWuLUvWWW0</a>

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:15 pm »
He was a key part of the Invincibles, so the tag is not unjustified.

I don't know. Personally, there's very few people outside of LFC, past ot present, that I would consider legends.

Still happy to see Kolo coming in. If we'd win the league next season he might be considered to be a legend.  :P
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »
Come August if we have no other defenders signed everything goes mental.

Why?

Agger, Johnson, Skrtel, Enrique, Toure, Coates, Kelly, Wisdom, Robinson, Flanagan, McLaughlin, Sama, Jones

We could use one more experienced backup left full back, but that is nothing to go mental about.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2013, 07:23:01 pm »
I like Kolo already. Welcome. Pleased with this signing as it means FSG aren't rigidly sticking to their policy of signing under 23s.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2013, 07:23:23 pm »
Why?

Agger, Johnson, Skrtel, Enrique, Toure, Coates, Kelly, Wisdom, Robinson, Flanagan, McLaughlin, Sama, Jones

We could use one more experienced backup left full back, but that is nothing to go mental about.
If we want top 4, it is.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2013, 07:23:48 pm »
The original series of articles, which obviously had the same source, said he would have to drop his wages by two thirds from 120,000 to 40,000.

Thanks.

Are people really upset about him getting 40,000? Worth it in my opinion.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »
Solid player, calm with the ball. A good choice for backup.

I don't buy the winner thing, it doesn't matter how many you have won before, defence and organisation off the ball is all about being coached to read the game and drilling, as a unit. It's the resulting precision of the press, mark, cover, balance every second, with every change of ball direction that will determine how well your defenders do. Agger and Skrtel looked a tight unit not so long ago.

If there's significant improvement to come from defence next season, it'll be on how well they're coached and prepped. A lot of the work in terms of possession is in place, we just need to take this step.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »
Hopefully this isn't  QPR-esque. Signing a established name with his best days behind him. Hoping he has something in the tank left.

The fact that we have a few former Man City scouts on the payroll gives me confidence that we know a lot about his character, injury record, form etc.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:23 pm »
Why?

Nah after seeing that defence last season we need one centre back ready to go straight into the first team and hopefully stay there for years to come.

i'll be disappointed, and shocked, if we don't sign another.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:38 pm »
Pleased. A good addition to the squad. Experienced, good physically and technically. Hopefully competition will be hot in the centre back roles.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
The fact that we have a few former Man City scouts on the payroll gives me confidence that we know a lot about his character, injury record, form etc.

Good point, forgot about that.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:58 pm »
welcome to anfield lad, so its 40k per week an no transfer fee?  what the hell do people want ??
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
Ripped me off and stung me with a Ford Cortina then messed my sister around for a while. Cnut of the highest order

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »
If we want top 4, it is.

We have conceded the same number of goals as the league winners this season, so it seems that the defence is not our problem.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »
Not a lot to be excited about beyond it being obvious that we're not tied to signing a load of kids as part of some bizarre transfer policy which ignores the importance of experience to a team. Excitement's not the point though is it? Solid signing, there for experience and to play some games. A fair few of our staff will know him inside out so they've obviously seen something there which is worth having in the squad and Rodgers has agreed. If he's boring and effective and helps some of our young lads along whilst putting in some decent games when called upon, as he did for City last season, not a lot to complain about. Hope it works out as intended.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool sign Kolo Toure
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2013, 07:28:00 pm »
Thanks.

Are people really upset about him getting 40,000? Worth it in my opinion.

No. The ones who want to be upset are pretending the rumours are £70k.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2013, 07:28:50 pm »
Liverpool today announced an agreement in principle to sign defender Kolo Toure – but how much do you know about the Ivorian? Brush up on your knowledge with our 10 facts about the centre-back.
toure, kolo toure

1. Toure's trophy haul boasts 11 honours, including league titles at all three of his previous clubs - ASEC Mimosas, Arsenal and Manchester City. His other medals came from winning the FA Cup and Community Shield on three occasions each, along with lifting the CAF Super Cup at the age of 18.

2. Kolo is one of three brothers plying their trade in professional football, with his siblings Yaya and Ibrahim playing for Manchester City and Al-Nasr respectively. He had previously played alongside Yaya since the start of the 2010-11 campaign, when his sibling arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Barcelona.

3. Highlighting his leadership qualities, Toure has captained Arsenal, City and the Ivory Coast national team in his career. While accumulating 105 international caps, the defender has been a runner-up in the Africa Cup of Nations twice and has appeared in five matches at the World Cup. Toure has also found the net six times for his country.

4. Toure will become the first Ivorian to join Liverpool in the club's history and becomes the latest player from the African continent to represent the Reds. Moroccan winger Oussama Assaidi was the last African to sign for the club. Kolo is the eighth player Brendan Rodgers has brought to Anfield since being appointed manager in the summer of 2012.

5. Having played as a winger or a striker in the very early stages of his career, Toure reverted to a defensive midfield role before eventually being deployed as a defender.  After initially being a utility player for Arsenal, the 32-year-old consolidated his position at the heart of their defence and has remained a centre-back ever since.

6. In a quirky twist of fate, Toure made his first-ever Arsenal appearance against Liverpool in the FA Community Shield in 2002 and also donned the Gunners' armband for the first time when facing the Reds in the League Cup five years later.

7. Toure will become the fifth player to swap Manchester City for Liverpool, following in the footsteps of Patrick Finnerhan, Matt Busby, Robbie Fowler and Craig Bellamy. The centre-back's free transfer means each of the last three deals have included no money changing hands. Eight players have travelled in the opposite direction, with the most recent being Nigel Clough in January 1996.

8. During his spells with former clubs, the Ivorian clashed with the Reds 21 times - he ran out victorious on 10 occasions, drawing seven times and losing just four matches. The defender found the net against Liverpool once, in a 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in November 2006.

9. Kolo should not be short of conversation with Australian goalkeeper Brad Jones when he is introduced to the Liverpool squad - the pair share a birthday, March 19. The Ivorian is one year older than his new teammate, however - Toure was born in 1981, while Jones was born in 1982. The aforementioned Nigel Clough also celebrates his birthday on that date - he was born in 1966.

10. Brendan Rodgers will become Toure's fourth different club manager since arriving on English shores, and the fourth different nationality the Ivorian has worked under. Frenchman Arsene Wenger brought the defender to Arsenal, Welshman Mark Hughes signed him for Manchester City, where Italian Roberto Mancini took the reins shortly after. Now Toure will look forward to working with Northern Irishman Rodgers.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/10-facts-about-kolo-toure
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:01 pm »
welcome to anfield lad, so its 40k per week an no transfer fee?  what the hell do people want ??
Exactly plus he adds some much needed height even though he's smaller than the out going Carragher but he gets stuck in so that makes him taller, or something.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #188 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »
We have conceded the same number of goals as the league winners this season, so it seems that the defence is not our problem.

And we were also one of the top scorers so fuck knows what our problem is!

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
Carra retired, Rodgers clearly doesn't trust Skrtel or Coates - we need a starter to partner Agger
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »
£130,000 a week for a 32 year old! Fucking hell, we're doing it all over again.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »
Solid player, calm with the ball. A good choice for backup.

I don't buy the winner thing, it doesn't matter how many you have won before, defence and organisation off the ball is all about being coached to read the game and drilling, as a unit. It's the resulting precision of the press, mark, cover, balance every second, with every change of ball direction that will determine how well your defenders do. Agger and Skrtel looked a tight unit not so long ago.

If there's significant improvement to come from defence next season, it'll be on how well they're coached and prepped. A lot of the work in terms of possession is in place, we just need to take this step.

The winner thing is important, because when you haven't won anything as a team (and a lot of our players haven't), then that experience when things are tight - that willingness to be calm and to play your game and keep working until you regain the advantage - can be crucial. It doesn't have any bearing on the defensive side of things, as you point out, but I wouldn't discount it either in terms of the mentality side of things. He'll be a player the younger players will look up to, who can say "trust this, forget that, and work hard when this happens" when things get a bit too close for comfort, and his influence will help guide those players when they have confidence issues. In terms of that, the young players in the squad have Suarez, Gerrard and now Toure to look up to in terms of trophies won.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »
He needs trophies to be a winner

Yeah, only David Moyes can still be a winner without actually winning anything.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »
welcome
YNWA

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
Carra retired, Rodgers clearly doesn't trust Skrtel or Coates - we need a starter to partner Agger

And that starter won't be Toure, at least not by choice.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

is that what Stevie is on then?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:26 pm »
And that starter won't be Toure, at least not by choice.
Exactly, that's my point. We need another defender.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool sign Kolo Toure
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »

:)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2013, 07:34:37 pm »

Got a source for that Chopper?