Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (with added Rebirth)  (Read 27841 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake
« Reply #320 on: July 7, 2022, 03:15:18 pm »
-There won't be any locations from the original game cut in the remake. However, due to the strucuture of remake being multiple games, there will be slight change in the order of places you visit. But no location will be cut.

-We know some fans are worried that because it's going to be finished in 3 games, some are worried things might get cut or shortened. But nothing will be cut or shortened.

About the upcoming parts.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: July 8, 2022, 12:06:57 am »
-There won't be any locations from the original game cut in the remake. However, due to the strucuture of remake being multiple games, there will be slight change in the order of places you visit. But no location will be cut.

-We know some fans are worried that because it's going to be finished in 3 games, some are worried things might get cut or shortened. But nothing will be cut or shortened.

About the upcoming parts.

Worried that it’ll be finished in 3 games?

Only thing that worries me is I won’t be alive to see the 3rd one!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #322 on: July 8, 2022, 08:09:15 am »
I think it will be finished in 3 main games.

But it will be like intergrade where there are DLC games in between 2 and 3. Vincent will have a DLC story.

Final fantasy 7 on the Playstation 1 was such a vast game even today. You could spend 100 hours grinding out and exploring. So much so that on it's re-release on PC, PS3 and PS4 they put in cheats for 3x speed, no random battles and god mode. Remaking all of that today is such an incredible undertaking and they have done a good job so far.

Think of what they still have to cover

Kalm
Chocobos (capture, owning, racing)
Junon
Mt. Corel
The Gold Saucer (I think they will slip in some DLC here)
Cosmo Canyon
Nibelheim
Cid and Rocket Town
Temple of the Ancients (with the 'twist') (unless the changing timelines means that doesn't happen)
The snow fields (with some snowboading)
The 3 weapons
The underwater sub
The return to Midgar
The crater
The final battle

They barely scratched the surface with Part 1

Throw in a remake of crisis core as well.

It was so ambitious and I think of how much of a good job they did with Part 1 I think they have credit in the bank

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: July 8, 2022, 02:34:25 pm »
Worried that it’ll be finished in 3 games?

Only thing that worries me is I won’t be alive to see the 3rd one!

Think you should be fine. Rebirth(Part 2) coming out in Late 2023/ Early 2024 and they're already working on the 3rd part so 2026/2027? Surely you'll be still here then :P

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #324 on: July 8, 2022, 02:40:56 pm »
If they dont cut anything it'll be a fucking mammoth
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 8, 2022, 02:43:09 pm »
From Gematsu:

•(Regarding why it is called Rebirth rather than Remake 2…) Both Remake and Rebirth have a similar meaning of 'being newly reborn.' Also, if we called it Remake 2, it might give the impression there will be a 3, 4, 5, and so on… as well as that 2 only exists because of 1. This also means that Final Fantasy VII Rebirth can be enjoyed sufficiently on its own.

•The reason for the delay in announcing Final Fantasy VII Rebirth was because we were not sure whether it would be a two-part work or trilogy.

•Usually when it comes to the Final Fantasy series, only the core members are retained after the completion of a game, while most of the other staff move over to other teams. However, since the Final Fantasy Remake project was decided to be released in multiple parts from the start, the same team was able to start work on the sequel while maintaining their teamwork, know-how, and momentum, so development has been extremely fast. However, due to the large amount of resources required, there's no time for rest and things are always moving at full speed. The fundamental parts are complete and we're currently in the mass production stage. Development is going well.

•We've already begun work on areas such as the plot and scenario for the third title.

•Just as we created Midgar so that fans of the original Final Fantasy VII can appreciate it, we're taking care to develop Rebirth as not to ruin the image that fans have of the original. For that reason, the volume is quite massive.

•We hear the concerns of fans asking 'Can the story really be told in a trilogy?' and 'Will it be a trimmed down / digest version?,' but it will not be a digest.

•As for whether the game will be open-world or not, that will be announced with the next information release.

•The general systems from Final Fantasy VII Remake will carry over.

•The scene in which Cloud and Sephiroth are walking together in the trailer is a Cloud flashback scene.

•The main characters' 3D models haven't changed. However, some characters have been adjusted, such as Yuffie's model, which we touched up from Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.

•The focal point of the story hasn't been changed. As for the new mysteries that differ from the original Final Fantasy VII, players of the original will be able to enjoy the game in a new way. The challenge we tackled for this project was how to include those new mysteries without deviating from the original.

•Regarding game progression, there will be some changes. If while you're playing you think 'Was this cut?,' it's because the structure of the story has changed a bit due to the nature of it being a trilogy. Although the order in which you visit some places may change, our policy is essentially not to cut anything.

•It's exclusive to PlayStation 5 because of the graphical quality, of course, as well as SSD access speed. Since the adventure unfolds in a vast world after the escape from Midgar, loading stress is an extreme bottleneck. We felt we needed the specifications of PlayStation 5 to overcome that and travel the world comfortably.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2022, 03:28:12 am »
Couple of things to take from all that:

The challenge we tackled for this project was how to include those new mysteries without deviating from the original.

Good to know. At least the original storyline won't be drastically changed going by that. It seems like they are going down a Mass Effect style approach where you are presented choices at pivotal moments to either change something or stick to it. Either way, the timeline will remain largely the same regardless, with some changes that really don't impact the overall story, similar to what Remake did.

It's exclusive to PlayStation 5 because of the graphical quality, of course, as well as SSD access speed. Since the adventure unfolds in a vast world after the escape from Midgar, loading stress is an extreme bottleneck. We felt we needed the specifications of PlayStation 5 to overcome that and travel the world comfortably.

More or less confirming it having a large open world, or at least a large enough hub style world, with bits of it gated off due to there being a 3rd part. My guess is them building the next two parts in UE5 and using Nanite for the environment. Could also speed the 3rd part's development up considerably.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 8, 2023, 10:36:36 pm »

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: June 8, 2023, 10:43:40 pm »
Looks amazing, favourite game from childhood.
No time for caution.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 8, 2023, 11:03:02 pm »
So the release date has slipped a few months then. Shame because it could have been a great Christmas hit

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 8, 2023, 11:06:31 pm »
So the release date has slipped a few months then. Shame because it could have been a great Christmas hit

I believe Early 2024 still is considered "next winter" in the gaming industry.

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: June 8, 2023, 11:43:53 pm »
I believe Early 2024 still is considered "next winter" in the gaming industry.

Winter is officially Friday 22nd Dec 2023 to Wed 20th March 2024, at worst I can see a repeat of the 1st game and it slips into April

And 2 discs! PS5 ultra HD blu-rays are 100gb so it’s between 100-200gb

Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 9, 2023, 08:25:10 pm »
Remake was the last console game I properly played, I think I might have to look into getting a PS5 and a new TV for Rebirth, though I'll probably also rebuy Remake on PS5 (I still haven't played Intergrade) and play through that first.

Also been listening to the Voices of the Lifestream remix of the original music (the youtube version, there's a playlist on Spotify that's completely different), it's making me want to replay the original too.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2023, 02:44:22 pm »
It's taken me a long time but I'm getting through Remake now, on chapter 14 so I think I might get it finished before FF16 releases.

Schmidt, if you like the music, have you ever listened to Mega Ran's versions?  Albums are called Black Materia and Black Materia: The Remake

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2023, 02:31:18 pm »
It's taken me a long time but I'm getting through Remake now, on chapter 14 so I think I might get it finished before FF16 releases.

Schmidt, if you like the music, have you ever listened to Mega Ran's versions?  Albums are called Black Materia and Black Materia: The Remake

I gave him a listen after you mentioned him, the remix part of his music is really good but the talking over the top put me off a bit.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2023, 10:35:41 am »
I'm a massive fan of the original. Played it to death along with 8 & 9 after.

Didn't bother with the remake as the voice acting put me off and i feel like i've outgrown some of the wacky story-  but i've been thinking about picking it up as i love the music and think i'd enjoy the nostalgia. Seems the general consensus is that its a good game marred by a lot of fetch questing but in general i assume it's worth a play through?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 21, 2023, 12:11:12 am »
I'm a massive fan of the original. Played it to death along with 8 & 9 after.

Didn't bother with the remake as the voice acting put me off and i feel like i've outgrown some of the wacky story-  but i've been thinking about picking it up as i love the music and think i'd enjoy the nostalgia. Seems the general consensus is that its a good game marred by a lot of fetch questing but in general i assume it's worth a play through?

It's a great game would recommend it. The quests are pretty whatever, but they're worth doing because you get more character development from the characters and just fun to see these characters interact more.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 12:42:59 am by Garlicbread »

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2023, 01:02:16 am »
February 29th 2024!

New trailer and a bunch of info dropped.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2023, 09:25:32 am »
February 29th 2024!

New trailer and a bunch of info dropped.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5ZXqcymx0CI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5ZXqcymx0CI</a>

Looks fucking amazing. What they have managed to squeeze into that trailer is beyond anything I ever expected

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2023, 11:52:47 am »
Kalm flashback
Chocobos (capture, owning, racing)
Junon
The Gold Saucer
Cosmo Canyon
Nibelheim
One of the 3 weapons

Yuffie, Cait Sith and Red XIII playable, Vincent introduced

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2023, 07:35:49 pm »
Who on earth ever actually used Cait Sith?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2023, 08:33:18 pm »

As a kid I was super boring and only used Cloud, Tifa and Cid  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2023, 05:26:03 am »
I didn't even realize that the cat was the actual character.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2023, 08:54:10 pm »
I didn't even realize that the cat was the actual character.

Technically the actual character is a Shinra executive controlling the cat.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2023, 06:12:25 am »
Technically the actual character is a Shinra executive controlling the cat.
Oh yeah. I replayed OG FF7 last year with mods (highly recommended) and couldn’t really follow much of the story. It felt like they forgot to put half the script in.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2023, 09:59:48 am »

I did, Cait Sith is great ;D

I also remember shedding a year when he 'sacrifices' himself, thouugh that ends up being a fakeout.
:D

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: September 17, 2023, 10:29:20 am »
Oh yeah. I replayed OG FF7 last year with mods (highly recommended) and couldn’t really follow much of the story. It felt like they forgot to put half the script in.

I did exactly the same a month or two ago, started playing modded just to see what it looked like and ended up finishing it.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2023, 07:24:45 am »

Midgar is only like 10% of the story but it was something like +60% of all dialogue in the game. There's a huge imbalance.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2023, 06:55:55 pm »
Me ;D ;D ;D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2023, 12:01:21 pm »
Lots of info dropping from the preview event today:

- 40 hour main story(100 hours with all the side stuff)
- Story goes up to end of Forgotten Capital but Nomura says events will not play out in same order or manner
- Vincent and Cid not playable (similar to Red XIII in Remake)
- Rebirth title has something to do with Sephiroth
- New episode with Zack
- The game is huge at 150GB in size
- Working on FF7R and Intergrade helped the team familiarize with PS5 for faster development
- Players with FF7R save files will receive an "unknown summon materia at the start of Rebirth"
- Expanded minigames: for example Cloud can collect soldiers and decide  how to arrange them in Rufus Shinra's inauguration parade for different  outcomes
- Sephiroth playable in the flashback
- The dual discs works similar to the first game. One install disc(50GB) and one play disc(100GB)
- Game will have a Fidelty and Performance mode
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 12:07:28 pm by Garlicbread »

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2023, 03:33:59 pm »
- Players with FF7R save files will receive an "unknown summon materia at the start of Rebirth"

I had assumed that progress from remake would carry over, I'm guessing that's not the case then?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2023, 04:03:12 pm »
I had assumed that progress from remake would carry over, I'm guessing that's not the case then?

Yeah progress wont carry over. Probably wouldnt make sense to be level 50 and have fully evolved materia and such.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2023, 04:09:33 pm »
Yeah progress wont carry over. Probably wouldnt make sense to be level 50 and have fully evolved materia and such.

It's been ages since I played but I assumed that the level cap would just increase with each game.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2023, 10:11:33 am »
Can pre order now on ps5 store and get remake and the remake dlc for free.
No time for caution.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 8, 2023, 11:22:06 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/I8jjrBX4SnY?si=O-cvl_ZBW-L-y_R2" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/I8jjrBX4SnY?si=O-cvl_ZBW-L-y_R2</a>

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2024, 09:52:46 pm »
Bumping this with the release due next month - very excited.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2024, 10:47:38 pm »
Couldn't shake my feeling annoyed at the changes they made, but may revisit with a now open mind.

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2024, 10:19:21 pm »
Can’t wait to spend dozens of hours at the Golden Saucer once again!
Thinking of taking the afternoon of the 29th off so I can get to play it a bit earlier instead of work.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2024, 09:45:12 pm »
I thought the remake of FF7 was a great start to the trilogy, obviously they've changed some things by the looks of it with Zack and maybe Aerith it'll be interesting how they go about it.

Very much looking forward to rebirth

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (Now with added Rebirth)
« Reply #359 on: February 7, 2024, 08:13:24 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WgdkN2tCAFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WgdkN2tCAFw</a>