Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332823 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #7280 on: April 13, 2024, 01:08:24 pm »
21 degrees in London yesterday and today! But then back to about 14 tomorrow so will enjoy it while I can!

We're still in single figures with not much variation between day and night temperatures.

Still got 40+mph winds every day too and as if it's not cold enough, those winds are coming from the North from Monday until next Thurs 🥶

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7281 on: April 14, 2024, 09:13:00 am »
Sunshine,blue skies and not a breath of wind.

It'll be fucking freezing by 5 o'clock mind.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7282 on: April 14, 2024, 09:17:40 am »
It's that War of the Worlds song, "Forever Autumn". Reckon we'll all be humming it once Jurgen has gone.

At least we have flowers.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7283 on: April 14, 2024, 01:41:14 pm »
It's that War of the Worlds song, "Forever Autumn". Reckon we'll all be humming it once Jurgen has gone.

At least we have flowers.

We've been out in the garden, tidying the shed, trimming some branches off the tree and decorating the outside wall with the Sun, Lizards and and all other bright summer stuff. Its been a half decent day so far
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7284 on: April 14, 2024, 01:56:51 pm »
It's bloody freezing since the sun went in already.  :-[
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7285 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:44 pm »
Seems it's summer now, hopefully the weather will get the message soon.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7286 on: April 17, 2024, 01:43:58 pm »
That wind is a bastard, one minute it feels nice and warm in the sunshine and the next minute you get hit by an artic breeze.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7287 on: April 17, 2024, 01:55:26 pm »
Seems it's summer now, hopefully the weather will get the message soon.

The jet stream is still right over the UK, so not for a while yet.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7288 on: April 17, 2024, 01:58:57 pm »
That wind is a bastard, one minute it feels nice and warm in the sunshine and the next minute you get hit by an artic breeze.
We walked around West Kirby lake yesterday. Lovely and sunny, but the northerly wind cut through us like a knife. Stood sheltered from the wind on the main street it felt nice and fairly warm too. Weather forecast suggests it will be around freezing point tonight, outside of cities.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7289 on: April 18, 2024, 08:15:43 am »
Was gonna go for a bike ride this morning, it's sunny, but oh look, it's 3 degrees. Maybe after work? Oh, 10 degrees, 90% chance of rain. Maybe tomorrow morning? A bit warmer at 7 degrees, no rain, but oh....back to gale force winds. :butt
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7290 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:15 am »
Was gonna go for a bike ride this morning, it's sunny, but oh look, it's 3 degrees. Maybe after work? Oh, 10 degrees, 90% chance of rain. Maybe tomorrow morning? A bit warmer at 7 degrees, no rain, but oh....back to gale force winds. :butt
Remember when we were all stuck indoors during lockdown. It was like Barbados out there. All we could do was look at it through the window. 
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7291 on: April 18, 2024, 09:33:06 am »

Wow that's pretty much what we've had everyday since the end of February. 

In fact we had better, warmer, calmer weather in January and February

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7292 on: April 18, 2024, 09:42:13 am »
Remember when we were all stuck indoors during lockdown. It was like Barbados out there. All we could do was look at it through the window. 

I know. A part of me thinks that the weather this year is actually fairly normal, we just had a few very warm years recently. I definitively remember snow at Easter and wearing a winter coat until the 1st of May. I'm just so sick of it. :butt

Wow that's pretty much what we've had everyday since the end of February. 

In fact we had better, warmer, calmer weather in January and February

I'm thinking that a ciuple of weeks ago, we often had two of the three things together, cold and wet, freezing and wind,  wimd and rain, so maybe only one of them is an improvement?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7293 on: April 18, 2024, 10:29:36 am »
I know. A part of me thinks that the weather this year is actually fairly normal, we just had a few very warm years recently. I definitively remember snow at Easter and wearing a winter coat until the 1st of May. I'm just so sick of it. :butt

I'm thinking that a ciuple of weeks ago, we often had two of the three things together, cold and wet, freezing and wind,  wimd and rain, so maybe only one of them is an improvement?

It's been fairly pleasant here the last day or so but it's still really cold due to the winds coming mainly from the north.  At least that's keeping the rain away to an extent.

As for this being normal, I'm not too sure. 

I don't like really hot weather as I suffer terribly from prickly heat, sun and heat stroke so I'm rarely outside after 10.30am in the summer unless I'm in shade.

Because of this I've always aimed to have a decent base tan before going back to school after Easter so that I didn't completely frazzle in the summer. 

That's never changed and I'm 64 now.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7294 on: April 18, 2024, 11:25:34 am »

I'll admit, I was often going out for bike rides and walks during the first lockdown - beyond the once a day exercise - avoiding people of course. I would have lost my mind staying in all day, especially as I was WFH and my missus was working more shifts with the NHS.

I saw some coppers out walking about 6 weeks into it with me commenting "oh, hello, they've finally let you out" which made them a bit prickly, but it was really a joke about me being out more often than I was allowed.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7295 on: April 18, 2024, 01:17:04 pm »

Not all of us  :wave I absolutely cleaned up on the deliveries when a few places opened up again. It was mainly taking ale to people from the offies. It was boss as the roads were more or less empty and I just got a lecky bike. Vroom , vroom .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:19:01 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7296 on: April 18, 2024, 06:26:24 pm »
^  ^

You pair of lockdown breakers. 😃

It's weird in a way. Lockdown feels like another lifetime now.

The weather was awful this afternoon. Just 9°c and yet more rain. It was milder in December and January.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7297 on: April 18, 2024, 07:03:32 pm »

Yeah, I miss it ;D

I use to go shopping in the Lidl on Lime Street. It was new and well stocked, and because most of the students that live in the halls round there had gone home, it was usually empty. I remember cycling there from home, and the first car I saw on the road was by the bombed out church. And it was glorious sunshine, blue sky, and warm.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7298 on: April 19, 2024, 11:47:44 am »
^  ^

The weather was awful this afternoon. Just 9°c and yet more rain. It was milder in December and January.

I was doing my duties and serving the local pissheads Guv..

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7299 on: April 19, 2024, 12:17:15 pm »
^  ^

Kesey was basically doing a public service tbf. I relied on Deliveroo et al that summer as I couldn't be arsed queuing at Waitrose for a pint of milk. But I did at one point order one bottle of diet coke on Deliveroo, which seemed frivolous.

I've been colder in the house this April than in Dec/Jan as I keep trying not to put the heating on, whereas in the winter I'd have it on at these temps.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7300 on: April 19, 2024, 12:33:05 pm »
Kesey was basically doing a public service tbf. I relied on Deliveroo et al that summer as I couldn't be arsed queuing at Waitrose for a pint of milk. But I did at one point order one bottle of diet coke on Deliveroo, which seemed frivolous.

I've been colder in the house this April than in Dec/Jan as I keep trying not to put the heating on, whereas in the winter I'd have it on at these temps.

My work bag was like a pass to freedom. No queing outside supermarkets either as they'd see me bag and let me straight in. I swear though most orders contained alchohol. Bargain Booze signed up for it during lockdown and was busy . The tips were good too. I remember a lady holding out a tenner to me and saying are you allowed to take this or touch this. It was in my pocket and I was off before she even closed the door   ;D.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7301 on: April 22, 2024, 12:26:36 pm »
Dry and sunny here again,they'll be muttering about hosepipe bans if this keeps up for the rest of the week.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7302 on: April 22, 2024, 12:39:58 pm »
Dry and sunny here again,they'll be muttering about hosepipe bans if this keeps up for the rest of the week.
There was talk in the press a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of hosepipe bans this summer.  :butt

Apparently, we don't catch and store enough rain water, and much of what we do catch gets lost due to leaks in the system.

Why do we put up with this?

Dry here too just now. Part cloudy but some sun peeping through. Chilly wind, but nice when sheltered from it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:41:40 pm by Son of Spion »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7303 on: April 22, 2024, 12:43:35 pm »
There was talk in the press a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of hosepipe bans this summer.  :butt

Apparently, we don't catch and store enough rain water, and much of what we do catch gets lost due to leaks in the system.

Why do we put up with this?

Dry here too just now. Part cloudy but some sun peeping through. Chilly wind, but nice when sheltered from it.

I brought myself a water holder, didn't cost much but it stores quite a lot of water which I need for my various plants. It usually lasts through the summer, I have never run out yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7304 on: April 22, 2024, 01:33:20 pm »
I brought myself a water holder, didn't cost much but it stores quite a lot of water which I need for my various plants. It usually lasts through the summer, I have never run out yet.
Good idea that. Anyone with a garden shed could rig up a gutter that channels into a water butt, too. They store a lot and provide free water for garden plants. Good if on a water meter.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7305 on: April 22, 2024, 03:39:44 pm »
I should move our water butt,at the moment it's under the deck and connected to the porch down pipe.The dog disconnects it every time she hurls herself at next door's cat.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7306 on: Yesterday at 02:30:54 pm »
Nice day, but I'm indoors watching the snooker.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7307 on: Yesterday at 05:49:55 pm »
Well this is more like it.

I've managed 2 full days outside, not warm but calm, dry and sunny enough to enjoy some gardening and eat tea outside tonight.

More of this please weather gods 👍