Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256044 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mingebags
« Reply #2240 on: September 14, 2022, 03:54:41 pm »
Blimey. I get that to some people having a big fancy wedding isn't the be all and end all and they are a bit of waste of money let's be honest, but even saying all that, fuck me, that sounds like one of the cheapest, most basic, worst weddings I've ever heard of.
That's fucking shocking.
As you say, it's not about spending loads, it's about celebrating and having a good time.

Even as a member of the public there's brewerys that'll sell you a 72 pint barrel of ale for around a ton. Couple of them and you're on your way. You can probably do hot pork baps or beef baps for around £2 per head and a couple of big proper curries. Get a mate who's the best DJ to do the tunes and you've got the basis of a decent do.

Whatever they spent on that shitshow was wasted.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2241 on: September 14, 2022, 03:57:14 pm »
That is bizarre Liverbloke.

Update on the mingebag from work I've posted about before, the one who tried to order curry for his family at the staff meal and who tried to replace my water with coke for himself in a meal deal. He's left the company unfortunately, so that source of mingebaggery is no more for any stories.

He got accused of something by another member of staff and resigned before HR could conclude their investigation.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: September 14, 2022, 05:28:21 pm »

Update on the mingebag from work I've posted about before, the one who tried to order curry for his family at the staff meal and who tried to replace my water with coke for himself in a meal deal. He's left the company unfortunately, so that source of mingebaggery is no more for any stories.

He got accused of something by another member of staff and resigned before HR could conclude their investigation.

You should have fought his corner, we need him in our lives

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2243 on: September 15, 2022, 01:19:02 pm »

Stealing post-it notes?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2244 on: September 15, 2022, 01:48:11 pm »
I don`t know if I have posted this before.

My parents are genuinely lovely people who would help anyone if asked. They are also relatively well off. What amuses me each year is the present I get for my birthday. Now I am not expecting anything big, or indeed even expensive but some of the presents have been absolutely brilliant. For my 21st (many years ago) a dictionary and for my 30th (also many years ago)......a paperweight.

I would be disappointed if I got anything normal and actually as I have got older I buzz of their madness.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2245 on: September 15, 2022, 11:25:29 pm »

Accused of being a mingebag? 😁
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2246 on: September 16, 2022, 05:15:34 am »
Stealing post-it notes?
Sheets of toilet paper?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: September 16, 2022, 09:32:51 am »
Stealing post-it notes?
I wish I had a better story to tell but basically he'd just been cutting corners on work and when doing solo, time-sensitive stuff, fudging it to make it look like he didn't manage to get through his workload because of an overwhelming amount of work (which he'd created for himself).

I don`t know if I have posted this before.

My parents are genuinely lovely people who would help anyone if asked. They are also relatively well off. What amuses me each year is the present I get for my birthday. Now I am not expecting anything big, or indeed even expensive but some of the presents have been absolutely brilliant. For my 21st (many years ago) a dictionary and for my 30th (also many years ago)......a paperweight.

I would be disappointed if I got anything normal and actually as I have got older I buzz of their madness.
It's a difficult one. It's certainly not mingebaggery because they obviously think they're thoughtful, useful presents. Have you ever suggested something you might like to them? My Grandparents are the same, wealthy but maybe send me a tenner in a card for my Birthday and get me nothing for Christmas, but are two of the loveliest most hospitable people you'll meet. Feels mean to expect more but I always make a lot of effort on presents for them and it's never reciprocated.

I think they feel that buying a bloke in his late 20s presents is unnecessary basically.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2248 on: September 16, 2022, 10:44:57 am »
We are talking about mingebag individuals.

My wifes ex-employer just mailed in to ask if she has any of the remaining shirts/jackets they gave her. They gave her 3 t shirts, 3 jackets and 2 winter jackets.

If she doesnt, they will subtract 300 euros from her September salary.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: September 16, 2022, 11:03:23 am »

My wifes ex-employer just mailed in to ask if she has any of the remaining shirts/jackets they gave her. They gave her 3 t shirts, 3 jackets and 2 winter jackets.

Bizarre corporate mingebaggery. I always wondered why businesses did this, asking to return ratty polos and jackets that have been worn for years.

I suppose so the individual can't claim to be representing the company. But come on.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2250 on: September 16, 2022, 11:26:08 am »

That happened a mate of mine when he left a football team. He was there years, they demanded it back. Thing was his name and initials were on the gear. They could have easily let him keep it

Things must have sorted themselves though as 10 years later he is coaching them
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2251 on: September 16, 2022, 12:24:58 pm »
I was planning on giving them to some homeless people around where we live.

This winter is going to be brutal. But I guess with some misers trying to be penny wise pound foolish, I would rather give it back to them.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: September 16, 2022, 12:27:47 pm »

Could you not just say something like 'What? I left them all on my desk, so someones clearly moved them?' or something.

Then the onus is on them to prove you never and they'll surely not be arsed to?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: September 16, 2022, 12:34:38 pm »
Could you not just say something like 'What? I left them all on my desk, so someones clearly moved them?' or something.

you reminded me of something I did when I left some place

I worked in a section for 10 years, usually did a collection for someone who left, bit of tea and cake etc.

Nothing was done for me, literally no effort made whatsoever which I thought was poor given all the people I looked after and all the people I had trained in down the years. To make matters worse the absolute weasel of a boss sent someone to tell me I was barred from their canteen (instead of coming to me himself he sat in his office and sent someone else to do it like the spineless c*nt he was).

Anyway our office was still unmanned so i went in one day, locked all their desk drawers, locked all their cabinets and said nothing. Few weeks later they had difficulty moving someone in.

came to me
"what happened all them keys"
"havent a clue, havent been there in ages"

I had them all along, took them home and chucked them in the bin. They had to get a load of new ones cut. Hope it cost a few bob

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2254 on: September 16, 2022, 12:53:14 pm »

Nah mate it was a toxic environment going by what my wife had to say.

There were 5 in her team who never uttered anything else other than a "hello good morning" and "have a nice evening". Not even a courtesy "how was your weekend" or "what are your plans for the evening". Sounded like everyone had a stick up their arses and halfway like the climax of animal farm.

We dont care. I told my wife to tell them to come and collect it from home, or anywhere close. We are not driving 30 kms to drop it there.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2255 on: September 16, 2022, 01:12:29 pm »

surely the law interprets 'gave' as to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation

so if he has written 'gave' in an email - unless you've just paraphrased - then a written email is admissible as evidence that you were given it and therefore owe nothing in return

if taken to a tribunal or similar

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2256 on: September 16, 2022, 01:20:27 pm »
surely the law interprets 'gave' as to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation

so if he has written 'gave' in an email - unless you've just paraphrased - then a written email is admissible as evidence that you were given it and therefore owe nothing in return

if taken to a tribunal or similar

to be honest it'll likely need to be in the employment contract, or a separate thing signed when receiving the items, that they are to be returned upon leaving the business and if not a certain amount can be withheld from the final pay.

If it's in neither then tell them to fuck off.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: September 16, 2022, 01:30:48 pm »
Yeah they can't just say we want these back or pay *finger in the air* eeer, £300.

Scumbag c*nts.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: September 16, 2022, 01:32:22 pm »
to be honest it'll likely need to be in the employment contract, or a separate thing signed when receiving the items, that they are to be returned upon leaving the business and if not a certain amount can be withheld from the final pay.

If it's in neither then tell them to fuck off.

good point that man
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2259 on: September 16, 2022, 01:35:27 pm »
Nah mate. It is a good jacket yes but not worth of holding it and facing a tribunal or anything like that.

We were planning on giving all of them away to homeless people who would otherwise be cold in the upcoming winter. We definitely have no intention of wearing them outside even if they had said we could hold on to them.

Let them keep the jacket and do whatever they want with it.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: September 19, 2022, 06:05:30 am »
Sounded like everyone had a stick up their arses and halfway like the climax of animal farm.

Effes approves of this.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2261 on: September 19, 2022, 01:37:00 pm »
Effes approves of this.

Its funny you should mention that. Her boss' first name and last name spell F.S.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2262 on: September 22, 2022, 08:24:35 pm »
People who watch and enjoy a full buskers set...at a safe distance, then walk away and leave them fuck all.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2263 on: September 30, 2022, 11:39:06 pm »
Got a mate, who I’m starting to think isn’t such a mate

He’s constantly asking for money to help him pay for bills, gambles excessively to try and win money to feed his kids, doesn’t earn a good wage but he’s got the same job he’s had since he was 18/19, (he’s now pushing 40) doesnt think about getting another just expects it all magically to be ok at the end of the month

I put my foot down about lending him money every time but he never takes no for an answer

They’ve got 4 kids and every time he asks for money he pulls the biggest guilt trips ever, ‘I can’t feed the kids’, ‘theyve got no clothes’ I’ve finally in recent  times saud look enough and he’s now upped the ante suggesting he’s going to do bad things to himself etc so I give in

We’ve been mates a long time but it’s a very one way thing. He’s done it again today and he knows my sister just died and I’m off work with injury. Doesnt give a shit

I know I’ve been a total mug with him now. Been delusional for a long time but can finally see him as the user he is.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:40:40 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2264 on: October 1, 2022, 09:23:45 am »
I hope everyone finds a mate as good as you. But doesn't take advantage to such lengths .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2265 on: October 1, 2022, 10:25:59 am »

He’s constantly asking for money to help him pay for bills, gambles excessively to try and win money to feed his kids, doesn’t earn a good wage but he’s got the same job he’s had since he was 18/19, (he’s now pushing 40) doesnt think about getting another just expects it all magically to be ok at the end of the month

I put my foot down about lending him money every time but he never takes no for an answer

They’ve got 4 kids and every time he asks for money he pulls the biggest guilt trips ever, ‘I can’t feed the kids’, ‘theyve got no clothes’ I’ve finally in recent  times saud look enough and he’s now upped the ante suggesting he’s going to do bad things to himself etc so I give in

We’ve been mates a long time but it’s a very one way thing. He’s done it again today and he knows my sister just died and I’m off work with injury. Doesnt give a shit

I know I’ve been a total mug with him now. Been delusional for a long time but can finally see him as the user he is.

He is not your mate.  A mate just wouldn't emotionally blackmail you like this.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: October 1, 2022, 10:35:19 am »
You need to put your foot down, don't fall for his bullshit. If he does do something to himself, it's NOT on you.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: October 1, 2022, 11:02:10 am »

He's using you to make up for his gambling losses.

If they're really tight on money, and you want to help out, speak to his missus and give her the money.

And sorry to hear about your sister.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: October 1, 2022, 11:17:44 am »

i've got a nephew who did the same with/to me including threatening to harm himself because he was 'so desperate' and i too succumbed to these 'threats'

but redbyrdz gives some great advice - if he needs money for the family's sake then either meet with him and his girl together or approach the girl separately

you have been a great friend to him, but i had to sever ties with my nephew completely, which was hard as we had a close relationship, but all he did was move on to another family member/friend and leached from them - he will never change unless he seeks proper help

it's gonna be hard but you're going to have to say no

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2269 on: October 1, 2022, 11:34:01 am »

Sorry to hear about your sister mate.

Your friend is not a friend, he's a sponger.
You need to be firm with him that you aren't financing his lifestyle anymore. Should he then follow through with his threats, that's on him for not being a man and facing his responsibilities. There's plenty of help out there if he feels he has a gambling addiction or whatever, but it really isn't your responsibility to keep bailing him out.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2270 on: October 1, 2022, 12:11:26 pm »
Sorry to hear about your sister mate.

Your friend is not a friend, he's a sponger.
You need to be firm with him that you aren't financing his lifestyle anymore. Should he then follow through with his threats, that's on him for not being a man and facing his responsibilities. There's plenty of help out there if he feels he has a gambling addiction or whatever, but it really isn't your responsibility to keep bailing him out.

In one. He’s not a mingebag he’s, frankly, a parasite.

I’ve helped out mates in the past but not to that extent and I certainly wouldn’t subsidise their gambling.

Couldn’t you take a few bags of food round for the kids?

And I wouldn’t recommend meeting up with his wife. Who knows where that may end. :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2271 on: October 1, 2022, 12:20:54 pm »
In one. He’s not a mingebag he’s, frankly, a parasite.

I’ve helped out mates in the past but not to that extent and I certainly wouldn’t subsidise their gambling.

Couldn’t you take a few bags of food round for the kids?

And I wouldn’t recommend meeting up with his wife. Who knows where that may end. :D

Barney may have some spare white goods that need moving...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: October 1, 2022, 10:41:24 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone and well wishes

You’re all completely right. It’s taken a long time to admit to myself the guy isn’t really my friend.

I looked through our text conversation history today and it’s right there in black and white. Nothing about me, how I am etc

All him. Take take take. I’ve been pretty stupid about it really

Thanks again everyone, needed to vent about him and this is the only place I feel I could do it. I didn’t really know what thread to put it in but I think I got it spot on

Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2273 on: October 1, 2022, 10:48:46 pm »

Not stupid, Rushy.

It's just much easier to see when you're not in the middle of it.

Being there for your mate, which is what it was to you, isn't stupid.

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: October 1, 2022, 11:53:28 pm »
Not stupid, Rushy.

It's just much easier to see when you're not in the middle of it.

Being there for your mate, which is what it was to you, isn't stupid.

Cheers mate. It’s been good to get others view on it which I needed

Jurgen Klopp

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: October 2, 2022, 10:00:04 am »
Definitely need to give him a wide berth. You've been too good a friend

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2276 on: October 2, 2022, 12:16:45 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone and well wishes

You’re all completely right. It’s taken a long time to admit to myself the guy isn’t really my friend.

I looked through our text conversation history today and it’s right there in black and white. Nothing about me, how I am etc

Thanks again everyone, needed to vent about him and this is the only place I feel I could do it. I didn’t really know what thread to put it in but I think I got it spot on
Did he ever pay you back?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: October 2, 2022, 01:44:20 pm »
Did he ever pay you back?

Started I’d say about 10 years ago this

Stopped paying me back I’d say 5 years ago. Posdibly once or twice out of 30

Jurgen Klopp

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: October 2, 2022, 05:13:21 pm »
I've a family member who's like that Rushy, although they did pay back for while, the asks started becoming more a more frequent/larger and in the end I seen it for what it was, enabling. Had to call it out for what it was, I respect myself too much to be used like that. It hurts but we are all grown ups here, frendships aren't forever.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Divock

• Main Stander
« Reply #2279 on: October 2, 2022, 08:00:45 pm »
A lad I know told me a good one from his work recently.

His work has a referral scheme - if you refer somebody for a vacancy and they get the job, the person making the referral gets a £500 bonus. The scheme has the obvious caveat that managers can't refer people for vacancies in their own team.

One of the managers was gaming the system by asking colleagues in his team to refer applicants that the manager knew. This was on the proviso that each colleague got to keep £100 and they would send £400 to the manager when the applicant got the job. The manager was involved in the selection process so it was a clear conflict of interest.

The manager would act like a proper loan shark when it came to recovering the referral fee, constantly casing the poor sods that he had forced to make the referrals.

The £500 bonus was subject to tax & NI. When one of the colleagues explained to the manager that she had actually received less than £400 after tax from the company herself, the manager stood his ground and continued to demand the full £400 from her. Proper shithouse.

The manager is now facing a HR investigation over all of this...