Author Topic: FA cup tickets stolen.  (Read 104748 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: FA cup tickets stolen.
« Reply #40 on: May 5, 2006, 10:19:24 pm »
Can't see them making it up to be honest, they'd have to have the cooperation of the royal mail for a start and why would they want people to believe that their supposed "special delivery" was so easy to knock over? Hardly inspires customer confidence does it?

Plus there's all the calls that the TO are going to get over the weekend when they should be doing the ballot, why would they want to bring all that on themselves?

If they have made it up it's a shitty trick and they want their arses kicking for it. There's plenty of other ways they could have tried to deter people from buying black market tickets. Wasn't there one a while back about blanks going missing from the printers?
Legacy fan

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #41 on: May 5, 2006, 10:19:32 pm »
Whats a load of rubbish, they done the post box in with a JCB, fucking hell, it was all over the Echo and loca news, fuckin bollocks.
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #42 on: May 5, 2006, 10:21:24 pm »
Whats a load of rubbish, they done the post box in with a JCB, fucking hell, it was all over the Echo and loca news, fuckin bollocks.

He meant the current "theft", not the one you were talking about.
Legacy fan

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 5, 2006, 10:21:24 pm »
If tickets have been stolen, then Cardiff will have to issue duplicates. They CHOOSE not to, rather than because they physically can't. But that is because the system has been abused in recent years. I'm sure for stolen tickets they will re-issue.

Agreed.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't and it's incredibly unfair on the people who've had tickets robbed or potentially those in the ballot who will have their allocation eaten into in order to compensate.

Either way the people who have had their tickets robbed should deffo get sorted somehow.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #44 on: May 5, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »
If the FA provided clubs with enough tickets in the first place then none of this would have happened
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #45 on: May 5, 2006, 10:29:34 pm »
If the FA provided clubs with enough tickets in the first place then none of this would have happened

Of course it would, there are always people who can't get tickets through the proper channels and people who want to take advantage of that.

Unless you're talking about allocations of 40,000 or more
Legacy fan

Offline Crouchinho

• Main Stander
  • "We are the real people's club"
« Reply #46 on: May 5, 2006, 10:30:04 pm »
The tickets are not bar-coded so there is no way of 'stopping' the stolen ones (unless they hand-check every single ticket against a list of stolen ones, which they will not do).

If they are not barcoded, there has to be a way of distinguishing between stolen tickets and real tickets- simply they can produce duplicates but with a different background colour or something.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 5, 2006, 10:35:17 pm »
If they are not barcoded, there has to be a way of distinguishing between stolen tickets and real tickets- simply they can produce duplicates but with a different background colour or something.

The new ticket will say 'duplicate' or something on. But there is no way of distinguishing a stolen ticket, as the word 'stolen' doesn't magically appear on it when it's been nicked!

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #48 on: May 5, 2006, 10:36:24 pm »
Why?

The tickets are not bar-coded so there is no way of 'stopping' the stolen ones (unless they hand-check every single ticket against a list of stolen ones, which they will not do). Anyone holding a stolen one will still get into the ground. The only problem which could arise is that if two people are in the same seat and one calls over a steward to settle the dispue, then the one with the duplicate will obviously take preference. Basically, if you purchase a ticket from an unofficial source and someone else has the same seat, then don't cause a fuss. Just mingle inconspicuously.

Exactly, if you buy a ticket from outside the ground and think its a dodgy one, get in the ground and stand by yer mates. It's happy days.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 5, 2006, 10:37:58 pm »

Ring the TO and ask them
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2006, 10:39:02 pm »
I had assumed that if they knew exact seats that they would be able to give lists to the staff on the relevant turnstiles so that they could check tickets against the list as people came in, maybe have extra staff on etc.

If there is a large number of stolen tickets can you really see them taking no action to try and stop them getting access to the stadium? Would they want to risk a large number of extra people getting in and the potential for disorder inside the stadium as people found their seats were occupied?
Legacy fan

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2006, 10:48:28 pm »
I had assumed that if they knew exact seats that they would be able to give lists to the staff on the relevant turnstiles so that they could check tickets against the list as people came in, maybe have extra staff on etc.

If there is a large number of stolen tickets can you really see them taking no action to try and stop them getting access to the stadium? Would they want to risk a large number of extra people getting in and the potential for disorder inside the stadium as people found their seats were occupied?

Imagine the fucking queues at kick-off though.

Offline Dave34

• Main Stander
  • A Salisbury Drinker , main stand ST holder
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2006, 11:28:11 pm »
i was informed by the TO at 1-15 pm today that most of the tickets ordered on wednesday were sent out thursday afternoon/evening delivery saturday or monday   IE she said mine were dispatched on thursday ordered weds , the ones that seem to have been taken today must have been from thursdays sales , the club and stadium and the fa must issue duplicates now if this is the case  i hope we all get our tickets or the club are in big trouble .
I am Back . i am now putting my papers away and i  rest my case your honour .

Offline killer1971

• Kemlynite
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2006, 11:33:07 pm »
i was informed by the TO at 1-15 pm today that most of the tickets ordered on wednesday were sent out thursday afternoon/evening delivery saturday or monday   IE she said mine were dispatched on thursday ordered weds , the ones that seem to have been taken today must have been from thursdays sales , the club and stadium and the fa must issue duplicates now if this is the case  i hope we all get our tickets or the club are in big trouble .
That would appear to make sense as my order (placed on Wednesday) read as 'ticket to be printed' up until midday on Thursday and then changed to 'Confirmed'. I'm still surprised that tickets sent on Thursday would take as long as Monday to arrive, especially after paying £4.25 for special delivery.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #54 on: May 5, 2006, 11:36:25 pm »
or the club are in big trouble .

Why are the club in trouble?  There isn't much they can do about some wanker stealing a load of tickets from a mail van.  And if the FA were to refuse to issue duplicates then again there is nothing the club can do.

But as soon as the club has a comprehensive list of those tickets stolen duplicates are likely to be issued and sent out or collected.  Simple as.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Dave34

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: May 5, 2006, 11:44:26 pm »
they will be in trouble because they are responsible for the tickets , not only is it a cup final its a lot of money that supporters have payed out, i have payed out over 400 pound for 5 tickets maybe not alot to you but a massive amount for me , it happen at the league cup final i had to go to cardiff with no tickets and pick them up at the rugby club , but now there saying no duplicates so is that our fault or the clubs fault , for me its the clubs fault to sort it out , people cant just be left with no tickets its not on .

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2006, 11:47:46 pm »
they will be in trouble because they are responsible for the tickets , not only is it a cup final its a lot of money that supporters have payed out, i have payed out over 400 pound for 5 tickets maybe not alot to you but a massive amount for me , it happen at the league cup final i had to go to cardiff with no tickets and pick them up at the rugby club , but now there saying no duplicates so is that our fault or the clubs fault , for me its the clubs fault to sort it out , people cant just be left with no tickets its not on .

It is the millenium stadium telling lfc and west ham that there will be no duplicates.  The club are only passing on the message.

But what more can the club do apart from send tickets out Special Next day delivery?  Do you want them to hand deliver every ticket themselves on a silver platter?

He never walked alone

Offline Dave34

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2006, 11:53:22 pm »
what do you want then people with no tickets , the club are ultimately responsible for the tickets if they are going to use phones and online sales its there responsibility not the buyer IE us no fan should miss out who are eligible for tickets .

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2006, 11:57:00 pm »
what do you want then people with no tickets , the club are ultimately responsible for the tickets if they are going to use phones and online sales its there responsibility not the buyer IE us no fan should miss out who are eligible for tickets .

You haven't answered the question.  What can the club do to ensure all those who ordered a ticket receives it? 

What would YOU do different to the way the ticket office have dealt with sending the tickets out?

Special Delivery is supposed to be one of the most secure and fastest ways to send mail in this country.

He never walked alone

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 6, 2006, 12:19:22 am »
The only way it could be safer is if the sale of tickets was completely at the window, therefore the fan has their ticket there and then. This wouldn't be practical for a lot of fans though and for other reasons.

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #60 on: May 6, 2006, 12:33:25 am »
The only way it could be safer is if the sale of tickets was completely at the window, therefore the fan has their ticket there and then. This wouldn't be practical for a lot of fans though and for other reasons.

They scrapped that idea when they realised the average wool is likly to spend more in LiverWorld than your average Scouse fan.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline stewartw

• Toot toot to you two too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
« Reply #61 on: May 6, 2006, 12:49:38 am »
You haven't answered the question.  What can the club do to ensure all those who ordered a ticket receives it? 

What would YOU do different to the way the ticket office have dealt with sending the tickets out?

Special Delivery is supposed to be one of the most secure and fastest ways to send mail in this country.

Armed gaurds for the postie from next season!!!
That girl playing no 11 is quality, who she?  That's my daughter and she doesn't want to play for Macclesfield town girls!!

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 6, 2006, 12:56:59 am »

Send them out disguised with fake Everton FC post marks on them.
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 6, 2006, 01:12:41 am »
Send them out disguised with fake Everton FC post marks on them.

:D

Offline Lanrmort

• Legacy Fan
  • What were the skies like when you were young?
« Reply #64 on: May 6, 2006, 03:38:16 am »
wither that or the TO just realise this to put fans off from paying over the odds, and really there are no stolen tickets.

That was my first thought. Seems to happen every year.

Now I'm not saying the idea of a van being had off is implausible of course (!) but it is a strangely common phenomenon.
twitter: @mortoni

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 6, 2006, 03:50:30 am »
That was my first thought. Seems to happen every year.

Maybe because the FA Cup final happens every year?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #66 on: May 6, 2006, 08:05:33 am »
I guess we will find out how true this is very soon, when some peoples tickets turn up this morning in the post and other peoples don't.

I hope it's not to many that got stolen and the problems will all be sorted out.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2006, 08:14:13 am »
Is it only tickets sent by Special delivery that have been stolen? I ordered mine on thursday online and forgot to specify Special delivery, guess im sweating on this until my tickets arrive.

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: May 6, 2006, 08:17:52 am »
Well thats my postie been, still no ticket and I bought mine on wednesday, thievin bastards.

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 6, 2006, 08:19:40 am »
Well thats my postie been, still no ticket and I bought mine on wednesday, thievin bastards.

I'm starting to think the same. Mine were also bought on Wednesday and the posties just been with no tickets. I'm still holding out for the Special Delivery van though...

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70 on: May 6, 2006, 08:41:09 am »
My postal application still not registering any ticket purchase online....  but was received...  I called the TO on Thursday afternoon.

For once, given the stolen ticket story, I'm pleased they have been slow to deal with postals.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: May 6, 2006, 08:43:34 am »

same here too
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline Le Songmeister

• Kemlynite
  • Snuggles !!!
« Reply #72 on: May 6, 2006, 08:47:13 am »
Wonder where it happened? If it's a van collecting from the TO there will be thousands of them. Bloody nightmare.

You may laugh but this is what happened :
The van was raided while parked outside the Everton Club Shop. The postie was in the shop collecting Everton's mail after leaving Anfield.

And they ask... who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say... little old wine drinker me

Offline Le Songmeister

• Kemlynite
  • Snuggles !!!
« Reply #73 on: May 6, 2006, 08:48:03 am »
The van was raided while parked outside the Everton Club Shop. The postie was collecting Everton's mail after leaving Anfield.

And they ask... who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say... little old wine drinker me

Offline liv4pool

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: May 6, 2006, 08:55:25 am »
There's a very easy way around this. They can issue as many duplicates as they like, no one gets into the ground without an LFC Fancard and / or proof of ticket purchase from the club.

Offline ealsc15

• Kopite
  • Hey Jude
« Reply #75 on: May 6, 2006, 08:56:51 am »
I bet my fuckers where in there.......

Belive me they will do duplicates as all details logged, on ticket will be stamped on it DUPLICATE or summit.  So who ever in your seat will get shifted.

Good luck

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 6, 2006, 08:59:45 am »
There's a very easy way around this. They can issue as many duplicates as they like, no one gets into the ground without an LFC Fancard and / or proof of ticket purchase from the club.

I'm sure a lot of people who would buy from touts would have a fancard anyway, this would only work if the tickets had names printed on them, which I don't think they do.

The best they could hope for would be for all stolen tickets to be in the same block or at least only from a couple of blocks so they can check only those parts of the stadium rather than slowing it down by having to check EVERYONE.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: May 6, 2006, 09:01:34 am »

this can't be done because there will be "neutral" fans going through liverpool and west ham turnstiles that have bought their tickets from the FA.
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline ealsc15

• Kopite
  • Hey Jude
« Reply #78 on: May 6, 2006, 09:15:04 am »
They have neutral sections dont they, as my mate a few years ago was sitting with some mancs and some people who didnt give a shite just they as got free tickets.

Tickets sent from Liverpool will be only in Liverpool end simply

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: May 6, 2006, 09:22:09 am »
what liv4pool was saying was that everybody going through gates 1-3 should have their fancards checked but it would not be possible. Neutrals go through thos gates as well so they wouldnt have fancards (probably would never have heard of them). I used to work on the turnstiles at the millennium stadium and it would be impossible to check every fancard
« Last Edit: May 6, 2006, 09:24:49 am by ianrush79 »