Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2530290 times)

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #34200 on: June 25, 2022, 10:36:51 pm »
Losing the leading edge on a roll of tin-foil.....to the point where there's nought but a thin slither deeply "troughing" itself all around the roll....and where it all begins and ends is now a complete and utter mystery!!

You try and score it with a knife trying to release a piece big enough to wrap a chicken....but just end up with a piece barely big enough to wrap a kit-kat!!

The entire roll ends up being binned....even though there's still about 30 metres left tantalisingly just sitting there on the roll....if only you knew the right bit to peel to bring it all back into useable service!!

:o

YNWA

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34201 on: June 26, 2022, 11:32:55 am »
Losing the leading edge on a roll of tin-foil.....to the point where there's nought but a thin slither deeply "troughing" itself all around the roll....and where it all begins and ends is now a complete and utter mystery!!

You try and score it with a knife trying to release a piece big enough to wrap a chicken....but just end up with a piece barely big enough to wrap a kit-kat!!

The entire roll ends up being binned....even though there's still about 30 metres left tantalisingly just sitting there on the roll....if only you knew the right bit to peel to bring it all back into useable service!!

:o

Amateur goings on there every proper person knows you cut tinfoil with a scissors

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #34202 on: June 26, 2022, 02:13:07 pm »
The way my mrs pulls the cling film means I feel your pain daily. She does it on purpose now I reckon.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34203 on: June 26, 2022, 03:28:14 pm »
Missus showed me something this morning, some 20 stone woman whining that she should be given free upgrades to first or business class when the seats are empty as she's too fucking fat to fit in normal seats and airlines should do more for lumps of lard like her. Yeah, maybe like help you lose some weight you fat fucker.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #34204 on: June 26, 2022, 05:20:45 pm »
Sad for all Yorkshire based (now or in the last 40 years) fans of the passing of Harry Gration. Always seemed a completely nice guy and classic BBC nice guy type broadcaster. Always sad when people who were part of our childhood pass away.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34205 on: June 26, 2022, 06:38:02 pm »
Microsoft auto-launching its dumb apps without me ever asking for them to even exist on my laptop.  Latest one is Microsoft Start, like their Edge thing.

just fuck off will yer!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #34206 on: June 27, 2022, 04:23:37 am »
Getting slapped with an import fee on an item, because we are not in the EU

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34207 on: June 27, 2022, 09:08:22 am »
Missus showed me something this morning, some 20 stone woman whining that she should be given free upgrades to first or business class when the seats are empty as she's too fucking fat to fit in normal seats and airlines should do more for lumps of lard like her. Yeah, maybe like help you lose some weight you fat fucker.

God that's infuriating,

On a similar subject.  Went Alton Towers with the grandson a few weeks back.  The queue for guest services on the way in, was longer than the queue for Nemesis.  Guest services is where people with disabilities get the fast passes.

Yeah I fully appreciate that not all disabilities are there too see, but much of that queue was made up of fat adult fuckers perched on mobility scooters.  Lets be honest here, I think most of us are quite astute enough to tell who's taking the piss and who isn't when it comes to wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

There was a little lad in a wheelchair at the back of the queue who clearly wasn't taking the piss.  Genuine disabled people are suffering because of these lazy lumps of lard.

Saying that, Aton Towers has got nothing on Florida theme parks when it comes to scooter boys.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34208 on: June 27, 2022, 10:00:14 am »
God that's infuriating,

On a similar subject.  Went Alton Towers with the grandson a few weeks back.  The queue for guest services on the way in, was longer than the queue for Nemesis.  Guest services is where people with disabilities get the fast passes.

Yeah I fully appreciate that not all disabilities are there too see, but much of that queue was made up of fat adult fuckers perched on mobility scooters.  Lets be honest here, I think most of us are quite astute enough to tell who's taking the piss and who isn't when it comes to wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

There was a little lad in a wheelchair at the back of the queue who clearly wasn't taking the piss.  Genuine disabled people are suffering because of these lazy lumps of lard.

Saying that, Aton Towers has got nothing on Florida theme parks when it comes to scooter boys.

They'll usually come up with some shite that "its in my genes". No its not you fat fuck, its because you shovel tons of food down yer throat and it is taking the piss out of people who genuinely have a need.

We were in Cici's pizza place on International in 2017, kids wanted pizza. This fucking huge blob comes in on a scooter, loads about 30,000 calories of pizza onto a plate then drives the scooter to a table and starts filling her fat face.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:03:30 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34209 on: June 27, 2022, 03:47:22 pm »
People who message asking if I have plans for x day, and then say nothing about why they are asking.

Whether or not i have plans or not depends a lot on what you are going to ask me to do/attent....  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #34210 on: June 27, 2022, 04:20:50 pm »
When you go to do your tea, open the freezer to get some food out only to find, you left the freezer door slightly open, & some of the food you have in has thawed out. :no
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:22:39 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34211 on: June 28, 2022, 11:02:33 am »
Getting soaked waiting for a Bus (x two 2 this morning)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:05:52 am by JohnSullie »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34212 on: June 28, 2022, 03:37:09 pm »
Fast food places that are anything but fast.  More staff assigned to the drive-through customers than those who walk in.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #34213 on: June 28, 2022, 03:42:09 pm »
Dog shit ingrained on the sole of your trainer.

Luckily it was only the one shoe. Small mercy.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #34214 on: June 28, 2022, 04:17:04 pm »
Delivery people leaving the gate open, especially on windy days.  :butt

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34215 on: June 28, 2022, 10:38:35 pm »
Working in a small team so when one person books a week off, that week is off-limit to everyone. So annoying, had to cancel an important hospital appointment due to this.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34216 on: June 28, 2022, 10:54:35 pm »
Working in a small team so when one person books a week off, that week is off-limit to everyone. So annoying, had to cancel an important hospital appointment due to this.

Where do you work? That's outrageous. So if a close family member dies you're not allowed time off to grieve if someone is on holiday?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34217 on: June 29, 2022, 01:11:51 pm »
Where do you work? That's outrageous. So if a close family member dies you're not allowed time off to grieve if someone is on holiday?
Work in procurement but we only have three people on our team so if one of them is off, the other two have to stay in and work. Bereavements are different I think as it's a special circumstance, but no doubt the manager would try to get me in that day. It's one of the reasons I'm actively looking for a new job.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #34218 on: June 29, 2022, 02:38:27 pm »
Shopping for a new suit. Nothing fancy needed, tried seven jackets and not a single one was the correct size on the hanger.

Spat my dummy and walked out

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #34219 on: June 29, 2022, 03:20:26 pm »
Called around to a school my son left a year ago, he has missed them so much.

unfortunately they are closing down forever tomorrow after the education board decided to shaft them

going in today and seeing them getting ready to pack up after over 20 years of setting children on their way in life was awful

Even I was excited about seeing them today but driving away I was thinking I will probably never see those teachers ever again :(

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34220 on: June 29, 2022, 04:36:41 pm »
maybe a dumb question ... but I can't recall hearing of schools closing down. is it due to declining population?  do those teachers get to go to another school?

(where do you live, paul?)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34221 on: June 29, 2022, 04:38:51 pm »
maybe a dumb question ... but I can't recall hearing of schools closing down. is it due to declining population?  do those teachers get to go to another school?

If anything schools are over capacity, in the UK anyway.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #34222 on: June 29, 2022, 04:45:26 pm »
Shopping for a new suit. Nothing fancy needed, tried seven jackets and not a single one was the correct size on the hanger.

Where at? I spent 20 minutes in Slaters the other week and came out with a suit and shirt fitting perfectly, and I'm a fat lad.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34223 on: June 29, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »

I would say that some are.

We had 4 secondary schools in Kirkby when I was growing up, Ruffwood, St Kevs, St Gregorys and Brookfield. My old Infants/Junior school was demolished and the site and the fields are now a housing estate. Ruffwood, St Kevs (which was next door)  have been demolished, as was St Gregs girls school and there is now a mixed Catholic school on the site Ruffwood and a High school on the site of the Brookfield. At their height, the Ruffwood and St Kevs had over 4500 kids between them, adding in St Gregs and Brooky probably adds another 3,000 kids.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:04:21 pm by rob1966 »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34224 on: June 29, 2022, 05:34:21 pm »

We have this as a general rule that only one person can be off on holiday at a time in our team but yeah, that doesn't affect hospital appointment FFS.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #34225 on: June 29, 2022, 05:36:10 pm »
Where at? I spent 20 minutes in Slaters the other week and came out with a suit and shirt fitting perfectly, and I'm a fat lad.

I live in Birmingham so had just popped into Next to size myself up. If I pulled a 40 jacket off the hanger it was either a 32 or a 46 (no, really). I honestly couldn't face another minute In there. A complete shit show.

Part of it is because Birmingham is a fucking awful place inhabited by mostly absolute c*nts.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #34226 on: June 29, 2022, 06:39:30 pm »
Someone goes

Can you do something for me?

Me: depends, what is it?

Oh, never mind.

.... This isn't such a bad outcome actually

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34227 on: June 29, 2022, 09:47:43 pm »

Near Belfast, It was a pre school, unfortunately it had no direct connection with most primary schools and I wasnt sure of full story because the teacher couldnt say much but she just whispered to me pretty much "education board are fuckers".

And as another school was able to take there kids on thats that.

Was 3 teachers, she just said to me they have just cried all week

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34228 on: June 30, 2022, 01:30:38 am »
Evri spamming my email for feedback on a delivery

I ordered something, it arrived when we agreed it would, and it was left where every package is left. If there's no negative feedback, assume that the job was done properly and fuck off.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #34229 on: June 30, 2022, 10:51:30 am »
I live in Birmingham so had just popped into Next to size myself up. If I pulled a 40 jacket off the hanger it was either a 32 or a 46 (no, really). I honestly couldn't face another minute In there. A complete shit show.

Part of it is because Birmingham is a fucking awful place inhabited by mostly absolute c*nts.

Next is awful for suits, taken over the mantle of Topshop for selling those stupidly skinny jackets and trousers worn mostly by arseholes.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34230 on: June 30, 2022, 10:59:57 am »

MAtalan were doing good offers but I just ended up going back to the place i got my wedding suit in as I know they are pros

everything sorted there and then

pay for what you get and all that

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #34231 on: June 30, 2022, 11:39:42 am »
Next is awful for suits, taken over the mantle of Topshop for selling those stupidly skinny jackets and trousers worn mostly by arseholes.

I was just using it to size up initially, seems I've put some timber on since I last wore it

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34232 on: June 30, 2022, 11:52:45 am »
Evri spamming my email for feedback on a delivery

I ordered something, it arrived when we agreed it would, and it was left where every package is left. If there's no negative feedback, assume that the job was done properly and fuck off.

AH these fucking feedback emails are driving me mad

Every time I order something I seem to get an instant email like "how did we do?"

Err, I'll let you know once I've received the goods and they are as described and not faulty.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34233 on: June 30, 2022, 09:14:12 pm »
Didn't see a message on the works app until tonight, had the chance to go to Belgium or Austria this Sunday night driving one of the F1 trucks, but too late now :no

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34234 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »
Didn't see a message on the works app until tonight, had the chance to go to Belgium or Austria this Sunday night driving one of the F1 trucks, but too late now :no

Omg Rob how fucking annoying 😡

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34235 on: June 30, 2022, 10:22:48 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #34236 on: July 1, 2022, 06:50:12 am »
'Dirty Burgers'

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34237 on: July 1, 2022, 08:07:46 am »
:(

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34238 on: July 1, 2022, 08:09:34 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(

You don't get a notification unless you actually log into the app and I just happened to have a feeling that there was a message but I expected it to be about driver training. 😭

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34239 on: July 1, 2022, 03:51:59 pm »
People who say while instead of until.