Author Topic: The Home Improvement Thread  (Read 8644 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The Home Improvement Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2019, 09:43:11 pm »
Looking to get a Log Cabin or such in the back garden for the wifes job but can it be plumbed and electricity installed easy enough?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2019, 12:46:15 pm »
Looking to get a Log Cabin or such in the back garden for the wifes job but can it be plumbed and electricity installed easy enough?

Would have thought that running a couple of pipes down for running water would be easy enough - saniflo if she needs a loo? My nephew had a summer house type thing put up in our kids back garden to live in, a mate of our kids wired it all up properly, wasn't difficult.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2019, 12:54:48 pm »
....saniflo if she needs a loo?

Or build one of these for her just outside the log cabin...

She'll be impressed.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2019, 01:11:54 pm »
Looking to get a Log Cabin or such in the back garden for the wifes job new living arrangements but can it be plumbed and electricity installed easy enough?

Amended that slightly for you.

Would love one for myself, to live in and get some peace to read and watch the footy.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2019, 01:39:08 pm »
Would have thought that running a couple of pipes down for running water would be easy enough - saniflo if she needs a loo? My nephew had a summer house type thing put up in our kids back garden to live in, a mate of our kids wired it all up properly, wasn't difficult.

Yes sink and bog
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2019, 02:42:45 pm »
A proper log cabin is damn expensive and could be too hot in summer and too cold in the winter.  I got a cheap one: a summerhouse with an attached side shed.  I have wired in electrics to both the summerhouse and shed parts and in the summerhouse, I've put a multilayer foil insulation on the walls and ceiling, and a damp proof membrane on the floor.  On top of that I'll put some moisture resistant MDF, and get some proper doors and a window, a cheap laminate floor and hopefully move my office in there. Finishing it will be a job for when it gets warmer though. Can't be arsed being out in the cold.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline woodhelp

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2022, 04:45:31 pm »
Hi
I can see there has been talk on this topic about painting upvc. Has anyone had any luck with any paints. I was thinking of trying Rusins ASAP Paint
https://priorypolishes.co.uk/product/rustins-quick-dry-all-surface-all-purpose-paint/
as it says it can paint anything including plastic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2022, 04:57:52 pm »
Hi
I can see there has been talk on this topic about painting upvc. Has anyone had any luck with any paints. I was thinking of trying Rusins ASAP Paint
https://priorypolishes.co.uk/product/rustins-quick-dry-all-surface-all-purpose-paint/
as it says it can paint anything including plastic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If it says it'll work on uPVC then it'll work. I recently painted my (wooden) front door and the paint specifically said it can also be applied to uPVC.

They issue you'll have is with visible brush strokes. I used a high-density foam roller to do 99% mine and am happy with the results. If I look closely, I can see brush strokes in the areas which needed a brush for detail. I wouldn't have been happy with the finish if it was all applied with a brush.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2022, 06:05:12 pm »
Hi

Just make sure you use an appropriate undercoat/primer and it should be fine.